Car 54
Chapter 35: Steep Grade - Slower Traffic Keep Right

Copyright© 2005 by dotB

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 35: Steep Grade - Slower Traffic Keep Right - 'Car 54' is a road trip down memory lane with highs, lows, curves, detours, bumps and potholes. There are sunny days, stormy weather, bucking broncs, stock cars, love, angst, sports, farm life, car racing, arguing, fighting, as well as a near death experience or two. Read the story of a friendly guy and his family as he learns to handle love, life, and a dirt track stock car. Oh, it's not a stroke story, it's a convoluted romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Teenagers   Romantic   NonConsensual   Drunk/Drugged   Slow  

Tom and I were relaxing, thinking that the last of the crowd had left when we heard what seemed to be a young girl’s voice behind us.

“Hey mister, can we get autographs too?”

When we turned, it was Jess and Jean along with Carissa and Sandy. Behind them stood Frank and Jennifer Dolens, John and Wilma Coulter, as well as Sam and Ann McAdam and along with them, Sandy’s cousin, Jackie.

I didn’t mind seeing the rest of them there, but Frank Dolens was the last person I wanted to see right then. After what I’d done to the new paint on the right-hand side of the car by banging and grinding it against Gary Wagner’s car, I was certain he’d be annoyed. I think he caught my somewhat chagrined look though, because he broke into a grin.

“In case you’re wondering, I’m not one bit worried about that paint. That can be redone,” he said right away. “Actually when the guy in car 19 started to weave around, trying to intimidate you, I was a bit worried, but then you went right after him like a terrier after a rat. I was rooting for you.”

“Rooting for him? Dear, you were jumping up and down, screaming like a twelve-year-old,” Jennifer Dolens laughingly teased him. “I haven’t seen you that excited since we had a race horse that could actually run fast enough to have a chance of winning a race.”

“Well, Frank might have liked it, but my heart was in my mouth,” Wilma Coulter broke in. “I’m glad your mother wasn’t here. She’d have had a fit.”

“Oh no she wouldn’t,” Sam McAdam spoke up. “Liz would have been hollering right along with Frank. I’ve known her since she was about Chris’s age and I can guarantee that the only time she’d let anyone push her around would be if she wanted to be pushed. I think she’d have rooted Chris on just like the rest of us did.”

I noticed Ann McAdam look at him thoughtfully as he was talking, then saw her glance at me with a slight frown that instantly disappeared. I knew she’d caught his reference to Mom not letting others push her. It was a good thing Frank wasn’t unhappy because I could let my grin surface. If all these folks were happy and had enjoyed themselves, I was willing to let them know I was happy too. I’d let them think I was grinning about the race, but really I was grinning about the fact that Ann McAdam might be having second thoughts about Mom being a pushover for her suggestions. That’s when I caught Wilma Coulter winking at me and I almost broke into laughter because I knew she’d caught the byplay as well.

Luckily for me Jerry Dolens drove up just then with the tow truck and low-deck trailer, so we had to load the car. Then Wil and Corinna showed up to take his truck. That left no excuse for the rest of us to stand around the infield, instead we all started back toward the cars. On the way up the hill, the Dolens, Coulters and McAdams, as well as Tom and the ‘J’ twins, headed for one parking lot, while Sandy, Carissa, Jackie and I headed for the other.

When I looked questioningly at Jackie, Carissa laughed. “Jackie doesn’t get along very well with her aunt, so I offered her a ride.”

“Well, I did wonder a bit about what was going on,” I grinned.

“Oh, oh, oh. Before I forget, Beth said she didn’t get a chance to talk to you before she left, so she gave me a note to give to you. The stinker even sealed it in an envelope, as if I’d want to read your mail,” Carissa sniffed exaggeratedly, handing me an envelope.

On the front of the envelope, was my name, but when I flipped it over, I broke into laughter. From one side to the other, right over the joints of the glued down envelope flap, Beth had written a warning: “This note is for Chris’s eyes only, no one else. This ink isn’t waterproof, so it will smudge if the envelope is steamed. So, S & C, keep your noses clean and your hands off!! Beth.

“I’ll walk with these two, so you can read it,” Sandy offered, stepping away.

Then she steered Carissa and Jackie away from me before I could even think about protesting. I wandered over to one of the lights at the edge of the roadway and tore open the envelope.

