A Dream Come True - Cover

A Dream Come True

Copyright© 2005 by Megansdad

Chapter 3: Discovery

Author's note: Some of the ability ideas I got from "Rise of the Phoenix" by Guyver. That story can be found on www.ewpub.org Credit given where credit is due.

It has been more than a month since I met and become one with an alien A.I. I had ceased being afraid of the AI and just accepted the fact that it was a permanent part of my brain.

I have been working with my new abilities very discretely and trying to keep a low profile. I have considered contacting the military in order to convince them to share some of their training techniques and technology. The AI had knowledge of the alien technology but I was reluctant to share that knowledge with Earth forces because of their immaturity and hostility towards each other.

So for the last month the AI, which I have come to call Al, short for Albert, and I have been working on the newest of the abilities. I have conquered fear, which was one of the first things to change. While I still have my morals and ethics, and a strong since of honor. So now that I am not afraid of people, not afraid to harm another human being, I am still in control and know when to act and when not to.

Recently we have been working on telepathy and telekinesis. When the telepathy first kicked in it was a nightmare; all those voices at once. Al explained it as a ship's radio receives all radio wave indiscriminately all at once; but uses filters to separate the frequencies. That is what you must learn to do. With six billion people all thinking at the same time you would go insane if you had to listen to them constantly. So Al taught me to filter out the voices that I didn't want to listen to. That would come in very handy when I did finally decide to reveal myself to the US military.

Today we are going to work some more on the telekinesis. I have learned to do quite a bit. When I am fully charged I can even fly.


<You have done well with telekinesis brute force methods; now I want you to work on finesse. It is one thing to smash in a door when your enemy already knows your coming, it is entirely different to just unlock it and open it quietly when you need to remain unnoticed.>

"Yes I see your point. Let's try the front door. I'll lock it with the key and work from there."

<Agreed>

I went into the living room and checked the front door. It was already locked so I knelt down and looked at the lock.

<Good. Now we are going to try something different. Remember with the brute force method you just sent out the energy to affect the object. This time I want you to send out your consciousness. Imagine you are leaving your body and moving toward the lock.>

"Wow, this is a weird feeling. The colors are so much brighter, sounds so much clearer. I can hear sounds that I never heard before; see colors in both the infrared and the ultraviolet ranges. How far away can I get from my body?"

<Unknown at this time. We will experiment with that at another time. Now I want you to move closer to the lock and enter it.>

"I can see the tumblers."

<Now gently send out your telekinetic energy. Line up the tops of the tumblers and turn the cylinder>

Slowly I manipulated the tumblers and the cylinder turned the first time. I was excited and continued to lock and unlock the door several times before I felt comfortable enough to move on. I became proficient enough that I only had to visualize the lock in order to manipulate it. I tried the visualization method with all of the locks in the house before moving on to other things. Some of the things we did was move small objects within the room; then we tried televiewing (moving my consciousness to other places to see without being there) and telekinesis at the same time. Through Al's patient tutelage I became so proficient that I barely had to concentrate in order to use my abilities.

The nanites had done wonders to my physical body. I was really impressed with the new me. My muscles were bigger, my diabetes was gone, I could run for over twenty miles and barely breathe hard. My cardio vascular system was in excellent shape. I would guess that I could run indefinitely as long as the sun was up. After sunset my energy dropped continuously as I used the energy. Luckily I could recharge just by moving into the EMF (electro magnetic field) of the city's power lines or if the need arose by touching them directly.


Another week of practice and I was ready to try a practical application. Al and I agreed that practice can only accomplish so much as we set out to look for trouble. I sent out my senses and searched for a crime being committed. It didn't take long for me to find a drug deal about to go down. I took off flying to the crime scene. Quietly hovering a hundred feet above them I assessed the situation and consulting with Al formulated a plan. I ascended to about five hundred feet to make sure I couldn't be heard talking and I called the police on my cell phone. Once I had finished the call I descended to fifty feet. I could see six people. They were trading what looked to be gym bags. I dropped to the ground using telekinesis to land without hurting myself. Immediately all six drew guns and pointed them at me. I quickly engaged the kinetic shield and hoped it would be enough.

"Gentlemen, don't you know that drug trafficking is illegal?" I said with a smirk.

"Who's the fuck is you muthafucka?" one of the guys said to me gesturing with his pistol with each syllable.

"Well after tonight I'll be an object of your hatred," I responded.

"Huh? What the fuck yous talkin' 'bout? You retarded or sumpin?"

Sheesh, the vocabulary of this ignorant gutter trash is astounding. "Let me spell it out for you fucking morons. Your going to hate me because I am going to knock you all out and take your money. I hope you can hear the sirens coming this way. I called the police before dropping in on you like this."

After hearing this and before I could finish they all began laughing. I just stood there. "Fuck you, muthafucka" one said and they all began to fire their guns at me. I instinctively covered my head and could feel the bullets hitting the shield I had in place. Once I realized the shield was working and the bullets were not getting through I stood up and looked at them. They stopped firing and stared at me with their mouths open. I could hear the sirens getting closer so I formed six tentacles of kinetic energy and sent them out to each of the hoodlums; hitting each one in the chest and knocking them to the ground. Although, I did not hit them hard enough to knock them out it did stun them pretty good. I grabbed the money bag and jumped into the air.

