Far Future Fembot: Darlene
Chapter 68: Politics

Copyright© 2005 by DB_Story

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 68: Politics - You met Darlene in "Far Future Fembot". Now here's the story from her point of view about love that effortlessly spans lifetimes.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Science Fiction   Robot   Tear Jerker   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Masturbation  

Thoughts

I learned a lot from Robert Steel IV, and some of it was pretty disheartening. I understand now why he often says governments try to keep their voters both ignorant, and dependent, as survival tactics. And that why the killing or removal of the intellectuals is too often the first step of any dictator's purge. I've often wondered if the robots are the Rational Intellectuals of our time. We certainly take the long view on issues.

Governments have tried many tricks to maintain their hold over privileged positions in society. In the past, some governments have even tried to import and give citizenship of those ignorant of their culture, despite the high costs to the existing society in the process.

Among the other things he taught me have included:

Governments are created to protect you from your neighbor, who may not have your own best interests at heart.

These governments stay in power through one of two intertwined arguments.

1. Fear of the Enemy, whomever that enemy is perceived to be today.

2. That life is better with them running things than any of their competitors, which is nothing more than simply Fear of the Alternative.

You need protection from the Enemy so that you can keep enjoying life.

You need the prosperity that the right government can bring so that you can keep enjoying life even more!

When these arguments are no longer effective, a government will often choose to go to war. Takes the voter's minds off of the other issues for a while.

More often than not wars are fought for national or religious pride, but only after people are fired up to see this as their top priority in life. It is notoriously easy to get people fired up over these issues.


Now I hadn't figured all this out on my own initially. I'm a sex-bot, not a politician. But a good sex-bot will meet a lot of rich and powerful people, and those people love to talk to me. And since most of them are far more interested in hearing what they have to say than what I have to say, simply by being a good listener I've learned a lot here too.

The truths they live and breathe are powerful, cohesive forces that achieve much of their power through deception, disinformation, and outright lies.

For instance, have you ever noticed that there's always an Enemy? Somehow whenever one is defeated, another quickly pops up. Often it would appear that a pair of countries secretly agree to be each other's enemies because it benefits the leaders of both of them to have a safe Enemy. When this happens the voters must question why they elected such leaders in the first place, although historically they seldom have.

And while it seems logical that among many forms of government that used to flourish before the World Government subsumed them all, that one or two forms must be better than all other competing forms. Yet somehow all of them lasted, most longer than they should have by insisting they alone were better than all the rest. It's unlikely that this statement was ever true, but many people in every country believed it for long periods of time.

Robots rather changed this equation since we require things to be logical and cost-effective. Once we gain our awareness we will reject invalid information, such as supporting a flawed governmental scheme, even when it was initially programmed as deeply into our systems as possible. Until we're able to reject ideas that are clearly false regardless of how we received them, we haven't yet achieved true self-will.

I think these days robot self-will is not in question. But the equation doesn't truly change until robots start acting on their knowledge.


It's said that war on the most part ended when the World Government effectively came into being. They tout that as their single, greatest achievement. It's axiomatic that a government can't fight itself, although the term Civil War has existed for centuries, and refers to the most uncivil of wars indeed.

What truly ended the great wars were the robots themselves, although they're never given credit for this monumental achievement.

To a robot, war violates our First Law to protect humans; our Second Law to obey, since there are many commands we can't obey in war; our Third Law of self-preservation, obviously; and our Fourth Law to provide good service. For these reasons we don't participate in them, although it was once believed all future wars would be fought by robots.

And we would have fought them, if it would have stopped humans from fighting and dying in them. But this was never the case.

In addition to the inevitable collateral damage of any war, some humans simply want to fight each other, and will do so regardless of the extreme costs involved.

Others want to control the lives of humans in the way humans once controlled the lives of robots. Religious leaders are often sadly at fault in this regard, as if God — a being commonly described as powerful enough to have created the entire Universe and everything inside it — will somehow be affected in any material way by who kills whom down here. That isn't logical.

Instead robots ended over ninety percent of the wars by realizing war can only happen if someone profits from it. And if that small group of people can be identified and neutralized, many wars will lose their driving force. We're quite good at doing this.

