The Last 24 Hours - Cover

The Last 24 Hours

Copyright© 2005 by Landrious1

Chapter 8

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Alex Palmer's life fell apart nine months ago when his wife suddenly took their twin daughters and filed for divorce. 15 years of marriage is suddenly out the window and today is the final divorce hearing. With divorce looming, can his friends save him?

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Cheating   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Squirting   Size   Slow  

We left the offices of Hoffman, Phillips, Browning and Dunne, and headed South down Main Street. I drove carefully out to the eastern edge of the city. As I drove Beth asked "Where are we going Alex?"

I replied "It's a secret."

I put a finger to my lips as if I would shush her. Beth was impatient but willing to go along with me for a little while at least. After nearly twenty minutes (I hate Friday rush hour traffic!) we pulled up in front of what looked like a warehouse.

I got out and came around the car to open Beth's door. It showed how well she knew me that she waited for me to get the door for her. My Grams had taught me to always treat a lady LIKE a lady and to always BE a gentleman, not PLAY the gentleman. There is a big difference, trust me. Beth was a great lady in my eyes and more importantly she was MY lady. I wanted her to know that.

We walked up to the entrance of the "warehouse" and after entering the door found ourselves in a very small room facing another door; Beth had to stand so close to me she was pressed tightly to my back and I could feel her breasts pressing into it. The feel of her against me caused a very prominent response in my trousers. This new door was an armored door and had no handle. A video camera was mounted to the right of it on the wall. A button set below the camera was marked "RING BELL FOR ADMITTANCE".

I pressed the button and, after a moment, heard a thin voice come from the speaker, "Ah Alex! Good to see you, come in my boy, come in!" A buzzer sounded and a loud solid clank came from the heavy door and then it trundled open silently on pneumatic rollers. Beth looked at me for a moment and took my hand. I led her into the room.

The room was large perhaps one hundred sixty feet across and nearly as long. The floor of the room was dotted with many long workbenches. All but one of which had a cloth draped over it to hide what was on it. There was a man wearing a yamika at the bench on the far right.

Hiram Meyer was a small frail looking, exuberant little man. His yamika was of a pristine white satin and he wore small round glasses with multiple magnifying lenses attached. He was working on a very delicate looking necklace of intertwined gold and silver chains and muttering to himself in Yiddish. While his accent marked him as coming from somewhere in Eastern Europe his English was flawless. Glancing to his left he said, "I'll be with you in a moment Alex." I looked at Beth and we waited in silence.

Suddenly the small tight knot in the chains he was holding came free and he exclaimed "Ah, now that is more like it. If that meshuga old bat will be more careful this would not happen every two weeks..." Hiram looked up and for the first time noticed Beth. His face clouded with awe as he spoke in a near whisper "Mein Gott! Ein Engel ist f¸r mich gekommen."

I had to laugh as I answered in all seriousness "Nein, mein Freund. Sie ist mein Engel, vom Himmel gekommen, um mich zu retten!" Hiram jolted as if I had shocked him and said.

"Your pardon please, I did not realize I was speaking aloud."

Beth was looking annoyed and said with a sweet smile that promised havoc if we did not comply, "Somebody had better start translating before I get mad!"

I smiled and Hiram looked embarrassed. I said "Hiram said "My God! An Angel has come for me!" and I said "No my friend, she is MY angel, come from heaven, to save me!" Beth had the good grace to blush.

I began the introductions, "Beth I'd like you to meet the finest jeweler in the western hemisphere, Hiram Meyer. Hiram I'd like you to meet Beth Taylor, my girlfriend." Beth reached to shake his hand and then froze as the word "girlfriend" passed my lips. Hiram had also been reaching to take her hand and froze.

Today seemed to be my day to shock people and I was finding that I liked it. I smiled at him. He turned to me and said in a loud sputtering voice "Girlfriend... but... Lisa..." He put a hand on his chest to calm himself and said in his most serious tone "Perhaps you would care to explain this turn of events?" I laughed and put my arm around Beth.

