Car 54 - Cover

Car 54

Copyright© 2005 by dotB

Chapter 19: Caution - Sharp Curves and Switchbacks

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 19: Caution - Sharp Curves and Switchbacks - 'Car 54' is a road trip down memory lane with highs, lows, curves, detours, bumps and potholes. There are sunny days, stormy weather, bucking broncs, stock cars, love, angst, sports, farm life, car racing, arguing, fighting, as well as a near death experience or two. Read the story of a friendly guy and his family as he learns to handle love, life, and a dirt track stock car. Oh, it's not a stroke story, it's a convoluted romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Teenagers   Romantic   NonConsensual   Drunk/Drugged   Slow  

The sound of the cop’s voice had actually made me jump, but the effect on the two smart ass twerps was a lot more extreme and it was almost instantaneous. Instantly they tried to get away. Since Carissa was standing between them and the door, they tried to shove her out of their way and run for it, but as she fell backward onto the seat of another booth, her legs kicked out in front of them. The dopes tripped over her. Sid only floundered to his hands and knees, but Ray took quite a fall. He went up and over Sid’s back, grinding him into the floor, then lost his footing, bounced off a booth, and planted himself face first on the tiles.

I heard a dull crack and I thought perhaps Carissa had been hurt, but I couldn’t get to her. Sid had scrambled away, but suddenly I had two cops in my way. By the time I got to Carissa, each of the cops had taken charge of one of idiots. Then as one cop kept an eye on the two cretins who stood with their hands against a wall and their feet back and spread, the other cop came back to us.

“Are you okay, Miss Coulter?”

“I think so, Officer,” she nodded. “Maybe a bruise or two, but I think that’s all that seems to be wrong.”

“I suppose you’d be the best judge if you’re injured or not, but I think you might sit here for a while to be sure. Unfortunately, we’re going to have to go over to the doctor’s office with this pair. It looks like young Mr. Smithies may have broken his nose and young Parker was walked on rather rudely by his partner, so who knows what could be wrong with him. That means we’ll be tying up Dr. McGraths for a short while. It would be a shame to have the victim of an assault forced to stand by while the perp. was treated though.”

“Well, we have to go to the hospital to visit someone. Could I have one of the staff there check me out while I’m there?” Carissa smiled weakly.

“I imagine that would be all right. Now I have to ask, do you want to file assault charges on these two? We overheard the conversation and the poorly veiled threat about following you and retaliating for whatever imagined injury you’ve done them. We’ll be charging them for that, but the assault and battery charge is up to you.”

“Assault and battery?” I asked in surprise, probably the first words I’d said since the conversation with Sid and Ray had started.

“Why yes,” The cop looked at me in surprise. “After all they forced her aside as they tried to push past. Just threatening to touch someone is an assault, let alone shoving anyone around like they did, that’s battery. These two can’t act like animals and not expect to be treated accordingly, not when they do it in front of witnesses and, in this case, a pair of police officers.”

“Oh,” A slow smile appeared on Carissa’s face and she turned her head to look at Sid and Raymond. “I think that’s a yes, but I’d better consult with my lawyer and my father prior to laying a charge. I wouldn’t want to do anything that might interfere with the pending civil lawsuit we have against these fools. Besides, I was involved with a bit of banter prior to the actual attack.”

I was left staring at her because she sounded so different than usual. Heck, right then she sounded like a lawyer and it astonished me. I don’t think I’d ever heard her sound quite that perceptive of the whole situation before. I was almost stunned by that on top of everything else that had happened. For the next few minutes I watched everything around me, but didn’t feel that I was part of it. Somehow, everything was almost dreamlike, as if I wasn’t part of the action. I’m not certain why, but for the next hour or so I felt as if I was back to watching my life unfold from somewhere outside of myself, almost as if I was watching a movie of someone else. I seemed to have no control of any part of the happenings.

The two officers escorted the two punks outside and across the street to the doctor’s office and I finally noticed that old Fong, the owner of the cafe, had moved to the cash register while all the ruckus had been going on. I probably wouldn’t have noticed that except that Carissa asked him if she could use the telephone to call her dad before we left for the hospital. I was astonished when Fong personally led her back to the phone in the kitchen. As he left I noticed he scooped up a cleaver to put it away. Damn, he’d really expected trouble and I hadn’t even seen him move out of the kitchen. Even more surprisingly he was letting Carissa use his phone. That was absolutely astonishing. For anyone else, he’d have simply shaken his head and pointed to the pay phone. I heard her voice as she started talking to her father, but just then Mrs. Fong came around and offered me a refill of my coffee. It was as if she was trying to get things back to normal, but by then I was no longer in the mood for a coffee or anything else. In fact I was still feeling out of my depth.

