Haley's Comet
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2005 by Pettybox

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 15 - A college romance blooms while another smolders unknowingly below the surface. An unlikely series of events brings two spirits together and what had smoldered blossoms into a full fired romance. Sex mixes with lifes adversitys in a work a day world.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Oral Sex   Anal Sex  

I was a little shocked to be awakened by the phone on Monday morning. As I put the situation together I was it was 8:30 and it was Marie, the secretary, from work calling to be sure I was up. I wasn't due until around 10 for the 10:15 meeting and this was her little perk for each of the roadmen on their first Monday back. Today was my turn and she did her usual little cat and mouse flirt. I was just a little curt with her wondering why Gail hadn't woken me. I told Marie I would see her in an hour or so and go up to see what was up.

There was a note on the bathroom mirror.

"ROBBIE, YOU LOOKED SO PEACEFUL I COULDN'T WAKE YOU. YOU'LL NEED YOUR REST FOR LATER. HEE HEE KISS KISS, I LOVE YOU."

I smiled at her insinuation, but was proud that she knew it was work Monday and that was first. I was all about priorities and I loved the way she was adapting. This was her first day to regular salary and she wanted nothing to change that. I know she set a goal for getting her drivers license soon and a car after a few paychecks. Until then the bus stop each morning by 7:15 would be her gig. Unfortunately I really missed seeing her in the morning and I already hoped she woke me up the rest of the week with her. But for now, the shower, coffee and toast and my short drive in were all I could think about if I wanted to be ontime.

After being out on the road for a few weeks, my first day back at the office was my favorite. I got the chance to show them what was going on "out there" and share my ideas on things. The morning was typically a debriefing of sorts to explain my notes and incident reports. Supply problems in the Mobile area were a hot topic today as security issues reared their heads. We had been a target of vandals twice in that area and certain supply lines were closed for safety checks. Unusually high demand stretched us to the limit and never used emergency contingencies failed at times. I had dictated a long report with solution ideas to Marie on my drive home and uploaded it Saturday. When I hit the board room, the 8 page report was in each spot around the discussion table. Marie was as efficient as ever. As I read the report aloud from the overhead and supplied photos from my digital camera I impressed myself. Today might be a good day to make a pitch for an inside gig.

After my report and a review of the highlights of the previous weeks field reports they had a company news blurb that told of retirements and acquisitions, etc. Today's ended with, "Iggy Cooper today adds a new full time Geo-CAD to his team after a 6 week temp stint. Her name is Gail Hunt and she has the credentials to be a major contributor with AmeriGas. We're excited to have her on our team."

I stood up to speak before the meeting was to break at the end of the announcements.

"Ummm,... before rumors and stories start to get around I want to get this out in the open." I began. "Gail Hunt, the new Geo-CAD, is an old college friend of mine. Recently she and I have entered into a relationship together. We don't consider it a fling, and with my position on the road it doesn't violate our frat policies. She's very serious about her career here and we don't want rumors to float around."

At the head of the table the two VP's exchanged whispers and looked at me as I retook my seat.

"Rob, we don't see any problem with this, especially since you came forward. Good luck." One of them said before he stood and looked at the group and said, "I think we're done, let's dismiss."

We all stood and gathered our things from the table. Iggy Cooper came over to me.

"That was probably the best way to handle it. Way to go. Those guys know what she's capable of already so I wouldn't worry."

As we broke up and everyone headed for the halls and elevators I was able to catch up to Seth Maris, a VP. Seth had been an assistant coach at Minnesota when I was trying to walk onto the hockey team. He was out of school about 4 years then, but helped out with the Gophers program each Fall. I suspected he was a big alumni contributor to the Hockey program and strapping on the skates with the team as they whittled down to a squad was one of his perks. I knew him well from each of my 4 years as the third goalie and the practice goalie.

"Seth, do you have a minute? I want to thank you for cutting some slack on my ummm... relationship. It's a part of the reason I wanted to talk to you. I'm not asking you to come off the road, but if anything should become available here in house, I want you to know I would like to be considered."

"Want to spend more time at home with your new love, huh?" He answered smiling.

"Well, sort of. It would be nice. I mean our time together is great but being away has been a drag. By the time something opens up I may have changed my mind. We're just going through that building block phase of our relationship and I just wish I was home more. I'm home for two weeks this trip and I have my hiatus time, so it will actually be three. So as you can imagine, leaving is hard. I probably have my head up my butt the first few days I'm out, but I'm sure I'll be over that. I guess I really feel this is the real thing and it's getting pretty serious. I wouldn't want to be married this way." I explained as honestly as I could.

