Kelly
Chapter 35A

Copyright© 2003 by The Night Hawk

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 35A - A story about finding love. Boy meets girl, girl meets boy's partner, etc. It's good fiction.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Oral Sex  

"Todd... arrested?" Vanetta asked, shocked and confused. She didn't wait for an answer but picked up her pace as she followed Bobby to the dark metallic blue van double parked out front, the engine running and a crying Ami sitting in the back seat.


It had started out as a beautiful summer day, the second last day in July. A cooling breeze was blowing in off the coast and the sun rising in a cloudless sky was what Dave Walker had woken up to. He was in good spirits, having spent another night with the lovely Annie Prince. They had showered together, lovingly and with gentleness, after waking up entangled and even more enthralled with each other. They had sat and enjoyed some of Jacob's mighty fine coffee, and then Dave had headed back to his own home to change for work. Dave didn't want Annie to think he was taking things for granted by bringing a change of clothes with him when they spent nights together.

He had arrived at CMPD Central just before seven, checked the duty roster, and was talking about the previous night's activity with Staff Sergeant Hale, when the sergeant had casually mentioned the arrest warrant for Todd Ayres and handed him the papers. It was a felony arrest warrant signed by Judge Richardson for the apprehension of the accused and included a no-bail clause based on a Grand Theft charge in Ohio from which Todd had run to supposedly avoid prosecution. In bold letters at the bottom was the notation Richardson had added to make it all legal.

Where as the statute of limitations for criminal cases in Ohio is 6 years for a felony (Ohio Revised Code § 2901.13.(A)(1)(a))

The period of limitation shall not run during any time when the accused purposely avoids prosecution. Proof that the accused departed this state or concealed the accused's identity or whereabouts is prima-facie evidence of the accused's purpose to avoid prosecution (Ohio Revised Code § 2901.13(G)).

Dave Walker had immediately pressed the intercom button and summoned his personal assistant. "Get detectives Weaver and Williams up here as soon as they arrive for their shift!"

Harry and Lew got the word when they reported at eight o'clock and double timed it up to the Captain's office.

"I thought you had Mr. Ayres all checked out and that there were no outstanding warrants for him anywhere," Dave scowled at them.

"We did, Captain," said Lew. "We checked every single police database and nothing showed up under either his new name or his birth name. I'm telling you there's nothing on him. He's as clean as a new whistle."

"Then why in the hell am I holding an arrest warrant for him?"

"That's pure bullshit," said Harry. "We talked to a duty sergeant in Akron, yesterday, and he said that the charge was so thin that nobody ever bothered filing it properly. It's been in their GIGO file for years. Hell, they even said that if Todd went in they could destroy it."

"It's a shame he didn't do it before this," said Dave, a little calmer. "But as much as I want to, we can't ignore this. Mr. Ayers is going to have to come down and be booked until such time that his lawyers can clear this up."

"We can call him and ask him to show up on his own," suggested Harry.

"Oh, all right. Let's just do that and let Richardson nail us all on contempt charges. Nope, we've got to do this by the book. A marked unit and handcuffs."

Lew just groaned. "That just don't seem right."

Harry nodded and added, "Ever notice how when it's a bad deal, it's always Richardson's name on the paperwork?"

Dave leaned back on his desk. "Annie's gonna be so pissed when she hears about this."

Both Lew and Harry perked up their ears. "Annie Prince?" Harry finally asked.

That shook Dave out of his thoughts. "Never mind about that. It's my private life," he growled. "Do you two want to pick up Todd, or do you want me to send somebody else?"

"We'll do it," said Harry. "He shouldn't be picked up by strangers."

"Good," said Dave. "Make sure you try to apprehend this supposed nefarious fugitive by noon today."

Harry and Lew looked at each other before nodding and leaving.


Judge Richardson had enough class at least to not openly count the money in the envelope that Jack Labadie had slid across the table at Denny's, but of course his fingers itched terribly while holding it. Actually he'd rather they'd met at one of the fancy restaurants in town, but he couldn't think of one that would be happy to see or serve him. Still a thorn in his side was his one miscalculated error in judgment, rightfully provoked over his concern for his stepdaughter, even though it turned out to be instigated by indiscretions on the part of her friend. He had forced "A Woman's Space" to be shut down, and the bitch who ran it was still after his hide. She had been successfully badmouthing him since that unfortunate incident to every good restaurant around. These days, if he wanted a decent meal, he had to travel well out of the city. He would have insisted on it for this meeting as well, but it wouldn't have allowed them time to go to the courthouse afterwards and do this job right.

