Masters of the Arches - Cover

Masters of the Arches

Copyright© 2004 by Mandil

Chapter 12

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 12 - A man of the verge of depression discovers a secret so fantastic that it overshadows all of his many problems. When he investigates further his discovery, he embarks on a series of adventures that takes him to the edge of the universe.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Romantic   Slow  

The very first thing that they noticed when they emerged in their new surroundings, was the brightness of the light. Whereas a second or so before they had been standing in a relatively dimly lit room, they now found themselves in a very sterile and bright place.

The room resembled a gymnasium in its emptiness as well as its height. In one corner of the room stood Nika, completely naked and unarmed. She had not yet recognized them and her arms were outstretched while her knees were bent as if she was getting ready to fight them.

When she did recognize them, her facial expression changed from one of half anger and half fear to one of joy as well as surprise. She immediately rushed toward them with tears in her eyes. It took the three of them a couple of minutes before they could overcome their emotions and, as soon as the hugging and kissing was over, both Vincent as well as Verla began to ask her many questions.

Her story was very simple. Once she had been captured by the birdmen, they took her to their village, which was situated many miles to the south from the place she had been kidnapped. As soon as they got there, she was placed into a wooden cage. As a measure of security, they also tied her hands behind her back, so although she could walk in the cage, she couldn't use her hands at all. She remained a prisoner this way for five days, but her hands were untied twice a day when she was fed and allowed to attend her bodily needs.

On the fifth day of her captivity, she noticed that something special was going to happen since the whole village was very excited and she could see them making preparations for a celebration. In mid-afternoon, they took her out of her cage and paraded her throughout the village while every man, woman and child were made to touch her. It then occurred to her that these people had prepared something very special for her - something that she would probably not enjoy. Later, after everyone had touched her at least once, she was taken inside the mountain through large carved doors.

Once she was in the depths of the mountain, she discovered that she was in an immense room with hundreds of people assembled there. The first thought that went through her mind when she saw the inside of the large room, was that she was going to be offered as a sacrifice in front of a very tall statue of a bird. But as they walked deeper, her eyes got used to the semi darkness inside the enormous cavity and she saw the arch in front of the huge statue of the bird. She then knew that her fate was going to be anything but pleasant for sure.

The fact that she already knew the potential of the arch and the evil that it could bring, did help to boost her resistance, but at last, the physical strength of those holding her was too great and she was thrown onto the plate. She then found herself in the room where they all were at this very moment. This last event had happened just a few minutes before Vincent and Verla appeared.

Once the pleasant surprise of being reunited was no longer new and now that they had listened to Nika's story, they began to pay more attention to their surroundings. The room they were in was large indeed. The light was being diffused somewhere from the ceiling high above their head while some light seemed to be coming also from the higher portion of the walls. They couldn't actually see the light sources since it appeared to be coming from the paint or from the colors of the material of the wall itself.

There were two doors or panels in the far wall ahead of them, but close to the wall where they now stood was the receiving end of the arch from where Vincent and Verla had appeared. Both doors at the other end of the room were shut.

They slowly walked to the two doors and examined them. Both were identical except for one small difference. On the door to their right there was a small hole in the very centre of the door whereas there was no such hole in the other door. A distance of at least twenty feet separated the two doors from each other and except for the small hole in one of them, there was no other mark whatsoever on them.

To Vincent who was familiar with doors on his world, and also judging by the rectangular cracks along their contour, it was evident that they were made to open somehow, either pivoting on hinges or sliding into the wall. But no hinges or knobs could be seen. They did try to push on each one of them and they also tried to slide them using the friction of their hands, but they had the impression that the doors were part of the wall since they didn't even begin to budge while they were exerting all sorts of forces on them.

After many long minutes of trying different ways to open them, they gave up and focussed their attention on the rest of the room. On the wall opposite to the two doors, behind the arch and near a corner, was a table-like altar made of the same material as that of the walls and floor of the room. Resting on top of the flat surface of the altar was a rectangular transparent box about fifteen inches long by ten inches wide.

On closer inspection, Vincent discovered that the surface of the altar in front of the transparent box was covered with small round buttons placed in many rows. Each button was about half an inch high and the group of buttons was arranged in a triangular pattern. One button in the first row then two in the second and so on, up to twenty-two rows with twenty-two buttons in that last row. Inside the transparent box was a turquoise rod about a foot long and it was made of what appeared to be glass with an intricate design at one end and a flat portion at the other end.

Vincent noticed that the round end with the intricate design could probably fit into the hole of the door. It thus became apparent to him - since he was familiar with doors and locks on his world - that this was the key that would open that particular door. The only problem was that they couldn't open the lid of the box where the key was. Even when he hit it with the butt of his rifle he couldn't break the glass-like material. After a while he ordered the two women to stand behind him and he fired two shots at it.

When he examined the box afterward, there wasn't even a mark on it. Even though the material of which the box was made was transparent, it was certainly not glass or plastic since none of those would have resisted the penetrating capacity of a 303 high-speed slug without even sustaining a scratch.

Vincent then focused his attention on the round buttons arranged in rows. When he pressed one, it did depress half way into the table and a soft musical note was heard coming from the box. It was a sound very similar to that made by a touch-tone telephone on his world. Then after what he estimated to be eight or nine seconds, the sound stopped and the depressed button lifted itself to its initial position. When he pressed another button, the same thing happened but a different note was emitted. He then tried pressing two or more buttons simultaneously. But each time he did that only one note was heard. It appeared that the button that had been depressed first, would be the one to emit its corresponding pitch. Pressing on any other button while this one was emitting a sound did not change the pitch of the note in any way. Finally he looked at both women and he said to them,

"It is some kind of code to open the box. The only problem is that we don't know what buttons to press or what sequence to use."

"Why do we need to open the box?" said Nika.

She had probably never seen a key before and Vincent thought that her question was very logical.

"You see the rod inside the box - it will open one of the doors if we can get it out of the box."

"Then why don't we press all the buttons one after the other, then we are certain to get the right one?" said Verla.

"No this will not work. I think that we are allowed to use only a definite number of buttons and they must be the right ones."

"Then only the one that knows which buttons to press will be able to get to the rod inside?"

"Yes, this is the purpose of it. I think it was placed there as a sort of test. After all, if the builders of this place wanted to kill us they could have done it in a much easier way than starving us here. Beside, there are no bones here and I am sure that the birdmen who pushed Nika onto the plate of the arch frequently send unwilling visitors here."

"You mean," Nika said in surprise, "that the birdmen capture people only to push them through the arch? But why do they want to do that?"

"I wish that I knew the answer to that, but it seems that this is exactly what they are doing. It could be part of their religion or belief or something else."

"But what is preventing us from going back the same way we came here?" said Verla.

Vincent realized that she had a good point, but deep inside he felt certain that the arch in this room would not work both ways. To test this, he took one of the knapsacks and he threw it onto the plate of the arch. Nothing happened even after a ten second wait. To the horror of both girls he then stepped on the plate. Still the arch didn't work. He then looked at the women and said in a low voice,

"The only way we are going to get out of here is by breaking the code and using the key that is in the box."

For many hours they took turns trying different sequences with different rows of buttons, but the lid of the box never opened. At last Vincent thought of something,

"I think that I know why the box and the key were placed there. The person, or group of persons, that built this place wanted to be sure that one of the doors would be opened only by someone that came from a culture that has a sophisticated degree of technology. That is why the right combination is needed to open the box."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.