Once More With Feelings
Chapter 27: On the Road Again

Copyright© 2004 by The Night Hawk

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 27: On the Road Again - Life's a bitch, baby. Then you die. Or do you? What IF you had a second chance? Be careful of what you wish for! Sometimes the shoe lands on the wrong foot!

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Time Travel   DoOver   Oral Sex   Petting  

Anyone who ever thought pheromones don't affect other people has never lived in a girls' dorm. It's like a secret code the Goddess built into us to help us find our companions in life. Scientists might never be able to prove it, but the evidence has been there for years. It's not only to attract others to us, but I think it helps identify those who we can trust, and it helps us to get in tune with them.

It was downright amazing to me to see first hand how quickly these little secret agents worked at identifying kindred spirits. When I first met Wendy, and I had my first period in this female body, Wendy was due about two weeks later. In a matter of just five months, Wendy and I were only a day apart. Not so strangely, Linda and Julie were also synched, but the irony of our relationship was that we were starting to move in on their schedule. Being younger, we were more flexible, and a day late or early was no cause for alarm. I guess this really hit home for me when Saturday morning Julie was complaining of mild bloating, and I knew that Annette and Mandy had started their periods during the week. Aside from Patrick, who enjoyed watching us go through what he had long ago grown accustomed to and no longer had to endure himself, the only one who seemed unaffected was Linda. She said she was feeling great.

"Must be all those male hormones I've been getting injected with," she confided to us on the bus.

Yes, once again on the bus, this time on our way to the University of Western Ontario for the Regional showdown.

I don't mean to sound blasé about it, but the night before, I had witnessed a genuine emotional meltdown caused by premenstrual syndrome, something that I had, as a man, always laughed off as an excuse for any behavior out of the ordinary. My mind was tired after spending most of the night comforting my Sweetheart. Physically, I knew that I could go a few nights on less sleep, but it was hard to concentrate on anything other than my Honey. Most of the team was quiet this morning on the ride over. While none of us felt any real pressure to win, the idea that news reporters were doing historical searches for records that we were breaking did tend to make one introspective.

The only sure winner out of all of this was the Sick Children's Hospital.

Our fans and supporters must have wondered about our solemn demeanor as we got off the bus. They probably thought we were concerned about the competition we would face today, and it was only after Sister Gabe told us to smile and wave that I heard our brass band playing. We stopped at the auditorium doors, turned, waved, and smiled to all the loyal fans and the new fans we had gained as we were now representing London.

Teams from other cities and areas had ridden in on longer bus rides, some from as far as 300 Km away. London was and always had been the host city for the Regionals as it was the most central of the area.

Annette had asked if we were going to do the hair thing again today but I told her that everyone was going to be expecting it. We'd save that for another day if we made it through this one!

She laughed and in the dressing room told everyone to play loose and not to risk injury. "We can afford to let our opponents get a few points," she said. "Winning two out of three is all we need to win in each match. Of course if we lose one game, the record will end even if we do go on to the Provincial level."

Unlike Fanshawe, this place was really huge, but I think with all of the attention we had received over the past few months, we just tuned out all the distractions. The press and TV crews were just background noise now as were all the fans and supporters. Aside from noticing Mike, Ann, and Einstein--even Tom and Rita had managed to make it today--Wendy and I didn't go out of our way looking for any other familiar faces. Today it just seemed like a job. I sighed. We needed a bit of spirit if we were going to keep this fun. Einstein seemed to know. Ever since we had switched bodies, Einstein and I had developed a near-psychic bond. We couldn't communicate or transmit thoughts or anything like that, but we seemed to know when the other was off-kilter--like when he had passed out the day Father Bob hit me.

After we had changed into our uniforms and checked all our laces and other odds and ends, we headed out the door to enter the 'arena.'

As the announcer was introducing the eight teams competing for the Southwestern title, I saw Einstein heading to the control booth with a box under his arm. I looked to Mike and he gave me a wink and a smile. Oh, good Goddess!

