Not the Marrying Kind
Chapter 3: Waiting

Copyright© 2006 by strawberryangel

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 3: Waiting - Bree was a wild, promiscuous woman. Educated and self assured, she felt she had her whole life figured out. That was, until she met him. The instant connection to him led her to behaviors and feelings foreign to her.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Reluctant   Heterosexual   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Slow  

The next morning I listened to my lone message, it was from my mom, and then sat sipping my coffee. I spent the early afternoon running errands and picking up groceries for the week. I didn't even approach my computer to see if Cole was on-line where we first met or even whether he had sent me an IM. I decided that I probably wouldn't hear from him. He told me he would be working so I shouldn't torture myself by checking. Besides, I wasn't that type of girl and wasn't about to become one. I refused to be clingy or wait by the phone. Even though I desperately wanted to hear from him I had to come to terms with the fact that I might not.

After unloading my groceries into my fridge and pantry I grabbed my purse to head across town to my parent's house. The message from my mom was to remind me that she was having dinner for everyone that evening. Every other Sunday my family gathered for an early dinner, at least early by my standards. Between 4 and 5 o'clock for dinner was earlier than my 7 or 8 pm usual time. I didn't always make it to the family gathering due to work or other plans but I did try to make it as often as I could. The last two times I hadn't gone and so I decided, I will not miss dinner today.Pulling into the driveway of my parents cluster-home I checked the other cars parked ahead of me. "Yep, the gang's all here," I whispered to myself happily. Both my sisters' vehicles were there. Kimberly's Minivan and Rebecca's Jeep Grand Cherokee were parked in front of the double-car garage.

About five years ago my parents sold my childhood home and bought this new home. They lived in a cluster home community. Each section that had four homes joined together. They were attached to each other, arrayed around a center point like flower petals. It was a nice community and the cookie-cutter homes were well designed. It was all brick with dark green trim, just like all the other ones in the community. The best part of their new home for my parents was that it was maintenance free. With their age and health problems I was happy that they had less to worry about in their retirement.

I was actually looking forward to my family's company; I was feeling down and out-of-sorts and needed them around me. Stepping through the front door I could hear my nieces and nephews screaming upstairs as they ran about. The delicious aroma of my mother's roast wafted around me like a welcoming hug.

"Hello!" I hollered through the empty living room hoping my voice carried to the great room despite the noisy surroundings. My voice must have carried because not a second later my mom poked her head out from the doorway to the kitchen, where the adults had congregated.

"Hey Mom, how are you?" I asked, knowing for the next few hours I was protected from the outside world.

"I am doing good, sweetie; I suppose you got my message. Glad you could join us this week, I've missed you," she said.

"I know, Mom. Work has been killing me," I said, laughing. Feeling her sincere love I added, "I've missed you, too."

"You weren't home last night like you've been lately. I was surprised to get your answering machine," she said sheepishly.

"I was out with a friend and lost track of time." was my unemotional response.

"Hmmm, out with a friend? Is that code for a man?" She smiled and I knew her mom's intuition was picking up on something from me. I smiled back, not wanting to divulge anything to her. I knew if I said yes she would be hopeful for a new son-in-law right away and that wouldn't be fair to her. It was a first date with a virtual stranger; no need to get her hopes up, especially since it seemed it would be for no reason.

I tightened my lips in irritation and rolled my eyes, "Now Mom, don't start with this again. I just want to enjoy my family's company, okay?"

"Okay dear, I don't want to argue. Come in and say hi to everyone else." She ushered me into the kitchen where I could hear my family laughing and talking.


The late afternoon and evening passed by as I chatted with my family and enjoyed their company. I stuck around to play a game that always gets us laughing at one another. One thing I could say about my family was that we're close-knit who loved each other and these games always ended up being fun. My brothers-in-law were a welcomed addition for my dad since he had three daughters. The added testosterone in the house had given him resurgence to his teasing nature. The time with all of them proved to be therapeutic for me. Unfortunately the next day was Monday and since I was up late the previous night I was starting to feel the toll of lack of sleep.

The round ended with us laughing at the fact that my dad had lost badly. I took the break as an opportunity to say I needed to go. Bidding my farewells I exited before my sisters rounded up their kids for their exit. I was blocking everyone in the driveway anyway so naturally I should slip out first. Giving out hugs and kisses I was glad that no more was asked by my mom or anyone else about dating or getting married. I was able to forget about Cole for the time being. It was dark as I backed my car out of the driveway and raced home.


Plopping down on my sofa, dressed in my comfy Victoria's Secret pajama pants and tank top, I logged into my laptop. Pulling out some files for work, I planned to prepare for the work day ahead. However, my mind was on Cole. There were no messages when I got home and no phone calls were made to my cell. I figured he wouldn't contact me today since he said he was going to work most of it anyway so I was not surprised by not hearing from him.

With no new IM messages popping up as my computer opened, I proceeded to check my e-mail. No messages from Cole. I let out a big sigh and flipped open a folder. I guess I won't be hearing from him today I thought to myself and tried desperately to take my mind off him. It seemed the more I tried to take my mind off him, the more it drifted back to him and our date. Waiting sucked and I should just call him. No, that would be bad. I didn't want to scare him off or seem too desperate. Okay, I would just wait then I decided as I settled back into my work.

Monday was an exceptionally busy day. Two new clients were thrown my way and I was feverishly working until 7pm but that made the day fly by as if I blinked and the sun had set. With no word from Cole during the day, which didn't surprise me, I decided to not even turn on my lap-top. After getting home, I sat down with my take-out Chinese and watched some TV and tried to relax. I decided if I didn't hear from him by Thursday I was writing him off and moving on. No reason dwelling if there isn't anything between us was my thought as I was trying to distance myself from the feelings that were developing.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.