I hovered about two hundred feet for a while and watched the cops arrive and take out the local trash. I don't know if it was adrenaline or the energy I had absorbed earlier but I was grinning from ear to ear and loving every minute of it. The excitement of the night was lessening as I drew closer to home but it wasn't lost yet. I ran upstairs and tossed the bag on the bed.

<Pardon me for interrupting your moment but something just occurred to me that we hadn't considered.>

"Yeah, what?"

<What if someone had seen you flying?>

"I wouldn't worry about it. If someone were to report it who would believe it; they would be laughed at. Besides I am planning to announce my presence to the military anyway. Now that I can read thoughts and know when someone is lying to me or telling the truth I feel reasonably safe dealing with the military. Also having tested the kinetic shield against small arms fire I feel I can protect myself from being abducted."

<Point taken.>

"Although I will remain cautious and suspicious I still believe I can remain in control of the situation. If not I can always eliminate any threat to me and take what I want anyway. But I'd prefer not to do that."

I sat on the bed and opened the bag I had taken from the thugs. A low whistle came out as I stared at the huge amount of cash I was looking at. I couldn't take the risk of the government freezing my accounts if I became an enemy-of-the-state so I decided to stash it somewhere. I poured it all out on to the bed and counted it. This was going to be a big deal for such stupid gutter trash; the bag held five hundred thousand dollars in bundles of hundreds. I would be set for some time. I put all but ten thousand back in the bag and shoved it under the bed. Putting the money in my pocket I undressed and got ready for bed.


I now had more money than I had ever had in my entire life and graduation was not far off.


From the night of my encounter with the thugs up until graduation Al and I continued to practice and discuss the coming encounter with the military.

"So, Al, how do you suppose we do this? I had thought about a grandiose display in Washington but that may convey the wrong message. I want their assistance not make them enemies"

<I see your point; it would not be a wise decision to approach such a secure site. Approaching the highest levels of your government is not an option at this point. My suggestion would be to initiate first contact with a lower level agency.>

"Excellent idea; military bases are out of the question. They are armed and tend to become hostile to uninvited guests. We must seek out a representative of a low level agency that does not have the ability to become hostile. At this point the only option would be to make first contact with a recruiter."

<What is a recruiter?>

"A recruiter is a non-commissioned officer whose sole purpose is to talk to people about the military and get them to join."

<I see. Then we only need to decide which recruiter we should approach.>

"Well, there are recruiting offices for all four branches of our military in a city forty-five miles from here. While all four branches have flight capability they each serve a different function. The Army is the main fighting force; the navy is the tie that binds the world together."

<Binds the world together; in what way?>

"They provide transportation for our forces to other continents. Even though all branches have flight capabilities the aircraft have limited ranges from a few hundred to a few thousand miles. So the navy must transport some of the larger and heavier equipment and some personnel. The Air force provides the majority of the air support. Such as cargo and some combat aircraft. The Marines are the front line forces. They are the ones usually sent in first."

<Interesting description of your country's armed forces. Is there anything else?>

"I know that the Army, Navy and Marines have elite fighting forces. The Army has the Green Berets, the Navy has the Seals and the Marines have the Force Recon. All that information still doesn't answer the question of whom do we contact first."

<You are correct. Based upon what you know of your military all branches eventually reach to the President of the US.>

"Yes that is true but he is a civilian; an authority figure only. Since it is technology and training that we require and are in search of then we must seek those that can provide it. If we do so overtly then we will ultimately require the Presidents approval."

<Does that last statement imply that your military does things without your leader's approval?>

"Approval? They do it without his knowledge. Billions of dollars are spent each year on clandestine operations that the executive branch of our government doesn't even know about."

<But how can such this be allowed to happen?>

"Those involved all believe that they are doing it for the benefit of the US; and in a since they are, but it is not for the benefit of the people just the government. Another reason is plausible deniability."

<What is 'plausible deniability?'>

"It is the ability to deny the existence of something because you truly do not know that it does exist."

<Oh, I see.>

"I plan to learn some of the secrets and expose them to the public if they betray me. Now back to our original question; which of the four branches do we make contact with first?"

<Why not all four?>

"Now that's an idea."


That night I flew to the building where the recruiters had their offices. I arrived early in the morning so I wouldn't have to wait but would be there before they were. I had seen the Army recruiter before; he had come to my school and tried to get some of the guys to join up. The others I had never met but they were pretty formidable looking men.

I walked across the parking lot and entered the building. The offices were side by side so I started with the one closest to the door. I entered the Army office and sat in front of the recruiter's desk.

"Can I help you? Are you looking to sign up?" First Sergeant Michaels asked.

"No, I'm not. I have developed a new weapon that I'd like to offer to the US military but the problem is that I am a no body and no one of any worth would deign to talk to me."

"A new weapon, huh? Is this some sort of joke, son; because if it is I don't have time for it."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.