The eight contenders for the Regional title were the Windsor Spitfires - something that Jim had told us was a given - the Sarnia Hornets, the Leamington 57's, (damn I was glad I lived in the Forest City. Imagine your team named after the one big industry in your town and it being the Heinz ketchup plant!) The Chatham-Kent Hawks, the Woodstock Angels, the Goderich Stingers, and the Niagara Lakers.

Somewhere, sometime in the last week, some anonymous representatives for the boards of education covering the region had tallied scores and wins and decided who would face whom in the first match. As we took our benches and Sister Gabe was telling us who our opponents would be, the loudspeakers in the auditorium cut loose with a recorded version of our very own brass band playing our theme song! Real loud!

All eyes turned to the control booth, and I started laughing. I could see Einstein's smiling face behind the recently vacated control booth, with somebody, who I assumed was the announcer, and two security guards banging on the door demanding he open it. By the time someone with keys made it to the booth, the song had finished and the mostly London crowd was on its feet whooping it up. The supporters and fans of the other teams were not as amused and crossed their arms or openly booed. We didn't care. This was just the kick in the butt the team needed. We jumped off our bench when we saw security take Einstein away. All the girls knew him by now, and Annette said, "Let's win this one for Patrick!"

I've got to say this for the Hawks, our first opponents of the day, and one of the best teams in the region, they played hard and fair, with none of the dirty tricks we had seen pulled before. It didn't help them in the end, as we easily defeated them 25 - 6 and 25 - 4. We shook hands with all their players and congratulated them and their coach for a well-played game. It was the most challenging match of the day. The Spitfires went down 25 - 3 and 25 - 1, and I could see Jim Blake writing furiously as we met the Woodstock Angels for the final match of the Regional tournament. 25 - 1 and 25 - zip was all she wrote, and after cheers and photographs we were homeward bound.


I was pleasantly surprised to find Einstein waiting for us at St. Ursula's. It turned out that he had a bit of outside help getting out of the mischief he had created. Mike and Einstein had recorded the band earlier in the week, and then Mike had shown him how to bypass the lockout on the PA. Armed with a portable cassette deck from the shop, Einstein had shown the security guard his "official" papers as an audio tech and simply walked into the booth, which was unlocked. "After all," he said. "Who would ever think of hijacking an audio booth when the sound board is locked?"

"You goof!" I said. "That's the kind of stunt that can get you into serious hot water!"

He looked at me like I was from another planet. I just didn't get it.

"Patti," said Annette, "do you really think any London cop is going to arrest someone for being a Saints' fan? Huh? All he did was to play some music real loud, and Mr. McKay was ready to step in, just in case!"

I turned to Annette. "You knew about this?"

She laughed. "No, Daddy told me after the game. I was worried about Patrick too."

Mike and Ann arrived about this time, and Mike was just laughing to beat the band. He put his arm around Einstein and told him that he had retrieved the tape deck, and that Patrick had done it just right! "Pity you had to miss the game though, Son."

I felt just like Linda Blair in "The Exorcist." My head must have spun 360 degrees! Mike had just called Einstein, "Son!"

"That's my boy," said Tom with a grin of pure delight on his face, and Rita was hugging him all up, saying how proud she was of him. Of course everyone wanted to hear the whole story and we saw Robert and Hilda striding our way.

"Glad to see you didn't get into any trouble over that," said Robert. "Damnedest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen some stunts in my time!"

"Robert, your language please," said Hilda, putting her arm through his. Annette was trying to hide her smile.

"Oh, tarnation, woman," said Robert. "You know how I get when I'm excited," and then he blushed as he realized what he had just said.

Einstein laughed and then told us how the security guards had whispered to him that they had to make it look good for fans of the other teams. As soon as they got out of the auditorium they released him and regretfully escorted him to the front door where a big, shiny, black Lincoln limousine was waiting with its engine running. Mr. McKay was in the back seat. His chauffeur drove them to the school, even though it was a nice day for walking.

