Ed Biggers - Cover

Ed Biggers

Copyright© 2004 by Lazlo Zalezac

Chapter 6

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Ed Biggers, bully and cowboy, meets John Carter and changes into a much better man. This is a story about becoming the best person that you can be.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Group Sex   Interracial   Safe Sex   Slow   School  

Kelly and Ed had discussed the kind of future Ed had in store for himself. Since he had never given it much thought, he had no clue and asked for her advice. Kelly suggested that he pick up a little college education. The idea of going to college had really thrown him for a loop and he decided that he should talk to John about the matter. John was in school and could possibly provide some insight into what he might study.

John was slowly walking up the street, chatting with neighbors. It amazed Ed at how quickly John had become widely respected in the neighborhood. Finally, John reached his house. Ed Biggers strolled over and greeted him, “Howdy, neighbor.”

“Hi, Ed. How are you doing?”

“I’m doing fine.”

“That’s good to hear.”

Nervous about imposing on John, he asked, “You got a minute to talk?”

“Sure, I’ve got all week. I just finished the second draft of my thesis, and I’ll wait a week before reading it over.”

Ed laughed at the idea of this discussion lasting a week. Most likely, it would last two minutes with most of it spent listening to John laughing at him. He said, “Well, I promise it won’t take a whole week.”

John gestured and said, “Why don’t we go out in my backyard and chat there? I have two lawn chairs, some iced tea, and a nice patio with a good view.”

Ed looked uncomfortable for a few moments. It took him that long to identify the source of his discomfort. He finally realized that he had never before been invited over to someone’s house. He answered, “Sure, that would be good.”

Ed followed John into the house. He watched as John took the pitcher of iced tea from the refrigerator and filled two glasses with ice. After taking a glass from John, he followed him outdoors.

After seating themselves in the chairs, John poured the iced tea. He set the pitcher on a cinder block situated between the chairs. Taking a sip of the tea, he sighed, “Oh, boy! That tastes real good on a hot day like today.”

Ed laughed as he realized something for the first time. He said, “You know something. I didn’t know that until a couple of weeks ago. I’ve quit drinking.”

“Was it tough?”

Ed was quiet for a moment as he thought about it. He nodded slightly, “It was a little tougher than I thought it would be. It wasn’t that I was an alcoholic. I guess drinking was more of a habit.”

John nodded as he said, “I understand. I had the same problem when I quit drinking.”

Ed looked very surprised to hear that. He had assumed that John had never had a tough day in his life. He asked, “You used to drink?”

“Oh, yes. I quit drinking the night my brother wrapped his car around a telephone pole.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” That revelation surprised him. It was then he realized that he didn’t really know much about John’s past other than the heroic activities.

“No problem,” replied John. “It took me a long time to come to grips with it. I guess the day I died was the major turning point with respect to my feelings about death and the death of my brother.”

“I guess it would tend to change your perspective. Of course, I wouldn’t know about that.”

John was quiet for a while as he thought about his past. He sighed, “I guess I’m not so afraid of dying, now. I don’t know if that makes it easier for me to do the things that I’ve done. I really don’t think about any of that. I just act.”

Ed thought about what John had said. Was a man any less of a hero because he wasn’t afraid of dying? He didn’t think so. The sunset ended as Ed finally said, “You acted in exactly the same manner before you died as you do now. That’s how you got killed.”

“I guess that’s true.”

They sat there for a while watching the stars come out. The dark Arizona sky made star gazing a wonderful pastime. Ed had never just sat and watched the stars with anyone other than Kelly. It was nice, sharing moments like this with someone else. His thoughts were interrupted when John asked, “So how do you feel now that you aren’t drinking?”

Ed laughed as he answered, “Pretty good. I’ve found that I have a lot more time than I ever had before.”

“So what are you going to do to fill up that time? Visit that nurse from the hospital?”

Ed laughed as he said, “Yeah, I’ve been doing a lot of that. Kelly’s very nice. She makes me think about things.”

