Runaway
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2004 by GoldenMage

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Meet Mike, a good man in a bad position who must now make a choice.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   MaleDom   Harem   Oral Sex  

We'd been up in the "Cabin" when the plague hit. I'd just stocked up on about two weeks worth of food before the plague hit and now it was starting to run out. I was hesitant to take the women with me in case I ran into anyone who'd gone a little crazy, but then I didn't want to leave them alone for the very same reason.

Though I loved them all dearly, none of Becky's family had ever been comfortable around guns and thought they were "evil" until they met me. Sarah had never even seen one up close until she married me and had never grown very comfortable around them. The cabin had as sophisticated of an alarm system as the house did so I wasn't really too worried about that. I hoped I didn't need my weapons; but I went down to a room off of the basement of the cabin; a room that was well hidden from prying eyes.

In the den I'd built for myself in the basement, there was a wall of built-in bookshelves that ran from floor to ceiling. As corny as it may sound, I liked some of the older movies so much that I built it so you could swing one section of the shelves away from the wall to reveal a very solid metal door. The door had an electronic keypad on it. I walked into the den and closed and locked the door. After swinging the section of bookshelves out and away from the wall, I typed in my six digit code and walked into the secured room.

The room was about fourteen feet long and ten feet wide and had shelves running around its outer walls as well as some freestanding units in the center of the space. This is where I stashed the DVDs that held my copies of my work, my own personal records, my weapons, some extra cash, and other valuables as well as a significant amount of ammo. The whole room was as fireproof and secure as could be; even the ceiling was poured concrete with I-beams for strength. Rob and I had done the work ourselves and truth be told, we'd done it without getting the proper permits and permissions to do so. I didn't want very many people to know about it. It also currently contained the large cache of weapons I'd used in my war against the Don as well as those I'd collected from the corpses of his henchmen.

I grabbed a weapons vest and began filling its pockets with extra clips and ammo for the two Glocks and the Desert Eagle I planned on taking with me. I pulled open the drawer where I kept my handguns and checked each. I'd put them away cleaned, loaded, and with the safeties on; they were ready to go. I slipped the Desert Eagle into an under the arm holster on my left side where I could draw it with my right hand. One of the Glocks went into cross draw holster mounted right over my belt buckle where I could get to it quickly if need be. The second Glock went into a leg holster on my right thigh. I took a half dozen of the Def-Tec 25 Flash Bang grenades that I'd managed to acquire and placed them on the appropriate spots on my vest.

I grabbed my Mossberg nine shot pump action rifle and placed it in an over the shoulder holster rig I had custom fit to both the gun and my vest. If you asked me about it I couldn't have told you why I felt I would need to be quite so heavily armed to go on a food run; but I just did.

I grabbed a pair of binoculars off of the shelf and placed them in the belt pouch I was now wearing. Just before I left the room, I decided to pick up the additional pair of binoculars I spotted just in case one of the girls would be willing to play lookout for me.

As I left the room, I shut off the lights and locked the door securely. Once the bookshelf was swung back into place, I unlocked the door to the Den and left the room. When I arrived upstairs all of the women looked shocked to say the least.

"I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you ladies; but we're starting to run out of food and a few other things. With the way people get a little crazy sometimes during natural disasters I feel it necessary to take extra precautions to keep my family safe."

"Well yes but why -" Maureen started to say but then just settled into silence with a very confused look on her face.

"I know - Why am I dressed up like Rambo? It probably seems like a bit of an over kill Maureen, but it's not that much different than insurance. You can find yourselves without enough, but there's no such thing as too much when you really need it.

You've seen the news - at least before the news stations went off of the air - and we really don't know what we're gonna find out there. I think we should all go together in the Cherokee. We'll have enough room to be comfortable and still have space to bring quite a bit back with us."


It took a bit of time before I could get the ladies to come around to my way of thinking; but eventually they did and then hurried off to put on some clothing a bit more appropriate to the situation.

I headed out to the garage and backed the Cherokee out. It said it had three quarters of a tank of gas left. I knew that'd get us there and back for today; but I hoped that I'd find the gas pumps still working. I myself was very freaked out by what the news programs had been reporting: massive death everywhere.