When Carissa came out of the kitchen and wanted to go to the hospital, I simply stood, paid for my coffee by leaving some money on the table, then walked out to the car. In the car, she explained that after our visit to the hospital her dad wanted us to drop around his office. At the hospital, Carissa insisted that I should go upstairs to visit Grampa Bender while she went off to find someone to check out her bumps and bruises and see if she was seriously hurt or had any visible marks from the scuffle.

Grampa Bender seemed lethargic and muddled that day, just like I felt. When I mentioned the Collie bitch and her pup, he nodded and smiled, but had no advice on what to do about her. Instead he began to talk about a distant neighbour, Leila MacArthur, who had a small ranch further back in the hills. By the time Carissa came in from being checked over he was falling asleep.

Carissa and I decided that rather than bother him any more we might as well let him rest. We left then, driving directly to her dad’s real estate business from the hospital and were shown right into his office. It seemed the police had phoned him only minutes after Carissa had. They were quite insistent that Carissa should lay charges against the dopey duo. They had even asked him if he thought I could be convinced to lay a charge of assault and batter against them as well. I’d completely forgotten that Sid had pushed me back when he’d moved to stop Ray from hitting Carissa, but the two cops had noticed what happened.

“But he just shoved me back into the booth,” I protested.

“Ah, but why were you trying to get up?” Mr. Coulter smiled at me.

“Well Ray was trying to hit Carissa and...”

“And you were going to try to protect her,” he smiled. “I have to admire your courage, but how were you going to protect her with one broken arm and one broken leg?”

“I’d have done my best. If my sister could put them out of commission with one kick each, I could do something the same with two casts,” I grinned at the stupidity of even trying to tackle the two of them in the shape that I was in. “I suppose when my adrenaline starts to flow, I just react.”

“Oh, sure! And when have you ever done something without thinking about it,” Carissa came back at me. “By the way, how come you weren’t saying anything to those assholes? Oh! Did you know the cops were in the back booth?”

“Well I did see the officers when I came in, but I was just being quiet, hoping Sid and Ray would get tired of ranting and raving then leave.”

“Oh, yeah, as if they’ve ever shut up about anything,” she snapped. “But if you knew the cops were there, why didn’t you say something to me? I’d have handled it a lot differently if I knew that.”

“With you three yowling at each other like tomcats on a fence, when did I get a chance to say anything?”

“Whoa you two, don’t get into a fight over it. I’ve already got one daughter who says she needs her Daddy because she broke up with her guy.”

“Oh Daddy, Corinna’s in one of her moods again,” Carissa sighed. “She managed to get drunk last night and she was a handful. I’m sorry, but I had to bring her back home. She’s just too much for me to handle when she’s like this. I simply can’t take it when she goes off the deep end. It drives me nuts. I think after a couple of days of her stupidity, both Chris and I would have been crawling up the walls.”

“Is it bad this time?” Mr. Coulter frowned.

Carissa simply nodded. “I told Mom that it’s the worst that I’ve ever seen her. Last night she was influencing me and at first I didn’t even know it. It wasn’t until she fell asleep that I even realized what had happened. Then this morning, when I told her I wanted her to come to town to find someone to help her, her temper simply blew. She was just out of this world. She let go with both barrels and screamed at me like a banshee. Luckily, on the way into town she quit yelling. I don’t know how we’d have managed to drive nearly thirty miles while locked in a car with her screaming her head off.”

“Damn!” Mr. Coulter growled. “None of us need her crap right now.”

I realised then that Carissa had started to tell me about the trouble Corinna had, but we’d broken off the conversation before she’d finished. At that time I’d assumed it was a temporary problem, however now that the subject had come up again, I realized it might be chronic condition. Up until then I hadn’t thought about either of the twin’s tempers, but now I recalled that even while we’d been going to school I had seen examples of Corinna’s occasional irrational behaviour. I had to wonder if it wasn’t a medical problem of some sort, but at the moment I didn’t feel I should pry.

Although the topic seemed to be preying on both of their minds, they set it aside and we had a short discussion about whether or not to lay charges against Sid and Ray. I was willing, but Carissa felt that she shouldn’t. She thought that she might have egged them on by trading insults with the two of them. In the long run, she decided to take a suggestion that I made, she’d talk to the cops about what had been said and ask their advice.

So Carissa and I drove to the police station next. When we went inside I spoke to the police first, then made up my mind what charge I wanted Sid to face when he went to court. I signed a complaint of assault, but not battery. I felt that Sid had pushed me back to protect me from Ray more than to hurt me. Even though the police argued for the stiffer charge I felt I was being fair and told them my reasoning. I thought Ray led Sid into almost any of the problems they had with the law.

