Runaway
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2004 by GoldenMage

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 10 - Meet Mike, a good man in a bad position who must now make a choice.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   MaleDom   Harem   Oral Sex  

Once again we found that the roads were pretty much empty. My laptop had one of those somewhat expensive cellular modems and I'd been subscribing to the service for quite some time. While the others had been loading things up at the University I'd found a few moments to connect up to the internet and check out our route with one of the online map services. It put the trip at just under one hundred and seventy five miles in length and estimated it would take just under three hours with normal traffic patterns. With absolutely no traffic we made it in less than two hours.

The dogs were worse here, probably because out in the country there were livestock and deer that they could feed on. In the city they didn't have quite as ready of a food supply. We were probably still about two miles from the Omni when we spotted a large pack of dogs some distance from us but heading slowly in our direction. Using the radio I called a halt. Then I asked Stephanie to pull her pickup alongside the Cherokee on the driver's side as tight as she could without actually scraping the two vehicles together. She pulled it up slow and steady until I asked her to stop. I'd stopped her when the hood of pickup was just alongside my window.

I asked for the green duffle bag in the back and then told the ladies, "I'm going to get up on top of the Cherokee. Once I'm up there I'll need you to pass up the duffle, my rifle, and the Street Sweeper. Pass them through my window and roll it most of the way back up. Maureen, I'd like you to get behind the wheel and be ready to move out when I call you on the radio."

Once I was sure they understood what I needed I rolled down my window and went through it out onto the hood of the pickup. I was moving as fast as I could and using the pickup as my step ladder; one big step up onto the roof of the pickup, and then another over to the roof of the Cherokee gave me an elevated position to shoot from without ever having set foot on the ground. From Gil's description of his run-in with the other dogs I figured that speed was the key here. The ladies passed my duffle bag and other items I'd asked for through the window.

I'd been keeping an eye on the movement of the dogs and it was very easy to tell when they spotted me. Their movements switched from somewhat aimless meandering to an outright stampede in my direction. They put on a burst of speed and began to bark with excitement as they sensed there might be prey for them nearby. While they were still at some distance I began to fire into the pack with the rifle. I was sure I'd hit some of the dogs, but there was still a core mass of them heading towards us. I'd used the nine bullets the rifle held so I laid it down and picked up the Street Sweeper and let her rip taking out quite a few of the dogs at the front of the pack. I pulled a flash bang grenade from my vest and tossed it into the center of the pack about seventy yards away from my position. It sounded damn loud to me and I knew that it would hurt like hell to a dog - especially since it went off right near them. That scattered the pack sufficiently for us to move forward.

I sat down and used the luggage rack for a hand hold. Once I was in position I thumbed the mike on my radio. "Alright everyone, in a moment we'll move out. Stephanie, when we do start to move out I want you to veer to the left a bit and pull away from the Cherokee the moment you start moving. Once you're in motion, Maureen will pull in front with the Cherokee. You pull in behind us and the rest of you please follow. Take it slow, no more than five or six miles an hour. Those of you who are not driving and can avail yourself of a side window please do so. If you see a dog and you have a clear line of fire then shoot it. I want to get as many as we can right now so there are less to deal with later and so that they have something to feed on besides us. You can start now Stephanie."

My duffle contained several more guns that were ready to go, including the over under, as well as more ammo for the rifle. I picked up the over/under and began to use it to wreak havoc among the remaining groupings of dogs. There was quite a bit of lead flying as the others in my party got into the act. I had to admit that this bothered me a bit since I'd always been fond of dogs; I'm sure it was getting to the others as well. At least most of us were in vehicles that could clear the corpses without actually having to run over too many of them.

When it was all over I looked backwards over the carnage we had caused. It was grotesque and even though I understood the necessity I was happy to be through with it. This would give any hungry stragglers something to occupy them other than us and it might let other dogs see that death awaited them here if they hung around - at least until they grew hungry enough to risk it again.

As the hotel came in sight I got on the radio again. "I know that was rough - but good job everyone. Now I want you to reload if you haven't already. If you have any extra ammo and someone else is out or nearly so, split yours with them. Please stay in your vehicles and wait for further instructions. We're going to drive around the hotel's perimeter in the Cherokee and scope things out before anyone risks leaving their vehicle."

Maureen took that as her cue and began to make a slow circuit around the block. I'm not sure what I'd been expecting to see, but if any survivors were nearby they were making themselves scarce. Of course, with all of the gunfire, maybe that was to be expected. The upside of that was that it didn't seem that we would be meeting with any active resistance to our taking over the hotel.

