A Dream Come True - Cover

A Dream Come True

Copyright© 2005 by Megansdad

Chapter 1

This is the day; the day that I was to report for basic training. Admiral Tompkins informed me that there are two locations for training Marines; Parris Island and San Diego, California. Since I lived in Oklahoma I was sent to San Diego. Other than geographical differences, such as the lack of sand fleas and better outdoor exercise weather for "Hollywood Marines," the training is virtually identical at both locations.*

I asked why they had sent me to Marine boot camp instead of the Navy training camps. Their response was that the Marine training was more challenging—both physically and mentally. Well, I know I didn't need the physical part. I was stronger and faster than any human alive so it must be the mental part that I needed from them.


How wrong I was in that assumption but we'll get to that later.

The military had arranged for my plane trip so all I had to do was find a way to the airport. I used some of the money I got from the drug deal to pay a neighbor to drive me there. The rest I had put in the bank. I had finally spent enough of the money that the remainder would not arouse suspicion. I had arranged for a debit card to be sent to my military address. Showing the bank a copy of my orders allowed them to waive any fees associated with having a debit card. The visa logo made it useable anywhere in the world.

I had planned to set up my military pay on direct deposit so I wouldn't have the hassle of cashing the check, especially when I was in the field on an exercise or mission.


The trip to the airport was uneventful. My driver and I didn't talk much. We really didn't know each other that well but with the money I offered for the trip he agreed to take me. I did know him well enough to know that he and is family could use the money more than I.

I had very little luggage. A small carry on bag was all I had taken with me. I know that I did not need to take anything with me except important documents and the clothes on my back. But I wanted a place to put my civilian clothes and have some clean ones to wear in case I had a chance to wear them.

Day One: Reception Area

First let me say that I have never liked large crowds. Even considering everything that I have been through lately, I was as nervous as a kitten. When I walked in to the reception area I was instructed to remove my clothes but keep my underwear on. Okay, my nervousness just went up another two notches.

I know that the A.I. had been changing my body. I didn't need to eat, my inside were not flesh and blood any longer. How would I explain the things they would notice when they went to draw blood and do a physical?

"DAVIS, JOSEPH!" a Gunnery Sergeant entered the room and yelled my new name. I stepped forward and said, "Here." Apparently that was the wrong way to answer. He immediately rushed over and got in my face.

"HERE, WHAT, PRIVATE!" He yelled at me.

'Well, this is going to interesting, ' I thought to myself. In the calmest voice I could maintain I locked eyes with him. "YOU called MY name, I just announced my presence. First off, I am still a civilian. I haven't signed anything, agreed to anything nor have I taken any oaths. So if you get in my face and yell at me again you will be kissing the floor."

"You think you can take me civilian? Would you like to take this outside?" He said more quietly. I smirked a little, "I'll see you at hand-to-hand training. Until then what did you want?" I said.

"I got a call from an Admiral Tompkins at the Pentagon. Apparently you're something special. You are to bypass the medical examination. So since you have managed to come here without going through the usual channels I will get the proper paperwork together and get you signed up. Have you take the oath and get your first haircut. Then we will get you some uniforms and gear issued.

Now so we can prevent our earlier mistake as long as you are in training you are called a 'recruit' and you call me and other Drill Instructors 'Sir.'

"Thank you for the info. I am not your usual recruit. What I am about to tell you is classified higher than top secret. Now I am not telling you everything, your clearance level is not high enough for all the details. But since I do need your assistance to get through the reception phase I will let you know that I am different. I am here at the behest of the Joint Chiefs and the Pentagon. You may want to rethink your challenge to me when you learn what I can do. I am exponentially stronger, faster and more intelligent than any human alive today. But I lack fighting skills and military strategy. Only the Base and Company Commanders know the full story. It would be up to them to disclose the full story. Until then I just need you to get me past the medical portion of this day. For their records you can put down that I am A negative even though I no longer have blood running through my veins. I don't need to breathe except to talk, but I do still have a heartbeat which still pumps the fluid I do use. Also, I don't eat food as you do. I live on energy; solar, electrical and if necessary I can break down the atoms of matter and absorb the electrons directly from matter. How would I cover up the fact that I don't eat with the men.

I will be the best at everything you teach. Even if I hold back some of my power I will still excel beyond the other men. I am now here for them or for awards or medals. So how can I go through the training with my 'special' differences without the other men finding out something?"

"That is an incredible story. I look forward to seeing proof."

"If you need proof then check out another story. I killed my recruiter because he was CIA and was going to expose me to his superiors. Ask Admiral Tompkins about it and he will verify it. Ask him to make you my handler. You will be personally responsible for my training."

"That can wait; in the mean time let's get to this paperwork."

I filled out all of the papers and signed them. I was now officially enlisted as Joseph Davis."

"Okay. Now let's go down the hall where some other recruits are waiting to take the oath." We walked down the hall and entered a medium sized room. There were about a hundred others both men and women in the room. An officer entered the room.

"ATTENTION ON DECK!" my handler shouted; immediately every one in the room stood to attention.

The officer stepped up to a podium and said, "Raise your right hand."

Every new recruit in the room raised their right hand in preparation for taking an oath to protect the constitution and the country.

"Now repeat after me," He said. "I, 'state your name', do solemnly swear or affirm"

In unison we repeated: "I, 'names stated here," do solemnly swear or affirm"

Officer: "that I will support and defend the constitution of the United States"

Us: "that I will support and defend the constitution of the United States"

Officer: "against all enemies, foreign and domestic;"

Us: "against all enemies, foreign and domestic;"

Officer: "that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;"

Us: "that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;"

Officer: "and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me,"

Us: "and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me,"

Officer: "according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Us: "according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Officer: "Thank you. You may be seated until you are called" Then the officer left the room.

At the time my handler Gunnery Sergeant Powell spoke up and called my name. "Recruit Davis, come with me."

I stood and walked to the door where Drill Instructor Powell was standing.

"While you were taking the oath I called Admiral Tompkins and verified your story. Needless to say he wasn't happy that you told me anything at all but admitted that I could be helpful to you. He has submitted a special request for my increased security clearance. I will request a meeting with the company commander and you can explain everything there."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.