Hi Chris.

Just a couple of things I thought you should know.

First, George and I had a long talk last night. We’re not engaged, but he has given me a promise ring and I haven’t even told Mom, so mum is the word. On top of that, although I love the ranch, it’s just too isolated. I want to live closer to town and on a decent road, even if it’s just down near Mom and Dad. George feels the same way, so although I may become half owner of the ranch along with you and will support what you do as much as I can, I don’t think I want to live up there, at least not for now.

Second, I hope you realize that Carissa is developing a thing for Jackie. I can see it in her eyes. I always wondered about her and the way she acted with other girls at school. When she moved in with you, I thought I might have been wrong, but the way the two of them are acting today leaves me with no doubt. Sorry to load you down with my suspicions, especially in a letter, but I just couldn’t get you alone to talk to you today.

love ya,
Beth.

I just shook my head and sighed. Beth meant well. However, there was nothing in that note that I hadn’t already guessed. After talking to Mom and Dad about Beth and George I was expecting the news about her and the ranch. I could handle that part of the news. It wasn’t a surprise at all. Then too, I’d seen the way Carissa and Jackie had acted at the barbeque. The biggest clue had come while talking to Jackie for a few minutes, that’s when I’d become certain that she’d be a major temptation for Carissa. The strange thing was that I wasn’t really all that upset about that development either. Strangely I was more worried about not being upset about the idea that Carissa might leave me for a woman than anything else.

I leaned against the lamppost and thought about it for a moment or two, wondering why I didn’t feel more upset than I did. Perhaps I didn’t feel as deeply for Carissa as I’d thought? Maybe I’d begun to separate myself from her already, perhaps from the time she’d explained her feelings about women. For a short time I even wondered if I’d been taking advantage of her, but then I remembered that she’d been the one who had chased after me. I knew I hadn’t coerced her. She’d been quite willing to spend time with me. That still didn’t answer the question of why I was certain I wouldn’t be upset if she moved on to become someone else’s lover. Was I that fickle? Was the idea of being involved with Sandy easing my worries?

With another deep sigh, I decided that standing on the edge of a roadway wasn’t going to help me think, so I pushed away from the lamppost and headed for my car.

When I walked out into the parking lot where my car was parked, it was almost empty. Sandy was leaned against the door of the car while Carissa and Jackie were keeping her company, sitting in Carissa’s Jeep. To my surprise as soon as I got close, they took off, waving and tooting the horn.

“What the hell?” I said as I stared after them. “I didn’t even get a goodnight hug and kiss from Carissa.”

“Why should she? You’ll see her later,” Sandy laughed. “The way she drives, she’ll probably have a cup of coffee ready and waiting for you when we get home.”

“Oh,” I unlocked the door and opened it to let her get in.

“Oh, you dummy,” she snorted, kissing me on the cheek as she slipped past me and into the car, pulling the door closed behind her.

“So why am I a dummy?” I asked, after walking around the car and getting in.

“I dunno, probably because I think you expect Carissa to throw you over for Jackie,” Sandy chuckled. “Ain’t gonna happen, buddy, at least not on this short notice.”

“Huh?” I grunted, not understanding why Sandy thought that.

“Carissa isn’t about to toss you back over a brief infatuation and that’s all Jackie is, at least for now,” she answered. “Strangely, I got the feeling Jackie was envious, not of you or Carissa, but of me. I think Jackie likes you enough that she’s jealous of me and that’s really weird.”

I didn’t answer because I was concentrating on the traffic we’d come up behind. That was the trouble with leaving the track after the races; everyone else wanted to hurry home then. After a moment or two at a snail’s pace, I sighed resolutely.

“Well, Carissa isn’t going to get far ahead of us in this mess,” I snorted.

“No, but when she hits a clear stretch of road, she’ll make up for lost time. She drives almost the same way on the road as you do on the track; safely, but as fast as conditions allow.”

“I’ve never noticed that.”

“That’s because she prefers you to drive when you’re along, haven’t you noticed?”

“Not really,” I frowned as I thought about it.

“Well, she does. She knows you prefer to drive, so she defers to you. In fact, she gives way to you in most things, which is rather strange, because at school I always thought she was pushy.”

“Well, she says that I have a dominant personality and that I convince people to do things my way all the time.”

