Blood and Iron - Cover

Blood and Iron

Copyright© 2005 by Warlord

Chapter 11

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 11 - Betrayed by his wife and his friend and boss. Hiding out in the north woods, a hermit for the next two years. He's planning on taking the time to heal alone. It doesn't work out quite that way...

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Time Travel   BDSM   DomSub   MaleDom   Light Bond   Group Sex   Orgy   Harem   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Exhibitionism   Voyeurism   Violence  

I looked carefully into the drawer before reaching, in but there was no obvious snare. The drawer was completely lined in deep pile to prevent "hollow sounds" from revealing this void, as well as preventing movement and muffling sound from the three small leather bags the drawer contained. Opening the bags, I dumped the contents on the top of the large chest.

What is it with these people and snakes!?!

The signet ring was a hooded cobra motif, with a large marquis cut star sapphire of a rich blue coloring. Next was an ornate skeleton key, with a cobra and sapphire gem set in the bow. Then another "key," with its sapphire and cobra bow and its blade consisting of a short, pencil thin square shaft ending in a "cross" point, akin to a Phillips screwdriver but not pointed. I sat back on my heels as I studied my find. Then it dawned on me what this was about.

These primitive locks with their skeleton keys almost fall open with any kind of key, and were dead easy to pick with the simplest tools. One defense of the time was subterfuge.

My guess was that this lock was outsized with ostentatious decorations and ornate engraving. To open it, the key goes in the obvious keyway, then the minuscule screwdriver key would be inserted into an insignificant opening concealed by embellishments, and turned to actually open the lock.

Now that I had the keys, it was "only" necessary to find this cobra sapphire lock.

Since the puzzle box was here in the possession of the robbers, the owner or person with best information was probably dead! Given the traffic on the main road the robbers preyed on, "my" lock could be anywhere from Coast Castle to King Holm.

I smiled grimly. One more mystery to layer on top of all the others.

Putting the ring and keys back in the leather bags, I replaced them in the drawer of the puzzle box. I closed the drawer, carefully returning the wooden laminations to their original locked condition. The puzzle box then joined the rest of my loot at the bottom of the ladder.

I tossed a handful of assorted coins into my belt pouch, with another assortment going in my concealed money belt. Finally, with a last look around, I began handing my booty up the ladder.


I dug Alvis' wrist sheath out of my pack while the puzzle box and light crystal went in. The sheath went into the bag of "goodies" for Donna. Pack and goodies were dropped at the farmhouse door.

I walked across the lane, carrying the saddlebags past the bodies until I reached the deadfall where I had spent the night. Looking around, I selected a Pin Oak for my pouch's safekeeping. Standing under a likely branch, I made a couple of tosses until my moneybag settled securely, straddling the limb.

I sauntered back toward to the farmhouse. Seeing Donna standing in the farmyard, peering around, looking concerned, I stepped into the lane, waved, and whistled. She spotted me, and her face was wreathed in a huge grin.

Donna was wiping her hands on her apron, saying, "Sir, I have a meal prepared."

I nodded as I picked up the pack and bag by the door, entering the farmhouse. Donna had opened the shutters and cleaned up. The sunny kitchen looked much better. I thought the pots and bowls filled with good smelling foods looked best of all.

Washing up in a basin of water on the sideboard I said: "Thank you, Donna. This meal looks and smells wonderful."

It was only true! Huge slices of ham and potatoes covered in some kind of cheese sauce. Did I mention the big chunks of home made bread? Thought so.

Donna smiled prettily. "You're welcome, Sir. I do so love to cook. Momma is the cook at Lusty Rose and Anchor on the docks of King Holm. I was her apprentice, then chief cook on the galley Sandra Dear."

I must have looked puzzled as I asked, "A galley, Donna?"

Donna answered enthusiastically, "Yes, Sir!"

Then she smiled in fond recollection as she kept spooning more food on my plate. She continued, "Twenty four oars and two masts. We sailed the vast inland sea carrying goods between King Holm and Port City."

Her smile died as she said more softly, "Not directly to the port, and there's the rub."


We both began to eat, and there was little conversation as I shoveled excellent food into my mouth Eventually, I pushed back from the table and its emptied plates as I sipped a glass of sweet wine. Donna began picking up dishes. I stayed her hand and pointed at her chair. "Please tell me what happened to your cook's job, Donna."

I refilled her glass as she sat frowning. "It's a long story, Sir, and well known to all."

I grinned. "Pretend I know nothing about all this. I'd really like your opinion, Donna."

Donna looked surprised that anyone would solicit her views, but she sipped her wine and gamely began. "Port City is separated from the inland sea by a wide expanse of land. A broad meandering river - The Red - named for the coloring it picks up from its clay banks, flows from the inland sea to the ocean."

I nodded as she continued, "When I first sailed, we'd pay a toll at Passage then our oarsmen would pole the galley to Port City. We'd return against the current with our oarsman pulling us along the towpath. If we were heavily laden and the current was strong we'd hire teams of horses."

