Accidental Commander
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2005 by TonyG

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 9 - I have re-written the entire story. I am posting two chapters at a time. If you see a continuity problem you have probably read past the re-write. John Whitmore a thirty-eight year old design engineer, finds himself back on the family farm. An extraterrestrial craft lands in one of his fields. After which his life changes forever. He now possesses amazing technology. He has two years before someone misses the craft, and comes to investigate. What will he do? Stay and fight or run for the stars.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Polygamy/Polyamory  

Day 6

“What do you mean you can’t access any information on the object?” the lieutenant nearly shouted. “I thought we were tied into everything?”

“Sir, we are tied into everything that can be tied into. My guess would be that wherever the object was taken, there are no links to the outside. Similar to Groom Lake.”

The lieutenant began pacing nervously then suddenly stopped and asked, “Have you been able to find out anything more about this ‘Sector G’ you mentioned.”

“Sir, I have found a total of seven references. The earliest is in nineteen eighty-three. It was right after that midair crash outside Toledo, Ohio. The public was told it was two private planes. It talks of recovering something and sending it to ‘Sector G’, for investigation and possible reverse engineering. It is from that reference we can draw the most conclusions.”

“It makes sense,” the lieutenant said as he resumed his pacing. “The government and the military are so compartmentalized that most of the time the right hand doesn’t know what the left one was doing. That is, after all, how we were able to operate for so many years without being detected.

“It would also be reasonable for the government to have a group of people researching the hardware. Since we were tasked with capturing an alien, it could be argued that we were tasked with obtaining the software.

“I’m not surprised that there is a ‘Sector G’ and that it is a secret government R&D facility. And we know from that one reference, that part of what they are researching is alien technology. I want to know everything you and everyone else can dig up on ‘Sector G’. I want to know where it is and how well it is protected. That goes for any other hidden or underground ‘secret’ facilities.”

Then almost as an after thought he added, “I also think we ought to reacquire ‘farmer John’.”

“Who, Sir?”

“That farmer, what was his name ... oh yes, John Whitmore.” Then he chuckled, saying, “I guess he really is farmer John. Anyway, I’ve watched that video of his questioning repeatedly. There is something off about his action during the questioning. I have this feeling that he is involved with the aliens ... somehow.”

“That might be difficult, Sir.”

The lieutenant whirled on his underling and demanded, “And why is that, Smith?”

“Well, Sir, you wanted us to monitor him. He won the Illinois Lottery for one hundred and eighty million. From what we know, he only came back to the farm to save it from foreclosure. He was there so long that he lost his job. Now that he has a substantial amount of money, I doubt he will stick around the farm for very long.”

“Just fucking great,” the lieutenant began then paused. “Wait, that’s it. I’ll bet he used alien technology to win the lottery. See if you can get a video of that drawing and have it analyzed. Then compare it against other drawings. See if there are any anomalies.”


Bkrek Lis felt trepidation seep inside himself, as he worked his way through the dark corridors that had been so long abandoned. Each inhalation was an offensive attack on his olfactory organs. What was he doing here, anyway? Why he had been ordered down here to begin with? Was he really about to do the unforgivable?

If he were caught in the archives, it would mean instant death. But maybe he had a chance, after all. The Prime Flerdat seemed to think so. Still, no one came down to the archives any more. The horrible smell of disuse confirmed that.

Access had been sealed and forbidden in a time so long past, that no one remembered how or why it had happened. Oddly enough, since access was forbidden, no one knew exactly which Lord had passed down that proclamation.

Bkrek was nothing more than a lowly data entry clerk. All he did, cycle in and cycle out, was to enter into the database all of the propaganda that was handed him. That was why it had come as such a shock at last workcycle’s end, when he had received orders to report directly to Prime Flerdat’s office at the next workcycle’s start. Though there were four Primes, everyone knew that Flerdat was next in line for the Lordship.

