Doorway into the past
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2005 by Alistair Acorn

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Trying to remove a cupboard a discovery was made of a portal from the 21st Century to the late 18th Century. Could this be where the last owner was shot? Charles decides to discover who the murderer of the last owner was and in doing finds a new partner.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Time Travel  

I kissed Urma goodbye while she lay in our bed, dressed ready to return the earlier period in time. I was looking forward to returning, as things were becoming more exciting.

I loaded five leather bags each weighing about seven kilo's each into the trap as well as a bag of oats for the horse. Before this I never thought there was that much gold around, Simon must have hoarded his share, but I was spending it for him.

On arrival at Lady Standford's, Joseph and another man I'd never met were there. The other man, also a Jew was directing a man who had his cap in both hands in front of him. I called Joseph over and showed him the five leather bags containing the coins, if they hadn't been in leather bags they would easily have split because of their weight.

"Joseph I would like you to deposit this money in an account made in my name. After you have paid off the debts I would like you to convert this money into gold bullion, then let me have it. I also have some more I want to convert to bullion. Can you do it? By the way what did the final amount of the debt owing come to?"

"Six hundred, I got a discount from two of the lenders because I paid in full. As for buying bullion I'll have the gold coins melted down, that way it will only be the cost of the casting, which is almost nothing."

"You have already paid off the debts?"

"I did it the day after the sale, I knew you would provide the funds, anyway I only gave them notes of credit. Now they have accounts with our bank, which will help us make even more money."

"I would never have thought of that?"

"You're obviously not a banker; we are doing quite well in the short time we have been trading, thanks to you."

I was glad I was on their side, and had made the right choice in going into business with them.

Without even entering the house I turned the horses head and headed for Kings Lynn, I had to see Gerald about a legal matter. I stabled my horse when I arrived and spent a restful night in an Inn. Rising early so I could catch him before he started his duties, I walked to the address given.

I knocked at the door and to my surprise Ann; Beatrice's daughter answered the door. When she saw me she put her hand to her mouth, I think because I had caught her here.

"Who is it Ann?" I heard Gerald call.

"Charles Forsyth is here," she replied blustery.

"Don't leave him standing at the door bring him in. Don't worry he knows about us and won't say anything believe me." I heard him say and then he was standing at her back.

"Why didn't you let us know you were coming? Where did you stay overnight, surely you never travelled all night?" He rattled off the questions. It was obvious he was glad to see me for he never stopped shaking my hand all the time he spoke.

"I stayed at an Inn just close by. I had to see you to ask your advice on something."

"Anything, I hope I can help."

"What is the law on Gaming Houses?"

"None that I know of, why Charles?"

"I was thinking of opening a Gaming House at Lady Standford's house, purely for gentlemen. Of course there will be extra services."

"Splendid, just what we need here, an organised Gaming House instead of them scattered all over the place. The extra services of course would have to be carefully chosen, no rough wenches, but well-bred young ladies. I may be able to help you there if you decide to go ahead."

"I was thinking of using house chips rather than money, that way I could take my ten per cent on all cash won."

"I've never come across that method, but I can see the advantages. Any chance of letting me in on this, I would appreciate it. Unfortunately I never gamble myself, but almost all the estate owners do and there are all the new factory owners who are rolling in money."

"I'm the same, only mugs gamble on cards and the roll of a dice. I was thinking of asking your mother to look after the extra services Ann, do you think she would?"

"If she got a percentage of the takings I'm almost certain she would jump at it."

"Right, I'll start making arrangements. It may take a few months, but that is what I'm aiming for."

"Just as well you called Charles; you are now the new Justice of the Peace for the Fakenham area. In addition, we have a quota for deporting to Van Diemon's Land of ten from this area; I need two from you by the end of next month. The sergeant will explain it to you. I have your scroll in my office. I would like you to go with me today and show you the workings of the Court."

"Have you by any chance heard of a Mr Montgomery, in the area Gerald?"