"Listen Rob, I totally understand and you wouldn't be the first man who would want to be home if he were just married. We know it goes with the territory. Let things play out, but I'll keep you in mind if we think anything fits you in here. Send me a memo to remind me once I get back to my office. I'd hate to lose you on the road, but I'd hate even more if you left the company. By the way, you've picked yourself a pretty smart girl there. Iggy wants to turn the whole department over to her if he gets his Masters and puts in for another department." Seth said, easing my trepidations about even asking.

As the elevator closed and I walked back up the hallway I felt pretty good. Seth had endorsed both of us and seemed to understand my mental predicament with our relationship and knew he would have to provide a fix should we really get crazy and make the big step. Today was Gail's first real official day on the job after her temp status had run out and a VP of the firm was talking about her taking over one of the most important departments in the company's profit and R and D structure. They weren't handling her as a new hire, they were handling her as if THEY paid her way through college and touted her.

I checked my watch and saw it was almost one o'clock and I was feeling hungry. I buzzed Gail's phone and I heard it roll over to the floor receptionist.

"Gail Hunt's phone, can I help you?"

"Yes, is she out of the office?"

"Yes, but she is in the building and I can get her a message if it's urgent."

"No - no. Is she at lunch?"

"Ummmm... Mr. Preston? She said she was going to grab a bite and workout. She expected you to call."

"Oh! Umm OK, thanks." I said as I headed towards the gym.

You have to walk to the end of the third floor and down a ramp past windows that overlook the gym. The gym consisted of a floor full of exercise machines, stair climbers, treadmills and fixed resistance modules. There were a few mats for exercising. From noon till two and again from five until seven there were usually a couple spotters to assist anyone. The company was very health conscious with the ulterior motive of keeping health care costs down. The most endearing part of the gym was the elevated track that circled the large high ceiling room. That was where I saw Gail through the overlook windows as I went down the ramp to the entrance. I stopped to watch her jog by. My cock fluttered in my pants as I saw her in her tight little outfit. As she went by I watched her ass as her legs pumped. Good Lord, she was a picture! I stood to watch her go by again but she finished her run and I saw her go down the steps into the women's locker and shower. I suspected she was just inside cooling down, but I thought it best to leave her be.

After grabbing a quick bite in the cafeteria I felt my cell vibrate and I saw it was Gail returning my call.

"Did you call me on business?" She queried as I answered.

"Yes. Monkey." I answered.

"Huh? What?" she answered confused.

"Monkey business!" I said with a chuckle.

Oh, sorry Rob. I'm just real busy so I can get done with a project for Iggy. He's leaving for New Orleans tonight and needs it. I'll start dinner for us. If you don't get a call you'll be home just after 6, right?"

"Yes, Ms Hunt... Jeepers Gail, can you turn it off for a second. How about, hello Robbie I miss you today?"

Her voice turned to a sexy growl. "You'll know how much I missed you later. Maybe we can feed each other?"

"Now, I'm sweating. Sorry to bother you. I'll see you at home." I said as she laughed and got back to her work.

I realized another quality I admired in her. She was able to take her emotions about our relationship, which were quite great, and bottle them and set them aside and be just as passionate about her other "loves". She truly loved her work. Her sense of self-satisfaction and accomplishment drove her madly towards her goal. However, when she walked out the door she was able to leave the job behind. I suspect her former life style of being mad at the world, mad at God and wanting to show the world as much, helped nurture this quality. At first she had to know how freaky she looked and acted, but she kept herself strong and told herself not to bend. However, when she was in class she was all business, and I do mean ALL. Having the where with all to turn that world grudge off long enough to devote her mind to her studies was like she partitioned her brain, like one might a hard drive on their computer.

I did my best to put my anticipation of being with her in the back of my mind and devote my thoughts to work as well. The day was cruising by with my catching up with paperwork and making out itineraries when I felt my pager go off. Looking down at it I saw that I was in the tan Amerigas-Amerifuels road tech uniform and was quick to remember I was on call.

I dialed the service number and got the lowdown on a problem right in Metro Atlanta. There was a gas smell in the area of Turner Field and around Pulliam Street; and Georgia and Capitol Avenues. The report was followed quickly by a call from Turner Field itself saying that the gas pressure was low. In less than 3 hours they were to host a High School football pre-season match-up of county rivals. It was a yearly charity game and they expected 25,000 or more fans to be there. Football of any kind is big in Georgia.

