How High a Price: A Long Ending
Chapter 5: Wednesday

Copyright© 2004 by BDad

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 5: Wednesday - This is an ending to Troubadors original start that deals with the pain and emotion of betrayal between two people who love each other deeply. It is not a stroke story. It points out that all transgressions come with a price to be paid by everyone involved, none escape. Hearts and lives are broken, careers made and destroyed, and there is a good old ass kicking. It is a journey of hope.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Cheating   Humiliation   Violence  

Early woke the next morning before the alarm went off and lay staring into the dark mulling the events of the past week over in his mind. For the first time he allowed himself to feel optimistic about his future with Susan. Lying snuggled up against her back he smelled her hair and marveled at how being here with her like this could make him feel so wonderful. He would do anything to keep her, God help anyone who would try to change that.

Quietly slipping out of bed Early got ready for work and after eating breakfast he stopped to say goodbye.

"Are you awake Sunshine?"

"Yes, it is so nice and cozy here I just want to lay snuggled up in the blankets and remember last night."

"Stay there then, there is nothing in particular you have to do."

Getting out of bed Susan pulled on her robe and taking Early's arm "I'll walk you to the door you wonderful man."

Feigning surprise "Wow! To what do I owe those kind words?"

"All of the things you have done for us, your understanding and love, and last nights performance didn't hurt either!' she answered dreamily.

Kissing her goodbye Early reluctantly headed out the door "I'll call you from the office later in the day"

During the drive to work Early felt joy in their improving relationship. There remained issues to work out between them but changed attitudes and time would heal those. Of more immediate concern was how he was going to deal with Stickner. That he needed to be taught a lesson was a foregone conclusion. What that lesson would be depended on what opportunities presented themselves. Early decided to put that operation into motion today.

May greeted him with a twinkle in her eye with a pointed comment about his improved appearance. All around him in the office seemed more upbeat and positive than he had remembered for a while.

He had a pile of work on his desk and two meetings that required his presence before noon so he dug in with renewed vigor and was soon lost in the demands of the day.

Mays voice interrupted Early's concentration "Early, Susan is on the phone and it sounds important."

The urgency of Mays comment jerked Early back into the here and now as he picked up the phone "Susan?"

"Early, he called again and was yelling and making threats!" an excited Susan poured out over the phone.

"Whoa, slow down, who called and what kind of threats?"

"John called. He said he wasn't going to let me ruin his career and if I didn't fix things with the firm he was going to make me sorry! Early he was screaming and calling me terrible names!"

"Are you OK?"

"Yes I'm fine." Susan replied in a calmer voice. "Talking to you makes me feel better." Then in a more tentative voice "Early, I think he is coming here to the house and I am a little frightened, what should I do?"

"Stay there I will be right home" then as an afterthought "This son-of-a-bitch has really pissed me off."

"Early please be careful, don't do anything foolish." Susan replied, Early's uncharacteristic profanity catching her off guard.

"Don't worry, all of our foolish doings are behind us now" Early snapped back. "Stay in the house and don't let Stickner in if he shows up."

Hanging up the phone Early hastily prepared to leave his office, "May, I am leaving for the day. Please contact Sam and Jay and ask them not to go very far away from their phones, I may need some serious help before this day is over."

"What's wrong Early?"

"Stickner is causing trouble and I have endured all the abuse from him I am going to. I'll call you later if there is something I need."

"Be careful Early, and take good care of Susan."

"Not to worry mother May, I intend to do both." And with that last statement delivered over his shoulder as he went through the door, Early left.

The drive home seemed to take forever and it took a great deal of discipline for Early to stay within the speed limit and exercise reasonable caution. It would be a bad time after all for him to be involved in an accident.

As Early approached his house he saw Stickner's Jaguar parked in the driveway and his anger flared to white hot. The nerve of this arrogant son-of-a-bitch thought Early, coming right into my home, especially after I warned him to stay away from Susan. His day is about to become really unpleasant. "At least now I don't have to hunt the wormy bastard down."

Early parked his car alongside the Jag and he sat for a moment, collecting his thoughts and deciding what he was going to do. A different Early got out of the car and calmly went to the back door and let himself into the kitchen. This Early was cold and hard and God help anyone who got in his way.

He could hear raised voices in the living room and made his way to where he could see into the room. Neither Susan nor John were aware of his arrival.

"Get out of my house John, who the hell do you think you are pushing your way in uninvited!" Susan was nearly hysterical as she attempted to deal with a determined looking Stickner.

"I'm not leaving until you call Anderson and straighten out the things you told him. If you want to quit then quit but I've got a good thing going and with the amount of time I have invested I'm not ready to pack it in just quite yet."

