New Start : Luke's Story - Cover

New Start : Luke's Story

Copyright© 2005 by mrrx

Chapter 22

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 22 - Luke is a guy going nowhere fast. By remaking himself, can he find happiness?

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Oral Sex   Slow  

Ellen marched into Luke's office bright and early. She was definitely not someone intent on giving up.

"I think you and I should discuss our past. I think if we reevaluate the way things ended we can come to understand that we are beyond that in our relationship. And you'll learn that Jessie is just a rebound thing for you. Long overdue but definitely a rebound fling," she sermonized.

Luke smacked his hand to his forehead. He paused before saying, "I think you're right." He could feel a burn in the back of his skull. He knew she was watching.

"Huh?" Ellen responded.

'You are right. Undeniably. I've been thinking about everything you've said. I've thought of nothing else."

"You have? You haven't?"

"Nope."

"And?" she asked

"I think you hit the nail on the head. I definitely need to investigate my feelings for you. I think I'm going to have to do some drastic things."

"Drastic things? Like what?"

"I'm going to have to break up with Jessie," Luke said with a grimace.

"You are?"

"And then I am going to move in with you and your daughter."

"You are?" Ellen repeated in a shocked voice.

"Yep. You and Claire will love to share an apartment with me," Luke said with a smile. Poor little Marie he thought to himself.

"Claire? Who is Claire?" she asked.

"Silly sweetie. Don't you know your own daughter?" he chuckled.

"My daughter is Marie," Ellen said sternly.

"Claire, Marie. Close enough," Luke replied with another laugh.

"But, but..."

"Maybe we should just get married. And start popping out our own Claire's. Or maybe you can meet my parents. They'd love you. You'd love them."

"We can? They would? I would?"

"Darling, what else should we do? I can't wait to spend every minute with you. Dare I say, every second."

"But... ," she stammered in desperation.

"You are so excited that you barely make sense, honey pie," Luke said.

"I don't..."

"Oh but you do. You do have it all in your grasp. You won. I'm back in your life. I will be with you every moment. Ready to be the Luke that I was before. Nice safe dependable. So we can lead a sensible life. One of true moderation."

"And Cl... Marie, would love me. I will play Sesame Street with her. And we will have tea parties," Luke continued.

"Uh, yeah this is, uh, fine and great. Wow, you are really ready for this. I think we are moving too fast. Let's wait just a minute," Ellen asked hesitantly.

"Why wait? Why sip from a cup when we can drink from the river? I can't wait to just smother you both in attention," Luke smiled the large Cool-Aid smile.

"Oh, I have that meeting that I forgot about. Let's talk later." Ellen turned and hi-tailed it out in a panic.

It took Luke a couple minutes to finally stop laughing. He picked up the phone and let his fingers press the buttons they knew so well.

"Yes," was the cold response.

"I didn't even have to turn around to feel you laser beaming this way," Luke responded.

"Who is this?"

"Your fiancé. The love of your life."

"Who?" "Luke Bennett," he replied dryly.

"Oh him," she retorted.

"Well, as you no doubtedly are aware, I had a visitor this morning."

"I saw that."

"Are you up for hearing about it? You know you have nothing to worry about," Luke stated seriously.

"I know. Yeah, let me hear it."

"Well, I tried a new approach. And it's working. I am agreeing with her."

"Excuse me?" her reply could be generously referred to as frosty.

"Well, I think she wants someone she can't have. So all along this has been some attempt to get something that is out of reach. Not to sound too arrogant, but I am the 'forbidden fruit'."

"Okay."

"So I have her reeling. I have made her start thinking about what she'd do if it really did happen. If she and I really were to get back together. And worse than that, I am taking the things that she didn't like about me then, and making it 10 times worse. She wants stability, I've got a knitting and crocheting book that I am sure she'll love. She wants responsibility; I've got the 24 hours of BARNEY live at the Acropolis for her and her daughter. You should have seen her. Her eyes were ready to fall out of her head. She was backpedaling faster than a politician after the election. Lance Armstrong couldn't do it any better."

"What are you going to do if she wants all of that? Or calls your bluff?" Jessie asked.

"I'll just have to think of something else. I am fine with your money. Everyday I feel a little bit better. But I don't want to get to the point that I just quit my job during the tough times because I know we're rich."

"I know. But be careful."

"Danger is my middle name. It'll work out."

After lunch, Ellen was back in his office.

"Pretty slick," she said.

"Huh?"

"And I almost fell for it."

"Fell for what?" Luke asked.

"So what's next?"

"What do you mean?"

"I was almost running back to my desk this morning. Then after a couple hours of stewing I realized what you were doing."

"What was I doing?"

"You were trying to scare me off. Trying to show me that what I wanted was not the same as what I thought I wanted. Am I really that unattractive a prospect?" her bravado almost failed her on the last question.

Luke realized that he underestimated her intelligence.

"Honestly, you are. But anyone who isn't Jessie is unattractive. Its not looks, you are very pretty. It's more than that," he lamely explained.

"Oh."

"Please tell me this worked. That I am not going to have to worry about you," Luke pleaded.

She thought about it for a while. Maybe it was a cruel minute before she finally spoke.

"It worked."

He sighed a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Thank you."

"It wasn't what you said, it was the fact that you were willing to go to such preposterous steps to get away from me," Ellen admitted.

"Oh."

"I'll leave you alone," she said quietly.

"Okay."

"I think I was just a little..." she tried to explain.

"I know lonely. The loneliness of accepting. The loneliness of doubt."

"Yes."

"But that will change."

"I hope," she said before leaving. Her back straight, but the droop of her shoulders made her seem wounded.

He watched her go. Ellen wasn't a demon or an angel. She was just someone looking for the things that everyone looks for. Trying to fly somewhere in the middle where humans have enough trouble dealing with human things.

The party was a semi formal Hill family affair at the country estate. It was the place that Jessie had taken him to after their first date. Luke loved the inside of the house or manor or whatever you called it, almost as much as he loved the land around it.

He was being hugged by Mel and Barbara. His hand shaked by Paul and Jake. He was on the receiving end of more smiles and good wishes than he thought was possible. And Jessie looked so happy. She would flutter off to quickly chat with a couple people, but then always land back next to him, holding his arm.

Before the party got into full swing, Doug rounded up Jessie and Luke and led them to another room.

They stood in the back room. It was a den with dark woods, a fire place, overstuffed bomber jacket leather furniture. Luke loved the room, it was warm and masculine. All that was missing was a snifter of brandy and a fire going in the fireplace.

"Here it is," Doug said, pressing the paper to the top of the gorgeous cherry desk.

"Here it is?" Jessie asked.

"A standard pre-nuptial for you two to sign," Doug responded. "I had our lawyer draw it up."

"Now. Here," Jessie said sharply a little incredulous.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.