The Last 24 Hours - Cover

The Last 24 Hours

Copyright© 2005 by Landrious1

Epilogue

Erotica Sex Story: Epilogue - Alex Palmer's life fell apart nine months ago when his wife suddenly took their twin daughters and filed for divorce. 15 years of marriage is suddenly out the window and today is the final divorce hearing. With divorce looming, can his friends save him?

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Cheating   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Squirting   Size   Slow  

September 28, 2005

We left for real today. Beth looks as beautiful as I had ever seen her. I wanted to get married right away. I made the mistake of saying as much to Beth's mother when we told her of our engagement. I was informed that my continued survival depended on amending that position. Much to my dismay I discovered that even with all of my money a proper wedding simply could not be planned and executed in less than six months. Or so I was informed by Angelina Taylor. Beth told her to plan the basics and we would confirm or reject plans when we returned from our trip.

Oh yes, Beth and I did take our vacation. My partners wished me luck and said that they were happy to let me have the time away. I found out that they had been afraid I would suicide when Lisa pulled her stunt and were sure they were going to lose a partner and friend. They were ecstatic that Beth and I had found each other. We took the RV and disappeared for nearly two months. We visited most of the mountain parks and even went and visited Niagara Falls. We crisscrossed the country in no particular hurry. We took our time and enjoyed just being together and in love. We took skiing lessons in Vail Colorado, and went horseback riding into the Oxbow Mountains. We would have been gone longer but Josh sent for us. In early November the trials had begun and we were needed for testimony.

Six Months Later...

May 20th 2006

Spring had arrived and the meadow was decked out the luscious yellows, pinks, and vibrant blues of the season. Wildflowers were in bloom and the 73 degree temperature was warm enough that the people milling about were cool but not uncomfortably so. To one side of the meadow a wrought iron fence surrounded the two graves within with a quiet dignity inside the small private cemetery.

"Lisa signed custody of the twins over to Bob and Muriel this week, Grams. Her therapist thinks that taking care of them will be beyond her capabilities for some time to come. At least that's what was in Lisa's letter to them. Jacquie and her pet shyster were sentenced yesterday. She'll be an old woman before, or even if, she ever sees daylight again. She got 26 years and that's just for what she did to me. She still has the conspiracy to commit murder charges to contend with."

I gave a sad, heavy sigh, "I wish you had met Beth, Grams. I think you would have liked her and I know she'd have loved you." A sad tear trickled down my cheek. "We plan to live here with you at the lake. We want to have children and I want them to know about you. I always said I would have you at my wedding Grams. This is as close as I could get." I wiped the tear from my cheek and after a moment I turned, walked over to the groom's tent and drawing the flap aside I went inside.

I approached Josh and whispered, "I swear if they don't hurry up I'm going to grab Beth and were headed to Vegas!" Grinning wildly Josh walked over and said in a very loud voice, "It's not too late, Alex. You can still run for the hills you know." Throwing his arm over my shoulder he cocked his head and listened. I just shook my head at him.

Beth's lovely, albeit very stressed, voice came clearly from the next tent, "Alex, one more crack like that from him and I expect you to choose a living Best Man and bury that one in the family plot after the ceremony, if you plan to consummate this marriage tonight!"

I looked at Josh and he laughed as I said, "Sorry dude! Looks like you get to keep Grams company if you don't leave your sister alone." The smile on my face took the sting from my words. Besides I would never do that to Grams and he knew it.

At that point Josh's mother, Angie, came through the flap and approached Josh. She had two other men with her. One I knew and the other I did not. Hiram Meyer walked up to me and handed me the royal blue velvet bag that contained the rings he had made for Beth and me. They were exquisite and when fitted together the stone of Beth's wedding band became the center of the rose in mine. Separately they were beautiful. Together they were the work of art Hiram's father envisioned and his son had made live.

I asked, "Who's this, Hiram?" as he handed me the bag.

"This is my old and dear friend Rabbi Abram Levinson. You're mother-in-law-to-be brought him over to speak to your brother-in-law-to-be about his pending bris mila." Hiram smiled at Josh. I was choking back the laughter I was trying to contain. Rabbi Levinson set what looked to be an old fashioned doctor's bag on the table.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.