To Know the Future
Chapter 14

Copyright© 2004 by MasterDavid

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 14 - Julia is alone in the world. Her parents are dead, her lover abandoned her when she became pregnant, and now her estranged older brother has committed suicide. When she finds his final message, a crazy scrawl that tells of a man with a machine that tells the future, she feels he must have been driven insane

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Science Fiction   Slow  

The next morning, Julia set about changing her life.

Her first act was to call her school to let them know that she would be taking an additional week of leave. While talking to the school secretary, Julia made sure to warn her that there was a good chance that she might not return to teaching this school year... if at all. Clucking in sympathy, the secretary said she'd make a note that Julia's class would continue to need a substitute, and told Julia to take her time before making any final decisions. Though she knew it was unlikely she would change her mind, Julia agreed to think more before quitting completely. The secretary then regaled Julia with all the school gossip she'd missed for the last few weeks before ending the call with a cheery "Gotta' run!" Julia smiled as she hung up the phone.

Her second call was long distance, placed to the office of her brother's attorney in Rochester. The phone rang five times, and then switched over to an answering machine featuring a male: "You've reached the office of Charles Higgenson. I'm not in the office right now, but if you care to leave a message, I'll be glad to return your call as soon as possible. Thank you." Looking at the clock, Julia realized that it might be an hour or two before the lawyer even opened his office, and chided herself for being so eager to get the matter out of the way that she called much too early. When the beep sounded in mid-chide, she stumbled for a moment before finally starting to speak. "Mister... ummm... Higgenson, yes... this is Julia Perry, Richard's sister. I realize now that I've called too early, but I do hope you might call me back this morning so that we can arrange a time to meet to talk about the issues you mentioned in your letter..."

Unexpectedly, Julia heard the click of another phone picking up, and a groggy "Hello? Miss Perry?" came from the other end of the line. Though the voice was thick with sleep, Julia recognized it as the same one from the answering machine's greeting, and asked, "Is this Mr. Higgenson?"

"Yes, that's me. I'm afraid you caught me still in bed this morning, though only a few minutes from wake-up time."

"I thought the message said that this was your office phone?"

Higgenson chuckled. "Well, considering that my office is a part of my home, and that I tend to get calls at all hours of the day from my international clients seeking advice, I generally have to be able to hear my office phone 24 hours a day. And, when I heard you mention you were Richard's sister, I knew I could not just let you leave a message and hang up."

"Well, thank you for the courtesy, Mr. Higgenson. I am sorry I woke you. Should I call back later?"

"No, no, it's more than all right. Your brother woke me many a day much earlier than this, and, for everything I owe him, I think I have to extend you every courtesy I have to offer. Can you hold for a moment?"

"Certainly," Julia began, but before she could say more, she heard the phone switch from a live line to the deadened sound of being placed on hold. In the silence, Julia contemplated how good-natured the lawyer seemed, despite being awakened earlier than he might have wished. Though the bonhomie might simply be the façade of barrister pandering to a client, another lawyer might have brushed her off or told her call back at a more convenient time. Instead, Julia sensed that Higgenson did not consider it an imposition to rise before his alarm... though she had yet to determine whether his consideration was for her specifically, or if he would act the same for any client. Before she could ruminate any further, the lawyer came back on the line. "Miss Perry? I've moved into my office now, so that I can access anything we might need during our conversation. I assume you called to set up an appointment to speak with me in person?"

"That was absolutely my intent, Mr. Higgenson, and quite an astute assumption."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.