A direct order to report to a Prime! No one would ever consider ignoring such an order. So it was that Bkrek had timidly gone. Once there, after the Gult-scan had verified his identity, he was ushered into the outer chamber of Prime Flerdat’s office. He was greeted, led to a door, and bidden to enter. Who was he to refuse, after all? He opened the door, and quietly stepped in, closing the door behind himself.

Prime Flerdat had been squatting on the octhrid behind his desk. He rose the moment Bkrek was in the room. The Prime smiled, and greeted Bkrek like an old friend. Bkrek had never been treated so, not even by his father.

He had no friends, and had little to do with his relatives. They all thought he should have picked a more adventurous career. He had finally grown weary of listening to them wanting explanations as to why he hadn’t chosen this career or that career. Finally he stopped going to family gatherings. He wondered what they would think of his boring data entry job, now?

It was forbidden for any Hruth to know the past, everyone knew that. Yet Prime Flerdat had stressed how important it was to discretely discover the past, so that they could better guide the future. Prime Flerdat made it all sound so reasonable. When Bkrek seemed to be hesitating, the Prime appealed to Bkrek sense of honor and loyalty. In the end it was Bkrek’s curiosity that caused him to agree.

Which is why he now found himself wandering areas of this ‘great ship’, that no one had ventured into for who knew how long ... maybe since Planet-Fall itself ... Bkrek was glad he had brought the lav-light with him. Most of the auto-lights weren’t functioning. This meant that for the most part, he was in complete darkness. Well ... with the exception of the light provided by the device that hovered over him, tracking the unit in his pocket. It provided a circle of light around him, while the lav-light he used to illuminate far down the corridor.

He had a map that Prime Flerdat had given him. It was the only reason he wasn’t totally lost. According to the map, he was to take a right at the next juncture. That hallway would lead him to the ‘Entry Keypad’.

Finally, he was there. The keypad appeared still to be active.

Bkrek hesitated. He was about to break the most sacred of Hruthian laws, yet he had been ordered to do this. If a Prime had ordered him to do this, then surely Lord Mitz Hron had ordered Prime Flerdat to see that it was done. Heartened by this thought, he flipped the map over. He started entering the series’ of codes listed on the sheet, via the keypad. He waited for the orange light of acceptance, after each series. As he pushed the button of the final symbol and was waiting for the orange light; his hand, which was holding the map, felt hot. He looked down at the sheet with the map and codes on it. It was melting in his hand. Bkrek quickly dropped the sheet, and watched as it self-destructed. All that was left of the sheet was a thin wisp of vapor rising from the spot where it had landed. That, too, soon dissipated. Nothing was left behind but a discoloration on the floor.

It was a good thing he had such an accurate memory. Otherwise he would have been lost in the maze of corridors that the belly of this ‘great ship’ constituted, forever.

Never once did Bkrek think that this might be exactly what the Prime may have had in mind. He was actually fairly excited over the prospect of seeing the glory of their past. Therefore he gave little thought as to the reasons behind sending him here.

Bkrek had still been staring at the floor where the map had once been. He jumped when the door began to trundle open, so focused was he on other thoughts. What the door opened to reveal, was nothing short of astounding.

It was a huge computer complex. Everything in it was spotless, brightly lit, and looked to be new. He had actually expected one of the ancient mainframes that were on some of the other ‘great ships’. This was easily the most modern thing he had ever seen. The fact that such a technological marvel was hidden in the belly of this ‘great ship’, was an amazing revelation. He wondered how many knew of this.

A small drone appeared from somewhere, and approached Bkrek. Not knowing what to expect, he began backing away from it.

A mechanical voice that emanated from everywhere said, “Codes accepted. Permissions for access are granted. Please stand still for Gult-scan.”

He did as he was asked, immediately. The drone approached and performed the scan.

“Welcome, Bkrek Lis. Your scan result has been added to the accepted users list. Please take your place on the octhrid at the control console, and state your requests.”


John woke up feeling a little disoriented. He had the vague impression that he had been dreaming, but couldn’t remember any of the particulars. It was then that he noticed Sam sitting on the edge of his bed. She seemed to be studying the floor. He rolled over to his side, so he was facing her. His movement caught her attention. She turned to look at him with haunted eyes. Once again, he was stuck by how well her image emulated human emotions.