"Only the merchant in Fakenham, he is a slippery character, which the excise men suspect of smuggling in goods from France and the Low Lands."

"I must have a word with the excise men and see what they have to say."

One day wasn't enough and I spent two days watching the dregs of the area brought before one of Gerald's Justices of the Peace. Justice was swift I had to agree and not as harsh as I had expected. There were only three sentences he could hand down, pay the prosecutor if found guilty, deportation, or let free. In serious offences such as killing in a brawl with a weapon was only classed as manslaughter and the offender could plead clergy (but only once) have his thumb branded and then set free, hung or deported. There was no imprisonment as is known today. Prisons were only used to hold people awaiting trial. Imprisonment wasn't introduced until forty years in the future.

A petty offence such as stealing an item less than a shilling could result in a public whipping or the stocks. Anything stolen more than a shilling, you could be hung, flogged, deported, or given the choice of serving in the Army or Navy. Of course, if you were willing to pay you could be let off with a pardon.

I also spoke to the Senior Excise man of the district about our Mr Montgomery and we came to an understanding if I heard anything he would be notified. In addition he asked if I should catch any of the smugglers in the act to hold them and their bounty to hand over to an excise man.


On my way back I called in on Beatrice and told her what I had envisaged for her home. I honestly was expecting some resistance, but she was all in favour and eager to get started. I found that cards and die were the main two betting games locally, but I was determined to introduce other games, but slowly, slowly. When I explained about the way I was to use chips, she thought that an excellent. First, I had to get a message to Joseph or Isaac, as I needed an honest teller. The cards and dice I will get bulk, from a modern supplier, as I doubt they had the quantity I wanted here.

Events were now moving fast, but I still hadn't found out who had shot Simon, but I had suspicions and a reason. All I had to do was find the proof.


After stabling the horse and rubbing him down, I walked back to the house where Umra was waiting, I crept up the stairs and kissed her on the forehead. Before going upstairs, I had undressed and was standing in the nude. She opened her eyes, smiled, pushed back the bedclothes and I slid in beside her naked warm body.

"Oh I have missed you Charlie," she said kissing me repeatedly all over my face.

"I have missed you too sweetheart," I said grasping one of her lovely orbs in my hand and circling the large areoles at the same time.

"I'll give you twenty-four hours to stop doing that, but that isn't what I've been missing," she said slipping her hand down and grasping my cock in her hand.

"You are a wanton hussy, you know."

"Only for you darling I only want you." She said continuing kissing me.

Now it was darling not master, funny I felt the same way about her. I know we were going to get a lot of ridicule, but we didn't need to mix with anyone, if we had each other.

Our coupling was slow and gentle as we reached harmony in our bodies. It felt I was floating on a cloud as I climaxed and we lay wrapped in each other's arms.

The next morning I got on the internet and ordered one hundred packs of playing cards and a hundred dice packs with a week delivery date. Before Umra woke, I left my home and was approaching the stable where my horse was, when a shot rung out and I felt as though I had been kicked in the back. As I lay stunned on the ground, a horse and rider came round the side of the stable. Sitting in the saddle was a well-dressed, clean-shaven man of about fifty, who I hadn't seen before with a musket in the crook of his arm. My eyes were half shut with the pain in my back, but I had an excellent look at him.

"I thought I fixed up your partner Simon, now you come sniffing around my wife, well I've fixed you as well," he said looking at me as he rode down the laneway.

It took an effort to get up on my feet and I was glad that I had been wearing the body armour, but I never expected to feel so much pain when the ball hit me. As I was walking towards the house I heard another shot, but I was more concerned with my own pain to give it much thought. I stripped off the armour and lodged between my shirt and the armour was a lead ball over half an inch in diameter and flattened. The most annoying bit was I couldn't see what damage was done to my back except that it was very painful and there was a hole in my jacket and shirt.