"So who came up with this idea?" asked Mandy. That was what I wanted to know as well!

Mike spoke up. "Patrick and I were working late on Monday when he mentioned that athletes sometimes suffer a mild depression after achieving one goal. He said the Saints might need something drastic to pep them up. When he asked about tapping into Western's PA system, I got thinking about how we could do it. I called Tom and Bob, and we sat down and went through the logistics of it. Wednesday, Bob had the band at the garage where Patrick and I recorded them. I borrowed a four-track from a band I do repairs for, and we did a proper recording, then we tweaked it and converted the four tracks into two, and now we have stereo cassettes!" He laughingly dug copies out of his suit jacket, handed Wendy and I one, and gave the rest to Annette for the other team members.


That night after the celebration party and jubilation by all the parents and fans, the team did its own recap of the day. We had never taken time off for any game, but the Provincial title was going to be this Friday! Robert wanted to drive us down, but Sister Elizabeth decided that the team was going via train, and that we would leave on Wednesday. That was a shock! She said she wanted us well rested in time for the game on Friday, which was going to be played at the University of Toronto. "We'll call it an official Social Studies field trip," she said. "You girls can take in the Royal Ontario Museum on Thursday and perhaps do a bit of shopping later in the day."

It felt kind of strange knowing we wouldn't be playing to a hometown crowd, but then--except for the team from Toronto--all the others would be from out of town as well. We were looking forward to the train ride. Sister Gabe and one of the novice nuns would be coming with us, as well as Julie. Linda was going to keep the school healthy, and continue trying to get knocked up. THAT was another thing. Mike, Ann, and Einstein wouldn't be there.

Still, the best part of the day was hearing what Jim had penned for his headline on the outcome of the Regionals: "Saints Clip Angels' Wings!"


Sunday was almost a repeat of the previous week with a blood test, a checkup from Doctor Gary, who we teased again, followed by some private quiet time with the team.

Once again, family and friends joined us later for the TV replay, and I was surprised to see Krissy occasionally holding hands with her roommate Oz - right in front of Krissy's parents! I looked at her father, a big bear of a man, but his expression was just one of paternal fondness, and her mother looked happy as well.

I felt an arm go around me and a quiet voice said, "I hope they're happy!"

I looked at Ann to see her gaze towards Krissy and Oz.

She looked at me, adding, "It can be hard to be different from what people expect of you in this world."

I felt myself blushing at her implied meaning, but Wendy just replied matter-of-factly, "They're very much in love, Mom." She sighed, and added, "And we're going to lose them come September, and Annette and Mandy too!"

Wendy saw us staring at her. "What!?"

"You're going to miss them, aren't you, Honey," Mom said softly.

Wendy nodded a little. "This is the first time I've ever had... real friends, you know?"

Mom caught her hand and gave it a little squeeze. "You know we love you, Honey!"

"I know," Wendy replied a little tearily, hugging her. "Now I've got the best Mom and Dad in the world!"

"Yeah, me too!" I made it a three-way hug, feeling my eyes tear up a bit.


A little later, I saw Krissy preparing a tray of snacks for her father from the selection of fresh fruits and vegetables on the side table, which made me think. Of course everyone in the team knew about Krissy's blood-sugar problem after last week when her parents whisked her off to see the doctor, but the look on her father's face when she handed him the plate - dismay combined with resignation - gave me a clue that there was more to it than we'd been told. It looked as if Krissy was determined to help him lose that large spare tire around his middle!

But what really amazed me was how he and his wife just... well... ignored how Krissy and Oz were touching hands and looking so totally in love! I mean Mom could see it, and some other adults had puzzled looks, but Mr. and Mrs. La Plaine looked as if it was totally normal. Or they were absolutely clueless, and I knew parents were never that dumb.