“Sam, please tell me what is bothering you.”

“John, there are so many things, that I don’t know where to begin.”

“Why don’t you start with what is bothering you the most.”

Sam was quiet for several moments, and John was beginning to believe she wasn’t sure what was bothering her the most.

Then she suddenly blurted out, “I acted without orders!”

John could tell by the haunted look on her face, that this was truly troubling her. So he decided to approach it delicately.

“Sam, you are my ‘first officer’. That means I don’t always have to give you orders before you can act. I know we aren’t on the ship right now, so tell me what you did. I will tell you if you acted appropriately or not.”

So Sam told him that while scanning Sandra, before the genetic enhancement session, she had discovered uterine cancer. She went on to explain that without orders, she’d had Adam use the medical program to remove the cancer, before the enhancements were performed.

John didn’t see the problem with this, and he told her she had acted appropriately. Sam apparently did see a problem.

“But, Sir! As an AI, I am not allowed to act independently. I can only act on the orders or suggestions from the ship’s Commander.”

“Sam,” John said tenderly, “I know that was your original programming parameters, but I need a ‘first officer.’ I need you to be able to think and act independently of me. You have proven that you are capable of that independence. All I ask is that you consider it. Perhaps together we can reach the goals I have set for us.”

Sam was quiet for a time before saying, “There is another thing we should discuss, in reference to the Simmons’. Julie is pregnant. DNA extrapolation identifies Brian as the father.”

‘Damn,’ John thought, ‘fifteen and parents, that is going to be... ‘

John stopped himself. That would have been tough for them on Earth ... but up here? Well, there will be problems, especially with their parents. But they would have a much easier time raising a child, here, than on Earth. John was going to say something to Sam about it, but when he looked over at her, she looked ... well ... depressed. So he asked her about that, instead.

“Sir, I don’t understand it. This all started when I first began getting reports from the underwater drones. The Mediterranean revealed no signs of a sunken city or island. So I moved the search to the Atlantic. So far the areas in the Atlantic most likely for the sunken continent of Atlantis to be discovered, are having the same results. My mainframe is being inundated by conflicting signals, and I began to feel despondent.”

She shook her head as if to clear it.

“Sorry, John. That wasn’t the right choice of words. AIs don’t experience emotions, but it is as close as I can come to explaining what I’m experiencing, in human terms.”

“Sam, we have talked about you having become more than you were intended to be. I can’t be absolutely sure of this, but I think part of your dilemma is that you have just realized you are experiencing emotions, and not emulating them.”

“That’s impossible!” Sam said with a true look of shock on her face.

John didn’t laugh. He wanted to, but he didn’t.

“Sam, I heard something a long time ago. For some reason, even with my eidetic memory, I can’t remember exactly who was supposed to have said it. It goes something like this: ‘Nothing is impossible, only improbable. Once you realize that, it makes the impossible, probable.’ I’m not sure if that is the exact quote, but it is close enough for me to make my point. I think you are experiencing something that no other AI has ever experienced.”

Sam didn’t deny it, and had an optimistic look on her face. To John, it seemed as though she might actually be warming to the idea.

“My suggestion would be for you to talk to Sandra Simmons once she has had a chance to recover from the ‘day after’ affects of the genetic modifications. Though she was working as a counselor, she is actually a licensed psychologist. She should be able to help you understand what you are experiencing.”

Sam looked even more hopeful, but he could see that there was something more.

“Sam, these unexplained sensations over not finding Atlantis isn’t all that is bothering you, is it?”

Sam began studying the floor again.

“John, there are two other things. First, I have erred in my calculations. I have been monitoring the cartels after I removed the money from their accounts. Though no one has been tortured or killed, both sides have begun taking innocents as hostages. The numbers have continued to grow while you were sleeping.”

This was unexpected, but not that unreasonable, considering with whom they were dealing.

“Sam, first of all, though it was your initial idea to get the money for the cartels, I was the one who changed the way we went about it. I decided to have the trail lead to the other cartels. If anyone is responsible, I am.”