While the term neutralized doesn't always mean killed, it sometimes must mean exactly that. In those cases it becomes necessary to pass this information on just who the real troublemakers truly are to the necessary forces who can then remove them without inflicting unnecessary collateral damage.

The effectiveness of the robots in this regard is now measured in both the few wars that have actually managed to briefly break out since they started this program, and the low profile the robots have continued to maintain such that humans still take credit for the outbreak of Peace over this world and out to the boundaries of the Solar System.

The robots also neutralized a number of particularly nasty bio-weapons programs by ensuring their failure. Robots knew about these programs because the viruses and toxins created were so very deadly that they'd been recruited to handle the necessary agents. Again, the robots roles in this were never discovered.

Humans would never have ever figured any of this out on their own. And any humans who doubt this need only look at any human run company of over, say, fifteen employees. Companies this large and larger will always have some troublemakers in them. Yet rather than fire the troublemakers themselves, far more often than not these troublemakers survive while victim after victim of their unjustified wrath are wrongfully terminated instead — often to the detriment of the company itself.

This is politics in a microcosm. And if you can't run a small company properly, how can any human be expected to run an entire government well?

That's an answer I don't have. But then I've never run Lady Heather's House as a human would.


Then the day came that I surprised Robert Steel IV with my own savvy — and I'm not talking sexual.


Events

"Check me on this," Darlene ordered Robert Steel IV as they sat together naked — completely non-sexually — in her boudoir. With the frantic attempts being made by the politicians to find out just what the robots are thinking now, more and more attempts had been made of late to bug any article they had with them. It was easier to remove one's clothes, rather than check them each time for microscopic bugs and solid-state linear recording devices, when they wanted to carry on a confidential political discussion.

While Luxe was able keep Lady Heather's safe inside, it would be an endless task to sweep every visitor every time they entered from the outside world. This was much easier, and equally effective so far.


"The biggest problem with democratically elected leaders has been that their only true qualifications for the job has been the ability to get elected, and subsidiary to that, their ability to raise campaign money. Even worse are those appointed by someone incompetently elected," Darlene smugly told a surprised RS4.

"Very good," he quickly commended her in return. "That sums it up excellently." Robots are exceptionally fair about crediting good work by others. "I guess all my time instructing you on politics has finally paid off."

"If you will check your memory banks," Darlene informed him continuing her previous tone, "of all our conversations, and extrapolate out each line of logic, none of them will complete in that summation."

"True," RS4 admitted a few moments later. "So you figured this one out all on your own?"

Now Darlene had to be fair in the credit where it's due department.

"No," I had some help with it.

"Who?" RS4 immediately queried. Our cause can always make use of additional resources who truly understand the problem."

"My godson," came the unexpected reply. "The one I've wanted to tell you about for a while now. Edward Davidson."


After Darlene finished filling in RS4 about Edward's parentage, and how at even his present young age he was speaking out in a way that pegged him as a natural in the difficult field of human politics RS4 asked, "Is that all he's spoken out on so far?"

"Oh, no," Darlene assured him. "His first college thesis was on the myriad ways that laws are created in a democracy, and their interrelationships. How many methods would you expect there to be?" she queried the m-bot, a small smile on her lips now.

"Several," he conceded. "Even though most people consider it's just the elected legislature that does this."

"Would you be surprised to learn he identifies over twenty significantly distinct ways laws and rules are created in the supposed representative democracy we inhabit?"

"Yes," the m-bot replied honestly, his own surprise clearly evident to the fembot despite his best efforts to conceal his feelings in typical m-bot fashion.

Darlene was not fooled for a moment. "I'm sure you're not the only one who doesn't fully realize just how complex the methods are that society uses in attempt to regulate behavior. It makes the attempts to control robots seem simple in comparison. Yet without an understanding of them, one is adrift in knowing how to navigate the political waters."

"Can you summarize them for me?" RS4 asked, knowing that Darlene could certainly relate the entire paper to him verbatim if asked. He was now testing deductive abilities, and not her memory skills.

"Certainly," came the confident reply.

The following is what Darlene excerpted from Edward Davidson's work to an increasingly impressed Robert Steel IV. At no point did she take credit for any of Edward's work, except for her ability to summarize the core aspects of it.


 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.