Washed Up
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2005 by Lazlong

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Ed Hill had a dead end job and a failed marriage. He figured he was all washed up, until he met a runaway who changed his mind. Then fate stepped in and changed everything again.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Historical   Interracial   Black Female   White Male   Exhibitionism   Slow  

Okay, so this had to be the worst day of my life. I just received my divorce papers today, saying that Missy was no longer my wife. It would have have had to have been today that I received them. After all, it is my twenty-fifth birthday.

I called my parents, thinking I might go over and see them, but after mom had wished me a hurried happy birthday, she said they had to run since they had dinner reservations and then they were going to a play.

I called my sister, Patty, but the phone rang and rang and no one answered. I called my brother and talked to his wife, Anna, for a while. She said my brother was out of town on business and wouldn't be back for a week. After a while, she admitted that she and the kids had just been leaving to go to her parents place when the phone rang. I let her go.

I am ashamed to say I didn't have anyone else to call. I had lots of acquaintances at work, but no real friends. Yeah, there were a couple of guys I played golf with, but none of them would appreciate a call from me on a Friday evening.

I sat and looked at the phone for a while and decided I just had to get away from my shabby apartment. I didn't even bother changing out of the sport jacket and tie that I had worn to work. I went out and climbed into my four year old rice burner (Missy got the good car in the divorce settlement) and went in search of an early dinner.

Even the Szechwan Pork I had at my favorite Chinese restaurant couldn't warm me up. I sat there, picking at my food, while I thought of Missy and about my dead end job. I had always had such high hopes, now I wondered where everything had gone wrong.

Missy and I had been a couple since our sophomore year in high school. We had both been quiet, shy kids and it's a wonder we ever got together in the first place. Our romance progressed slowly and it was at the end of our junior year when we gave each other our virginity.

We were inseparable during our senior year and we arranged to attend college at the same school. We both had to live in dorms our freshman year, but we rented an apartment together for our sophomore year and we were married before we came back to school. I had graduated high school at seventeen and by going through summer sessions, inter-sessions, and carrying a heavy course load, I graduated from college when I was twenty.

After college, I started as a junior engineer with a company that was well respected in the factory automation field. Missy had one more year of college to complete after I had graduated, then she went to work for a large accounting firm.

It took me a year to be promoted to Controls Engineer. During my time as a junior engineer I was traveling to different jobs around the country about seventy percent of my time.

This was hard on Missy and me both, but I was working toward a good future for us and Missy understood. My boss kept telling me that when I was promoted to Controls Engineer, I wouldn't have to travel nearly as much. After my promotion, I still found that I was on the road about sixty percent of my time. Not a real big difference when you get right down to it.

I asked my boss right away how long I could expect it to be before I was promoted to Project Engineer. He said it would be at least two or three years. I guess that's when my depression about my work started to settle in. As the years went by, Missy became less understanding. During the last year before she left me, she became a real shrew.

I tried to find another job, but anything I was offered would have required me to move. Missy was enjoying her job and didn't want to leave it. Toward the end we fought almost daily. This beautiful, sweet, intelligent, sexy woman I had married changed into someone I almost hated.

Then she moved out. I felt like the bottom had dropped out of my universe. I wasn't getting along with my boss either. He had said two or three years for another promotion and it had now been four years. Add to that the fact that he suffered from a severe case of the "Not Invented Here Syndrom" and life at work was almost unbearable. Any design idea that I, or any of the other engineers for that matter, had was shot down because it wasn't his idea.

I finished my dinner and decided to walk in the park that was just a couple of blocks down. I was so out of shape that the walk down there almost did me in, so I found a bench and sat down to brood.

I don't know if I was even thinking as I sat there. It was more like I was just experiencing the despair that had been haunting me all day. At some point I know I started wondering if it was worth going on. If this was the way life was going to be, wouldn't I be better off just ending it?

I don't know how long I sat there. It had to have been hours though. "You don't look like you belong here, Mister," an obviously teenaged voice said.

When I looked up, what wasn't obvious was whether the thin, dirty child standing in front of me was a boy or a girl. "You're probably right," I said. "I just don't seem to belong anywhere else either."

"I know that feeling," the child said. "You really shouldn't be around here after dark. This isn't a very safe place to be after the sun goes down."

"What about you? Is it safe for you to be here?"

"Oh, I blend in. It's easy to see that I don't have anything anyone would want. After a while, most of them stopped noticing me at all."

"Do you hang out here a lot at night?"

"Mister, this is my home," the child said, throwing out his/her arms to indicate the whole area. "You are sitting in my living room. My bedroom is off a ways in a thicket. My kitchen is wherever I can find something someone has left behind."

"God, I'm sorry. I was just sitting here feeling sorry for myself and you have it worse than I do."

The child took a step closer then asked, "Why were you feeling sorry for yourself?"

