The Return - Cover

The Return

Copyright© 2005 by Alistair Acorn

Chapter 7: Going back once again

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 7: Going back once again - Chally decides he will investigate the mysterious disappearances in various towns. This takes him back to various times in the past to rescue the missing people.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Time Travel  

During the following months my baby daughter was born, so now young Charlie had a playmate and someone who would keep him in check.

Marjorie and Carol weren't very pleased that I intended to once again return to try to find the people who had passed through the first portal. I had under three months actually 82 days, from the time I returned to prepare for this journey. I knew that I couldn't get any vehicle of any size under the railway bridge so this time I was going on foot.

Arrangements were made with a friend of Marjorie's who was going to Singapore, to buy some pure gold. The 24 carat type which was unavailable here, since the highest one could buy was 22 carat. 24 carat gold was bought over the counter in Singapore, so to save going to black market dealers Marjorie, suggested this method. I was going to take gold to buy the things I needed, like food, as I would be unable to carry much.

Marjorie's gunsmith was asked if he could make me sound suppressors. I wanted them for both the hand gun and the rifle. But as the gunsmith explained, the barrel of the 9mm was too short, but he could supply a longer barrel and fit the suppressor in to that. He only took three days to produce these items.

The suppressors that were made for my weapons were beyond my greatest expectations. I have used noise suppressors in the past, but nothing as quiet as these. When I tested them out, Bruce (Marjorie's handyman) had been in the old stables and I had fired outside, on Marjorie's Clay Pigeon range and he hadn't heard a thing. The range of the pistol had increased too and with the new barrel the accuracy was a lot better.

Sure to her word, the woman visiting Singapore had come up with about five thousand dollars worth of pure gold minibars, which were hidden in my belt and weighed under a pound.

I carried a seven-day ration pack distributed in my pack, as well as my sleeping-bag and a small tent, all camouflaged. I only took one change of clothing, so I would have to wash one, wear one routine. The pack wasn't a problem and not as large as had expected.

In the early hours of the morning, before the shimmering was due to appear at the first location, Marjorie, Joan and myself drove to the small town. We went right to the location and the two of them watched as I walked to the position I had seen the shimmering, I looked round and the pair of them had tears running down their cheeks.

"Come on, I'll be all right, see you here in 92 days, don't be late." Just then the shimmering appeared and I stepped through, not into a forest but in the middle of a stream, in a meadow. Just as well I hadn't brought a vehicle, for I would have been unable to get out of this trench.

The stream was quite shallow and only came up to my calves, but it was a shock landing in the stream from firm dry ground. There was a bank about two feet high either side of the stream which in itself was six feet wide. I looked around closely, so I would recognise the exact spot that I had to return to in ninety-two days. There was a large boulder just to my right with a young chestnut tree growing out the back. I climbed up the bank and stood on the edge, making sure that I would remember exactly the spot. Once it was firmly implanted in my mind, I looked around the meadow lifting my gaze to take in the surrounding area.

To the south-east was definitely habitation, as I could see smoke rising from a house which appeared from here to be at the edge of a wood, in the meadow were cattle grazing. There was no point in just pussyfooting around, so I walked to-wards the house. Passing the cattle as I went, who ignored me completely, showing they were used to people and well domesticated.

The house appeared to be similar to the ones I knew, but as I got closer, I saw there were significant changes. The walls were of stout timber and the roof was thatched. There was a door made of planked wood and the windows had shutters, two closed and one opened out on leather hinges. So I haven't landed in the same time period, this is a little later than the time I was thrown back, but I think earlier than I had been recently, but by how much I have no idea so far.

As I approached the house two people emerged, one woman and a man, both wore plaid clothing. The woman in a long dress and barefooted, the man had some sort of trousers on, with a plaid long shirt, down to just above the knees, with a leather belt around his middle. On his feet he wore leather sandals laced up his calves.

"Who are you; you are not from this land of Albion." He asked in a variant of the Gaelic that I didn't know, but I had no difficulty understanding, the infractions were slightly different but quite understandable. He used the old Celt name 'y wen yays' which means The White Island or (Albion as the Romans Latinised it).

"No! I am a stranger and I am looking for strangers like myself, who have become lost in this land. Have you see or heard of any such strangers?"

"There is a stranger who lives within the woods, who is strange and not of our people, she arrived I think two cycles ago, but she does not speak our language. She was banned to the forest, for we think she is a witch. Why is it that you can speak our language, even though you speak the language of the old ones that she does not?"

"It is a long story, not everyone from my land speaks the same language."

Even though neither of them has said anything I observed that they were looking at the way I was dressed and at my rifle.

"The Lord of the land is taking all able-bodied men for war (against Cornwall) on the orders from the King. If they see you they will force you into service, I am excused since I look after the Lords cattle."

"Please direct me to where the stranger lives and I will be on my way?"

"If you follow the path by the large oak tree, it will pass by the clearing where she lives," he said pointing towards the large tree.

It seems it's going to be easier than I thought, if indeed this person is who I think it is.

In half an hour I was at the cottage and it seemed well cared for, with hens running all round the area scratching. Also there were two goats in a penned grassy area attached to the cottage, which was of the same style as the couple I had previously met.

"Oh my God, are you for real?" A female voice said from the side of the house in modern-day English.

"I'm as real as I'll ever be and who would you be?"

"I'm Claire, I landed up here over two years ago, I don't know yet what happened, but it has been hell."

"I've come to take you back home Claire."

"How can that be, how did you know where to find me?"

"I was once in the same situation as you. Can we go into the house; it's a bit awkward standing here in the middle of the yard talking like this?"

"Do you know that everyone is banned from coming here, anyone found near here is to be punished?"

"We will come to that when the time comes, let us go inside."

Claire looked a mess, I could see that she had tried her best to keep herself tidy, but was running a loosing battle. The inside of her house was at least tidy and I could see that she had tried to improve her living standard above that of the people of this time.

I had no longer taken off my gear and was about to sit down when angry voices shouted from the outside. I picked up the rifle and undid the strap on the pistol, which now did not have the noise suppressor attached. I indicated Claire to stay inside and I went to the door.

Three armed soldiers, for a better word for them and the man I had met this morning were standing on the path. The man I had spoken to was pointing at me and saying something to one of the soldiers.

"No-one must go near this woman, who are you, you are not dressed as one of this land?" One of the soldiers asked.

"I am from the woman's land and I have come to take her home."

Just then the soldier standing by the cattle owner raised his spear as if to throw it.

"Please tell that man to put down that spear or I will have to kill him," I said to the one I assumed was in charge.

All three of them started laughing. "With what that puny metal rod you have on your shoulder?"

"No with this!" I said tapping my pistol holster.

This brought about another round of laughter, with the cattle owner joining in. The soldier drew back his arm ready to throw, so I drew my pistol and shot him in the chest. He was thrown back by the impact of the bullet and I could see blood coming from his upper left chest. So it wasn't a fatal wound, I had pulled up high and left, I must remember that.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.