Curse of the Blue Spirit - Cover

Curse of the Blue Spirit

Copyright© 2005 by hammingbyrd7

Chapter 19

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 19 - A story of love, courage, and adventure. Perhaps it's my attempt to write a sexy version of Steven King's "The Stand". This is a direct sequel to my posted story "Path of the Blue Spirit". There is an overlap of a few days, in the timelines of the two stories. Hang onto your seat, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Humor   Uncle   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Petting   Lactation   Pregnancy   Violence   School  

Earth time: 4:14 PM Saturday, November 17, 2012

Aina time: 9:43 PM day 198 of 1410 First day of fourth month of winter (Makule)

"I'm still undecided on this, Hiapo." Kikapua looked around the science-lab room at his council. "Mayoni has also requested she be allowed to stay on Earth when the Path opens. She wants to go to Earth and study genetic engineering. Lois has already announced her intentions to return to Earth. It's her right of course. And now you're proposing that you, Kalea, and Tal leave Aina too. The tribe would lose five of its most talented people. Can the tribe afford this?" Kikapua looked around the room again. "I recognize people need time to prepare for this. I'd like to get this issue resolved tonight. Comments anyone?"

"I remember a quote from Earth," said Anapela. "Fortune favors the bold!"

"So you'd be in favor of letting them all go?"

"Yes. I agree, the five are all highly skilled people. And with all respect to Hiapo and Kalea, I think Mayoni's mind is probably the most brilliant of all. But the whole point of Jumpstart was to rely on the depth of expertise of the tribe, and not have any small number of people be critical. Progress here might move more slowly with them gone, but we'd still be on track. The two biggest dangers to our society are the complete lack of knowledge of how to control the Blue Ring, and the unknown future of the plague. Mayoni wants to study genetics. Hiapo and Kalea want to study the physics of the Blue Ring. If we assume the progression of the Path openings continues, we'll lose four years before we get another chance at this... My advice Kikapua, is to send the people. This is exactly what the tribe should be doing."

The discussion went on, lasting well past 10 PM. Finally Kikapua decided to bring the matter to a close. "Very well. The five people have my permission to go. Thank you all for staying so late. This is Kikapua as leader ending recording." Kikapua shut down the recorder. As the people started to leave, he called out, "Kirahani, would you stay for a moment?"

Kara looked back, said "Sure," and returned to her seat.

Kikapua nodded, and then smiled at Hiapo as he was heading out the door. "Hiapo, rumor has it you might be onstage at the next Red Bird festival."

"Yes, I've heard those rumors too." Hiapo laughed. " * Good * night * old * friend! * "

Kikapua sang the friendship goodbye in response and waited as the last of the councilors left the room. Then he turned to Kara and said, "Ah, the Red Bird festival. It's the best part of the job as leader, to marry the new adults... and the older ones..."

"Yes... I was so nervous the first time I did it. But the second time was pure delight!"

"Kirahani... Kara... Do you want the job again?"

"Well... The elections are two seasons away... But yeah, I've been thinking about running again..."

"Then I will suggest you, at the High Sun festival."

"... Thank you... I suggested you as leader two years ago. Will people be unhappy, if we just pass the leadership role back and forth between us?"

"Oh no. The people still vote and decide, we only suggest. And in our tribal history, the times where two people shared rule were some of the most prosperous periods. People know this. They want stability. You'll win by a landslide, if you choose to run, even with the male vote alone."

"Wow! You think so?"

"Yes. Your first election, you won over 50% of the male vote and 90% of the female vote, right?"

"Yep!"

"That was incredible, picking up the majority of the male vote when the tribe's tradition was you couldn't run at all..."

"I know. It was a great expression of trust."

"You're a known quantity now. The people know how well you rule. I ran the discussion this night partially to let you object. As the next ruler, you will inherit my decision to let these people go. But you were silent, and I saw you nodding at Anapela and the others who supported the idea."

"Yes... I guess I've changed my mind. Kaimi and the other four were so generous to stay a second time, turning a one-year absence into a three-year absence. But Anapela was right. Our needs have changed. More goods from Earth are great and will speed up Jumpstart, but that's not our need now. We should take the risk."

"I agree." Kikapua smiled.

Kara smiled back. "Wow... You really think I'm a shoe-in for the next election?"

"Are you kidding? I thought I did a great job at the last Red Bird festival, but all the comments I got were about how tame it seemed, how nobody could run the festival like you, Va'an, and Anuhea, and how much everyone was looking forward to seeing you in costume again!"

"Yikes!" Kara laughed and blushed deeply. "I surprise myself sometimes, how much I enjoy that ceremony! It's so bawdy!"

"It is indeed!" Kikapua laughed, and then looked thoughtful. "Well, I should let you go. It's late. One last thing though. I'm not saying this as leader, just as one parent to another. Do you know about Mayoni's marriage plans?"

"Huh? No. She's been very quiet lately. Usually the hut is filled with her laughter."

"She's told me. If you can, talk to her... Goodnight Kirahani." Kikapua smiled and left. Kara sat thinking for a moment, then got up and headed home.

When she got home there was no one there except Mayoni, who was already asleep. Kara sat down by her blankets and started petting her head. After a moment, Mayoni opened her eyes and looked at her mom, and then smiled.

Kara smiled back. "Hi sweetie. How are you doing?"

"Okay I guess. How was your meeting?"

"Eventful. Kikapua approved all five of the requests for Earth visits, including yours."

Mayoni sighed. "He and I talked in private, about my plans for Earth. He already assured me that he'd approve my going... Still, I'm very glad..."

"You don't look it... Mayoni... I know you sometimes have an easier time talking to dad, rather than me, but could we talk for a while?"

"Sure mom... Mom, I haven't been trying to... Oh, I don't know... I haven't been talking to dad much either lately."

"Kikapua mentioned that I might want to chat with you."

"Oh... Kikapua is very kind..."

"Is there something wrong sweetie?"

"Well..." Mayoni rearranged her blankets and just sighed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.