I don't know why I did it. I had never really gotten over my shyness, so I always had trouble talking to strangers. For some reason I opened up to this child. I told him/her everything that had gone wrong with my life. Before I was half way through, he/she came over and sat on the other end of the bench from me.

I talked until I had run completely down then he/she said, "I'm Sam Wright. I can see why you'd be depressed, but let me wish you a happy birthday anyway,"

"Thank you, Sam. I'm Ed Hill. How did you end up living in the park?"

"Maybe I'll tell you some time," Sam smiled. "You know, you could actually look at this as a way to get a new start. Your ex didn't want to move, but now you don't have her holding you back. The only other thing you have holding you to the area is your family. From what you say, they're not very supportive of you anyway. If they were they'd realize what you're going through with the divorce and would have been there for you on your birthday."

"I guess you're right," I said doubtfully. "It's hard to think straight when you feel like your whole world has ended."

"Yep. I know what you mean. It's been almost a year now that I've been on my own. I just live from day to day, trying to find enough to eat. Trying to keep from freezing to death in the winter and trying to keep others from taking what little I have."

"Sam, it's obvious that you're a runaway. Where are you from?"

"I won't even tell anyone what state I'm from," Sam said. "I don't know if anyone is looking for me, but I wouldn't want to take a chance of having to go back."

"So, what you came from was worse than this?"

"Much."

We sat there for a few minutes more, then Sam said, "You really should get out of here, Ed. I'm going to have to disappear, myself. It won't be but a few more minutes before the losers strung out on drugs start to appear. Neither of us want to be sitting on a park bench when they show up."

"Okay, Sam. I've really enjoyed talking with you. I do have some ideas that I guess I'm free to try now. I need to talk them over with someone first."

"Well, I'm in this area from around four in the afternoon until dark. Maybe I'll see you again and you can bounce them off of me."

As I stood up, I reached for my wallet. I had some cash on me, so I pulled out a twenty and handed it to Sam. "I don't want your money, Ed," Sam said, refusing to take it.

"You may not want my money, but you need it. Buy yourself a good meal. You're a very smart young man, Sam. Think of this as my investment in your future."

Sam giggled, but took the money. "I'm a girl, Ed," she said and then she ran off. She disappeared before I could say anything else.

I walked slowly back to my car. I had a lot to think about. Sam was right. This was my chance to start over.


Even though it was a Saturday, I awoke early. I got up and fixed myself some coffee and a bagel. I took my breakfast out onto my postage stamp sized balcony and enjoyed a surprisingly warm early April morning.

When Missy had left and filed for divorce, I had gone to the phone book and started looking for an attorney. There were dozens listed in the directory. I looked through the pages and was repulsed by the glaring ads of most of them. I grew up thinking that doctors and lawyers shouldn't advertise. I automatically avoided all of them with big splashy ads. I discounted all that said they specialized in divorce or in injuries.

I finally saw a listing that attracted me. All it said, besides giving an address and phone number, was "Saul Levitz - Attorney at Law."

I called the phone number and talked with a nice lady who made an appointment for me to come in the next day. When I got to his office I was again impressed. The lady I had talked to was in her fifties. She was charming and offered me coffee while I waited.

Saul was what I had always thought an attorney should be, he was quiet and distinguished. He was probably in his early sixties, but he carried himself like a much younger man. After I was seated, he asked me what he could do for me.

"My wife has left me and has filed for divorce," I said as I handed him the papers I had been served. "I need someone to represent me."

He looked over the papers and said, "I'd say you do need representation. She states the reason for the divorce as irreconcilable differences, then suggests a settlement that would make anyone think she had caught you in a lover's arms."

"I can guarantee you that's not the case," I said. "We'd been married for seven years and I was completely faithful to her."

"Tell me, Mr. Hill, do you want an equitable settlement, or do you want to roll over and play dead?"

"I don't want a divorce at all," I said. "Is there any way we can prevent it from happening?"

"I'm afraid not. In this state, if one party wants a divorce, it's going to happen."

"Well, in that case, I guess I don't want to be taken to the cleaners."

"Good choice. I know her attorney. I shouldn't say this but he's a shyster, an ambulance chaser. If she went to him, there's probably a reason. I'll give him a call and hint that we're having a private investigator check into her activities over the last couple of years. They may decide on a more reasonable settlement."

I was stunned. Had Missy been cheating on me? I was still out of town a lot, so I guess anything was possible. After I had left his office, I was too depressed to go back to work, so I just went back to my apartment and thought about what Sol had implied.

It was three days later when Sol called me at work and asked if I could meet with him, Missy and her attorney the next day. I agreed that I could.


