A Better World II
Chapter 21: Back to San Jose State University

Copyright© 2006 by Robert Wilson

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 21: Back to San Jose State University - A Better World II continues the story of the Savage family after the asteroid hit Burma in "A Better World." Tom and Cynthia Savage graduate from high school, get married, form the Graton Squadron, attend San Jose State university, earn degrees in avionics, and join the asteroid defense force. They find who sent the asteroid that hit Burma and tells what they did about it.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Science Fiction   Furry   Incest   Group Sex   Orgy  

Monday March 31, 2008 The Dean's List

San Jose State again. The Top Gun School made one change to our routine. We now did one half hour of Tai Chi before we ran.

We were going at it fine in March and April and the first three weeks of May. We all had 4.0 averages when we were all called to see the president of the University. President Chow came out and ushered us into her office. She wanted to meet us before we graduated. She had been watching our progress since we enrolled.

We had completely turned the education industry upside down. We had three classes left to complete the requirements to graduate from San Jose State University. What was amazing was that as of today we all had perfect 4.0 grade point average. The college has had a lot of students with 4.0 GPAs. This is the first time a group of twelve students from the same school district taking the same classes had a 4.0 GPA.

She asked that we graduate with the other students. She also had a problem. We were all qualified for consideration as the valedictorian. We were equally qualified. "The committee could not find some way of selecting one of you to speak at the graduation ceremonies as Valedictorian for the class of 2008," she told us. "Even if they used community service as criteria for selecting one of you. You all were active in the community. What am I to do???

We all looked at each other. Then Abe stood up. "We have an answer. Back in December we selected one of us as our leader. It was he that stood for us as spokesperson when we did that crazy flight over the Bay Area and California. He was willing to stand up for us during the bad times. It is only right that he be selected to stand for us during the good times. That person is Tom Savage."

The president's eyes got large. "I want to be sure. I have twelve slips of paper here; I want you each to write the name whom you would want to be Valedictorian." She passed out the paper and pencils. We wrote a name and passed the slips back to President Chow. She counted the votes on the slips. There were twelve slips. There were eleven votes for Tom Savage and one slip that was blank.

She asked. "Tom did you abstain?"

I answered yes. I did not feel comfortable voting for myself.

President Chow shook her head. "4.0 GPA and humble too." Then she asked the Squadron: "Will you be satisfied if I select Tom Savage as valedictorian for the graduating class of 2008?"

The squadron all said YES!

"Congratulations Tom. You are the Valedictorian for 2008."

I asked that when I am called forward to speak that I be allowed to call the squadron up on the dais too. President Chow saw no problem with that.

She thanked us for our time.

"We need to celebrate," Mary/Fran said. "We do not have to fly this weekend. Let's go home Friday night and have a party Saturday. Our families need to share in this. Tom, may I make the arrangements for a party?"

I looked around. "I think a party is in order. You, Mary/Fran, are in charge of the party. Could we also have a dance?"

"That is up to the committee," Mary/Fran said. "I would like Abe, and Leona to help me with the arrangements."

"Three more challenges to go," I said. "The class challenges went well, now for the lab."

When we got back to the apartment we each had a big envelope from UNASA. In it was a letter of congratulation. The recipient had been selected for astronaut training. We were to report to UNASA Ames training center for testing and training Monday July 7, 2008.

I called Jane, Nancy, mom and dad on net. I shared the news with them about being valedictorian and the UNASA letter. They were ecstatic.

"We need to go somewhere nice for dinner," I said to Cynthia. "Would you invite the other squadron members to dinner at Original Joe's? My treat!"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.