Up at the cabin we were already in a somewhat less populated area of the state of North Carolina and I wondered how many had survived from the plague. The nearest town was Littleton and it had less than 700 people living there before the plague. There really wasn't much in the way of stores in the tiny town. We'd probably need to drive to Roanoke Rapids. That was where I went most of the time anyway since they had the home improvement store and the Wal-Mart Super Center. I started making a mental checklist of the items I thought we'd need the most and just about the time I was dotting Is and crossing Ts the ladies piled into the Cherokee. We had less than twenty miles to go with most of it on route 158.

The road was eerily empty. The conversation in the car was almost non-existent. Every one of us was having trouble coming to grips with all of the death. Once in a while we'd see a vehicle pulled off to the side of the road. By the time we made it to town we'd counted four semi-trucks and two cars like that. I slowed down as I came upon each vehicle, but it was a waste of time; there was no one there - not living at least.

I pulled into the parking lot of the Wal-Mart thinking that we might find someone else in our position had beaten us to the store; but I didn't see any movement in the parking lot. Just to be certain, I drove all the way around the building. Other than learning that there were several semi-trucks at the loading docks there was nothing new. Besides the semis I counted thirteen cars, two trucks, and three vans in the parking lot besides us and realized that we really didn't know what we might find in the store. Not wanting to haul things very far, I pulled the Cherokee up onto the sidewalk right up near the front doors.

"Ladies, I love each of you very much and I'd feel just awful if you were to get hurt. I don't know where we could go if one of us did get hurt for that matter. So please be extra careful; in fact, why don't all of us stay together. It might take a bit more time than normal to get the things we need; but that's okay. We aren't in any kind of hurry. There's a lot of hours of daylight left and the electricity is still on - so we should be able to get in and out of the stores we need to visit in plenty of time."

"Mike?"

"Yes Becky?"

"What if there are dead bodies in there?"

"Why don't you ladies walk behind me? That way I can scope things out first - okay?"

After just a bit of hesitancy, the women agreed that they'd follow me - even if they're might be dead bodies and things. I wasn't ready for us to be separated yet and didn't know when I would be comfortable with the thought.

As I led the way to the front doors the motion detector opened them for us. I'd been wondering about that and was quite happy I wouldn't have to shoot out the glass to get in; that would've been both noisy and messy. The whoosh of the doors still might alert someone to our presence but they were actually relatively quiet; especially compared to a gunshot or two.

We didn't see anything right away, so we headed over to the carts and each of us grabbed one. We moved towards the food section first since that was a priority. We filled two of the five carts before we really saw anything out of place; unless you count the emptiness of the place. There sitting out in the middle of the floor with his legs crossed Indian style, was a young man possibly in his early twenties. A big wide push broom lay near him on the floor. I turned to the ladies and signaled for them to be silent and remain where they were.

I moved closer to his position and moved around where I could get a look at him from the front. He didn't appear to be armed and was very much alive; though the glassy and vacant forward stare didn't attest to that. Trying to look as unthreatening as one can when wearing a fully outfitted weapons vest I called to him in a normal voice. "Hello there. My name is Mike. Are you alright?"

Turning his head my way, he stared at me with an expression of disbelief. I took a step nearer. "Talk to me son. Are you alright?" I asked again.

"You're real? Not a trick of my mind?"

"Yeah, I'm real all right. What's your name?"

"Gil. Gil Mason. What did you say your name was again?"

"Mike Telford. It's good to meet you Gil," I said as I reached out to shake his hand. "We haven't run into a lot of survivors yet; though I admit this is the first day we've started to look."

Gil rose steadily to his feet and turned to face me with a somewhat puzzled expression on his face.

"What's wrong Gil?" I asked.

"Uh, well - I don't know a nice way to ask, but why do you keep saying 'we' when there's only one of you?" he asked looking as if I might be a little touched in the head.

"Oh!" I exclaimed seeing the reason for his confusion. "I asked the others to hang back a bit until I could be sure everything was okay."

"Ladies, come meet Gil," I called.

When they arrived I made a brief introduction, "Gil, this is my family: Maureen, Becky, Dawn, and Patty. Ladies, this is Gil Mason."

"You folks don't know what a relief it is to meet you! I was starting to think I might be the only one left."

"You didn't find anyone else in town?" I asked with some apparent distress.

"I didn't mean to say that Sir. I drove here from Gaston to check on my Uncle," Gil paused for a moment and looked kind of sad. "He used to work here. After mom and dad died I came down here hoping I'd find him alive. From the direction I was heading the store was closer than his house and I did see his truck out there in the parking lot."