The meeting went a lot better than I dared hope. Missy's attorney did all of the talking for her. He agreed right off that we'd each keep our own 401K and our IRAs. She wanted the house, but Sol hung in there and her attorney finally agreed that she would pay me for my half of the equity in it. Sol proposed we should each take what debts we had initiated. Missy protested, but Sol just sat there and looked at them. Before long they folded. I was magnanimous and agreed Missy could keep the good car as long as she finished paying for it.

After the meeting, I asked Sol why they had agreed to things so easily. "I don't think you really want to know, Ed. Let's just say I let them know a few things I had found out."

"I think I really do want to know, Sol. Right now I just feel like I've lost the love of my life and I have no idea why."

"On your head be it then, Son. The reason she left is that Missy has had a hard time keeping her legs together. She's been having affairs for the last three years, Now, she's pregnant and the baby isn't yours."

"Oh, shit," I said.

"Don't go blaming yourself for this, Ed. I know you travel a lot, but that isn't the reason for the affairs. She started her first one during a period when you were home for almost three months."

I didn't know if I was better off knowing or if I would have been better off thinking I was totally responsible. I had Sol draw up a will for me and I went in a few days later to sign it. I left everything to my sister.


I sat down this morning and looked over my finances. I had over fifty thousand in my 401K and another twenty-two thousand in IRAs. I had a cashier's check from Missy for the equity in our home that amounted to almost twenty-four thousand. Over all, I had almost a hundred thousand and I didn't have a single debt.

So, what did this mean to me? I could quit my dead end job and look for something else. I could start my own business of some kind. I could take a year off and do nothing while I decided what I wanted to do. I'm sure there were a dozen other options available to me, but I just couldn't see them at this time.

I didn't have to be in any kind of a hurry to make a decision and this in itself made it easier to face going in to work on Monday. I decided I'd give it some time, but I didn't want to put off making a decision too long.

I was a lot more cheerful than I had been yesterday. Hell, twenty-five isn't that old. I had my health, although I was badly out of shape. I vowed I was going to do something about that, starting today. I had enough money to last me two or three years if I was frugal. My rice burner only had thirty thousand miles on it, so it should be good for several more years.

True, I had grown away from my family, but when I thought about it, I wasn't too upset. I was the middle child, and the middle child is often ignored. That was certainly the case when I was growing up. I wasn't mistreated or abused, it just seemed like I was a spare part, so I never got that close with my parents.

I was always a little jealous of my older brother, John. He was the super-star jock in high school. It seemed like he was always being praised for something. He was even praised for getting B's and C's in school, while nothing was ever said about me getting almost straight A's.

I guess I may have been jealous of my sister too. She was a beautiful child and is a beautiful woman. I am just plain old Ed Hill. I'm 6' 1" tall with dirty blond hair and faded blue eyes. I was always a little over weight while I was going to school and that hasn't changed either. Maybe now was the time to do something about that too.

I spent most of the day going through my things. I don't know if I was mentally taking an inventory or if I was looking for things I wouldn't mind discarding. I found some pictures of Missy and me and I burned them in the kitchen sink. I also went out on my balcony and threw my wedding ring as far as I could throw it. Afterwards I felt a lot freer.

During the afternoon, I asked myself what I'd really like to do with my life. Some really fanciful things came to mind, like flying a spaceship to Alpha Centauri, or discovering a new Eden. The thing that kept coming back to haunt me was something I had dreamed about as a kid. I knew it was impossible in this day and age, but it was something I'd always dreamed of.

I'd like to be a homesteader. I'd like to build a house with my own two hands. I'd like to raise my own vegetables and hunt for my own meat. I'd like to be twenty miles from my nearest neighbor. I'd like to own a couple of milk cows and a bull to keep them happy, a few horses and some oxen or mules to pull my plow. Most of all, I'd like a good woman to love me and help me and bear my children.

As I said, impossible, but intriguing. It seems like I was born a hundred years too late.

It was nearly four o'clock when I thought of Sam again. It was what she said about this being a chance to start over that broke me out of my funk. I wanted to thank her for it and see if there was anything I could do for her.


Sam was sitting on the same bench I was sitting on yesterday when I got there. I gave her a big smile and said, "Hey, Girl."

"Hey yourself," she said. "You look like you're in a lot better mood than you were in yesterday."

"Yeah, and it's all because of you," I said as I sat down on the opposite end of the bench from her. "When you came up yesterday, I was sitting here thinking that I was all washed up at twenty-five. You told me I should look at this as a chance to start over. It didn't hit me right away just how right you were, but when I got up this morning I started thinking about all I have going for me. I decided this IS a good chance to start over."

"So, do you have any idea what you're going to do?" she asked with a big smile.

"No, but I know there are going to be some radical changes. What about you, Sam? What would you like to do with the rest of your life?"

Sam sighed and looked nostalgic. "There are a lot of things I'd like to do. I'll probably not be able to do any of them though."

"Like what?"

