The Angry Whore - Book 1 - Cover

The Angry Whore - Book 1

Copyright© 2006 by POL

Chapter 19: Telling Um'

8 August, 1686 Afternoon

woman pirate

Carmen stood holding a loaded and cocked pistol pointed directly at Jack Scarlet's mid-section. Claire and Isabel, also holding loaded weapons but pointing downward, stood slightly behind and to the left and right of the Captain. Standing near Scarlet were Aba, Cog, and Dancort. Constance who had moments earlier gathered the men by telling them the Captain wished a meeting stood just outside the cabin several feet behind the group of men, with two drawn pistols of her own in hand.

"Gentlemen," Carmen said addressing the group of men, "please excuse the pistols. I've never seen any good come out of threatening, so understand that these pistols are for protection not threat, yet I am not such a fool that I would tell you what I am about to impart without being armed not knowing of your disposition after having heard it. So please if you will, bear up until you've heard us out."

"I assure you Captain," Scarlet said smiling, "it matters not what you are about to divulge, not a single man among us would ever think to harm you."

"Of that, I have no doubt Jack, none, and I thank you," Carmen responded smiling back, "but of my retaining control over this ship I'm not so self assured."

"Understood," Scarlet replied.

"So," Carmen continued, "in most cases of things that effect this ship I'm all for argument, in this case however I am not. We have made up our minds. The search for Shadrach Bass will be delayed for a while. If after you hear our plans you like the service, well, you'll join us and if you don't, gentlemen, why then, you're free to answer no, free and welcome to leave, departing with our sincerest friendship and goodwill going with you."

"Isabel, if you please," Carmen addressed the younger girl without turning her eyes away from Scarlet soliciting Isabel to convey her concerns, which the girl did, and with the same compassion, pain, and driving desire to help her sister as she had done previously.

"That's it gentlemen," Carmen said after Isabel had stopped talking, "the short and long of it. And as stated previously there will be no discussions regarding this ship's compass heading when we weigh anchor. Make no mistake, on the marrow The Maidens Revenge is sailing for Portobello. I do apologize if you feel we have misled you in any way, but Isabel only recently expressed her concerns to us, and even then her design was to set out unaccompanied and unprotected, which was not to be thought of. That being said, any of you that wish to leave will be handsomely compensated for your time."

"Your pardon, Captain," returned Dancort, "this crew has its rights like other crews, and I take it we can talk together. That being so I don't feel misled or un-righted. Consider me yet signed on."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.