Shade of Grey
Chapter 2: Not exactly a Warrior Mage

Copyright© 2005 by Oldbie

"Marella, he's waking up", the excited girl voiced in a whisper to the young woman who was tending a pot resting in the coals of a fire.

"Good! Now tear me a good length of your under-slip Torula, bunch it up and put it in the cold water here in blue jug", replied Marella. "Make sure that the silk is completely submerged, then stir it gently".

The young woman, dressed in a crudely repaired, mostly blue Nobel woman's travel dress, carefully poured the contents of the pot into a cracked fine ceramic cup. Moving with near perfect grace, marred only by a slight limp in her left leg; she brought the cup to the lips of the man who now rested under woolen covers on a make shift bed.

"Easy now, drink this slowly, it is a little bitter, but it will help some with the burns", gently stated the young woman.

Bitter, does not do this brew justice Lady, tastes a little like Veran, and maybe a pinch of Casol. A good herbal treatment for pain and burns though.

"Veran-Casol-Vi-Lo", chanted the man, to no effect what so ever.

"The Essence is gone, High Spells will not function now, there is only the natural endowed power left. Even the Gods are not responding to prayers, I can not even cast the simplest heal spells. Luckily for you I had some Veran bark and Casol leaves that I could brew to help with the burns", calmly stated Marella as she continued to slowly pour small amounts from the contents of the cup into the man's mouth.

Young sounds like she is from the western provinces, and of the Patrician Class. Nice cool hands, firm but gentle; I must have gotten a bit of the flash, from the 'Fire Wind'. Must concentrate, gather the Mana, infuse it into to the brew, slowly, infuse each sip, Veran for the pain, Casol for the burns.

Marella gasped' "Your Burns, there healing, there has not been magic for hexal's, and your healing. How were able to do that? It surely was not the brew."

"No", rasped the voice of the man, "I caused the local Mana Field to infuse the brew, thereby enhancing the endowed power of the herbs you used."

"Your uniform, according to the insignia, you are a warrior mage are you not?" asked the Marella.

"Not exactly, but I am very tired, I am going to sleep now", whispered the man.

His eyes closed, and his breathing indicated that he was rapidly going to sleep

No, my Lady Marella, I am not exactly a Warrior Mage, it would me more correct to call me an Imperial Commando, not that there is much left of the Imperium, most of it having been consumed by ICBM's (Inter-Continuum -Battle-Magic's). I am even willing to bet that more than one 'god' died during that last battle.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.