Green Doom
Chapter 23: Fall of an Empire

Copyright© 2005 by Porlock

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 23: Fall of an Empire - A young Hill Man warrior, exiled from his mountain village, seeks adventure, finding danger and romance in the midst of a war between religious leaders and the king of his country. Apologies to H. P. Lovecraft for story elements adapted from his mythos.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Horror   Slow  

Talai was silent, as silent as a deserted graveyard. Nobody was on the streets, nobody who didn't absolutely have to venture forth. Rumors of Sholim's wrath, tales of his army's departure on missions of vengeance crisscrossed the city like ripples on a pond. None dared risk becoming the next target of Sholim's fury.

"Why can't we strike now?" Shantar fumed, pacing endlessly back and forth the length of the cramped underground room, ducking his head to miss the low ceiling beams. "We have the weapons. We have the men. Princess Ashaia is in Talai, with her force of swamp dwellers, and most of Sholim's army is out of the way. We're as ready as we'll ever be."

"Be easy, my large and impetuous friend," Chinzel cautioned softly, but a twitching muscle in his cheek betrayed his own mounting tension. "Nurm warned us against striking too soon. He is to risk warning us when the time is right, an act that will strain at the boundaries of his own guild's rules."

"The word of a sorcerer out of nowhere! Why should we listen to him?"

"Because if we fail, he doesn't get paid. He will lose the swords and shields he has so generously furnished to us. Not to mention the spears, iron caps, and sundry mail shirts and keen daggers. Our gold and gems must be precious indeed in his own land if he is willing to trade so much fine worked iron for the mere promise of it. What think you, Orzad?" Chinzel turned to the third man in the tiny room. "You have done business with Nurm for a good many years. Why is he so willing to trade with us for baubles that lie free for the taking in any mountain stream?"

"I have wondered about many things concerning Nurm, since the day I first met him and his two demons. He must indeed be from some far away land. Perhaps, even, the fabled country our ancestors sailed from so many centuries ago. No matter, he has always dealt honestly with me. I would not hesitate to call him friend. Let us wait as he advised."

"But, why won't he tell us anything but 'wait for a sign'?" Shantar worried at the subject like a dog gnawing at an old bone.

"He has always claimed that he is not allowed to use his powers to change the course of events," Orzad explained patiently for at least the hundredth time. "It seems that there are laws that even a mighty sorcerer such as Nurm must obey,"

The three men whirled, falling silent as a flare of soundless blue light burst from one corner of the room. Nurm's pale demon stood facing them. The perfection of her slender form was revealed by a one piece black garment that clung to her like a second skin, but her face was stern and cold, her eyes like chips of blue ice in the carved mask that was her face.

"It is time to strike! Now, go!"

"What's happening?" The question came from Shantar's lips, even as he caught up his ready sword.

"Hill men will soon be inside the East Gate, disguised as Sholim's returning army. I can tell you no more. Hurry, if you would be of use to them."

"Right!" Chinzel was the first out the door. "Let's go!"

As he ran from the room, Shantar glimpsed another flare of light as Ai Mei disappeared. Shaking his head as though to dislodge an unwelcome thought, he followed his friends up a steep flight of stairs to the courtyard above. Swift runners darted away in all directions, and soon an almost imperceptible tide of grim faced men flowed toward strategic locations throughout Talai. Their movements were partially masked by a sudden ebb and flow of people through the streets, and soon even more people joined the throng. The huge warning gong at Talai's East Gate sounded, sending deep toned ripples out across the city. Not the frantic beat of the alarm call was this, but the more deliberate rhythm that spoke of important tidings.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.