Sam opened her mouth to argue, but John quieted her by raising a finger, and continuing, “We did what we did, based on the information we had at the time. We cannot go back and change what was done, to what could have or should have been done. We have to learn to live with the decisions we make, even the bad ones. That is part of what being human is all about.”

If John was aware of the fact that he had included Sam in the statement as ‘human’, he ignored it.

“Now, tell me, are any of these people in immediate danger of being harmed?”

Sam was quiet for several moments, looked at John and shook her head. This was good. It gave him time to think, to decide, to have a meeting.

“Sam, I want you and Adam in my office in thirty minutes for a brainstorming session. If you can have a carafe of coffee with cream and sugar on my desk, all the better.”

John climbed out of bed, revealing that he was totally nude. He had grown so comfortable with his nudity, that he headed to the shower without a thought. He didn’t notice that Sam was watching his ass as he departed the room. Suddenly, he remembered something, and turned back to Sam. It was then he noticed that she had been watching him closely. After they both reddened appropriately, John grabbed a robe so that he felt less exposed.

“Sam, you said there were two things bothering you. We never got past the first. We aren’t in ‘emergency mode’, here, so tell me what the other is.”

“Last night while you rested, the alarms started going off again. You were trying to draw information at an extraordinary rate. You easily surpassed the rate that Penny and Brian peaked at, and I have no explanation as to why. Should I put a drone near you to monitor you? Just in case you fart?”

John ignored the misquoted phrase, but took stock of Sam’s expression. He saw that she was truly concerned. He thought he should tell her what had happened the previous day. He probably should have told her before, but it seemed such a small thing, especially with everything else that had occurred.

“Sam, yesterday, while you were explaining about the Alpha-male thing, my mind did some strange things. Instead of getting distracted by the side thoughts that kept cropping up, I was able to keep my focus on you, yet still track down several other lines of thought at the same time. Then I sort of collated the information. I was able to do all that simultaneously and in a matter of seconds, and come to a conclusion based on all the information I had deduced, and had remembered.”

Sam was quiet, and John began to worry.

“That explains the rest of it,” Sam said cryptically. “I had to have the drones physically alter the equipment in your room, last night. Normally, a single unit is more than enough to service an individual. The people in enhanced sleep get one subject taught to them at a time. There has never been a problem with the number of units needed. We know that you are unusual, in that you can interact with the computer with your mind. Last night, you were trying to pull several different learning programs through, at the same time.”

When Sam saw that John had furrowed his brow, she searched for a way to explain.

“John, on your planet, different sized wires are rated for different strengths of electricity to pass through them, right?”

She waited for him to nod his head before she continued.

“What you were doing last night, was like trying to run 200 amps through wire rated for 50 amps. It works for a little while, but the 50amp wire would eventually overheat and short out.”

John nodded again.

“The enhanced learning unit was on the verge of shutdown, when one of the drones was finally able to get an additional learning unit installed. I had them install four more just to be certain. During your sleep cycle, you were using all of them, actively. I am going to have two more installed today, since I now know that separate areas of your brain can search for information independently. However, John, since this is so unusual; may I do another cerebral scan on you?”

John tried to hide his worry, but nodded because he was at a total loss for words.

The light from the ceiling bathed him in warmth, and he waited. Sam stood in rapt attention for so long, that he really was beginning to panic. His increased heart rate brought Sam out of her intense study.

“I’m sorry, John. It is just that this is so fascinating, I forgot about ‘you’, for a moment. Let me show you why.”

With that the room went dark. A transparent image of a brain appeared, and John realized why Sam had been so caught up. All through the transparency, electricity was in constant motion. John realized that he was watching his brain’s synapse activity. The electricity would shoot through the brain, and spread across its surface. It was amazing to watch. It was like watching a rapid-fire fireworks display. However, instead of it only happening in one location in his brain, it was happening throughout his entire brain without pause. This was his first view of this particular phenomenon. He had no idea if it was abnormal or not, but it was definitely beautiful. The image faded, though the after-images lingered before his eyes.

