The Waitress - Cover

The Waitress

Copyright© 2006 by DG Hear

Chapter 4

It looked like it was finally going to happen. My daughters Kim and Barb came up to me and said that they were supposed to have a 40th anniversary party for us this year. Since mom died they wanted to plan a wedding party along with Stacy now instead. They said all I was allowed to do was name my best man and they were all going to do the rest only I had to pay for it. Then they came out with the "You have to trust us, Dad, please."

I told them all okay and Roy from the diner would be my best man. I told them if it wasn't for Roy I would never had met Stacy.

Kim and Stacy did most of the running around. They became best friends. I remember them saying that when they went to look for a wedding dress the clerk asked if they were sisters and Kim told the lady that Stacy was her mom. That's how well they got along.

I remember Stacy telling me about her getting ready and my daughter was helping her. She needed to wear something new, which was no problem. She had her new undies and of course her new wedding dress.

She said she needed something old which wasn't a problem either. She said most everything she wore was old and she picked some hair clips that her mom had given her years before.

When it came to something borrowed she had a problem. She wasn't sure who she could borrow something from that would go with her gown. Barb came out and loaned her the diamond necklace that her mom had passed down to her. Stacy had tears in her eyes knowing that the necklace was Barbs acceptance of her into the family.

Something blue, created a problem also for a woman dressed in white. Carla, Mikes wife handed her a pair of blue garters and told all the girls "Don't even ask." They had a Victoria's Secret emblem on them. Carla laughed and told Stacy that Mike shouldn't see them anyway. Then all the girls laughed together.

On the day of the wedding I was a nervous wreck. They ended up having it at a church and any police officer who wasn't on duty was there, as well as all the retired officers. Roy stood up front with me in our tuxedos... yep the girls went all out. As the music started, all my kids were in the wedding party. I honestly had no idea. Both of my sons came down the aisle with their wives and my daughters with their husbands.

Stacy's mom even showed up as well as her half-sister. Then I looked up and saw Ben as ring bearer. Following him as usual was Marti with a basket throwing rose petals.

Instead of going over to the women's side Marti walked right up to me and said, "Uncle Charlie, mommy's getting married."

I smiled at her and told her that I knew. She smiled at me and walked over next to Kim. Everyone was laughing - as I said, she had me wrapped around her little finger.

The music 'Here comes the bride' started and there stood Stacy in a white gown, looking like an angel. She later told me she didn't think she should have worn white but that my daughters insisted on it. I have to say I've never seen a more beautiful woman as her half-brother walked her down the aisle. Everyone in the wedding party as well as Stacy's mother were crying with tears of joy. There was no one with more tears than me, unless it was Stacy.

When the preacher said, "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," I kissed her and everyone cheered. I watched Stacy glance at Kim as she produced two pieces of paper that she was holding and ripped them into a million pieces which she used as confetti. Stacy never told me what those papers were. It was a secret between Kim and her.

Epilog:

The reception was a big success and Stacy and I went on a honeymoon for a few days. We didn't tell anyone where we were going because we wanted to make sure we were alone. After returning we took Ben and Marti to Disney World for five days.

Stacy now only works part time during the lunch hours at the diner. She gets great tips and nobody messes with her. Roy told me that half the police force eats there regularly thanks to me and Stacy. As far as Ben and Marti, I adopted them both. I'm no more Uncle Charley but now I'm Daddy all over again. We were going to give the kids separate room but they said for now they liked the bunk beds. As for my king size bed, it gets a lot of use. Life is Good.

Hope you enjoyed my story comments welcome DG Hear.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.