Carissa talked to the officers for at least fifteen or twenty minutes longer than I had. During that time they managed to convince her that before Ray lost his temper, the verbal byplay had been rough, but she’d been far less insulting than either Sid or Ray had been. In actual fact they complimented us both on maintaining our tempers while we’d been insulted by the two guys. Of course the matter of the use of vile language in public was brought up. Both cops had laughed and said Carissa hadn’t use one swear word. I thought she had, but they insisted she hadn’t. That’s when one officer told Carissa and me where her misquote about the jawbone of an ass came from. I think that was the point of their argument that convinced her to sign another complaint but like mine it was just for assault.

Now the cops had a signed complaint of assault against each of the two twits. On top of that they had written out several other accusations including offering threats in front of a witness, causing a disturbance in a public place, along with three or four other charges. I thought at that point that we’d be able to leave, but they’d heard something else mentioned that they were interested in, the break-ins of temporarily vacant houses on outlying farms. Both Carissa and I had to admit that we’d heard both Ray and Sid mention things that implied they had been there and we’d heard lots of rumours about it, but neither of us could give them any proof. In other words we weren’t good witnesses for those crimes. We were able to suggest other people they might ask about them though.

We finally left the police station at almost four in the afternoon. After that we still had to visit the grocery store and I wanted to be sure to stop at the lumber yard for some quicklime and some fly spray to use in the outhouse. It was almost five when we drove out of town and I’d only gone a couple of miles when I almost turned back. It was only after looking at my wrist watch and seeing that his office would be closed that I gave up on the idea of visiting the veterinarian about that darn stray dog and her wounded leg. I wasn’t about to pay extra charges for a stray dog and after five I would have been charge evening rates.

As a result by the time we got back to the cabin, unloaded the groceries and did a few chores, it was almost seven o’clock. Of course by then we’d changed our clothes and I’d fed the animals, then shut the chickens and the young stock inside. Meanwhile Carissa had packed away the groceries and made a quick meal. We’d cleaned up after supper, made coffee and were sitting out on the front porch before either of us felt like talking about our day and even then we both agreed that we were tired, very tired.

We were sitting on the old bench and I had one arm around her shoulder when I looked at her and grinned. “Do you have any ear plugs?”

“Ear plugs?” she turned and stared at me with a quizzical look on her face.

“Unh huh. If I kept you awake with my snoring the other night, tonight might be worse. Mom always said that when I was extra tired I snored the most. Wil used to say that I sounded like a chain saw being used by a logger in a fir forest, working on a deadline to cut extra footage.”

“Well I’ll just poke you in the ribs if you wake me, but if you snore too loudly I can always go sleep in the back porch,” she laughed, but her laughter died out quickly.

I looked at her and knew instantly that she was thinking about Corinna. She confirmed that thought a moment later.

“Damn, I feel responsible for Corinna in a way,” she sighed. “I wish we knew what her problem is.”

“Well, I don’t know why you feel responsible. In fact I didn’t even know she had a problem, but now I can understand some of the things that I’ve seen over the years.”

“What do you mean?”

“Oh like some of the times at school when she was touchy or the times when she’d get angry. I used to think it was both of you, but after realising that you’re so close, I can see how it would affect you too.”

“And you still tried to be our friend for all those years?”

“Yeah. Well, sort of. I think I’d really given up, but I suppose giving up was a halfway measure too. I mean I still hadn’t written you off, not the way I did some of those idiots.”

“Like Sid and Ray?”

“Oh, those dumb assholes? I gave up on them ten minutes after I met them. Do you know that each one of them tried to beat up on me at one time or other? One time the two of them tackled me at once, but luckily it was at recess and Tom was around.”

“What happened?”

“We whupped ‘em,” I grinned, “Do you know they’re the same age as Wil? He came along just after they’d given up and cried ‘uncle.’ He laughed at them and teased them about getting their butts kicked by two kids who were almost three years younger than them. I think his teasing was worse for them to take than being beat up by a pair of younger guys.”

“I never knew you had any fights at school,” she stared at me.

“I don’t think you paid much attention to me,” I grinned wryly. “I think everyone in our class thought I was just a brain and the teacher’s pet.”

“Oh don’t be so sure,” she snickered. “I always thought you were the brain all right, but on top of that I thought you were a little gentleman, almost prissy.”

“What?”

“Well I did,” she giggled. “I think if any of the girls knew that you had a habit of beating up on those two idiots you’d have been darn popular. I know I’d sure have reacted differently.”

“Darn,” I grinned at her. “Just think of all the things I missed out on.”

“Well, why don’t I try to make up for that, right now,” she laughed and stood up, grabbing my hand.

I just grinned, and stood up to follow her lead.

Even as tired as we were when we went to bed, she left me thoroughly convinced that I’d missed a lot by being shy, but it didn’t really bother me. Instead, Carissa made me realise that I was extremely satisfied that was she with me at that moment.