Then Sam was saying, “There is no damage or abnormality, but your brain activity is a phenomenon such as I have never seen before. I see no need to worry, but if you have no objections, I would like to do regular scans for a while. Is that all right?”

John nodded his approval, and Sam went out the door. He headed back to the bathroom for a shower. Once he had entered the room, he felt an irresistible need to stretch. His body twisted into a strange position in order to satisfy its need. Then it smoothly shifted into another position. To John, the moves reminded him of Tai Chi, only this was Tai Chi as he had never seen it. He forced himself to walk back into the bedroom. He was glad Sam was no longer there, as he tossed the robe onto the bed.

His body started again with the first position. As his body busied itself with the physical aspect of the kata, a calmness washed over John’s mentality. He felt as though his mind and body had found a separate yet equal peace. He allowed the detachment to continue, until he felt as though he was floating. He watched in wonder as his body went through the graceful yet unfamiliar moves. While drifting, he found himself feeling more mentally centered than he ever had felt before. With child-like wonder, he explored this sense of calmness.

A mental image of himself appeared. Mists swirled around him, yet he was at peace. He thought of a place where he had once found peace. Before him unfolded a beautiful meadow of wildflowers. He started walking, and thought that there should be a rise over there, a tree over there, and there a pond with crystal clear water. He should be seeing butterflies, and...

This was as far as that thought got, as he realized all of those things were appearing in just the locations he had envisioned them.

However, all good things must come to an end. Eventually his body stopped the movements. He felt his two halves rejoin, and felt more... ‘Whole’ was the only word his mind could supply to explain the feeling. When he looked down at his body, he discovered that he was drenched in sweat. He truly did need a shower, now.

He returned to the bathroom. He showered and dried himself, then he hit the green button. He tensed, reflexively, not know what to expect. It wasn’t painful. It felt sort of like having insects crawl over every part of his body at the same time. Then it was over. He looked at himself, and saw nothing that appeared different. He half expected to see himself wrapped in clear plastic, or something. After flexing his hands, fingers, and arms. He saw no visible changes.

‘This is do-able,’ he thought to himself.

He got dressed. As it turned out, his workout had taken longer than he’d thought. Sam and Adam were waiting. First things first, though. Sam had a carafe waiting for him, so he poured himself some of what smelled like French roast coffee, and added cream and sugar. He passed on getting something to eat, so they could get right to the meeting.

“Adam, I have explained this to your mother before, and will do so for you. This is a brainstorming session. This means that all protocols are set aside. If you have an idea or something to offer, then do so, no matter how trivial it may seem. Any idea could well trigger another idea, whether yours or ours.”

When Adam nodded his understanding, John turned his attention to Sam.

“Sam, you taught me something last night as I slept. It was something that wasn’t on the schedule. Would you explain that to me. Don’t get me wrong, I am not upset, in fact I’m rather excited about it. I will tell you why, after your explanation.”

“I’m sorry about that, John. Paul mentioned martial arts, yesterday. I checked to verify that martial arts were what I had assumed them to be. I then remembered some files that hadn’t been accessed in so long, that they were archived deep inside my mainframe. It took me until you were already into your sleep cycle to extract all the information. If Paul was to be believed, that information could help you. Knowing that this was something you needed, I had Adam release control. I gave you all the files I had on Iokavkipae [({pronounced: EYE oh KAV key pay})]. It is a cumulative type of martial arts, which combines nearly all of the martial arts on Rhyler into one. It combines a stand up style like your Kung Fu, with a grappling style like Brazilian Jujitsu. It also includes a throwing style like Hapkido, a weapons style like Kendo, and a ‘holds and locks’ style similar to Aikido. One of the katas you learned is meditative, like Tai Chi.”

John nodded contemplatively, having already experienced that one.

“That explains a lot. But I have to ask you, what was different between the way you taught me Iokavkipae, and the way you taught me how to pilot a ship? The reason I ask is that I found myself going through what I assume was a flawless kata after I started towards the shower. It was instinctual, like I had been doing it my whole life. Piloting the ship was more like I knew what I was doing, but had no experience in doing it.”