“Like what, if I may ask?”

“Well, we’ve been talking about my future. It hasn’t looked very good for a long time.” There was a significant pause as Ed worried about how John would react. He added, “I’ve decided to go to school.”

John had just finished putting down his iced tea glass, which was fortunate because if he had been holding it he would have dropped it. He had never heard anything so surprising in his life. John took a moment to compose himself before he said, “That’s great. What are you planning on studying?”

Getting asked that question surprised Ed. He had expected that John would suggest something to him.

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.”

John was taken by surprise again. He asked, “So what are you thinking?”

“I don’t really know what there is out there. Many things, well, they just seem out of my reach. I couldn’t be a lawyer or doctor, for example. I’m a little old to start down those paths.”

Ed waited for a long time for a response, getting more nervous the longer John was quiet. John finally broke his silence when he said, “Ed, let me ask you one question.”

“Go ahead.”

“What do you like to do more than anything?”

That was a question that he had never considered and didn’t understand what that had to do with going to school. He answered, “The only thing I’ve ever done is work cattle.”

John shook his head, “No, I don’t mean work you like. I mean, what do you really like to do?”

Ed’s face wrinkled in confusion. He asked, “When?”

“Imagine that tomorrow you get to do anything you want. You can take the whole day off with no worries. What would you do?”

The fact was that he was faced with a lot of free time now and didn’t know what to do with it. The weekends were almost torture now. He answered, “I don’t know. What would you be doing?”

“I’d be out hiking. I hike almost four months of the year.”

He liked riding out in the desert, but wondered how that would help. He said, “I didn’t think about stuff like that. What has it to do with deciding what you are going to study?”

John smiled as he answered, “I wanted to understand rainbows, and sunrises, and sunsets.”

“So you studied physics. Yeah, it makes sense.” It did make sense to Ed and he thought that John was fortunate to have been able to combine his interest and his work.

“What would you be doing?”

“I guess I would be riding around on my horse.”

John was silent for a minute or two. This line of questioning wasn’t going as well as he thought it should. It wasn’t natural for an adult man not to have some kind of interest in something. A sudden inspiration hit him, “What are you doing while riding your horse?”

Ed looked around a little embarrassed as memories of his father hitting him for his worthless daydreams returned. As a result of his father, he had hidden his interest since then. “Promise you won’t laugh?”

John made a boy scouts honor gesture and said, “I promise.”

Ed made a sucking sound between his teeth. This was one of the hardest things to admit aloud. Finally, he said, “I’m looking at rocks.”

“Rocks?” asked John.

“Yes,” replied Ed, happy that John had not burst out laughing.

“Any special kind of rocks?”

Ed answered, “All kinds. There are examples of sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous in the area.”

“Are you more interested in the geology of the area or the mineralogy?”

“Actually, I like the mineralogy. You know, I look at things like the shape, composition, and color. The geology just helps me locate them. You don’t think that’s weird?”

John laughed and answered, “God no. That’s wonderful!”

Ed looked shocked at the positive reaction. He asked, “You don’t think it’s childish?”

“Oh, Ed. You and I are going to have to go to Arizona State University. There’s something there that you really need to see.”

“What’s there?” He wondered what he could see at the University that dealt with rocks. He still felt that looking at rocks was a childish activity, his dad had beat that lesson into him well.

“Only one of the finest mineralogy departments in the country. It’s going to blow your mind with the kinds of things they’re doing there.”

Ed sat up straighter and asked, “Really? What kinds of things?”

John smiled and answered, “You’ll just have to see for yourself.”

“You know, I never thought of actually studying rocks formally.”

“Let me tell you something that I really believe,” John said. “If you are truly passionate about a subject, someone will pay you to work in it. It doesn’t matter what subject. I know of a guy who likes to review bad movies. He has a nationally syndicated column where he gets to review bad movies. Like I said, it doesn’t matter what subject you are passionate about, someone will pay you for what you know.”

