The Gift
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2005 by Volentrin

Erotic Sci-fi Sex Story: Chapter 7 - Story about a boy who discovers the ability to see past events. He finds out he has this ability when he is serving a detention in the eight grade. He is sweeping the girls locker room and wishes he could have been a fly on the wall, when suddenly a gauziness settles over his vision, and he can all of a sudden see the girls from a couple hours earlier! Follow along as he developes his new ability!

Caution: This Erotic Sci-fi Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Fiction   Time Travel  

After getting back to my own time from my test with the mules, I took their packs off. I loaded them onto the trailer, stowed their gear, and drove out of the parking lot. I headed west. I was going to do a little gold mining!

What better place than Coloma, California? It was the home of the famous gold strike that started the great gold rush of 1849. It was actually 1848 that the gold was discovered, but it took some time for the information to percolate back to "civilization".

I took it easy, driving slowly, doing it in stages. I arrived at Placerville late in the morning of the third day out from K.C. I decided to get my supplies, there.

Armed with two weeks worth of food, I then drove to Coloma. It is located between Auburn and Placerville, and is the location of Sutter's Mill. I went to the James Marshall State Historical Park. That was a good place, with a lot of energy. I could walk with my mules, from there.

I unloaded my mules and put the packs on them. The first mule had my tent and all the equipment I was going to use. The second mule carried my food, and the grain for the two animals. While they ate grass, I was going to keep them fed well on grain, too.

I thought about Sutter and the fact that he had built his sawmill in a gold rich area. He built the sawmill so he could cut boards for his four stone flourmills. I shook my head. Seemed convoluted to me, but that was the way it was.

Marshall, who worked for Sutter, was all excited about finding gold. Sutter went up to the sawmill site to make sure. He then he asked his employees to keep quiet about this for six weeks. That was all he needed for his mill to be finished. Unfortunately, they kept quiet for only two weeks.

Ah well. Such was life. I was going back to about the same time as Sutter and Marshall. It would not surprise me to see those two gentlemen. I was just about ready. All I needed to do was change my clothes, and get into my authentic 1848 clothing. Then I had to get my weapons ready.

I had an authentic 1844 US Musket. It was fired with a percussion cap, and shot a 69-caliber ball. I had 100 balls, and wads, with two hundred caps. I had powder for it, and intended to shoot it while in the past.

Just for safety's sake, I had a much more modern set of weapons which would be out of sight. I had a semi-automatic carbine, and a 9mm Glock. They would be my back up, in case I needed some real firepower.

For my clothing, I chose to get a few different sets from a company called the Gentleman's Emporium. They had a range of authentic mid-1800's style clothing for those that were into that sort of thing; which I apparently was, come to think of it. They were able to dress me from the skin out. As for boots? I found another store that specialized in those as well. I had two sets of boots. I got plenty of socks and also a pocket watch from the Emporium. Altogether, I spent close to three hundred dollars outfitting myself.

I also had a hat. I got what was termed a 'coachman's hat'. Ok, it was definitely a better hat than most wore back then, but I had to have it to complete the effect. Everyone wore a hat back then, if they could afford it, and I could. It completed my look, and I felt quite dapper with it.

I had parked out of the way, mostly as far from everyone as I could. The place was fairly glowing with energy! Well, it had been visited for years by visitors, and the park let you pan for gold. I had all that hopeful energy to draw on. I drew and drew on that energy, storing it for future need. I was getting better with storing power, now.

It was a little more difficult going back in time, here, as it was hard to zero in on exactly 'when' I wanted to be. I finally got it, and with my mules' leads firmly in my hand, we stepped forward into the past.


It was my sixth day in the past, and I was having a blast. I had the advantage of knowing where the strikes were, and where the best panning and placer mining was going to be. While it took me a while to get there, I recognized the landmarks I was looking for, and set up my camp.

I had already panned several ounces of gold, found several largish nuggets, and was well pleased. I was surprised at how much I had gotten, already. I had just put up my panning equipment and was getting ready to chop some more wood for my fire, when I noticed both of the mules were staring off to the south.

I went over to where I had my musket, and eased back into the brush. While it did not provide much cover in the event of a firefight, it was damned good concealment. The mules looking to the south was a sure sign something was coming. They had very good hearing.

I wished I had my carbine handy, but it was packed away. I cursed myself silently for not having it ready for use. Sure enough, I soon saw a group of five horsemen riding at a walk towards my camp.

They noticed my tent, almost as soon as I saw the first rider rounding the hill to the south. They pulled up about thirty feet away.

"Hello the camp!" yelled one of the riders, hands cupped around his mouth.

No one had a rifle at the ready, so I stood up slowly, with my rifle cradled in my arms. It was their Indian guide who saw me first.

"Hello," I yelled back. "What can I do for you?" I asked curiously.

"We were headed for this place to spend the night. I see you found it already," the man who seemed to be their spokesman said.

"The more the merrier I always say. I have no objections to sharing my fire or camp," I replied politely.

They all pulled up and introductions were made. My new companions were Bill Mosby, Arthur Wright, Jesse Goodman, Tim Hutchins, and the Indian guide was Sunhawk. I introduced myself. They were on their way to Yerba Buena, which was San Francisco's name before the gold rush.

"Those are some mighty fine mules you got there, Tom," Bill told me after they unsaddled and started getting camp ready for supper. We all contributed to the meal, and I was glad not to cook. Oh, I can cook; it was just nice to have someone else doing it. I had trapped a rabbit earlier, and that went into the meal.

After supper, we talked a bit. Smoking cigarettes had not caught on yet. It had been made popular and had spread upward from Mexico. A couple pipes were brought out, and soon the smell of pipe tobacco was filling the air.

I made up a story of exploring the country, having a bit of wanderlust. These men had used up most of their supplies, which was why they were headed to the village. To think of San Francisco as a village, was an amazing thing! My salt and pepper were a big hit. Just a little thing, but to these men it was the spice of life!

 
There is more of this chapter...
Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.