Wednesdays - Cover

Wednesdays

Copyright© 2005 by Robin Pentecost

Chapter 39: Meeting

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 39: Meeting - Six men and women get together for drinks and dinner on a Wednesday. It becomes a regular thing, and the friendships they develop bring them into one loving family.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Slow  

Toni, Dana and Melanie met early at Toni's office on the day of the meeting with Dana's corporate management. They were joined by two models who had driven up from Denver to show the clothes. Toni took them into the workroom and gave them instructions.

The three friends were dressed conservatively — as each of them defined it. Dana wore a blazer, blouse and skirt; Toni a charcoal gray ankle-length dress that fit her well, but its double row of brass buttons down the front was at once both concealing and eye-catching. Melanie wore a navy worsted double-breasted suit with a skirt that extended to just above her knees.

"I had to have this cleaned three times, just to get rid of the smell of moth-balls, ' she quipped. "And this... ' she indicated the heavy strand of pearls at her neck, rolling her eyes and chuckling deeply.

Precisely on time, their three guests arrived. Phil Prokosky, company president, was stocky, dark and energetic. Candace Philburn, chief financial officer, was slim and intense. The third member was Sandy Chang, Dana's boss. Toni offered drinks, served Diet Cokes and mineral water. When everyone had settled down, Dana began.

"As I told you in earlier meetings, ' she said, "I have been talking with Toni and Melanie about the possibility of our company developing its business into a line of clothing aimed at women who want clothing that attracts attention on the sensual level.'

Phil interrupted, "Come on, Dana, let's not get cutesy here. We're here to see sexy clothes you think we can sell. Open a new market. Please, try and cut the bullshit to a minimum.'

Dana glanced at Candace. "Well, sure. We're talking sexy clothes, however we may eventually describe them. Are we agreed?'

Candace replied. "I agree we're talking sexy clothes. I don't agree we're going to market them. I want to talk about your business case, and there's other issues we need to look at, too — like what a line like that does to the rest of our business. Go ahead.'

Dana resumed. "You've seen the business case we prepared, and I feel it presents a good base for long-term revenue and profit growth. Candace, you've seen it and we've discussed it briefly. What do you think?'

"I went over it carefully last night, Dana. It's a good plan, as far as it goes.'

Phil asked, "Okay, Candace. What's that mean? Is it good or not? For us, I mean.'

Candace looked smug. "The plan, like all business cases, projects good growth, a good return on assets — really, this one is more conservative than most. The trouble is, I have no idea what it's based on, and no idea of the relative... ' she noticed Phil's impatient shake of the head and cut through her own jargon. "Phil, I don't know yet how far I can trust the assumptions. That's the issue.'

Phil nodded. "That's what I feel, too.' He turned to Toni and Melanie. "I'm sorry. We haven't given Dana a chance to do introductions. I've seen your resumes, of course.' He looked at Toni. "Toni Francisco, right?'

"Right, ' Toni said.

"You did the uniforms for the Extreme Sports championships, right?'

"Yes. And I'm doing a line for Droger Supermarkets, too.' She smiled at Phil. "Just so you don't think everything I do is skin-tight.'

Melanie spoke up. "I'm Melanie von Dwingelo. I run a store here on the Mall. I was the one asked Toni to start developing these things for me; I needed something with quality: up-market, sexy clothes.

"Yeah, you're 'Dirty Duds', right? I like the name. Cuts through the crap.' Phil turned back to Dana. "Okay, I think the reason I'm here is to see if these things you want us to sell are any good. Candace has her doubts. Let's get on with it.'

"My doubts, ' Candace said, "for the record, are that this stuff is anything we'd be caught dead selling. The figures are good, but I've never seen any clothes like you describe in the business plan that anyone would spend good money for.'

With a glance at Dana, Toni rose. "Candace, you have a good point. With few exceptions, it's hard to buy sexy clothing in this country that isn't cheap, flashy, shoddy or that doesn't make you look like a tart. I've tried to avoid that.'

Toni turned to a flipchart on a stand. She lifted the cover sheet and gestured to the points as she made them. "My main business is designing work clothes. They have to be good quality, durable and reasonable in cost. I'm convinced we can provide the designs we propose here today with that same quality. I work with production sources in the Far East and South America who know my requirements, and they tell me they can meet my quality requirements for these designs. In fact, they are interested enough in getting into new lines they're being quite competitive in price.'

She turned to Phil. "Phil, you need to see what we're talking about. I'm going to let the clothes speak for themselves.' She turned to Candace, "And, I'd really appreciate it, if you would look at these things very carefully. Of course, they're hand-made samples, but you can be sure that the production will be the same quality. In every case, I know the fabric and findings are available and in most cases I have a firm bid on production from people I trust.'

Toni went to the workroom door and signaled the models. She stood by the door as the show began. The first two dresses were the cut-out cocktail dresses she had made for Dana and Jenny.

"Wow, ' Phil said, then lapsed into a deliberately quiet inspection of the dresses and their contents — from afar. Candace, however, beckoned to first one model, then the other. From her chair, she closely inspected the fit and construction, without touching either of the women. She asked them to show her the hems and seams of the garments and even, at Toni's suggestion, looked to see how the enormous U-shaped cutouts were reinforced against the wear imposed by the clips that held things together. She fingered the fabric.

"These are in black. Do you plan other colors?' she asked. Toni nodded and explained the proposed color schemes, turning up a chart page of swatches.

The next item was the blue bib overall Melanie had liked so much. Once again, and for the rest of the show, Phil — and Sandy, as well — withdrew into amazed silence as they looked over the display of flesh and fabric. Candace continued her painstaking examination of every item.

It was nearly two hours before the show was finished, ending with Toni's sideless beach creation presented with a variety of almost irrelevant cover-ups that simply made the total effect more exciting than the shift alone. While they took a break, the models dressed and left.

Toni placed a stack of illustration boards on the easel.

"I didn't want to discuss these while the models were here — there's no secrecy in this business. But, these are some of the ideas I have for further designs.' She quickly went through the boards, showing swatches of fabric and the occasional finding that made the design click.

"Finally, ' she said, "this is a major part of the proposal. I have here half-a-dozen garments that we got from others — other designers or manufacturers. Some of them are things Dana picked up in London or Paris, others are from friends of mine.' She held up the dresses, set them on hangers where their guests could see the effect. Candace examined them all carefully.

"What is it about these things from Europe? Why are they special?' she wanted to know.

Dana replied. "I got these two, ' she pulled them forward, "on Oxford Street in London. It's the classiest shopping street for women's clothes in London. These... ' she indicated two more, "come from Paris, on the Boulevard St. Germain, and from the rue de Rivoli, definitely high-end shopping.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.