Wednesdays - Cover

Wednesdays

Copyright© 2005 by Robin Pentecost

Chapter 16: Meeting

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 16: Meeting - Six men and women get together for drinks and dinner on a Wednesday. It becomes a regular thing, and the friendships they develop bring them into one loving family.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Slow  

"Sheldon, this is Sylvia Denton. She's our architect on the new building." Rudy waved to the small woman at the conference table. She rose to greet Sheldon. She wore a tan gabardine suit with a long, slit skirt and a tailored white blouse.

"Nice to meet you," she said. Her dark eyes gazed steadily at Sheldon, somehow watchful.

"My pleasure," he replied and shook her hand.

Rudy led the meeting. "Sylvia is with Jones, Jones and Schildwachter here in Boulder. She's the lead architect on this project, and I've given her the information you've already seen on what the company wants. You've both been out to the site and know what's up there as far as utilities, access and so on.

"Sylvia, Sheldon is the one you'll be dealing with on our side. He has the full support of management and unless you two can't agree on something, he's the decision-maker. If either of you has to escalate, you come to me. Policy decisions come from the Board, of course, but I think most everything is clearly defined."

Sylvia's surprisingly deep voice interrupted. "Rudy, we need to talk a bit more about the general specifications and the scope of work on this. I don't think you've addressed everything you need to in your RFP.

"But I shouldn't interrupt. Sorry."

Rudy nodded. "Well, then, that's your first task, Sheldon. Make sure you and Sylvia have what she needs on this. There's not much argument about which firm is going to do this - Dennis Jones is our CEO's uncle." Rudy leaned back with a grin. "But, if I know the boss, he's turning the screws on Dennis's fees already. I'm pretty sure we've got a good outfit working for us.

"Why don't the two of you go at it? Call me if you need me. And, Sylvia..."

The dark eyes turned toward Rudy.

"Sheldon has gone through this very thoroughly, met with the boss and knows what we want. If he says something is okay, it is. If he has any doubts, he'll bring them up to me."

"That's good to know, Rudy. Thanks," Sylvia said.

When the door was closed behind Rudy, Sylvia took off her jacket and hung it over a nearby chair. She turned to Sheldon. "You've got strong support, at least right now. I hope it lasts."

"It will, as long as I do my staff work. I've been with the company three years now, and they try to do things by the numbers, loyalty up and down - all that.

"We put a lot of work into the RFP. What's missing?"

"In general, only two things, although there's a lot of detail we need to discuss and clarify. The two big problems I have are that you haven't defined the style or appearance factors you want us to consider in the design. The other is that you haven't given enough thought to expansion of the intelligence functions in the building. As it stands, you're going to run out of network and workstation space in about two years. And there's a lot of smart environmental things you could be using to save operating cost."

Sheldon leaned back in his chair. "The appearance and style issues are basically up to you. The boss told me he wants a 'handsome building', but that exactly what it looks like is up to you. I have some ideas I want to discuss with you, but I agree with him - what are architects for, after all? If we wanted a concrete-block taxpayer, we don't need you; any contractor can build that. The smart environmental things are your expertise, too. We just need to stay on budget."

Sylvia's eyebrows were raised. "That's quite a surprise. I hope it really works out that way."

"It will, but I don't understand what you mean about intelligence functions. I mean, I know what they are, but why do you think we've slighted them?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.