"I'm not calling Anderson, I made a horrible mistake and did something inexcusable. I'm taking responsibility for that and paying a horrible price for it. You lied and cheated and screwed a bunch of people over and you are going to have to deal with that yourself, I am not going to help you slide out of facing the consequences of your actions!!"

"I'm telling you for the last time Susan, call Anderson and take back all of those things you told him about me!" Stickner was becoming hysterical and advanced towards Susan.

"I'm not calling Anderson" Susan screamed back at him as she backed away attempting to escape John as he closed in on her.

Stickner lunged at Susan and grabbing her by the arm he threw her down on the couch She cowered from him he stood over her threateningly "Yes you will, I'm not letting some sniveling cunt ruin my career! Now get on that Goddamed phone and... !?"

At that moment Early reached John and spinning him around, landed a hard right fist to the mans solar plexus, knocking the breath out of him.

As a surprised John struggled to breathe Early bent over and spoke into his face "I told you not to ever come into contact with my wife again, weren't you listening or are you just stupid?"

"Fuck you! I'm not going to lose my career and my position because some over achieving bimbo got her feelings hurt!" Stickner wheezed out.

"Wrong answer" Early answered calmly then he slapped John hard across his face with his open hand.

A wild eyed John lunged at Early with fists flailing "I'll kill you, you son of a bitch!"

Avoiding the enraged man Early hit John solidly in the face with his fist, knocking him to the floor and spattering blood across the two men and over Johns face.

"You've broken my nose! I'm going to have you arrested and thrown in jail! Stickner screamed.

"I don't think so" Early replied in a voice as if he were commenting on tomorrow's weather report.

Glassy eyed and on the verge of hysteria John held his hand to his bleeding nose "You don't know who you are fooling with" he snarled "I am going to have you arrested for assault, I know important people in this town. You are going to be sorry you were ever born!"

Like a snake striking Early reached out and slapped John across the face spattering blood even farther around the room "Shut up Asshole, you don't know anybody that can help you now."

In one last desperate attempt John lunged to his feet and hit Early a glancing blow on the shoulder. Early reacted to Stickners assault with an air of annoyance and stepping inside the mans outstreached arms hit him solidly in the midsection. John folded up on the floor again gasping for breath, the fight gone out of him.

"Early" a panicked Susan called as she rose from the couch "Please stop!"

"Shut up Susan" Early snapped back at her "I told you what would happen if you interfere, decide now whose side you're on!"

Susan stared at Early for a moment with a wild look on her face then backed away without speaking further.

Where Early had been cold and emotionless before, his expression now was one of pure malice. Turning back to Stickner he jerked the mans head up by his hair and hit him with an open hand across the face, waited a few seconds and did it again. Stickner tried feebly to raise his arms to shield himself from the assault but Early pushed his arms out of the way and slapped him again, blood now covering all of Stickner's face and running down the front of his shirt.

"Oh God! Please, no more, no more, mercy!"

"There is no mercy for an asshole like you"

"Help! Please no more!" Stickner blubbered in submission.

"Tell Susan you're sorry"

"OK! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, just don't hit me anymore!"

Susan moved closer to John where she could look him in the face "Why did you lie to me, lie to the Senior Partners about my work and about the work of my staff?"

"What are you talking about, I didn't lie"

A hard punch to the kidneys elicited a sharp scream of pain from Stickner "Wrong answer you piece of shit!" Early growled in his ear.

Gasping and wheezing Stickner looked up at Susan "I was in trouble at the firm for screwing up the Melrose account and because of your past work and background it was decided to give you a shot at fixing it. I let you do the work and I took the credit. I passed on to you whatever was needed to keep you interested. When you were successful at saving the account I made the partners think it was my doing. You not showing up for the Monday morning staff meeting to dispute my story was the icing on the cake and I got credit for everything."

Listening quietly in disbelief and with tears forming in her eyes Susan continued in a pained tone "What about your dead wife, and how lonely you had been?"

"No! If I talk about that he will kill me!"

"Answer her asshole, if you don't start talking I WILL kill you for the fun of it. I'll start by breaking little pieces of various body parts one at a time!"

Whispering in a voice so low it was barely more than a whisper "I wanted to get in your pants."

Angrily Susan stepped closer to Stickner "What did you say?"

"I said I wanted to get in your pants"

"What about your poor dead wife"

"It was just a story I made up to make you feel sorry for me"

Shocked, Susan stared at John for a moment "And I felt sorry for you, looked up to you as a dear friend and a mentor. You were someone I admired! It was all a lie, you used me and then you stabbed me in the back! How did I ever get taken in by someone like you!"

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.