“Maybe, you do, but I wouldn’t notice it if you did,” Sandy shrugged her shoulders. “I really don’t argue much about what other people want. I guess Mom raised me to be agreeable with others, especially men.”

Just then the traffic started to move and I couldn’t comment, instead I was concentrating on the nuts on the road. By the time I was clear of the congestion and able to glance over at Sandy, she looked like she was dozing.

“Sandy?” I asked, but she didn’t answer.

Instead of awakening her, I spent the rest of the drive home quietly thinking. Once more I was puzzled about my feelings and about the actions of the people in my life.

As I drove into the yard at the ranch, Sandy awakened and stretched. When George and Beth had left, they must have switched on the porch light on the cabin, but that was the only light we could see.

“Gee, I thought Carissa would have beaten us here,” she frowned.

“I guess not,” I answered. “I thought you were asleep.”

“Umm, I dozed, but I woke as we crossed the bridge. Something about the sound as we drive across it disturbs me, but I can’t think of why.”

“Huh, that’s funny,” I frowned. “It is safe. We checked all the support timbers earlier this year.”

“I don’t know what it is,” she sighed and stretched as I pulled to a stop. “I don’t think it’s important or anything. I don’t really feel unsafe or anything, just kinda eery, if you know what I mean.”

“No, if I feel something like that it worries me, I try to find out why I feel that way, then I usually do something about it.”

“Like at the track today, huh?” she chuckled as she hopped out of the car. “It was funny watching from the stands as you pulled across the track and into the pits. Right away, people started crowding around you and your car. Carissa was trying to explain what was going on, but she was upset by the way those visiting drivers were hogging the track.”

“Well, I was worried about those guys too, but not because they were on the track.”

“Hey, Carissa figured that out. Especially when you and Tom hopped up and sat on the hood of the car. Then, when everyone else did too, she was crowing about your leadership qualities, going on and on about that. Then the accident happened. That scared me and Carissa kept trying to me calm down, telling me that it was an accident and a stupid mistake by the second driver.”

“Well, I don’t know if I’d say that it was anyone’s fault. Those cars weren’t meant to race on dirt track, but the drivers in them were safe enough,” I shrugged. “All that worried me was the fact that the one car was upside down and underneath the other one. When I see a car accident, I always worry a bit about fire, but today, I got really worried about it. On top of everything else, that accident should never have happened.”

“Mr. Dolens said something about that to Dad. He said those cars should never have been on the track without changes and modifications being made to make them safer on that track.”

We were in the cabin by then and she headed for the sink with the coffee pot.

“You did want a coffee, didn’t you?” she asked, holding out the empty pot. “I’d like one. After dozing off in the car, I’m not really sleepy, so I want to talk for a while.”

“Yeah, I don’t think I can sleep yet either. Driving home doesn’t burn off the race fever. I’m still a bit wound up,” I nodded. “I think I could use a drink of something, but perhaps coffee isn’t the best choice. It doesn’t bother me, but doesn’t it keep you awake?”

“Oh, don’t worry about that,” she laughed. “After watching you smash and bash around that track, sleep isn’t what I had in mind to occupy us after we get to bed. Besides, since Carissa and Jackie aren’t here, I’ve got you all to myself.”

“Carissa and Jackie? What do you mean? Did you expect Jackie to stay here too?” I frowned at her.

“Well, yeah,” she looked surprised. “Didn’t she tell you? That’s why she came out here to see me, that and to meet you and Carissa. Her dad is my uncle, the one who owns the duplex.”

“Oh boy,” I sighed. “Umm, did she talk to you and Carissa about her likes and dislikes.”

“Not really, why?”

“Oh shit!” I snorted. “It’s not my place to say anything, but I think she’s something like Carissa is, about guys anyway.”

“Oh, that!” Sandy broke into laughter. “She didn’t have to say anything about that. I’ve known about that for years. Well, I’ve known for at least a year or two and I suspected it even before that. The funny thing is that she’s like Carissa more than I thought. She thinks you’re the neatest guy that she’s ever met.”

“Oh great,” I rolled my eyes and tried rather weakly to laugh. “What the heck am I going to do in a house with three women?”

“Actually, I think she’s a great safety valve,” Sandy reached for the coffee pot as it gave a last splutter, pouring two mugs. “I think she and Carissa are going to be spending a lot of time together.”