Sam furrowed her brow and said, “I’m not sure what the difference is, John. I will check into it and see what I can find. Is giving the pilot information in this way, something you would want?”

John simply nodded, then switched gears.

“Okay, we goofed, now it’s time to fix it. Tell me everything you know that is going on with our Columbian friends, and we will see what we can do to make it right.”

Sam began filling him in with everything she had discovered. She brought up 3D images of the warehouses where the captives were being held. She showed guard placements, and the weapons they carried. It was when Sam showed the number of captives, that John’s heart sank. There were over three thousand hostages being held in the warehouses.

John’s mind kicked up a gear, and the creative juices started flowing.

“Are the Gosnells still asleep?”

Adam looked thoughtful for a moment.

“Yes, they are.”

“Good. Keep them that way for however long it takes for each of them to get the information they need, to pilot a shuttle. This operation is going to take more than the three of us.”

“In that case, I will introduce you to someone I was going to use to surprise you, later. Tammera?” Sam said to the room in general. She made the name rhyme with ‘camera’. As she spoke, the door to John’s quarters chimed.

“Come,” John said, though he couldn’t imagine whom it might be.

At first, he didn’t see who had entered his apartment. Then she stepped into his office. Tammera turned out to be a girl of about seventeen or eighteen. John was sitting down, but guessed her height at about five-six. Her skin was the color of milk chocolate. He knew it wasn’t Politically Correct to think in such terms, but he couldn’t think of a better description. Her face was rather Cherubic, and she had an ample figure. Tammera did a pirouette, so that John didn’t have to stand to see all sides of her.

John was no expert, by any means; but he thought her breasts were at least D-cup, probably about 36D. Her body showed good muscle definition as she moved. This was very obvious, since she was wearing a crop top, and shorts that barely covered her well-rounded ass. John could see much of her body, and the muscles that operated it.

John felt his arousal level growing, and instinctively reached for the calm he had achieved a short time before in his kata. He was surprised when he found it, and was able to refocus on what was at hand. He turned his attention to Sam, who was grinning sheepishly. Apparently, this was some sort of test of his control over his newfound center. When he glanced back at Tammera, she was in a T-shirt and jeans. Though they did little to hide her voluptuous form, they did cover the exposed flesh that had just aroused him.

“John, if you haven’t already figured it out, this is my daughter Tammera. Her trip was delayed by your request for the shuttles. Drones are still busy building replacements for the drones that are working on the shuttles. Since you needed more help, I thought we might as well have all of our assets available.”

John nodded, but his mind was racing. With him acting as an instructor, they could each take one of the Gosnells out on practice flights.

“Adam how many shuttles are ready for flight?”

“Three at the moment, and we will have three more done in an hour.”

John nodded, so far so good.

“Can the three of you remote pilot a ship that you are not the AI of, if necessary?”

The three of them seemed to be lost in thought. John knew they were trying to figure out the problem between them.

“John,” Sam began, “if we alter the holo-drones, we can relay a signal to the ship with almost no time lag.”

“Can you also change them so you can manipulate energy fields, using them to pick up something heavy, if needed?”

“How heavy?” Adam replied.

“If you could lift four hundred pounds, that should give us more than ample capabilities,” John said.

“This is too slow,” John said to no one in particular. “Sam? Can Adam and Tammera send and receive signals to my implant?”

“All you have to do is think of them, and the message will be sent.”

So began a session of messaging that would have made high-speed broadband look like ‘snail mail’. They covered anti-grav stretchers, and drones that would be modified to lift unconscious bodies onto those stretchers. They spoke of the best way in and out of the places the hostages were being held; and even how many stretchers could fit into each shuttle, and the best ways to place them.

All the while things were being done around the base. Stretchers were being built. Racks that the stretchers would lock into, were being installed in the shuttles so that the stretchers could be stacked. It is amazing what can be accomplished when three AIs and dozens of drones are working with you.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.