When we had completed our circuit I called over the radio again. "I'm going to do a quick recon on foot and see if we can get in."

What I was most concerned about was whether or not any dogs had been able to get into the hotel. If the automatic doors had been left active then the motion of a big dog might be enough to get them to open. Before I climbed down off of the Cherokee I took a good look through my binoculars. I could see no movement of any kind in the lobby. I carefully climbed down and moved along the wall towards the stretch of glass that served as one wall of the lobby. I still didn't see any motion. When I walked up near the automatic doors they stayed shut; however when I pushed on the revolving doors they moved freely. I went through into the lobby and took a good look around. I could see no sign that any animals had been in here, even so caution was in order.

A careful search led me to believe that the hotel must already have a few human occupants. The automatic doors on the lobby, parking garages, and mall levels were all turned off. My quick walk through the kitchen turned up some recent activity also. I knew from my searching on the internet earlier during the day that the Presidential Suite was on the 15th floor and had quite a few connecting guest rooms. I moved behind the front desk and was pleased to see that the computer console was unlocked and was still logged in. After fumbling around for a few minutes I figured out how to "check-in" and "activate guest keys". The software also allowed me to activate the cable and pay-per-view feeds in each room.

"Gil," I said into my radio, "Please get everybody to come into the lobby through the revolving doors and wait for me. I'm going to check out two floors for our use. Be careful everybody and keep your eyes open for more dogs."

The fifteenth floor looked clear and the access key I'd created opened the Presidential Suite. It proved to be empty and available for our use. When the elevator doors opened on the sixteenth floor I didn't see any activity there either. I arrived back on the lobby level just as the last of our crew were coming through the doors.

"Do we have everyone inside now?" I asked in a loud enough voice so everyone could hear. After a moment of silence I continued, "I'll take that as a yes. As you may have noticed when you came into the hotel, the automatic doors seem to be disabled. This is very fortunate for us since the whole first floor might otherwise have been crawling with dogs and other animals. It may make it more difficult for us to unload things though unless we can either activate one of the automatic doors again or maybe make use of the double doors.

I took a quick look around the hotel. The kitchen seems to have seen some recent use and between that and the automatic doors, I'm pretty certain there are some other survivors either staying here in the hotel or at least making use of it in some way. I wish that we could have met them, but I'm guessing that the noise of our gunfire when we were dealing with the dog pack may have scared them away.

About the dogs, I'm sure that might have been hard on some of you, I didn't like doing it much either; but it'd be a shame if somebody was hurt by one of those dog packs and with no one able to take care of them they must be terribly hungry so they're pretty dangerous right now. All of you did a good job out there.

You'll all be happy to know that when I looked behind the front desk I found that the computer system remained logged in. That means I'll be able to get rooms for everyone. Without access to the computer system I wouldn't be able to create access keys to open the electronic locks on the doors and we'd have to search for some kind of pass key or bust our way in. Since we don't know the passwords to the computer system, I'm asking that everyone avoid touching the computer consoles right now until I can find a way to reset the passwords and create accounts for more of us.

Right now, while the dogs are not as much of a problem, I'd like us to bring in as many of our things as possible. A few of us who have guns will need to stand watch while the others carry things into the lobby. Once everything is inside, we'll need to lock all of the vehicles up.

I can get all of the rooms we need opened up. My mates and I will be staying on the fifteenth floor in the Presidential suite. There are some other rooms available on that floor as well. I already did a quick check of both the fifteenth and sixteenth floors - though not a room to room check. Once we've got everything inside and access cards issued to everyone, we'll need to use the kitchen to get food for dinner.

To those of you who've just met me today I probably sound pretty bossy - sorry about that, but we've been on a pretty tight schedule here. Soon enough we'll be settled in and have a chance to talk and get to know one another. I'm looking forward to that.

Any questions that can't wait for after dinner?"

There didn't seem to be any and everybody got busy in short order.

We lucked out big time since one of the new women we had picked up at the university was a Charlotte native who'd worked at the Omni during her high school years. Debbie showed us how to get the side doors on the hotel open so that we could haul the luggage in that way. Once I was comfortable with the way things were progressing there I made my way back to the lobby.

It really didn't take that long before everything had been hauled inside since we were making good use of the many luggage carriers Debbie helped us find. The dogs were occupied and didn't seem to be too interested in us for the time being. As soon as the unloading was completed and the side doors locked up again, I started to pass out the room keys I had been setting up while the unloading was underway. I had decided to just make a pass key to every room on the fifteenth and sixteenth floors leaving the checkout time listed as open.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.