Journey into the Past
Chapter 3: Getting Settled in

Copyright© 2005 by Alistair Acorn

On returning I chose the big van to check out, this was one of the vehicles that hadn't been here too long and had no-one in the cab. I went to the back; opened the big double doors; found it was half full of furniture and other domestic items. It looked like someone had been moving house. There were items here that were of no use to us, whitegoods and several electrical goods like a television set. There was a trolley in the back, which would come in handy. But again the van was in the wrong place.

Getting into the cab and tried the engine and it started, but I saw the gauge showed empty. I knew that no tank is ever really empty and hoped it had enough fuel for me to move it to the edge of the clearing nearest to the stream. The batteries barely turned the engine but it fired and ran rough, I put it in reverse and the engine spluttered and coughed but it took me the 50 yards I wanted to move it, before the engine finally died.

Going to the rear I threw all the useless items out the back. I was left with a dresser, bed, wardrobe, table and four chairs and about twenty cardboard boxes. If I have to stay here, I decided to make up the back of the van like a bedroom; at least one would be out of the weather and have some comfort. So I set about making up the bed, it looked like a Queen size and set up the dresser, I even attached the mirror. I opened about six boxes before I found the bedding, or at least a quilt and pillows.

It was getting dark and I needed to get something inside me, as I was starving. Before I got down off the back of the truck, I knocked out the small window into the cab, for when the rear doors were closed there would be little ventilation. There were these little slot vents you normally see in covered vans, but I felt that they would be inadequate, when using the space to live in.

Dry wood was collected from broken branches for example. In this Jane gave me a hand. I would have to find more clothes for her, as I am sure she must be feeling the cold with just a thin dress on. Once the fire was going I sat her close by it to keep warm, while I prepared a meal. I found a couple of steaks packs and placed them in the hot water I had heating in the large pan, which had found in the van. Put a handful of rice in one of the other pans, I had also found in the van as well as water, remembering the old rule, one and a half the volume of water to one part rice. Put on a kettle with water to make the tea.

While this was heating up etc, I moved all my gear into the back of the van, placed a round in the rifle chamber and placed it by the door of the van within easy reach.

The only explanation I can give for me landing in this place, is that somehow we had passed through a time warp of sorts and landed here in the past, or was it the future? It hadn't affected my watch it was still keeping time. It must be a stationary thing to account for the other vehicles being here. Judging from the ages of the vehicles, it has been happening for at least the last 20 years. This time span is about the age of the motorway. Maybe this has been here all along, but has only become apparent once the road was opened. So if that is the case is it a two-way portal? How often does it occur, when does it occur, all these questions were going through my mind. Will I be able to tell and will I be able to pass back to my own time. This is what I will have to watch for and note any strange happenings. Meantime I will have to make do the best I can.

Once all the food was cooked, I put them into the mess tins and indicated Jane to follow me up into the back of the van. I placed the food on the table and took a seat. I had forgotten that she had not seen in the back of the van before this, she just stood there gazing at all the strange furniture. I got up, took her hand, sat her on the chair and signalled her to eat. It looked nice and cosy with the light from the fire but it didn't light up the front of the van.

I thought in the morrow, I was going to unpack the other boxes to look for plates etc and find some way to rig up some lights.

Jane took a while to taste the rice, as I am sure she had never eaten it before. I am sure she was as hungry as I. After the scant meal I washed the mess tins and made the tea. At least she liked that and didn't burn herself like the first time.

Jane got down off the van and disappeared into the bushes, I suppose like me, she had to relieve herself. I took this opportunity to go behind a tree and do likewise. That was another thing that had to be erected, a toilet. I had the spade so I had the tools to dig a hole, it was just something to sit on I needed. That would be on my urgent to-do lists.

I put out the fire and lit my small torch, which wouldn't last long, but would be handy for now, until I could rig up some lighting somehow. Jane came back and I indicated for her to get up in the back of the van. I got in and pulled the doors shut, with the beam from the torch was able to place the flat metal bar through the two locking rods to keep the doors shut. I took out my pistol and placed it on the drawers, which were part of the headboard of the bed and then started to undress, down to my shorts.

Jane just stood there, I signalled that she should get into the bed also and without any more ado, she stripped off her dress and panties. She was fascinated by the bed and came and felt the mattress (I must admit it was a nice soft one). She climbed into the bed without much fuss; in her past life the whole family must have shared the same bed, as I had seen only the one area with the furs in her old home.

Jane kept herself well over to her side of the bed, as far away from me as she could get and I was quite content to let her. She had gone through quite an ordeal in the past few days. In addition must be feeling strange, in a bed with someone who dresses different from what she is used to, and losing her family. Anyway, I switched off the torch and layback to enjoy at least a comfortable bed.

Just then the rain started and it beat down hard on the roof of the van and sounded as though it would come right through. Bang! Crash! A clap of thunder sounded, which seemed to be right above us. On hearing this I suddenly felt Jane up tight against me, with her right breast pressing against my chest, her whole body shaking like a leaf and she was gibbering again in what language I do not know.

Now feeling a warm female body against mine was surely putting a strain on my will-power, but this woman had been through much pain and suffering in the past few days so I just held her close. It seemed so natural for her to be by my side. In no time at all I dropped off to sleep with the rain beating on the roof and Jane now fast asleep and making little meowing noises in her sleep.

I woke up and saw her staring at my face, I couldn't help it I just closed my hands either side of her face, brought it up to mine and planted a kiss right on her lips. That was the first time that we had done this and wasn't sure what type of a reaction I would get, but I needn't have worried, she gave me one right back.

All good things must end, so I got up put my trousers on, tucked the pistol in my waistband, slung the rifle over my shoulder, grabbed the toilet bag and made for the stream.

Before I got there I got behind a tree and relieved myself.

Within about five minutes Jane joined me, with her dress on and carrying the towel I had given her. The temperature would have been about 5 degree Celsius and all she had on was the dress.

In my toilet bag I had two toothbrushes, so I gave one to Jane with toothpaste on it, and showed her how to use it. She knew how to use the brush; it was the toothpaste that was the problem, for she had swallowed the first lot and made a funny face. I showed her how to spit it out and rinse afterwards. She soon cottoned on and made a good job of it. I also shared the soap with her.

As I was cold shaving I heard a splash, I saw her in the cold water having a good lather up all over, paying particular attention to her privates.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.