“You’re serious aren’t you?” Ed said, amazed.

The idea that someone would pay him look at rocks sounded so ridiculous that he had to seriously consider it.

“You bet,” replied John. He looked up at the sky for a minute and then stated, “I’ll tell you what, let me make a call or two tomorrow and arrange a visit there. I’m not sure when the visit will be, but we’ll drive up there together. If you want to take Kelly with you, that’ll be all right, too.”

“John, you’re an amazing person. I’m really glad I talked to you.”

John shook his head as he said, “I’m glad I was able to help. It’s not going to be easy. You’ll have to take a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with mineralogy.”

“No problem.” Ed realized that he would happily sit through a bunch of other stuff to have a chance learn more about rocks. He was very happy about this prospect.

The next evening, Ed came over to find out about going to the university with John. In response to his knock on the door, John answered. He took one look at Ed and frowned. Ed was rather taken aback by the less than friendly reaction. John noticed the change in Ed’s demeanor and apologized, “Oh, Ed. I’m sorry. I’m expecting my girlfriend to drop in anytime now. I had thought you were her for a moment there.”

Ed knew about the big blowup between the two. It was a good sign that she was coming out here. Ed laughed in relief. He said, “Hell, I’d be disappointed if a man was at the door when I was expecting a woman.”

John smiled as he said, “Well, I’m sorry anyway. I set up a visit to the university for the day after tomorrow. If Kelly comes, that will make four.”

Ed grinned at the thought of going there with Kelly. He nodded excitedly and said, “Okay, I’ll talk to her tonight. We’ll both take the day off.”

“Great. I’m looking forward to it.”

“So what are your plans for your girl?” Ed was curious about how John treated the woman in his life.

“Oh, I was going to Maria’s for dinner, and then over to the bar to meet Shirley.”

Ed looked around and then said, “I’m going to head across the street. Don’t want to interfere with the grand reunion.”

“You don’t have to run off.”

“Now you’re just being polite,” replied Ed with a laugh. As he turned and walked away, he shouted out, “Good night, John. Have a nice evening.”

“Thanks. Have a good night!”

Ed walked across the street and started to do a little work on the yard. About the time that John had opened his front door and checked the street for a second time, Ed had worked out a plan. Ed shook his head when John waved and went back in the house.

Ed wandered down the road, calling out to people as they ran into their houses in a move to avoid him. The few that turned around, listened to what he had to say nervous at his attention. After he delivered his invitation, he went on to the next neighbor. Everyone he talked to was left confused, staring at him as he walked away.

Ed entered the bar and sidled up to the counter. Worried about what it meant, Shirley looked over at the smile on his face. She came over and asked, “Coke?”

Ed shook his head and answered, “No. I need to rent the place for the evening.”

Very surprised at the request, Shirley asked, “What’s the occasion?”

Ed answered, “John’s girlfriend is coming to town tonight. I want to throw a little party for them. I’ve invited everyone that I’ve seen so far.”

Shirley looked at Ed in wonder. He was actually putting together a party for another person. She asked, “What would you like to serve?”

Ed answered, “I figure you could serve soft drinks and ice tea. Anyone that wants a hard drink would still buy it from you. I was going to get Maria to cater it and some fresh pies from the restaurant next door.”

Shirley liked John a lot and the idea of having a party appealed to her. She shrugged, “Okay, I can let you have it.”

Ed asked, “How much?”

A usual night brought in about four hundred. There should still about two hundred in liquor sales, so two hundred seemed like a reasonable amount. She answered, “Two hundred plus the cost of beverages?”

Ed said, “Great. I’ll be back.”

“I’ll be here,” replied Shirley. She went to work cleaning the pitchers and getting the place ready for a crowd. She had doubts that anyone would show up, particularly if Ed invited them. Still, this was for John, and for some reason she really liked the man. Besides, she was curious who the woman was and what she was like.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.