We had gone to bed early and for some reason both of us felt the need to be very affectionate, but since we were both tired we weren’t exceptionally energetic. Each time we’d had sex before that there had been an urgency between us almost a driving need. This time we simply took our time, not needing sex alone, but instead needing the comfort of someone who cared. For the first time, we truly made love with each other.

It was wonderful!

I think we were both feeling somewhat in need of assurance and we drew that from each other. After all the day had been hard on both of us, yet we’d handled everything without too much fuss and bother. It was strange in a way, but I suppose it was really the first time we’d both felt not only tired, but also relaxed since we’d been involved.

I slept like a log, yet I awoke exceptionally early even for me. Of course we’d gone to bed exceptionally early the night before. Carissa was cuddled against me as we both lay on our side, facing each other. The feel of her arm stretching over me and her breast pressed against my chest tantalized me, but at the same time simply felt very satisfying. I lay there for a moment, looking at her face as she rested her head on my arm, then I sighed softly and carefully slid my arm from under her head.

She looked so relaxed, so beautiful. Even when I could have moved, I still lay there and fought off the screaming demands of my body to move. Instead I smiled as I watched that sweet woman sleep. Somehow my whole world had changed and this delightful person was now central to all of my thoughts. Before yesterday I had liked her a lot, but now she was everything I wanted in the world. I didn’t understand how that had happened, but it certainly wasn’t something I wanted to fight in any way.

Unfortunately, I had to get up. I really didn’t want to, but the habit of years had kicked in. My bladder was screaming about the pressure that had built up overnight and I needed relief. Leaving her lying there as I slipped away was difficult. I wanted to kiss and cuddle her, but at the same time I wanted to let her sleep as long as she could. Finally, I simply had to go.

I reached for my shorts, then chuckled to myself, who was going to see me if I ran outside nude? Instead I slipped on my one shoe as well as the cut down overshoe that protected the foot in the cast and slipped from the bedroom, hurrying out to ‘check the weather’ for a few moments.

It was a beautiful morning. The sky was endless blue except for a few fluffy clouds over the mountainous horizon, and both the clouds and the mountains were shaded a light pink by the rising sun. As I relaxed and took care of the business at hand, I was once again struck by the beauty of the surroundings. I could hear birds, the sound of the animals in the barnyard and somewhere in the distance, I heard the sound of an engine. That sound alone was unnatural, but even while I listened to try to guess where that noise was coming from it seemed to fade away.

I walked a few feet back toward the cabin and drew a deep breath. There was the smell of wet grass, a trace of the odour of wood smoke, even a soft infusion of the stink from the pigpen, but the overall blend was marvellous. It was what I liked to call farmyard perfume. Then I smelled another trace of odour, a vile stench, there was a skunk lurking somewhere nearby. I just smiled and hoped it wasn’t too near. That was a smell I didn’t care to even think about having around the cabin. Still, as long as he stayed away from the chicken coop I wasn’t going to bother with him, not if I could help it anyway!

Smiling to myself, I walked back to the cabin and stepped inside. The aroma of fresh perked coffee struck me instantly. Carissa must have woken and put it on. Just then she came dancing in through the back door, grinning widely, and not wearing a stitch of clothing.

Damn, she was gorgeous.

“The grass is all wet!” she squeaked in a high voice, grabbing a towel and dancing on one foot as she wiped the other. “My feet are soaked.”

“Well what did you expect?” I broke into laughter and lifted a foot to show her my shoe as I balanced on the foot in the cast.

“Don’t do that! You shouldn’t stand on the wrong foot like that,” her grin was replaced by a frown for an instant, but at the same time she reached out to turn down the heat on the coffee.

“Hey, it doesn’t hurt,” I laughed, then stepped toward her and wrapped her in my arms.

“Mmm,” she murmured and snuggled for a few seconds.

“Sorry I woke you,” I bent and kissed her forehead.

“I didn’t mind,” she grinned and twisted her face up toward mine.

Her lips were simply too enticing and I was soon kissing them. For the next moment or two we simply enveloped each other in our arms and sought to express a love that was growing between us, then finally she pulled her head back. Her eyes were soft and staring deeply into mine, a sweet smile tracing her lips.

“Morning, Lover,” she whispered.

“Good morning to you too,” I grinned.

“Mmm,” she grinned. “Looking at you along with the feelings I’m having, perhaps I shouldn’t have made coffee yet? Hmm?”

“I’ve drunk stale coffee before,” I grinned back at her.

“No, I really want to talk first,” she suddenly looked a lot more serious. “Last night was so good it was scary.”

“What is there to be scared about?” I managed to smile although her words put my mind on alert to possible problems.

“Well, I’ve got to tell you that I’m getting to feel very darn serious about the two of us and it’s worrying me,” she looked tentative, almost fearful. “I hadn’t planned on...”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.