Richardson had taken the money, a lot less than he thought he deserved for a job of this type, but he figured he ought to be able to milk it for a lot more. He'd get what he could, while he could, as that bitch was still making life miserable for him, and he knew his chances for re-election were slightly less than hell freezing over. He'd like to take care of her as well, but she kept her nose clean, and that damn dog of hers had just put her in very good graces with the CMPD. He figured he'd run for the position again and skim what he could from the election coffers, but retirement was looming. It was either that or return to being a lawyer, and the latter, which involved real work, was not a thought that sat well with him.

He had explained to Labadie that the charge was thinner than the envelope the money was in as Ayers had been known as a good guy to practically all of the police department since shortly after setting down roots in Charlotte. Labadie insisted that Langstaff and Associates could deal with the odds. The important thing was to get the charge on the books and Ayers arrested. A whole team of lawyers was ready to act the minute Ayres was in jail.

"It's a standard 'shock and awe' approach we use." Jack Labadie explained. "We have lawyers attach and attack each of his assets and holdings. It might take a year of legal roughhousing, but we're almost always able to wear them down to where they're willing to settle just to end the cost of the defense fees. With their assets frozen, they can't pay for the legal work."

"Do you gamble much?" Richardson had asked.

"Rarely," said Jack. "When the odds are so high in your favor, it's not much of a gamble."

Richardson had just smiled. These boys from up North sounded like they knew what they were doing, and he'd be quite happy to accept more of these envelopes his new retirement sponsor wanted to hand him in exchange for helping them file any other paperwork needed. It was quick and easy for him, no skin off his nose in his present situation. He felt no remorse for this guy, Ayres. With all the judges taking vacations, the man could sit in jail for a month. And, if it didn't work out like the boys from Ohio thought it would? Well, he'd just take what money he could get out of the job and then forget about them, too.


Harry and Lew had left the Captain's office and gone right outside. Harry opened his cell phone and pushed Lew's hand away when he tried to reach for it.

"I'll be the one, Lew. You can claim you knew nothing about this."

"Hell, Harry," Lew said. "You heard the Captain. He as much as told us to go ahead and warn Todd. Pick him up by noon, my ass!"

"Laura's still my daughter, Lew."

Lew understood and waited while Harry made the call.


Laura answered her phone on the third ring. She had been swallowing her morning vitamins and laughing with Kelly about the visit with Dr. Angela Mark, Kelly's new obstetrician. Laura was surprised to be getting a call on her cell this early in the morning, but smiled when she saw it was her father.

"Hey, Daddy, what're doing calling me this early? A girl needs her beauty sleep, you know." But her smile faded quickly.

"Laura, listen to me close. I won't have a chance to repeat this. I have a warrant for Todd's arrest."

Laura felt her throat tighten as tears threatened to well up to her eyes. "But... but, Daddy," she stammered and then sniffed.

"Get a grip, Laura. I need you to listen close," Harry said. "I have to come to the studio at 11:30 this morning to pick up Todd on a felony arrest warrant for Grand Theft. Lew and I will be busy for a while, but at 11:30, we will be arriving at the studio to arrest Todd if he is there. If you understand me, Laura, just say yes."

"Ya... yes, Daddy," she stammered again feeling her jaw tighten.

"If Todd isn't at the studio when we get there, we will have to look for him, but we can only look in Charlotte. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Daddy. Thank you, Daddy."

"I love you, Pumpkin," he said.

"I love you too, Daddy," and Laura closed her phone.

"What's the matter, Honey?" Kelly asked a tearful Laura.

"Todd has to leave town, right now," Laura hissed. "Daddy and Uncle Lew have a warrant to arrest him, and Daddy said they were going to serve it at the studio at 11:30 if he was there or anywhere in Charlotte."

"What's being served," said Todd, smiling as he strolled into the kitchen. "Breakfast I hope."

Ami and Cara sat there with their mouths agape, too petrified to speak, but tears were starting to pool in Ami's eyes.

"Todd, you've got to pack and leave town right now," Laura said and quickly filled him in on her father's advice, which is what she was sure it was.

"Felony, Grand Theft, eh?" Todd repeated as he puffed on one of Kelly's cigarettes. "That means I stole something worth over $5,000. That explains what's been going on around here with the private snoop. Somebody's been planning this for a while, but I'm not going to run from this. I've never run, and I haven't stolen a damn thing. Somebody is playing me, and I want to know who it is." Flipping open his own phone, he scanned the directory and did a double take when Melanie answered his call.