I asked, "Passage?"

Donna smirked as she replied, "You take your pretending serious, Sir."

Then her frown returned. "The castle at the mouth of the Red River is called that. The castle that controls all traffic in and around the river, source of the troubles that force the people surrounding the inland sea into financial ruin."

She sat in silence as a big tear coursed down her cheek. I sat quietly waiting as Donna gathered herself. Finally, she softly continued, "It started when the man who calls himself "Sun King" toppled the leaders of Passage. His first act was to throw them and their entire families off the highest battlements to die on the stones below."

She continued: "The river tolls began to climb. Then, one day, a massive chain blocked the channel. This Sun King announced that cargo must be off-loaded on his docks then loaded on barges to be carried down river to the port."

Now she laughed, ruefully. "The toll, always high, climbed higher still and now varied with the cargo. Far worse, part or even all the shipment might be confiscated at the whim of the Passage tax man."

She sipped her wine as she continued to shake her head. "The whole of shipping on the inland sea fell apart. A few ships that still trade with Port City or the caravan masters and the fishermen, the rest sit idle their furled sails rotting."

She looked up as she said, "That's where Tor found me, on the dock, just days away from my own collar. I make no excuse, Brock, sir. I know what we did and the cost. If I had one wish, it would place me back on the fantail of the Sandra making for Port City."

Donna looked forlorn as I pulled her to her feet hugging her. She kissed my cheek then pulled back to say with some energy, "Enough of your pretending, Brock, Sir. I must clean up if we are to have guests."

I nodded, saying, "It's time for me to go to the road and meet a princess."

Her laughter followed me into the bedroom as I dressed in my armor and gathered my weapons and toys.


I came out with my crossbow slung over my shoulder, carrying my Katana. I picked up the bag of goodies for Donna and placed it on the now cleaned table, saying, "This is for you, Donna."

Donna looked inside, her mouth an "O" of surprise. She upended the bag, and the coins, jewels and daggers spilled on the table. Her eyes wide, she looked up at me, stuttering finally saying, "Sir, Brock, sir this is too..."

I raised a hand halting her words as I said, "Donna, take the weapons. I require you to be armed now. Frankly, before this is all done, it'll necessitate you having money."

Donna just stood, rooted. I grinned, saying loudly, "I leave a princess to meet a princess."

Donna smiled now as she replied, "Such bullshit. But nice all the same."

She quickly came into my arms, kissing me lustily as she ground her pelvis into mine. As she felt my hardening cock, she giggled, saying: "Hurry back, Brock sir."

I laughed as I turned her around and slapped her on the butt, eliciting a satisfying yelp as I walked out the door.


I walked along the grassy verge of the muddy track away from the farmstead toward my rendezvous with Princess Veronica. My thoughts were in turmoil.

Despite my brave words, there was no guarantee I could keep Donna alive. So much depended on the mood of this royal. A sullen, surly princess would be a very bad thing, and just about guarantee poor Donna being guest of honor at the next raising.

A Buckthorn grove on the road's edge by a rock wall was my blind as I waited for the princess's coach. Traffic was sparse, giving me pause. Was this meager travel normal? Had a warning been issued by the conspirators?

Slipping Nadia's ruby ring on my left index finger, I used my spyglass to look up and down the road. I rested my hip against the wall; breathing calmly, and staying centered, I waited. Did I mention that I hate waiting? Thought so.


Movement in the distance drew my eye. A great white coach fairly glowed in the afternoon sun as its team of six black horses trotted toward me.

One trooper alertly cast back and forth in the van, while the rest looked bored to the point of sleep as their horses shambled along after him. I pondered yet again why Black Baron Radcliff was not protecting her. Sure, Radcliff's an S.O.B but his lancers are aggressive and competent. Everything these stupefied horsemen obviously were not!

Fuck competent, I'd settle for conscious!

I closed my glass with an annoyed snap, dropping it in the pocket of my cloak as I stepped out on the road. The lead trooper, who looked all of about 14, spurred his horse, the two-handed broadsword on his back bounced, and the hilt smacked him on the back of the head. He rode toward me with the reins in one hand, rubbing his head with the other.

He pulled up, and standing in the stirrups to look around, announced grandly: "I am Jeremy, of the guards."

Then he settled back into his saddle as he asked, "Who are you and what do you want?"

Close up, Jeremy looked even more callow. Glancing at his approaching comrades, Jeremy was the best of it.

Holding up the "Nadia Ruby Ring," I said calmly, "Brock, a hunter, and I would speak with your princess, please. She is in danger."

As secret de-coder rings go, Nadia's is damned impressive. Jeremy was off his mount on one knee to kiss the ducal ring just that quick. I was beyond surprised by his reaction. I gestured Jeremy to his feet and tossed him the ring, saying again, "The princess, please."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.