The Lady in Blue - Cover

The Lady in Blue

Copyright© 2005 by Wine Maker

Chapter 3: The night belongs to the Hawk

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3: The night belongs to the Hawk - A romantic thriller that starts slowly, but the passion builds as the plot unfolds. A Texas vintner meets a lady in blue at a private club. Sparks fly and tensions build as they tease each other, or as his brother would call it, doing the "Do Me" dance. Then tragedy strikes close and as they explore their relationship, they also find something new as a sexy cop becomes part of the dance. Winner of the January 2006 Silver Clitorides Best Story award.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Group Sex   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Petting   Squirting   Cream Pie   Exhibitionism   Voyeurism   Slow  

Ted's point of view

I sat next to her on the curb, my arm around her shoulders as she sobbed. The smell of fire was still strong in the air. Flashing red and blue lights lined the street. Police and firefighters surrounded the burned out hulk of her car, their radios squawking. The area was cordoned off with yellow crime scene tape the same way they had sealed the street with sawhorses. The Harris County Medical Examiner's van was parked just short of the burned out car.

Other than taking an initial statement, no one had spoken to either of us. The uniformed HPD cop standing nearby had indicated that the bomb squad had arrived and a homicide detective was on the way. All Lisa could do was nod her head and cry. I pulled the blanket that they provided closer around her and leaned her against me. She turned and threw her arms around me, burying her head against my shoulder. Her tears burned my neck, hot and wet.

"Why?" she sobbed. "Why, Ted? Why would someone do this? Oh God!"

I brushed my hand across her head. "I don't know." I didn't know what I could do but I had to say something. "We'll find out. I promise."

As Lisa cried, I heard a low throbbing noise that grew louder. Over her shoulder, I saw a big, black Harley Davidson turn the corner and glide to the curb. My eyes were drawn to the kick stand as a black boot swung it out and set the bike down, the rider shutting it off. As the other boot swung over the bike and the rider unsnapped the helmet, I looked up. Long black hair spilled out as a tall, striking woman removed her helmet and let the rich mane settle across her leather jacket.

The Harley rider strode up to the police and words were exchanged as I watched with some confusion. The police had been shunting people away. Who was she? I saw a uniformed cop point at us and she headed over with long strides.

Another policeman interrupted the Harley rider's march toward us and I could clearly hear what he said. He gestured at the burned out car. "Hawk, the stiff is Calvin Samson. We'll have to wait for the coroner to make a firm ID, though. He's a crispy critter."

I felt Lisa jolt in my arms and then sag. Her crying became almost a wail. I wanted to get up and punch that insensitive bastard!

Hawk grabbed his collar, yanking him close. "You keep your damned mouth shut, Parker. You do that again and I'll see your sorry ass on parking meter duty. I do not need to be called in while off duty and get this kind of shit." She got further into his face. "Now get the fuck out of here before I do something you're going to regret." She shoved him off and as she turned, I could see the mouth working on his enraged face. I'm pretty good at reading lips. He mouthed, "Dyke bitch."

As Parker stalked off, I turned my attention to this Hawk. I could see her sizing us up as she came closer. Then her pace slowed down and an odd expression crossed her face. She cocked her head to one side and I noticed that she seemed to be looking at Lisa. A slow grin, not of humor, but of amusement, crept onto her face and was quickly wiped away.

I looked at Lisa and saw that her knees were spread a little. Her skirt had ridden up really high. Remembering her panties in my pocket, I suddenly realized that this Hawk was looking at Lisa's sex. Flushing, I pulled part of the blanket across Lisa's front. The woman looked at me and shook her head. Then she sped up her step and knelt in front of us.

"Lisa Davis? Ted Stansbury? I'm Detective Shauna Hawkins. I know this is hard but I need to ask you some questions."

Hawk's voice was a little husky and deeper than the average woman's. Her eyes on Lisa had a surprising compassion. She reached out and put her hand on Lisa's knee. Lisa looked up and nodded. "Go ahead."

Hawk nodded to her and then at the destroyed car. "You told the patrolman that the man in the car was Calvin Samson and that the car was yours. What I need to know is why someone might want you or him dead. Can you think of anyone with a grudge against either of you?"

Lisa nodded. "Where should I start?" she asked with a sad laugh. "Calvin and I are - were - Assistant District Attorneys in Galveston County. We've put a lot of people in jail and we have a number of cases in progress." hung her head and I held her. "This is so unreal. I can't believe he's dead."

Hawk looked at me with the greenest eyes. "Mister Stansbury, did you see anyone odd tonight? Was someone watching you? Someone out at the cars when you came out? When Mister Samson got into Miss Davis's car?"

I shook my head. "No, I didn't. We - ah, weren't looking at the car."

Hawk quirked an eyebrow and then slowly nodded. "I see. You were leaving together?"

"Yes," I said. "We were going to go dancing. Calvin was going to take her car, pick her up tomorrow morning and go to work with her."

The detective's eyebrows rose. "On a Saturday? Isn't that a bit unusual?"

Lisa shook her head and used the blanket to wipe her eyes. "Not really, no. There's always more work to be done than can be done in five days. Calvin and I have been working Saturday mornings for over a year together. We have been pulling together some pretty big cases lately, with a lot of research."

"Were you and he romantically involved? Was Saturday all work and no play?" Hawk asked Lisa.

Lisa glared at her. "No. We were just friends."