The other two jackets I had were back in my own house, so I started walking back home, holding my back. All the way, I was cursing to myself vowing to get the bastard that bushwhacked me. Funny I being shot the same as Simon and he had admitted he was the one who had shot him. The only woman I had spoken to locally was Michelle Forester and she never said she was married. If it wasn't her husband then whose husband was it?

As I approached the ruins, I saw a white bundle lying on the grass near a tree, which was about twenty yards from the pillar stumps. As I got closer, I saw it was Umra lying there. Forgetting my pain I rushed to the inert body, but the back of her head was missing and a neat hole in her forehead. The bastard had shot Umra, knowing she was the slave of Simon's, or was it I had told Michelle she was a free woman. The one person I had to see was Michelle, for she was too involved in this to be innocent.

I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my cheek. Why did she follow me, for that is the only explanation why she was out here? I should have put a lock on the door to the small room, but it was too late now. I went into the house and returned with a spade and under the tree I dug a grave and placed her in it. Later I will get a headstone to mark the spot and a stake where I am going to spike the head of the bastard that killed her and any others who were involved. I made this promise as I stood over her grave. Umra was the one good thing that had happened to me and I will avenge her.

I could just as easily have gone into my house, boarded up the cupboard and forgot about everything. I had hardened my resolve and was determined now to inflict as much pain on anyone involved with the person who had killed Umra, Simon and shot me, for I am certain it was the same person.

I changed waistcoat, shirt and jacket, returned to the stable and then drove into town straight to Michelle Forester. I never even knocked, but barged right in, catching her as she emerged from one of the rooms. I put out my hand, grabbed her around the throat, and pushed her hard against the wall, lifting her feet off the floor.

"Your husband gave me a call, shot me in the back and killed Umra. Now tell me where he is, or by hell you will be dead within the hour."

"I have no husband, I'm not married," she chocked the words out.

"Don't lie to me, you are the only woman I've talked to in this town and he said I was sniffing around as Simon did."

"Only Mrs Montomery has been here?"

"When?"

"The day you were here, she called just after you left and then yesterday, asking if I had seen you yet."

I lowered her to the ground and released my hand; she rubbed her neck and stared at me in fear, for I must have seemed huge, with anger in my eyes.

"I'm sorry about your black woman, but I had nothing to do with it."

I described the man I had seen on the horse to her.

"That was Mr Montgomery the trader," Michelle replied.

"Look I'm very sorry for accusing you; somehow I thought you were implemented for some reason or other. There must be someway I can say I'm sorry for causing you pain."

She walked over, closed the door, walked back, and stood in front of me. "There is, but I doubt you would even consider it, I being an ex-brothel keeper."

"What is that Michelle?"

"Take me as your woman; let me turn this house into a brothel. We could make a lot of money if we had the right girls; I know how to pick the good ones, the ones that are clean."

"Funny I had been thinking about the brothel bit, but was wondering if you would be interested in returning to your old ways."

"I have never lifted my skirts to any man who has walked through a brothel's doors as a customer. No madam could ever do that and keep the girls in line. Speaking of keeping the girls in line, two strong men who don't want to keep tasting the goods would also be handy in case of trouble. In addition, you being the Justice of the Peace will keep many of the rough ones quiet. As a safeguard we should also join the traders association to pay for convicting any that needs convicting."

"So this town has a Trader's Association?"

"Of course, we have to convict some thieves or they would rob the traders blind for they know as individuals they are loath to waste time and money taking the perpetrator before the bench."

"You really have given this much thought?"

"Simon wouldn't hear of running a brothel, but I run a respectable house in Norwich where gentry visited, not the common riffraff."

"All right, you go ahead you know more about it than I do."

"You haven't answered my first question?"

"You don't know anything about me?"

"Enough to know that you will come to my defence if I look after you right."

"I move around a fair bit, but when I'm in this town, you will be my woman, but if I hear you have dropped your knickers to another man, your out."

"Knickers, what are they?" She asked.

"Your undergarments, pantaloons!"

"I've never heard them called knickers before," she said with a smile on her face.