I took the mug she handed to me and headed out onto the porch, my mind again in a whirl. When she joined me, she sat close beside me on the old bench as we sipped our coffee, talking quietly.

As we talked, I realized that my worries were more about the prejudices of other people than anything else. For the first time in my life I’d be leaving home and living in a strange city and a new neighbourhood. To make matters worse, I was going to be the only guy living with three young women in a two-bedroom duplex. The neighbours were going to make all kinds of assumptions about that. Then added to everything else they might think that two of the women were lesbians and I didn’t think that would go over well with most of the religious people who might be living nearby. When I said something about that, Sandy frowned at me.

“Chris, you think too fucking much and it makes you worry. If you’re not careful, you’re going to give yourself an ulcer,” she snapped.

“Well, it’s just that I like to be prepared for emergencies before they happen.”

“So do I, but worrying so much just isn’t worth it,” she sighed. “Actually, I haven’t a clue what’s going to happen, but we’ll figure it all out. Besides, people are broader minded than you seem to think. The world is changing and people aren’t worried about stuff like that so much. Everyone has had a few years to get used to the hippies in California and the way they act with all their communes and free love and stuff. We even have hippies here, or at least wannabe hippies, so people kind of look the other way. Heck, look at the way our parents have been acting about us.”

“Well, my parents have been pretty open all their lives. After all, what happened to them when they were young made them fairly nonjudgmental.”

“Oh, yeah, I heard about your dad having two cousins as lovers at one time.”

“That’s not exactly right,” I shook my head. “When Wil was born, his mother had problems and Mom came to stay and help out. Kate was in the hospital and almost dead before anything happened between Mom and Dad, but what did happen was a reaction to the stress they were under more than anything else. Mom is living proof that a virgin can get pregnant her first time, because they never had sex again for weeks, if not months.”

“Gee. That’s not the story Mom passed on to me.”

“Yeah, well that’s not a surprise,” I snorted. “People who pass on rumours seem to always change things a bit, just to make it a bit juicier or to serve their own purposes. Whatever the reason, before long the rumour soon bears little or no resemblance to the truth. If your Mom ever talks about it again, do me a favour, tell her what really happened. Actually, you might want to ask Mom about it first, then you could repeat the exact truth and not my interpretation of what happened.”

“Do you think your Mom would talk to me about something like that? I thought you wanted to act like we didn’t get along and that she was feeling reserved toward me.”

“Oh, didn’t I tell you about that?” I grinned. “Mom told me that she thought I should give you another chance, because she didn’t think you were as bad as I seemed to be making you out to be. But then, I’m not too sure if her reasons were all that lily pure.”

“I don’t understand. What reason would she have that wouldn’t be aboveboard?”

“Well, she astonished me by admitting that she had some rather racy thoughts about her son sleeping with two women at the same time,” I chortled. “I just about fell over, but she broke into a blush and rushed off right away, or I don’t know what I’d have said.”

Sandy had been looking at me and the surprised look on her face was priceless, then she broke into a giggle.

“Darn, I almost wish Carissa was here, but even if she isn’t after thinking about that conversation you had with your mother I want to go to bed. I think I should follow your mom’s advice and give you another chance.”

So, we went inside and went to bed.

In bed, she was extremely enthusiastic, but since I was still feeling slightly wound up after the race, I suppose I was a bit spirited myself. I know it was well after midnight before we went to bed, but I’m not even going to guess how late it was when we finally fell asleep. I do know that we slept in really late the next day. In fact I was awakened by the jerky feeling of someone sitting on the bed and the smell of a fresh mug of coffee held near my nose. It’s lucky I didn’t spill that cup of coffee all over my bare chest, because when I opened my eyes I saw three naked women sitting on the bed and almost surrounding me. Not only that, but I was as naked as the day I was born and the covers I’d had the night before were pulled down to my feet.

If I hadn’t had a boner as I awakened, I instantly developed one. I couldn’t help my reaction, but had to fight off the urge to try to cover my own nudity, especially since they were all just as nude, yet were acting calmly. Of course I also couldn’t stop my eyes from wandering over their bodies, particularly Jackie’s since I’d never seen her nude before. She wasn’t as well rounded as Carissa, but carried more weight than Sandy; of course, being naturally blonde, her skin was a lighter shade than either of theirs. But, I didn’t get to make an undisturbed comparison of their bodies for long.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.