Washed Up - Cover

Washed Up

Copyright© 2005 by Lazlong

Chapter 44

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 44 - Ed Hill had a dead end job and a failed marriage. He figured he was all washed up, until he met a runaway who changed his mind. Then fate stepped in and changed everything again.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Historical   Interracial   Black Female   White Male   Exhibitionism   Slow  

The wagons were roughly surrounding a central, open, area. Mark rounded up all of the people who were going with us and herded them into the open area. When everyone was there he and Jim Crockett climbed up on a freight wagon and he started talking.

"I'm Mark Lester and this is Jim Crockett. I am the Wagon Master of this wagon train and the guide who will get you to where you want to go. I think I've met about all of you at one time or another," he said as he looked around the group.

"My duties are concerned with the wagons, livestock, and the trail. You are responsible for herding your own livestock. You are also responsible for keeping your wagons in good working order. I will be watching you herd your animals. If you cannot take care of them properly they or you will be left behind. I will be inspecting your wagons. If you do not keep them in good repair, you will be left behind. There are over thirty wagons in this wagon train. We can't jeopardize all of these people for one family who can't keep up.

"Jim Crockett is our scout. I say which way to go. It is Jim's job to find the best way for us travel each day. Jim is also fluent in sign language and in several Indian languages. He will interpret for us when we have any contact with Indians.

"Mr. Hill, could you come up here, please?"

I had a bad feeling about this, but I couldn't see a way out, so I did as he asked.

"Ed Hill is going to be the Captain for this wagon train. Normally, we would elect a Captain, but Mr. Hill has over a third of the wagons in this wagon train and almost a thousand cattle. Therefore the job of Captain goes to him. The Captain is responsible for settling any disputes any of you might have with each other. His word is law. In fact, within a couple of days, we'll be out of the United States completely. From that point on, you can think of him as the sheriff, the judge, and the jury all rolled into one. Does anyone have any objections to Mr. Hill being our Captain?"

No one objected, but I thought about it. I looked at Sam and she just smiled. I knew from her expression that she was proud of me and I wasn't about to let her down.

"I want everyone up at first light in the morning, the day after tomorrow. I want all of your teams hitched and your wagons ready to roll by 7:00 AM. I'd suggest you all have a good breakfast. We'll be traveling about ten hours a day until we reach Oregon. Tomorrow you should use to make sure all of your wagons are in good repair. Grease your axles and anything else that needs done."

Mark climbed down off of the wagon and people started making their way back toward their own wagons.

That evening, after we were cuddled in our wagon, we talked about the upcoming trip. We agreed we'd keep our diary going. "You know, Ed." Sam said, "we should also write up some of the things we know are going to be happening in the future. We don't want our kids to be involved in the Civil War. We can prevent that ourselves. There are a million other things we should warn our family about that are going to be happening in the next 160 years."

We talked that over for a while and decided we'd start a personal diary that was just for our families and close friends.

Wednesday, May 3, 1848

Ed: Day 1 - On the Oregon Trail

Low spoken curses and the noises of animals being prodded into position to be harnessed awakened my family. A little thrill ran through me as I realized we were finally doing it. We were finally embarking on the Oregon Trail.

The people in this time period have no idea of the historic significance of the trip we were about to make. My family was well aware that although not many individuals would be remembered, their journeys would still be studied a hundred and fifty years from now.

We did our morning kiss and cuddle, then started getting dressed for our first day on the trail. Our wagon drivers were Clint and Brad White, Jon and Shack Vencille, Walt and Ray Wagoner, Davy Beale, Jesse Cooper, Tuck Holt, Batt McLean, and Roy Silvers.

When we caught up to the cattle, Delia, Dalia, Sarah Beth, Katie, Cassie, Rawhide, Jud, Stu, and I would be helping the drovers move the cattle. Andy and Tina would be spending most of their time hunting. Sally, Cindi, and Jason would help as they learned how. Our drovers were, Ab Hunt, Fred Nelson, Silas Johnson, Kid Brown, and Bronco Lewis.

Cliff Henry and Leonard Burton would be cooking for the men and Maddy and Mina would be cooking for the family. Of course, Sam would be taking care of Becky and M&M would be helping her. I don't think you could get Tommy to leave Andy's side.

When Billy Walker and his group joined us, the three men would help either with the cattle or the wagons. I figured Tizzy would like to help with Becky.


We had eaten breakfast and had everything cleaned up and put away by six-thirty. The horses were saddled and the mules were on lead lines hooked to the wagons. We were as ready to go as we ever would be.

Mark came riding by a few minutes before seven and stopped for a minute. "It looks like everyone is hitched up at least," he said. "We had people on the last wagon train I took out who had a hard time getting their mules or oxen hitched. It'll be interesting to see how things go today. I'm hoping we can make fifteen miles, but I wouldn't wager on it."

"Well, you're the one who knows what he's doing. We'll just follow your lead. By the way, I should kick your ass for sticking me with this Captain thing. I'll bet that's going to be a headache before we get to Oregon."

Mark laughed. "Even more of a headache than you realize. Andy says you've got your head on straight. He says you always know what you're doing. That's why I wanted you for Captain."

"You know, I woke up the other morning and thought that I really wished I knew what I was doing. Seems to me like I just react to things."

"Well, if you react well, what more could we ask."