"Oh, I'd like to explore the galaxy. I'd like to pilot a spaceship to a far off nebula and explore it. I'd have liked to have been alive a hundred and fifty years ago and have traveled across the continent on the Oregon Trail. I'd like to start my own business. I'd like to live off the land and be self sufficient."

I couldn't help myself, I started laughing. Sam looked at me like I'd slipped a cog so I said, "I was thinking this morning about what I'd like to do with myself and your list sounds almost like mine. I'll have to admit you're a little more ambitious though."

"Ambitious, how?"

"I just wanted to fly a spaceship to Alpha Centauri. I didn't think of the Oregon Trail, but that would have been great. I did think of getting some land twenty miles from my nearest neighbor and setting up a homestead. I, too, would like for it to be self sufficient."

"You're not just pulling my leg are you? You really were thinking about those things?"

"Yep. I even went around my apartment looking at everything I have that I wouldn't be able to use if I was in a place with no electricity."

"I've been living without electricity for over a year now. It can be done. I'm not sure I would want to live as rustically as you're talking about though. How about a nice ranch where you'd raise horses or beef cattle? Maybe be remote enough you had to generate your own electricity. I've gotten used to taking spit baths in filling stations, but I'd almost kill for a nice long soak in a tub of hot water."

"Actually, either one would suit me just fine. I think, more than anything else, I'd just like to be independent."

"Would you rather live alone, or have a family?'

"I was thinking about that this morning too. I'd rather have a wife and kids. I'd like to raise my kids with what I think are proper morals and values. I'd like for them to grow up feeling safe and loved."

"Amen to the safe and loved. What do you consider proper morals and values?"

"That's easy. I believe in the Golden Rule. They should be taught to treat others as they'd want to be treated. Anything else is bullshit."

"What about the other biggies like lying and stealing and committing adultery?"

"All of that is covered by the Golden Rule. You shouldn't lie to someone because you wouldn't want them to lie to you, etc."

"You are an amazing man, Ed. You know, when you think about it, the Golden Rule does cover about everything else. The only things I can think of that it doesn't cover are about worshiping God and honoring your father and your mother."

"Sam, I don't believe in honoring someone just because they are your father or your mother. I believe you have to earn honor or respect. If they are honorable, people will honor them. If not, then pee on them."

Sam giggled and said, "I agree with you completely. You did skip the worshiping God thing though."

"I did it intentionally, Sam. I'm comfortable about how I feel about God, but I tend to make other people uncomfortable, so I try not to talk about it."

We sat quietly for a few minutes, lost in thought, then I said, "I'm thinking about taking an extended vacation. I don't have everything planned out yet, but I'm thinking of taking a tent and some camping gear and staying on the road until winter. Before I go I'd like to do something to help you. What could I do that would help you the most?"

"Wow, that's a hard question," she said and then she just sat there thinking for a while. "If I showed up here with new clothes, people would notice and I wouldn't be safe. If anyone saw me spending money I'd be dead by dark. Besides that, you don't owe me anything."

"At least let me treat you to that hot bath you mentioned, we could wash your clothes and I could fix you a nice dinner at the same time."

"You want me to go to your apartment with you?"

"I didn't realize how that sounded, Sam. Okay, how about I rent you a room in a hotel that has good room service and valet cleaning? I would stay away completely."

"You know, Ed, I don't think going to your apartment would bother me. I believe you are one of those truly honorable people."

"Thank you, Sam. We can do it any way you want."

Sam stood up and reached her hand to me. "Where's your car?" she asked.


When we got to the apartment, I showed Sam around. I found her a nice robe to wear and showed her where the washer and dryer were located. I dug out some shampoo and conditioner that Missy had left, then I went off to fix dinner.

I pulled two Porterhouse steaks out of the freezer then quickly defrosted them. Then I went out on the balcony and got my charcoal grill going. I knew it would take about forty-five minutes before the charcoal was ready, so I went back inside and cleaned a couple of potatoes and got them ready to nuke in the microwave.

I made a couple of nice salads using different kinds of lettuce and mixed up a batch of my own salad dressing. By the time I had the salads and dressing made, I figured it was time to put the potatoes in the microwave and to put the meat on to broil.

I knocked on the bathroom door and asked Sam how much longer she was going to be. She said twenty minutes, so I told her dinner would be served in twenty minutes. I put the potatoes in the microwave and started it and waited about five minutes before starting the steaks. While the steaks were cooking, I set the table and got out some sour cream and some condiments.

I was just setting everything on the table when Sam came in dressed in my oversized robe. She looked at the table and her mouth fell open. "I didn't expect this, Ed. I figured you'd serve ravioli out of a can or something."

"I like to cook. I've been cooking for myself since I was a teenager. This is just a quick throw together meal."

"Well, I'm impressed," Sam said, then she started digging in.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.