Watching the games and highlights on CFPL TV didn't hold much interest for me. Like Wendy, I was just coming back to normal after my period, so I was content to just relax, but I couldn't take my eyes off Krissy and Oz! Man... her folks must be real understanding 'cause there was no way that kind of handholding at their age could be construed as anything but love! I just prayed that Ann wouldn't ask if we were as happy! Wendy could be so brutally honest! I don't think that girl knew how to lie. Not that I would want to lie to Ann or Mike, but I would feel easier if I could avoid that particular question for the time being. I knew there was something about Ann that I didn't know, and Einstein had never discovered it either when he had Ann for his mother. My heart was racing. We had never openly displayed our love in front of Mike and Ann, but we hadn't done anything to deny it either. Oh, Goddess, my head was swimming with all kinds of thoughts and emotions when I heard Ann's voice, which brought me back to the present.

Ann said she could see how losing the graduating seniors would hamper the team for a bit but added that she was sure that next year's team would be comprised of more players and every bit as talented with the right amount of coaching and practice. I was close to hyperventilating! What if Mom did ask? Would I be strong enough to be as honest as Wendy?


Mass that afternoon was something else altogether. Einstein made sure to sit next to me as we watched Father Ed conduct his service under the watchful eye of Bishop Carter. We both knew that in 10 years, the Bishop would be named Cardinal. Einstein didn't have to tell me when he nudged me and nodded. I might not have been a Catholic in my past life, but when the Bishop was promoted, it had made national news.

As always, Father Ed made the sermon about our lives, not just as students and daughters of parents, but for the parents as well - talking specifically about the sacrifices we had all made.

After mass, and another fancy meal in the cafeteria, Sister Elizabeth seemed more at ease and announced that Tom O'Donnell had built and donated a brand new trophy case to be mounted in the foyer, which by the end of next week would have at least two trophies in it. She restated Annette's wishes that the team would be accepting no trophy until we had played our last game, so she would delegate someone to accept the Regional trophy on our behalf.

I gave Tom a big thumbs up, and a smile. Einstein had given him the son he had never had. (Any lingering doubts or feelings about whose parents belonged to who had been settled. They had been mine the first time, and I had fucked up royally. Einstein was a much better son than I had been, but as he constantly reminded me, I was a much better daughter to Mike and Ann than he had been.) What was strange though, was that in my first run through in this game called life, Tom and Rita didn't have any close friends - and certainly didn't attend church. Now they were benefactors to St. Ursula's and very much involved in life outside of home with friends like Mike and Ann and Robert.

Robert - He was another enigma in this lifetime. From all I remembered from my previous life, Robert Denure had been a bitter, miserly, reclusive businessman, but now he was openly courting his housekeeper and entertaining regularly. I knew that he was a bit upset at not being able to drive the big blue coach to Toronto with the team on board, but I had a sneaking suspicion that he was not going to let a little thing like technicalities get in the way of seeing his daughter, or his team play!

Einstein interrupted my train of thought. "You girls have been so busy, you totally missed or forgot about Valentine's Day," he said.

"Oh damn!" was my lame reply. "Well, we haven't really been out of the gym long enough in the past month to realize it," I added.

Linda and Julie, who were sitting next to us, laughed. "We couldn't very well get you girls a box of chocolates either," said Julie. "We had our own little party at our house with Patrick," Linda added in a whisper.

I looked at Einstein who had a smug look on his face. I leaned closer to him, pulling Wendy along with me, as I whispered to him that both Wendy and I had started on the pill. That brought a million-watt smile to his face.

Wendy said that we would be looking forward to the end of the season so we could see how much fun we could have! She was fast becoming incorrigible!

Somebody, however, had mentioned the Valentine's Day oversight to someone with some pull at the school, and after dessert was finished, Sister Elizabeth announced that the volleyball team had been invited to the Denure residence for an evening of swimming and relaxation before we left for Toronto. All the details had been taken care of, and there would be adequate parental supervision. My curiosity was driving me nuts. I was not used to not being in the know about what was going on! But I would have to wait for Monday night when the Saints' bus came to pick us up.


