P I And Magic - Cover

P I And Magic

Copyright© 2005 by Volentrin

Chapter 40

Our trip to Disneyland, which I had decided would be a day long outing, turned into three days. There is, very simply, more to see than you can fit into one day. Mirwanna was hooked from the first. I got us a hotel room in Disneyland itself and we did the rides, the shows, everything. She overloaded on trying to look at everything and do everything.

She was also getting hooked on TV. One night she excitedly told me a brand new episode of a show she had started watching was due out. I looked at her with astonishment! I was so glad I had not gotten around to copying my, 'Arch Angel', program for her as I had originally intended to do.

I had to smile at her reactions, over all. She was like a kid discovering things for the first time... which in a very real sense, was the truth. I told her that this was our last day, and that we would be gating back to the palace at the end of the day. She agreed, and wanted to ride Space Mountain again. Then she wanted to go to a spa later, as she had an appointment. I agreed.

While she was at the spa, I called the director about his agents who had taken those oh so illegal actions against me. He said the investigation was still ongoing, but that most likely they would be fired at a minimum and could receive several years of prison time at maximum.

I told him I wanted to know what the final outcome was. He told me I would be informed of the final dispensation of the case. I said that was satisfactory and hung up. After that I went in search of my sister.

She was doing that spa thing. I asked an employee where the spa was and was given instructions as to how to get there. I knew in a general way how to get there, but I was a little turned around.

Mirwanna was having a mud bath, and I smiled. She had gone totally decadent on me. They said she still had about an hour and a half, and then would be finished with the spa package she had booked. I nodded and left.

I was wondering around a section of the park, just people watching, when I felt a portal opening. I looked around. People everywhere. Shit! It didn't help that Svedra stepped through. Double shit!

(Ah, there you are, Paul. The conflict has been resolved and the army is headed home. I decided to come find you, and give you the news myself, before I went home, ) Svedra told me.

(Svedra! You can't just show up here like this! This world is not used to beings such as yourself. You will cause a panic!) I exclaimed to him without thinking.

We were definitely drawing a crowd. People were oohing and ahhing. I thought fast and asked Svedra if I could cast a minor glamor spell on him. I described it, and he chuckled in agreement.

"Wow, that's the best animatronic spider I have ever seen!" someone said.

"Who made it? Is it a new Disney movie advertisement?" I heard another say.

"Can I touch the spider," one voice said.

"How do you... ," another voice said.

We started walking through the crowd. Little servo noises accompanied his movements. Svedra was broadcasting amusement to me. I sighed with relief. I didn't need a demigod from another world getting pissed off here at Disneyland. I shuddered at the thought of the damage he could do in a moment of being miffed.

Everything was working fine. While people gawked and gaped at the large, 'Mechanical' spider, we seemed to be carrying off the illusion that he was not real. I also nudged things along with an area spell that helped that thought process along.

Since the spell moved along with us, it was not hard to do. Svedra wanted to look around. I tried to convince him to either go invisible, or shrink to a smaller size. He was not amused at those ideas, so we just walked around the park.

He was as fascinated with the place as was Mirwanna. Of course, he could not ride the rides, but he took in everything that he could. He was very impressed with what our technology could and had accomplished.

By the time I was supposed to pick up Mirwanna, we had drawn a huge crowd. I had been expecting someone from the park to show up, but I had not thought it would take so long. One finally did show up.

"Excuse me, Sir. Is this your animatronic spider?" an official from the park asked me after identifying himself.

How do you answer something like that? I looked at Svedra and asked him please to cooperate, mentally.

"Yes. I brought him as a possible item of interest for this theme park. As you can see, it seems to be a huge success," I said, making it up as I went along.

"Well, I can't seem to find anything about this in our records. I am afraid you will have to leave. Now. The safety of the people are tantamount, and you're endangering them," Mr. Official said.

At that moment, Mirwanna came up and asked what was going on.

"Ah, Mirwanna. This park official has asked us to leave. It seems we are endangering the public with this mechanical spider," I said to her. I was trying to mentally explain things to both Svedra and to Mirwaana.

"I see. We will offer the spider to the competition, then," Mirwanna said. Bless her for being quick on the uptake.

"Blood! Gore! I hunger," Svedra chimed in.

The kids screamed, and giggled. People just love to be scared. The park official looked around, and took note of the reactions of the crowd. He could tell that the people were impressed with this spider.

I sent out a spell of misdirection and illusion, opened a portal, and hustled Mirwanna through it. Svedra followed us, and I sighed with relief at his doing so. There was no way I could compel him, had he wanted to stay.

I felt amusement rolling off of Svedra like a cloud.

(I am not without understanding, Paul, ) Svedra said mildly.

I had ported us to the palace. Mirwanna immediately took off for her part of the palace, saying she needed to be briefed on what has been happening. Svedra told me he was going to see Vostich, to say goodbye. He sent me a mixed bag of feelings (all positive) just before he ported out himself.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.