It was probably closer to seven-thirty when we heard Mark yell, "Wagons Ho!" He told us to have the coach lead out, so we did and then followed with each of our other wagons. The O'Connell wagon fell in after us and it was followed by the Gundersons.

Mark rode up and down the line of wagons and watched them form up. It was quite an impressive sight. Before long, all of the wagons were moving in a long line. I rode up on a little rise and watched them for a while. Sally came over beside me and looked down at the wagons as well.

"Well, we're on our way," she said after a while. "Day one of our journey with only about a hundred and eighty to go."

I had to laugh at that. "We got kicked back in time almost a year ago. Since then, Sam, Cassie and I have been traveling almost continuously. By the time we get to Oregon, I'm going to be ready to sit down under a shade and let my butt put down roots."

"If I remember right, from what I saw, you've got a pretty nice root already."

"Sally, you are incorrigible," I laughed.


Mark had us circle the wagons three different times that day. The first time was when we were only a couple of miles outside St Joseph. We didn't do it perfectly the first time, but it was a lot better than it could have been. By the time we did it the third time, Mark called a halt for the day.

We had gotten word to Stu that we'd be leaving this morning, so he got the cattle moving early as well. He took it slow with them and we caught up with them not long before we called it quits for the day.

All in all, it wasn't a bad day of travel. Mark says we made around fifteen miles for the day and that seems about right to me too. Our Becky is a traveling girl. That's about all she's known in her short life. She is a very good baby. I spent a little time in the coach with her and Sam. I just love to hold her and watch her little face.

I have been amazed at how Becky has taken to me. It's like there is a special bond between us. It's even closer than the bond I feel between Mandy and me. I'm already thinking about how difficult it's going to be when she grows up and gets married. I'm really going to hate to lose her.

Thursday, May 4, 1848

Ed: Day 2 - On the Oregon Trail

We rolled out of bed early again. Thank God, Becky sleeps through most nights. We got dressed and got out of our wagon to find that Maddy and Mina already had breakfast ready.

I told Andy and Stu at breakfast that I'd help out with the cattle starting today. "We've been talking it over and we'd rather you didn't," Andy said. "Mark is the wagon boss, but you are the people boss. If anyone has a problem not related to their wagons, you have to take care of it."

"I can do that when a problem comes up," I told him.

"Probably," Andy said. "But if two guys get into it over something, wouldn't it be better if you knew them? Wouldn't it give you a better idea of who is in the wrong if you knew one of them was a liar and the other habitually told the truth? We think you should take some time to get to know everyone on the train."

"I guess that makes sense. Aren't you going to need me though?"

"If we do, we'll come and get you," Stu said. "We also think we're only going to need about half of the women at any one time. We'll talk to them as we get the cattle started."

"Okay. I guess I can live with that. Be sure to call me if you need me."

They assured me they would.


After the wagons got rolling, I rode beside the coach for a while and talked with Sam. I thought I should probably get to know our drivers, so I brought the young man driving the coach into the conversation too.

"You're Shack Vencille, aren't you?" I asked.

"Yes, sir. My brother Jon is driving the next wagon back."

"Please call me Ed," I said. "How old are you, Shack?"

"I'm seventeen. Jon and I have been talking about Oregon for a couple of years now."

"What made you want to go to Oregon?"

"Well, I don't know how you feel about things, so please don't take offense. The fact is, mom and dad are a little crazy when it comes to religion."

"It'd be hard to offend me, Shack. Crazy in what way?"

"Well... Everything that happened, they'd say that was God's will. If a family had a new baby, then that was God's will. If a child was burned up in a house fire, then that was God's will. If Jon or I wanted to do something, they'd ask if we thought God would want us to do that. If we got in a scrape or something, they'd pray over us for hours. That's besides the prayers before every meal and the prayers when we got up or when we went to bed."

"That sounds like it'd be awfully hard on a young man."

"It was. Now, I believe in God, but I don't believe he regulates everything we do or say. Think of how busy he'd be just looking after all the people on this wagon train, let alone all the people in the country or in the world."

"I understand what you're saying, Shack. Do you know what the golden rule is?"

"Yep. It's a good one."

"It's the way I try to live my life. It's the way I think God would want us all to act."

"I'll agree with you there," Shack said with a big smile.


I talked with Jon Vencille for a while and he told me almost the same things as Shack had. Both boys were very quiet and I figured their upbringing was responsible for that. Jon confided in me that he would eventually like to get married.

"I don't want it to be like the kind of marriage mom and dad had though," he said. "I want it to be more like you or Andy or Stu have. Mom and dad were always polite to each other and I never heard them fight. I never heard them have any fun together either. You three guys have fun with your wives. You all tease each other and you're not afraid to kiss each other. I don't think mom and dad ever kissed."

"Well, surely they did," I said. "They did have kids."

"I don't know if they kissed even then. Dad took me and Shack aside one time and told us that having children was just a duty men and women had to perform to carry out God's word."

"Jon, I can guarantee you that it's a lot more than that."

"I hear all of you guys at night. I know it has to be more than that."


We made a little over sixteen miles today. Mark says that is very good for us just getting started. "We'll be crossing the Missouri River tomorrow," he told us. "Crockett scouted out the ford and he says it is the best he's ever seen it for crossing. I don't think we'll have any problems with it at all."

"Good. I'm going to ride ahead and tell our people with the cattle. They may want to push ahead a little farther tonight and see if they can have most of them across before we get there."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.