Classes flew by on Monday, and we were all set to go, waiting by the front doors when Robert arrived with the bus. By five, we were getting off the bus and entering his home, which was lavishly decorated with hearts and streamers. I never thought I could be so romantically touched, but I really enjoyed all the special care that had gone into this. Of course it came as no surprise to see Father Ed there with Tom and Rita and Mike and Ann. They were keeping company with Robert and Hilda. Linda and Julie had ridden over with us, and they changed into bathing suits as quickly as we girls did. There were platters of great food and I could see Hilda's handiwork in all of it. One thing I knew for sure. If Robert and Hilda ever got together in a relationship, he would eat well the rest of his life!

Besides the food, there were little boxes all wrapped up in shiny red paper with gold ribbons. Each of them had a nametag on it. Robert called for and got instant quiet. He was talking with a cigar that he kept using to point out certain things, and I had to bite my tongue to stop from laughing as I watched Mike and Tom puffing away on the same type of cigars, and then I realized that Father Ed was enjoying one of these as well. In his other hand was a glass of what I can only guess was cognac or maybe brandy. Mike and Tom had bottles of beer in their hands.

Robert said as soon as he distributed the gifts, he, Mike, and Tom were headed off to the basement recreation room to watch the basketball game. Father Ed reckoned he would enjoy the game as well, as long as there were cigars downstairs!

I kept looking around for Einstein till Julie noticed me and moved closer. "If you're looking for Patrick, you won't find him. Mr. Denure invited him, but he's studying for mid-terms."

I don't know why I missed him, but I did. Somehow I liked his version of my life much better than I had my own. I had a lover and friend in Wendy, and I had developed lots of good friendships with a lot of other people - a lot of good, close friendships. It was just that Einstein and I had a special bond. Something that defies description, as it was something I had never heard of before. For our entire lives, he would be me, and I would be him. Nothing could change that fact. And I was damn proud of him!

My reverie was broken when Wendy nudged me and I heard Robert call my name. He shook my hand and handed me one of the little red packages. I saw a lot of the other girls already holding one and realized my mind had been very far away. I was about to turn and walk back, but then on impulse, I threw my arms around him and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, Mr. Denure," I said softly. "Hilda's a very lucky lady."

Robert squeezed me tight when I said that. "Thank YOU, Patti," he said in a voice so low I had to strain to hear him. "Annie has told me all about what you and your friend have done for the school."

I leaned back and looked into his eyes. "Which friend?" I asked with a mischievous smile.

He swatted me on the butt as I scampered away, which got a laugh from the parents and my teammates. Annette just smiled, and I crinkled my eyebrows at her to let her know we had to talk.

When all the team players had gotten their packages, we opened them all together and were shocked to find gold brooches inside. They were miniature volleyballs with lopsided halos and the year 1975 stamped on the front with the initials SUC underneath for St. Ursula's College, and the name, Saints. They hung from a small ribbon with the school colors but had a pin so that we could wear them on our uniform blazers without the ribbon. It was the lopsided halos that got me laughing. Not only had someone gone to an awful lot of trouble and expense getting these made, but from the halos, it showed that a lot of thought had gone into it as well.

After all the proper ohs and ahs and other forms of thank-yous, the men headed off to the recreation room to watch the Detroit Pistons make their mark, leaving us girls under the watchful eyes of Ann, Rita, and Hilda, as Linda and Julie joined us in the pool. Many of the girls on the team grouped together since their roommates or lovers had not been included in the invitation. This was supposed to be the team's reward for having worked so hard at getting to the point where we were - heading to the Provincial tournament. Linda and Julie were doing laps with sure and practiced movements. Wendy and Mandy ducked off for the shallow end again, as Mandy had made it a personal goal to make sure that Wendy could swim before summer. After all, there had been talk about a swimming pool coming to the school, and with the basketball team's early wins, St. Ursula's was no longer thought of as just a school of refried brains.

Many of us on the volleyball team had originally signed for the basketball team as well, but with our extended playing season, brought on by a bid for the championship, we had to be content to watch our schoolmates make their own mark.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.