Lightning Does Strike Twice - Cover

Lightning Does Strike Twice

Copyright© 2005 by bfrap

Chapter 14

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 14 - Rob thought that he was simply going back to school, only to find that it would turn his life upside down.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Cheating   Pregnancy   School  

I had just entered the hall to face 2 County Sheriffs and a member of the Campus Security.

"How can I help you gentlemen?"

The first Sheriff started to speak, "Are you Mr. Robert Becker?"

"Yes"

"I have some bad news. There was an accident. Your wife, Melanie, was seriously hurt."

I fell to the floor in tears screaming, "Nooo"

Once I had gotten control of myself, I continued, "Is she alive?"

"Last we knew yes. They took her to the hospital in Irving. Do you know where that is?"

"Yeah, She works there. What happened?"

"Our preliminary investigation indicates that she was riding in a vehicle driven by a Nancy Tollner. Do you know her?"

"Yes, it's her sister."

"It appears that a truck crossed the center line and hit them head on. Being an in-law, I can tell you that Nancy was killed upon impact. "

I was a mess. This is the last thing that I wanted or needed. I was a mass of tears. It hit me that Mel was still alive. I needed to get to the hospital.

"I need to get to the hospital. I need to be with my wife."

"You don't look good enough to drive. Is there someone on the campus who you could drive you?"

I thought for a moment. He was correct; I was not good enough to drive. The only person on campus I even took any time to know was Julie. I gave them her name and told them what dorm she was in. The security officer immediately called in to his dispatcher to have them call her.

They stayed there consoling me while we waited for a response. We heard the guard's radio go off telling him that they reached her and she was on her way. We waited for 10 minutes before Julie came walking up. She was getting too big to run or she may have been running.

"Hi, Is everything ok?"

"Hi Ms. Weeks. Are you licensed to drive?"

"Yes, why?"

"Mr. Becker indicated that you know him. He is in no condition to drive at this moment. Would you be so kind as to drive him to the hospital?"

"Yeah, I can do that. What's going on?"

"We'll let Mr. Becker tell you on the way. Thanks for helping him out."

We walked out to my car. I was crying and Julie finally got around to asking me what was going on.

"Rob, What's wrong?"

"Melanie was in an accident. They took her to the hospital in Irving. It doesn't sound good. The officers didn't want me driving in my state."

She put her hand over her mouth, "Oh God, Rob I'm sorry. Let's get moving."

I handed her my keys once we got to the car. It felt funny being a passenger. Melanie has never been licensed to drive, so I did almost all of the driving. I told Julie where we needed to go and, after adjusting the seat for her bulging belly, we were on our way.

We arrived at the hospital about 20 minutes later. I went to the desk and before I could ask any questions, the clerk at the desk told me that I needed to go right in. Since Melanie worked there, many of them knew who I was.

The nurse stopped me before taking me in the room where she was.

"Rob, we're trying to stabilize her so we can get her into surgery. She's busted up pretty badly. We don't know the full extent yet."

"Can I go in and be with her?"

"Sure. Come with me."

She led me into the room. There were 4 people trying to work on her. I went up by her head. I touched her cheek and Mel's eye popped open.

Mel talked very quietly, "Rob"

"I'm right here Mel. Just relax; you'll be fine in no time. Just hang in there."

"I love you Rob. I love yo..."

At that moment, the monitors started a long "Beeeee" sound. I knew what that meant. I got out of the way to let the professionals do their job. The one nurse grabbed me by the arm and almost dragged me out of the room.

I feel to my knees in the main room and started praying. I could still hear the heart monitors ugly sound. About 10 minutes later, that sound stopped. The doctors and nurses came out shaking their heads. The head doctor took a look at me.

"Rob, I'm sorry. We did all we could"

"NO." I collapsed on the floor in tears. I don't know how long it was, but the nurses where trying to help me to my feet. Once they got me up, I turn and asked a small question.

"Can I go in for a moment?"

"Rob, she's gone. There's nothing that can be done."

"I know. I just need to say goodbye."

She led me back into the room where Mel was. I pulled the sheet from her face. Tears started to flow from my eyes. I glanced at the rest of her. She was a mess. I looked at her face again.

"I'll miss you Melanie. I love you."

You would have thought a dam burst on my face. I could barely see anything. I bent down and kissed her on the forehead.

"I will always love you Sweetheart."

I put the sheet back over her head. I turned and the nurse led me back out to the main part of the emergency room. Julie was there. She took one look at me and must have known. Either that or the staff must have told her. I didn't know nor care at that point. Between Julie and the nurses, they got me back in my car so Julie could drive me home.

"Oh Rob, I'm sorry. I know what she meant to you."

"Thanks. I need to make some calls."

"Ok."

I got into the house and called my Mother first. She came right over. After I introduced Julie, carefully omitting that I was the father of her unborn, I asked her if she could make a few calls for me. She agreed. She took care of the arrangements for me.

"I need to be by myself for a while. Mom, you may want to tell the kids all at once. Oh, Linda's number is by the phone in the office. You may want to use that phone."

"No problem Rob. Go lay down. You'll feel better after a good cry."

I went into my room and fell on my bed crying. I literally cried myself to sleep.

I woke up sometime later. I looked at the clock and noticed that it was after 6. I just stared at the ceiling for a while. I couldn't believe it. Melanie was gone. We had just celebrated our 17th anniversary just over a week ago and now, she's gone.

After a while, I got up and headed into the other room. The first to see me was Becky.

"Oh Daddy. Are you ok?"

"As good as could be expected Honey. Is your Grandma still here?"

"Yeah, she's working on dinner."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.