"Did you find him?" Patty asked.

"Uh, well yeah - I found him," Gil replied his voice trailing into silence.

"Sorry Gil. We just lost my dad too," Becky told him.

"With so much dyin' probably everyone's lost somebody," Gil said. Pointing to the broom he began again, "I took care of the few bodies I found as best I could. They break apart into what looks like salt crystals as soon as you touch them. Didn't know what was worse - just leavin' them there, or trying to clean things up a bit. Finally I decided I'd clean things up. I found some boxes in the back and tried to give each body its own box at least."

He'd trailed off to silence again and I could see that glassy expression starting to take hold. "Gil, I'm really sorry about what's happened but you need to snap out of this funk. If we just keep focusing on the death we're all likely to go nuts. You're alive and there are some others as well. If we've made it there must be more. Let's do our best to think about staying alive and making as best of a life for ourselves as we can."

"Yes Sir. I'll try my best; but it won't be easy."

After talking with him, I discovered that he'd only checked about a third of the large store before he found his Uncle; understandably that kind of occupied him.

Pulling Maureen aside I told her I needed to check the rest of the store and that I'd better do that without Gil considering his current emotional state. Dawn came over and asked what the plan was. I also told her to stay with Gil and the rest of the ladies and finish stocking up on food. She startled me when she asked if she could have a weapon. After checking with her and finding that she did indeed know how to use one I did a quick review of gun safety with her and handed her a Glock. I was reassured when she almost reflexively checked to see that the safety was on. Discovering that one of my beauties knew how to use a weapon really lifted my spirits a bit. That meant that I could concentrate more fully on a recon of the rest of the store knowing that they should be safe. Never the less, the very first thing I intended to pick up would be in the electronics section - some of those short range radios that'd become so common recently.

After I had found two four packs of the radios and checked the batteries in each, I set them all to the same channel and made certain they were working. Then I high tailed it back to the food section and gave one to each of my women and one to Gil as well. I asked Gil if he knew how to use them and when he said he did I asked him to show the others. The radios were really simple, but I figured it'd give him something to focus on and he seemed to need that right now; the ladies seemed to sense that to.

I counted a total of seventeen crystallized corpses in the main portion of the store. Where there were purses I checked them for keys thinking that maybe one or two of those pickups might come in handy. When I reached the far side of the store and began to move through the doors marked 'employees only' I thought I heard some noise. I quietly nudged the swinging door open a few inches so I could hear better.

"Rhonda, do you know how to run one of these things? If we could figure it out, we'd be able to load everything Stephanie sent us after on one or two pallets and just load them into the back of the truck."

I cautiously nudged my head around the edge of the door until I could see the speaker. She was looking at the handle on one of the small electric pallet lifts. I was trying to figure out how to let her know I was there without startling her too much.

"I've used one of those before Tracy; but I sure wish we knew how to use one of these forklifts. My dad was a truck driver and he taught me how to drive the big eighteen wheelers, but that all seems pointless without knowing how to use the forklift. I mean, if we could handle the forklift, we could just load up the empty trailer with all the stuff she asked for plus quite a bit more," Rhonda told her.

"You really know how to drive one of those big rigs?" Tracy asked in an astonished voice.

"Yup! I drove the bus didn't I? You know I've probably done almost as much driving in one of those as I have in my pickup. It's probably overkill; but I just don't think Stephanie really has figured out just how much food, toiletries, clothes, and other stuff we're going to need to take care of everyone in the group," Rhonda told her.

I couldn't figure out what the best way would be to let them know that they weren't alone, so I just started to speak. "Hello Ladies!" I said as I pushed the door open and walked through. "My name is Mike Telford. Can I help you out with anything?"

I'd been worried about frightening them and causing them to freak out. Well, they did freak out a bit, but not for any of the reasons I thought they might. Tracy's eyes got really big and she exclaimed "you're a man!"

I ran the fingers of my right hand over my neatly trimmed beard and reached my left hand down to my crotch and gave my cock a quick check. "Yup! Sure enough, you're right Miss! I am a man!" I said with a chuckle and then smiled at her.

The stunned expression she had on her face melted into mirth as she chucked along with me and said "I guess I was stating the obvious; but you're the first man we've seen alive in over a week Sir. We were afraid that there might not be any left."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.