"Now I have to find Mr Montgomery, we have something to sort out."

"Leave it for tonight, put your horse in the stable at the back and dine with me."

"Thank you I will, for I have had a trying day and need the rest."

I retired early, slept like a log, waking at first light and made my way to Mr Brian Montgomery's house, hoping to catch him before he could leave.

The housekeeper, an elderly pleasant speaking woman of the Montgomery's house answered the door when I called.

"How can I help you sir?"

"I'm Charles Forsyth, I would like to speak to Mr Brian Montgomery," I asked without saying please.

"Mr Montgomery left for Europe last evening, but Mrs. Montgomery will receive you if you will wait in the lounge." She said opening the door wider and showing me into a comfortable room.

I waited half an hour, I noticed in this time people were prepared to wait longer than they would have in my time, for someone to attend them. The first I knew someone was coming was the swish of a woman's dress. Into the room came a tallish thin young woman no more than in her early twenties. Surely, this was not the wife of the elderly man who shot me?

"I'm Mrs Montgomery can I be of help; I believe you wished to speak with my husband. I'm sorry he is out of the country on business."

"No it's your husband I want to talk to. I believe you were a friend of Simon DeFray?"

"You're that Charles Forsyth, Michelle says you are the new Justice for this town. Surely that can't be so."

"Were you a friend of Simon's and why can't I be the Justice?"

"Well Simon and Brian, my husband was in business together." She said, then must have realised she had said enough and stopped speaking.

"Why did your husband shoot Simon, I must know?"

"We were lovers and Brian found out. Simon only did what I asked, it was not his fault, it was mine. We had no idea what happened to Simon, when we went to the spot where he was shot he wasn't there. My husband has been afraid he would return; now he always travels with two men protecting him. When I told him a friend of Simon's had turned up at Simon's home he almost panicked." She said with tears running down her face and dripping on to her starched lace ruff.

"What do you mean what you asked him to do?"

"I'm sorry I can't tell you."

"I'll find out and come back and see you. I think you are as much to blame as your husband is," I said storming out of the house back to Michelle's home.

Michelle was eating her breakfast when I arrived back. I sat down and joined her with a tea and toast.

"I've been over to the Montgomery's house and Brian isn't there. His wife tells me Simon and Brian was in business together, what business?"

"Smuggling, Simon introduced Brian into trading smuggled goods. They were as thick as thieves," she said then laughed at her own joke.

"She also said Simon done what she asked him to do and that they were also lovers. If Brian and Simon were that thick why did Brian shoot him?"

"Frances likes men, sometimes two at once, Simon and a couple of his friends obliged. I doubt if her husband knew about the other men, but he is jealous of any man who goes near his wife. I think she threw Simon in her husband's face. I may be wrong, but that is what I suspect," Michelle answered.

"If she is that desperate she would make a good edition to your new venture. By the way how is that getting on, but that is silly me asking, for I only talked to you last night?" I asked.

"She is a bit thin, but think what I could charge if she worked here, if only for a couple of days a week. As for the other, I had a feeling you were thinking along those lines. I have eight girls already, I have had to scrub them from head to foot for the last couple of days to get the dirt and grim out of their bodies. All my girls were clean and well-mannered, as these will be before I let them work for me. I will open the doors when I feel they are ready. I paid them two silver shillings each, which is more than they would have earned in two weeks. If necessary I will give them it again, but I know I will reap more than I have paid them."

"You know best, I'll leave it all to you. We split the profit sixty forty, that all right?"

"What do you mean sixty forty?"

"Sixty per cent is yours, forty per cent is mine."

"But that means I will get more than you and this is your house."

"No the split is after all the expenses are paid for and that is the way I want it. Maybe one day you can buy me out, then the house and business will be yours."

She got up from the table and came round to where I was sitting and sat on my knee and kissed me full on the lips. "Thank you Charlie, but I would rather have you around and remember I am your woman in this town. I too get jealous and I only have one man at a time," she said laughing.