I called and sent prelim crews to the site and followed up with police and fire crews to be ready to handle an emergency. Fire crews would assist us in getting into the sewer systems and prepare to vent them if necessary. All downtowns fear a trapped underground gas explosion in the infrastructure of the sewers. This had the earmarks of just such a situation. All enroute crews were told of what it "sounded" like so they could take precautions upon arrival. If there were a problem it meant closing I-20 and I-75/85 which crossed almost over the area. Doing so with the prospect of 20,000 additional cars coming to a game only increased the mess and the possibility of a bigger disaster.

I was in an emergency vehicle with flashing lights on my way within a few minutes. Our on site fire crew were trained first responders and our lights and sirens got the same respect that municipal engines got.

When I arrived our first crews were already measuring gas from cracks in the pavement at street level and along the curbs. Metro Atlanta fire fighters were there just behind us and they were gingerly opening a manhole after gelling it down to make sure no sparks were created. Hosenoses were sent down into the sewer lines and, thankfully, we found no detection of natural gas. Meanwhile crews were getting strength readings from different areas of the affected streets and began to pin down where a break might be. This could end up being a simple fix-up after all. Pulling out our blueprints of the area we began to turn gas cocks off to isolate the affected streets and still keep Turner Field online. Where it didn't seem possible as first, we did come up with routing to facilitate our needs. Then I was off to Turner to check for pressure and be sure there were no additional problems.

It was pushing 6 o'clock and parking lots were still closed and traffic was bound as far as the eye could see, but traffic was moving unless you were trying to get off at any Turner Field exits. By 6:10 we gave the all clear to open parking lots and permit the game to go on. We found the source of the leak, let it vent to make it safe and ending up only closing one block of one street; an inconvenience for sure, but an easy one when you consider what the possibilities could have been. My own expertise was never needed on this emergency, but having the luxury of knowing that up front was impossible. A smell of gas in the streets and low pressure usually means a build up is contained and that means disaster I was 20 minutes late being home and I hadn't called Gail yet, and I was at least an hour from walking in my door. After being called out once, it would take a dire emergency for me to get a second call. I wasn't on a service or repair crew, I was just their guide to safely do their job when the situation called for it. Then I followed up with the why and how to prevent it from happening again.

"Hey, babysweets, I guess you know I'm late. I'm out on call." I said as she answered the phone.

"I know. Iggy called me as soon as you left the garage. I even saw you on the live news cam on channel 63. Are you through?" she asked.

"Yes I just have to file a report and drive home. Lets look at 7:30 OK?" I offered.

"OK, be careful! Do your job, we have forever... but tonight would be nice." She chuckled.

I was back at Amerigas in a few minutes and got the on-call secretary to depose me. I hated that word, it sounded like I do or did something illegal. Actually it was just the opposite, it was to keep our ass covered for lawyers and possible law suits. Tonight was a simple settlement rupture in a very soft firmament under the pavement, next to the sewer line, probably caused by the massive construction project of tearing down Fulton County Stadium and building Turner Field. In city infrastructure if there is heavy gas smell on the street, 95 times out of a 100, the sewers are ripe for explosion as they build pressure and take away from the customer pressure. A spark in this unnoticed condition could take out a couple city blocks. My deposition definitely justified my actions with police and fire, as well as permitting the game to proceed as planned. At 7:15 I was driving home with a clear head and a lot of anticipation of my evening with Gail. God, I loved her and missed her.

I parked he car and went in through the mud room and immediately my senses were filled with good smells from the kitchen. Gail greeted me at the kitchen with a long deep kiss and tight hug. She turned and picked up two glasses of wine she had poured and we clinked before sipping. As we walked into the kitchen I saw she had to places set at the end of the breakfast counter where we could sit almost face to face. She pulled out my chair and I sat while she served.

Salmon fillets with steamed veggies filled the plates she brought out and her secret was known. Chef Carmina, a neighbor of mine, was a TV chef and had a small catering business. She froze her specialties for me and delivered them every week or so. She was a rotund woman in her fifties whom I met when I first moved in. She admired my lawn and landscaping as I set my yard up. She brought me a couple of her frozen specialties as a housewarming, friendly gesture. I was blown away at the quality and asked if she could supply more, offering to pay. Since that time she would stop over Mondays if she saw the kitchen lights on and deliver her flash frozen specialties. I usually gave her $100 which she would put down her cleavage and say it would go to her grandchild's college find. She enjoyed our weekly visits and I enjoyed the food. To her they may have been TV and catering leftovers, to me it was a way to get a good hot meal without investing the time.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.