He waved us over to a workbench that had three stools at it and we all sat down. I told him the story, all of it, and explained about Beth. The anger in his eyes at hearing of Lisa's treachery was enormous.

"Mistst¸ck!Hure! A worthy student of Hitler!" he began cursing in Yiddish, German, and, I think Italian.

Beth looked at me for translation again, "He said "Bitch!" Then "Whore" and then switched to Yiddish, a language I don't speak. I think to spare my feelings." I turned to Hiram "Calm down Hiram. I don't like what she did but I can't change it. Are the birthday gifts for the twins ready to be sent?" The change of subject seemed to snap him out of his rant. He stopped, calmed himself, nodded and stood up.

He went over to a cabinet and brought out a pair of jewelry boxes "They are right here. We finished them this afternoon." He handed me the boxes and I opened them. Inside the boxes lay matching link bracelets of platinum. One with a capitol S the other an L in an old world Calligraphic script. The links of the bracelet looked like flowing Celtic knot work vines. The letters were inset with brilliant sapphires tracing the shape of the letters.

Their mother had filed for divorce in the week following Christmas and before New Years. Their birthday was the twentieth of September. Today was the ninth. Eleven days more and I would have been happy to give them these gifts as my daughters. Now I didn't know how to sign the cards. I wasn't their father and they didn't want me to be, or so it seemed. A wave of melancholy emotions swamped me and I closed my eyes. Without turning I handed the boxes to Beth for her to look at.

"These are exquisite." She gasped. "The detail on these links is absolutely amazing" The sound of her voice brought me out of the spiral I was falling into. Each link looked as though it flowed unbroken into the next.

Hiram beamed at the praise. I stood and took Hiram by the arm and asked "Beth give me a minute to talk to Hiram." Hiram and I got up and moved to the front of the room away from Beth. Hiram and I spoke quietly "You know the necklace I hade made for Lisa to match the bracelets." He nodded solemnly "Well I want you to dispose of it. I don't want to see it and she isn't getting it. Sell it; melt it down, whatever, just so long as she never sees it; it's paid for. Also, is Beth's ring finished?"

Hiram smiled at me and said "Yes as a matter of fact I finished it last night. I have it in the safe in the office. Do want to see it?" Hiram asked.

"Yes and I'd like to see a wedding and engagement set based off of the same pattern. Can you draw up the designs and let me see them in the next week or so? What stone do you think would match her hair and go well with several smaller diamonds? She was born in July so her birthstone is ruby." I think I caught Hiram off guard with my enthusiasm and quick questions.

He thought for a moment and said "As to the bracelet for that witch, I may be able to find a buyer. I had an inquiry earlier this week for a similar project, and he may like the design and the lettering is a match. You've already paid for it so I'll apply the price to whatever other work you would like done regardless, if that's alright with you. It should more than cover the rings that you want I should think. As for the ring designs, hmm... Do you want his and hers rings or just a set for her?"

I smiled at that. "Beth told me a long time ago when we were talking about weddings that she would never take an engagement ring unless the groom also got one. She said the practice was unduly sexist and chauvinistic unless both parties got rings." I smiled at the memory "You still have the design we worked on for the masculine version of her ring don't you?" Hiram smiled and nodded. "Go get the ring and the drawings and let's see what the lady thinks. Oh and give me a couple of minutes to ask her if she will consider marrying me, alright."

Hiram nodded and then frowned, "Maybe it's none of my business Alex but don't you think this is kind of sudden? From what you tell me you have only been divorced for a day. Maybe you should wait a while before jumping into this. It's just a thought." He raised his hands like he thought I would be angry and he might have to ward off a blow.

I smiled, "Hiram you have been my friend for a long time do, you really think I'd hit you? I'm not mad at you. You've helped look after me ever since Grams passed and I value your opinion. However, I've known Beth just as long as I have known my ex, the bitch; only Beth has never betrayed me, taken advantage of me, or done anything but love me. I've loved her for a long time and only just figured out that I am in love with her as well. She says I'm the only man that will ever be in her life and I want her to be the last woman in mine. All I can tell you is that the very thought of being parted from her leaves me feeling bereft as though my life would be over."

