A Real Campaign
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2005 by lsilverlyn

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 3 - It was just another play by email game. Then again, perhaps it was something more.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Magic   Fiction   DomSub   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

It was truly dark. Banks of stormy clouds filled the sky entire, stretching from horizon to horizon, but there was not even the faintest glimmer of sunlight or starlight from beyond. The mountainside was not quite stark, steep as it was, for scraggly clumps of stubborn vegetation clung to its flanks. Jutting boulders and scree were all there was to see nearby, and the vista ahead was full of hills and baby mountains with little to adorn them.

The strangest thing was the silence. There was no sound of animal life, no rustle of leaves. The light breeze was a knife edge of cold.

"Just lovely, eh sweetness?" Maia's voice was bitter. "Can't you just find this Nansheen and teleport us there directly? I don't think we really want to meet the natives."

"Can't argue with you there," the black clad sorceress nodded sharply, "but it's just not possible. I tried to scry, and there was just nothing. I need more information to teleport, something beyond just a name. As well, I think we're better off not advertising our presence by using any greater magics. There's a reason we appeared where we did, and there's a reason we were granted so much power. Where there's power, there's always a greater power. Even if we can go through these natives of yours like a hot knife through butter, we're better off playing it slow and easy. I'm more of a battle mage than a diviner, really," she sounded annoyed, "and there's only so much I can do. Miracles are for priests."

"So we just pick a direction in random... might as well go straight ahead, if the location we appeared in really is significant, and fly?" Maia asked.

"I think it would be wiser to stick close to the ground," Lyralis shook her head in negation. "Listen to the silence. We can expect attack from god knows what... make that gods know what," she smiled ruefully, "at any moment. Over anything groundborn, we'll have the advantage of flight. Anything flying will likely be faster, and blasts of power will show further. Makes sense?"

Maia considered the matter for a moment, and nodded. "Thataway, then," she pointed between the hills that rose to face them. "Ahem... your wings?"

"I don't need wings to fly," Lyralis smiled, and the vampire realized that she was standing on air.

For near half an hour, they skimmed the ground and darted betwixt hills, heading in a specific direction that was nothing more than a shot in the dark. The hills were mostly bare, and the vegetation they noticed was not the green of plants that depend upon the sun, but more gray or brown. Clumps of fungus and mushrooms, with nary a scraggly tree in view. The conclusion that the world was quite literally shrouded in night was inevitable, and left both concerned.

From one such clump of growth emerged a huge beast, a six-legged rhinoceros-like sickle-clawed monstrosity with dark pebbly scales, charging with a speed that seemed too great by half for something of its size.

Lyralis was instantly twenty meters above, well out of reach. Maia's automatic reaction was the exact opposite.

Long platinum hair streaming behind her, the vampire ran, for once touching the ground, directly at the charging monster. A blurring silhouette of movement, Maia caught the great horn, her gauntlet protecting her from the razor sharp edges. She used her hold to raise herself in a somersault that brought her feet down, with all her strength and the momentum she'd acquired, upon the creature's skull.

The sound of impact was thunderous. Maia was thrown into the air, and spun instantly, arrowing down upon the wounded thing. While her blow had not sufficed to crush the skull, it had stunned the thing, and it lay on its side with a large dent imprinted upon the head. Somehow, it seemed diminished, shrunken despite its enormous size, the scales darker and darkening further yet as shadows seemed to creep on them.

One carefully placed blow of her fist was enough to slay it, and Maia looked down at the corpse, her entire posture radiating contempt.

"Well," Lyralis blinked into view, just beyond arm's reach of her, "now we know why it's so very quiet. With nasties like this, it's no surprise that the average local is either quiet or nonexistent. Could you just smash the next one, instead of draining its life and vitality like that? If we do find any locals, we could use the meat and all for trade. It'll also be the clearest 'don't fuck with us' I can imagine. And before you erupt," Lyralis hurried her speech in the face of the frown on Maia's face, "you would have been equally insulted if I'd offered any help against a mostly mundane creature. It did have some magic, mostly camouflage for ambushes, added speed and impact. That horn carries some residual power, too. But there is a simple reason I use magic as little as possible. Do you remember what I told you?"

"Which 'told' is that?" Maia asked sarcastically.

"Concerning the fact that I am magic. Carry that through to its logical end," Lyralis replied calmly.

Maia breathed deeply, noting how much easier it was to become annoyed with her companion when she was not in her true form, where her mere physical presence proved such a terrible distraction. "Logical end? What are babbling about? Please, no riddles. I'm sure we'll face a few soon enough, you don't have to torture me. Unless you want to find a convenient cave?" she asked slyly.

Lyralis flushed slightly, the thought of another timeless session of pure pleasure sending a tingle down her core. "We've barely made any headway. Be serious," she shot her lover a pointed look.

"Very well, I will explain. As I don't use magic so much as I am magic, every spell and bit of energy I throw diminish me. It's the price I pay for being so much more than the ordinary wizard. Oh, it would take a great deal before the batteries run dry, but I figure that I should save it for when it's really necessary. Sometimes you only get one chance, and we need to be ready. Makes sense?"

"Sure," Maia grinned, "you're a lawyer. It always makes perfect sense for you when others do the dirty work."

"Very funny," Lyralis sniffed, "and please stow the lawyer jokes. Or I'll start on blondes, or torment you with riddles.

"Anyway," Maia very deliberately changed the subject, "the thing should be edible, drained of life or not. Can you use the horn? How do we carry it? I have a few extradimensional stores, naturally, but none are large enough for even one of these."

"Easy enough," Lyralis said, and the corpse vanished. "I only have one storage space, but it's plenty big enough. I can probably use the horn," she shrugged, "if we really need to make something. I do lug around a full lab. That's what the sleeves are for," she gestured like a stage magician, and a wilted flower appeared in her hand. "What?" she said in dismay. "Let's see what we can find on you," she plucked at Maia's ear, producing a large centipede. "Eew, gross. Something eating you up?"

"Oh please," Maia groaned, "enough stunts. I thought you were saving your magic for blowing mountains up? Anyway, we've wasted more than enough time on the critter. Which raises another point," she pursed her lips as she floated up, and the two resumed their flight. "Is there a time factor? Most of these quests incorporate one. If the others get to this Brazen Portal without us..."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.