"Hi, Melanie" he said. "I need to talk to Steve right away. Thanks."

"Yeah, Steve. Remember that nutjob that was casing Kelly's place? Yeah, he's the one. Looks like whoever he was working for found what they wanted, and I'm going to be arrested at 11:30."

"Todd," Steve said, "I'll find you a good criminal lawyer. I'm not up on criminal law, and neither is Pete, but I can sure call in a few favors."

"That's all fine, Steve, but that's not why I'm calling. I'll be okay, but I'm worried about the business. I want to be ready or have Kelly ready for when the bailiffs come to try and seize the studio. Nobody went to this kind of trouble without a financial reward in it for them."

"Jesus, Todd." Steve said. "Who did you piss off so much that they want TKO?"

"I don't know yet, Steve, but I want to make sure that nobody shuts the doors on Kelly or our operation in New York. Too many people count on TKO and on Kelly. I can handle a court battle if it comes to it, but if I also have my mind on Kelly and the business, it will be a lot harder for me."

"Todd, they can try, but remember, I set up the corporation for you and Kelly. It's a full-fledged corporation and limited, and there is no way anyone can touch it. What you need to do to protect other assets you own yourself is get to the bank right now and take out a loan on all your personal property."

"What?" asked an exasperated Todd. "Why the hell would I want to take out a loan? I own everything that I have."

"Todd, listen to me. You said you have till 11:30 right? Get to the bank and take out a loan for as much, no, make that twice as much as you think you personally own, and bring that money to me as a retainer. Turn your bank accounts and vehicle ownerships over to the bank instantly as collateral with specific instructions that you are not to receive them back until the loan is totally paid. This is going to have to be done now, Todd, and I mean right now. This is the quickest liquidation of assets that I can think of and keep it all legal."

"Are you sure this is legal, Steve? I don't want you in hot water either."

"It's perfectly legal," Steve said. "What we're doing is making sure that whoever wants what they think you're worth to find out quickly that you aren't worth a damn thing!"

"Okay, thanks, Steve."

"I'll be waiting at the police department for you. I don't want you to make any statements or volunteer any information until I get there. While you're covering your personal assets, I'll see about finding you a good defense attorney - now go!"

Todd hung up and looked at the ladies in the kitchen. Ami and Cara were openly crying, and Laura was struggling not to let the tears win the battle. Kelly was the only one who was calm and collected.

"I understand what you need done at the bank, Todd. I'll be your co-signer and take possession of your accounts for collateral if you want."

"Thanks, Kelly. We need to get moving."

"But why do you have to go to jail?" wailed Laura, finally letting the tears win. "Who could be so mean and spiteful?"

Todd set his chin and his eyes darkened. "There's only two people that I know would rather see me in jail than happy," he said. "But I thought they were totally out of my life."

Todd reached for Laura and hugged her and kissed her. "I need you to be strong, Baby - strong for Ami and Cara and especially Kelly." He looked at Kelly. "She's strong in the crunch, aren't you, Honey?" he said smiling at his long-time partner. "But we don't know how long this is going to take, and you've all got to be strong for the company picnic this weekend. Can't let a little thing like jail stop the party can we?"

"Who's coming along for the ride?" asked Kelly, suddenly standing up, then she jumped back in surprise as the back door opened.


Gloria walked in, her keys still in her hand. "Don't mind me none. You go for yer ride. I just make me coffee and see to the groceries."

"Gloria!" Laura said in a bit louder than normal tone, "Todd's going to jail!"

'G' calmly reached into her purse and pulled out a toothbrush, obviously brand new, still sealed in cellophane. "Not so far den. Be back soon, Mister Todd."

Todd started to laugh, took the offered toothbrush, and kissed 'G' on the cheek. "Keep it real for the girls, Gloria," he said. Somehow the simple gesture of an offered toothbrush reassured Todd that his decision to stay and fight was the right one.

The bank kept trying to insist that Todd's credit was good enough that he didn't need to put his personal accounts on hold as collateral. It took longer than expected to convince the bank that this was needed as Todd did not want to disclose the fact that he was waiting to be taken to jail. Todd knew that any attempts at his assets would be a civil matter, not a criminal matter, and protecting himself was just common sense. He had no problems parting with his money for any good cause, but no one - absolutely no one - was going to take it from him.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.