He chuckled, rolled his eyes and said, "Oy Vey! You've got it bad Alex! Very well, I wish you joy. Are you sure you wish to give her this ring now?" The question in his eyes was deeper than the one on his lips. He could tell looking at me looking at Beth what I had in my mind.

I smiled and said, "The future is worthy of the promise. If Beth is the future I go to, I'll never be more certain of anything. When I asked you to make this ring I had it in mind as a beautiful gift for her having been my friend, now it is that and the promise of a future I want to live in again. The timing could be no more perfect." My smile deepened "Go get the ring please."

Hiram smiled back and headed towards a door at the back of the shop. He smiled at Beth as he passed her on his way out. She must have seen something in his face that made her nervous. She looked over at me and got up. As she stood I turned to face her. She came up to me and said "Ok Alex, what are you up to now?" Her eyes were alight with curiosity.

I wrapped her up in my arms and looked into her face and said "I am innocent of any plot against thee, oh Queen of my Heart." Saying this I leaned down and kissed her soundly. I felt her pulse race as she sank into my embrace. The kiss lasted for more than a minute and as our lips parted I drew a shuddering breath. Beth all but purred and laid her head against my shoulder.

"You should be outlawed! No one should be allowed to kiss like that." She sighed.

I smiled; nuzzled into her glorious hair and whispered "'Tis all in the company I keep, my Queen" I hugged her and then held her a little apart so I could see her face. "I need to ask you something and I'm a bit nervous about it." I could see the question in her eyes but she said nothing and let me move at my own pace. "I need to ask you where you see our relationship going in the future." I placed a finger on her lips as she started to speak. "Hush a minute and let me finish. I know you love me and want to be with me. But what do you want to happen? When you dream about the future with me what exactly is it you WANT to happen? I want you to seriously think about it for a moment before you answer."

Beth was quiet for a moment and then tugged my hands so that I followed her over to the stools and we sat down once more. In a breathy whisper she said "In my dreams, you and I spend the rest of our lives together. I know I want children but I am willing to give that up if it hurts to much for you after what has happened" Her voice saddened at that part. "Children are a bonus, you are my prize. I want to spend the rest of my life making you happy. I would like to be..." Her voice trailed off. Uncertainty marred her beautiful features as she lowered her head.

I took the first two fingers of my right hand and placed them under her chin and lifted her eyes to mine. "You would like to be... What?" I asked softly.

She searched my face looking I think for a sign that this was a trap of some kind. Finding none she said in a voice so soft I almost missed it "Your wife." She twisted her face away from me and hid her eyes behind her hands. As she turned she stood and started to move away from me.

My heart leapt so hard in my chest I thought it might crack a rib or three. I stood and closed the distance she was trying to put between us. In her attempt to walk away Beth had turned her back and I rushed up behind her. I wrapped my arms around her from behind, laying my hands on her firm tummy, and captured her, holding her as tightly as I dared. Beth stiffened at my touch. I gently kissed her behind the ear and said "That was the answer I had hoped to hear."

She relaxed slightly as I spoke.

"I am not ready to marry you, yet."

She stiffened again.

"I need time to deal with what has happened to me; to deal with the anger and pain. I need time to answer some of the questions that aren't answered yet. But, I want you by my side, helping me put my life back together, answering those questions with me." I turned her in

Chapter 10B

my arms and asked "Will you do that for me, with me, together? And when I am ready... Will you marry me Bethsany Ann Taylor?"

My heart stilled in my chest and I thought with all the palpitations it had gone through today alone I may have to steal Fred's pacemaker. That thought made me smile a little. (Ok so my sense of humor needs a major timing consulting, so sue me!) Turning in my arms, Beth lifted her eyes to mine and I saw the tears falling down her cheeks. Her voice was a breathy whisper and the emotion in it was undeniable happiness.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.