With A Whimper - Cover

With A Whimper

Copyright© 2005 by oldmudrat

Chapter 4

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Another end of the 'world as we know it' story. The 'hero' does not find just what he needs to survive quiet as easily as some of these type stories portray. I'm trying to make it as different from those past stories as I can.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction  

February, 2016

"Got to get over that," I said to myself. "Pull the trigger on the bastards when I get the chance or it could be me who gets shot."

I picked up the 12-Gauge double-barrel and searched Clyde's pockets for ammo. I was pleased to find a dozen shotgun shells. With a final look I turned my back on the unconscious Clyde. I felt in my bones that one day I would regret letting the little fuck live.

I opened the shotgun, pocketed the used shells, and reloaded.

I looked around to see if the noise had attracted any other folks.

Then I opened the driver's door to the pickup, slid the shotgun behind the seat, and climbed inside.

Susan was still out of it, slumped in the passenger's seat.

There was a small, 35 bed hospital in town. More than likely it was just like the hospital I had left this morning. Full of dead bodies. But there might be some medical supplies that could be used to help Susan stay alive. So that was my next stop.

The pickup started with a satisfying rumble. I put it in gear and started the drive to the hospital.

The absence of more survivors was not really a surprise. Although I had hoped that a smaller town would have faired better. After all, when the food deliveries stopped the townspeople would have had access to local grown produce. This was rural Mississippi after all and almost every third or fourth family had a backyard garden. The larger farmers, those still trying to make a living at farming, would have planted mostly cash crops such as soybeans, corn, cotton. All which would be useful now, but would take much effort to harvest and prepare for the table. For damn sure, the cotton would not be going to the multinational corporations that had contracted to purchase it before it had been planted. The nearest cotton gin was an hour's drive away. An hour's drive for a eighteen-wheeled rig. A couple of days drive if we had to resort to horse pulled wagons. Assuming we could find the horses or the wagons and the cotton gin still had power.

As I drove I reviewed what I knew about the post-Flu world. The last world from the Center for Disease Control three weeks ago was that ninety-seven percent of the world's population was dead. Dead of either the Flu and its complications or dead from the crazy actions of those in leadership positions.

For instance. When it began to occur to everyone just how serious this pandemic was all the hatreds among human groups broke loose for one last orgy. Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia launched an attack on Israel with tactical nukes. Israel responded with strategic nuclear strikes. Now the entire Middle East was a radioactive grave yard and probably would remain 'hot' for a thousand years. Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, and China exchanged nukes. As did China, Russia, Korea and Japan. Russia, China, and the United States swapped a score of missile strikes aimed mainly at the other sides missile fields. Brazil dropped nukes at all the passes over the Andes mountains and on the Panama Canal in an attempt to stop people seeking refuge in Brazil and bringing the virus with them. It did Brazil no good, because the Flu was already in-country. Europe simply fell apart as governments died. Africa was a blackhole of information. The last word from there was that there was no functioning government any where on the continent and the Flu was burning through the population already weakened by decades of AIDS, starvation, and war... Isolated islands in the Pacific and India Oceans fell victims to the India Flu. An American scientific station in Antarctica managed to isolate itself before the virus reached that polar region, but without supplies and transport off the frozen continent, survival time was limited. Nuclear powered submarines stayed submerged, but would have to come up eventually and face the virus.

The armies of the world fought one last, futile battle to either keep infected refugees out of their country or to secure a place to run for themselves.

There were survivors. But no one knew where or how many. The human species was not extinct. Not yet, at any rate. Mankind had both feet in the grave and was hanging on by his fingernails to keep from falling that last inch.

The local hospital was still standing. I pulled under the covered canopy of the emergency room and could see a faint light through the open doors.

I pulled Clyde's shotgun from behind the seat as I got out of the truck. Walking up to the door I kept the shotgun down behind my leg.

"Anybody Here!" I yelled. "I've got an injured woman!"

"Stay there. I'll be right out," came the answer. I thought I recognized the voice.

A woman stepped from the shadows. I did recognize her. She was an six inches shorter than me with shoulder length brown hair. Normally her green eyes were bright, but today they had seemed to have lost their glow. Her hair hung loose and unkept. Face drawn and haggard. She walked very carefully as if each step was a chore. In one hand she held a revolver. She was pulling a wheeled stretcher with the other.

"Hello, Kathy," I said as I walked up to her. I took over pulling the stretched out to the truck.

She looked at me for several seconds before she said, "Jim. Sorry, I am still a bit out of it. So, you're alive. And looking pretty damn good at that."

"You are not looking too bad yourself. All things considered."

Kathy waved a hand in a dismissive gesture. "Who do you have." She pulled the truck door open. "Susan!"

"I found her down at her dad's place. Raped and beaten." I decided not to mention Clyde just yet.

"Help me move her," Kathy said. She tucked the revolver in the waist band of the green scrubs she was wearing. Kathy made to grab Susan's shoulders to pull her onto the stretcher, then stopped. A hand went to Susan's neck, then she pulled her eyelids open.

I had a sinking feeling.

"She's dead, Jim."

"She was still alive when I pulled in. Damn it!"

"Yeah. Well. Come on, help me get her on the stretcher. There's still room in the trench out back and gas in the backhoe. We can bury her. There's not much else we can do. Susan and Mike went out early yesterday afternoon to see if they could round up some supplies. We haven't heard from either one of them. Did you see any signs of Mike Wallace?"

I shook my head and we moved Susan's body onto the stretcher. That activity seem to tire Kathy considerably.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.