How she managed to sit on my knee with the yards of cloth and the hoops to make her hips look so wide that made up her dress I will never know. One other thing she hadn't the sour sweet smell of sweat, which Grace and Beatrice had. Michelle washed herself all over and bathed daily, which was rare in these times. Bathing was a thing very few people did on a daily, monthly or even yearly basis.

Now I knew what Simon had done for Francis. It also appeared that Simon had other friends who he could call on to joined in his romps with Francis I wonder who they were.

I sat in Michelle's study and spent the day writing first to Gerald, then Isaac and Joseph. Gerald telling him I would take up his offer of a partnership, but as a fifty/fifty equal and he would have to match my input. As for the extra entertainment he offered to enquire about I told him to go ahead, but advise Beatrice for arrangements of accommodation. I have no doubt that Gerald will be a very influential partner.

I explained in detail to Joseph what I wanted and left it to him to arrange it and to withdraw any funds he needed from my account. It may have been only two letters but it took me most of the day. I had to get used to writing with a goose quill pen that kept running out of ink. I don't care whether it will be advisable but I'm bringing back a fountain pen the next time I return home. Michelle arranged a rider to deliver the letters, when the rider saw one was for the Sheriff of the County, he almost went white.

"Don't worry he won't bite you. If he gives me a good report you may be in for a lot more deliveries from me to him." I told him.

"Why is that sir?" He asked.

"I am the Sheriff's representative in this area, the new Justice of the Peace."

"Don't worry sir; your letters will be safe with me. I would very much like to be a King's messenger." He said saluting me with the clenched fist of the right-hand to the forehead.

After sending the letters, I returned to the house and stable, gave the horse a good rub down and feed. I was getting good at doing this, but I had to get someone else to do it for it was very time-consuming work caring for a horse. It wasn't like a car where you just switch it off and park it in the garage.

Returning to the house I collected all remaining money including the two bags buried in the field, the two guns, ammunition and carried the lot back to my house. I stopped at the grave of Umra and thought what a waste, but I will have my revenge so she can rest in peace. I was leaving nothing around so it could be used against me, for I'm sure Brian Montgomery will try again when he hears I'm still around.

After changing and preparing a meal for myself, I got down to cleaning the Lee Enfield, but I wanted it checked out by my gunsmith friend. I also needed to buy a good pair of binoculars and something I could see at night with. I know he had these items in his shop and I would take his advice.

Once again changed into my jeans and pullover I drive to the public house where my gunsmith visits. The annoying thing I don't know his name, but I do know where his home is. He wasn't in the public house so I walked round to his house and walked to the shed at the back where I saw a light on.

He came outside when I knocked, but quickly shut the door behind him.

"Can you come back in half an hour, I have a special guest."

"Sure, see you then." What else could I say; this is after all his house. So I wandered back to the pub, but on the way I met an elderly small woman pushing a shopping trolley with two suitcases in it. She wasn't dressed like a tramp, but she was crying as she pushed the trolley rubbing her eyes with the sleeve of her coat.

"Why are you crying, are you lost or something?" I asked as I stopped in front of her.

"No my son-in law threw me out. He has been a different man since my daughter died. I have nowhere to stay now after giving up my little house on my daughter's insistence."

I don't know how old the daughter must be for the old woman was at least in her fifties. I have no idea why I said it, but it came out of my mouth without thinking. "You come with me I have a place for you. Come let's put your cases in my car and we will go for a drink. I have an appointment in half an hour then I'll take you home with me."

"You don't know me, why are you doing this?" She asked holding on to her trolley preventing me taking it.

"Please yourself, I made the offer of a clean warm bed if you don't want it then that is your choice." I replied releasing my hold on the trolley.

"I'm sorry; you are so kind, where else can I go?"

"Give it a try for tonight and we will take it from there," I told her.

She didn't want a drink, but said she would be happy just sitting in the car while I did what I had to do.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.