I couldn't tell what was going on behind those green eyes that were considering Lisa.

"Okay. So, you were going dancing with Mister Stansbury and then what? To his place or back home?" Hawk pressed.

"Back home. I figured we would dance and then be there by midnight or one." Lisa responded.

Hawk looked at me. "Was Ted going to be spending the night?"

Lisa stiffened. "What the hell business is that of yours!" she almost shouted. "I'm over twenty-one and I can damned well sleep with whomever I choose!"

I could tell that the detective was not put off by that response. She chuckled. "Don't get your panties in a twist," she said with a knowing look at me. I could feel the lump of fabric in my pocket. "You can sleep with him or anyone else for all I care. Hell, as good looking as you are, you should have men and women knocking down your door. Have a good time, 'cause you never know. How long have you been going out?"

"We saw each other a few days ago but we didn't even speak. Today is really the first time we've met," I said.

Hawk's eyebrows rose again. She glanced back at Lisa with mingled amusement and respect. "You guys move quick. I like that."

I felt myself heating down to my toes again and Lisa frowned at me. Under the blanket, I took her hand and put it on my pocket where her panties bulked.

Her eyes grew wide and she stared at Hawk, her face coloring. Her knees, even though out of sight, pulled together convulsively. She opened her mouth but nothing came out.

Hawk leaned forward and put a finger on Lisa's lips. "Shhhhh. It's no skin off my nose and you don't have to worry. I get in too much trouble for my lifestyle to cause anyone grief over theirs. I won't tell." She smiled. "Besides, I think Ted and I can agree that the view was great, right Ted?"

I colored again but nodded. Then, clearing my throat, I tried to bring this conversation back into some kind of professional ballpark. "This won't help but I have something else that needs to be considered. Lisa drove the same model and color car I do."

I could see that jarred Hawk. She sat back on her heels, whistling slowly and softly. "No shit? Damn, that does make it a little more difficult. Does anyone hate you, Ted? Enough to see you dead?"

"Yesterday, I would have said no. Hell, I'm still not sure how real it is but I had words with a lobbyist for the wine distributors this morning over legislation that could put a serious dent in their - and his - pocketbooks. He was plenty pissed." I related the details of the encounter as she pulled out a pad and made notes.

"It might be nothing," Hawk agreed. "Then again, maybe not. We'll check him out but we'll play it as more likely Lisa here was the target." She looked back at Lisa. "I'll get someone in your office to get me a list of people that might have you on their hit parade but I do not, I repeat, I do not want you going back into that office until it is full of people. That means Monday and don't get there early. I'd also rather you didn't go home for a couple of days, just in case. I intend to have Galveston PD lend us a hand and search your place just to be sure there are no more surprises. Will you let them?"

Lisa paled and slowly nodded. "You... You think that someone may have been in my house, too?" Her voice was shaky.

Hawk put both hands on her legs, rubbing them through the blanket. "Keep it together, lady. You're tough; you have to be to be a prosecutor. I want to keep you both safe. I'll be wanting the same permission from him. Any objections if I go through your drawers?" She grinned.

Now it was my turn to goggle and Lisa elbowed me. My mouth snapped shut. "Sure, if Lisa has no objection to you being in her drawers, why should I?" I didn't realize quite how that sounded until the elbow returned twice as hard. A look confirmed Lisa was blushing furiously.

"Ted!" Lisa exclaimed.

Hawk just laughed. "You two are sweet. Well, since I have your permission to handle your - things, I'll get that rolling. Lisa, do you have somewhere to go?"

Before Lisa could answer, I spoke up. "She can use a spare bedroom in my place. We have plenty of room."

She looked at me and I could see her thinking about it.

I raised a hand. "No funny business, just a place that is quiet and has some privacy. You have my word."

Lisa blinked and nodded. "Okay, Ted. I'll try it."

I looked at Hawk. "Will you need a more detailed statement?"

Hawk nodded. "Yes, but I can come out and get it tomorrow. I have both your cell numbers. I'll make arrangements for the Sheriff to look over your house when you get there."

Turning her attention back to Lisa, Hawk reached under the blanket and took her hands into her own and leaned forward. "Honey, I'm really sorry for your friend. I promise you, I will nail the bastard that did this. I swear it." The conviction on her face was so strong that Lisa broke into tears again and impulsively wrapped her arms around Hawk, hugging her close.

"Thank you!" she sobbed.

Hawk smoothly slid her arms around Lisa and held her for a moment, putting Lisa's blonde head against her dark tresses. Her green eyes swiveled to me to take in my reaction and she smiled. Then she let Lisa go. "Take good care of her, Ted. I can tell she's special."

I slid my arm back around Lisa, somewhat protectively. Was she hitting on Lisa? Was I jealous? If it were a man, I would be jealous. If Hawk were a lesbian, was it the same as if it were a man hitting on Lisa? I finally just let it go and nodded to her. "She'll be safe."

A man wearing heavy padding came up and interrupted us at that point. "The other car is clean, detective. We can release it."

Hawk nodded. "Thanks, Frank."

I helped Lisa to her feet and pulled her close. "Thank you, Detective Hawkins."

With a grin, she said, "Call me Hawk. Everyone does." She clapped my shoulder in an almost brotherly fashion. "That's what they pay me the big bucks for. Drive slowly and safely. Do not go inside the house without the sheriff's deputies. Got it?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.