Deanna's Surprise - Cover

Deanna's Surprise

Copyright© 2003 by Gorgo

Part 4B: Bryce

Incest Sex Story: Part 4B: Bryce - This story is set in the not too distant future, where humanoid robots are the norm (the same universe that was created by D.B. Story). Follow the adventures of Deanna Hordye, a hermaphrodite on the rebound from a shattered heart that nearly drove her to suicide. If human mates can't give her the emotional satisfaction she craves, will Deanna find more comfort with 'bot mates?

Caution: This Incest Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Hermaphrodite   Fiction   Science Fiction   Robot   Incest   Sister   Group Sex   Harem   Oral Sex   Petting   Slow  

"How is he?" I asked.

Lenn looked at me. It was just past lunch. After helping Devon, my girls had returned, Lenn confirming what Helena told me about her companion. By then, my sister intersexual had recovered enough to head home. Without hesitation, I sent Bryce with her to keep Helena and Devon company. Since she was the first of my girls to meet Helena, I believed it only right to keep a familiar, friendly face close by.

"He's almost at his limits," Lenn reported. I was quick to notice the hoarseness in her voice. Had she been built twenty years ago, she herself might now be facing these very sorts of conditions. "Ninety-four percent of his brain has been consumed and can't be reused. Four percent is currently active. Two percent is still available to him, though he can't full utilize that remaining two percent anyway. He could crash any time." Shaking her head, she reached up to pinch the bridge of her nose in a surprisingly human way. "I never thought, Dee, I'd ever have to report something like that concerning a robot anytime in my life."

"Twenty years since this protocol thing came into widespread use." I sat across from her, placing my tea cup on the table between us. "I was in Grade Six at the time, ready to make the switch from Mapleview Public to Fitch Street Elementary. Back then, I could never imagine owning a robot at all, to say nothing of a robot with a potential lifespan that you'd need more than your fingers and toes to count."

"Yeah."

"Is there any way to help him?" I asked. "I mean, couldn't the Protocol be retrofitted into him? I heard it's been done..."

Lenn shook her head. "Not in Devon's case. Yes, it theoretically is possible to load the Protocol into a pre-Protocol designed robot mind. But even with the most advanced types of brains from that particular time period, you need at least forty percent of his mental resource capacity available for it to be of good use. And even then, it might not latch on well enough to have given him more than a few years more. From what I've seen of him so far, his creator went out of his way to prepare Devon for almost any social problem concerning Helena."

"His creator? Helena's dad?"

"Yes."

"What do you know about him?"

"Very little," Lenn confessed. "I confirmed through public sources that Elam Priella did possess an independent robot construction license for the period around the time Devon was built. And Devon was properly registered to him, that registry having been turned over to Helena on Mr. Priella's death. Other than that, it's a total blank. Maybe we should call Drew and have him dig around for a bit?"

"I'm tempted," I breathed out. "How long?"

"If nothing bad happens, I'd give him two weeks," Lenn reported.

"What about making a memory copy of him?"

She considered that for a moment. "It's possible. But it'll have to be done before his brain freezes up. Afterward..."

"Right." I grimaced before turning to look toward the door. A memory copy of a frozen mind would only result in another frozen mind upon restore. "Chelsea! Lynda!"

A moment later, the beautiful, and now concerned, fembots in question stepped inside. "Something wrong, Deanna?" Lynda asked.

"How'd you two like to work with Bryce and stay close to Helena and Devon?" I asked.

Chelsea and Lynda exchanged a look before they gazed once more on me. "If you feel it's right," the former mused.

"But what could we do in this case, Deanna?" the latter asked.

"Spend as much time as you can with Devon," I ordered. "Find out all the legal, financial and other arrangements concerning Helena. I've got a strong feeling that before he passed away, Helena's father made sure that Devon could take care of things on his own without Helena having to be involved about it. When he dies, Helena's gonna be left high and dry. I don't want that to happen to her. Okay?"

"You got it," Lynda replied as both girls nodded.

"And try to keep him calm. Run his errands and try to take care of anything that needs taking care of," I added, hoping that anything that reduced Devon's activities would slow down the consumption of his remaining resources and prolong his existence.


"So he was mostly involved in stock investment and mutual funds, right?"

"Pretty much the same things Mrs. Yakim was involved in," Devon said, his hands dancing over the keyboard. We were relaxing in his small bedroom. Helena was working in the kitchen preparing a late lunch. "A lot of the initial programming Mr. Priella gave me before I came on-line dealt with properly managing Helena's stock portfolios. Believe me, making sure the money keeps coming in takes a lot of my time every day." He tapped a place on the screen before him. "Okay, this looks good," he mused before going to work on the keyboard.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Investing into a new bio-tech start-up I've been keeping an eye on for the last couple months. If it takes off like people've been predicting, it'll earn Helena a load of money. Maybe enough to not need me anymore. They just got listed on the TSX..."

"TSX?"

"Toronto Stock Exchange."

"Ah!"

I fell silent as Devon made the necessary transfer of funds. I wanted to know how long he'd known his time was limited. I couldn't bring myself to ask, though. Once that was done, he scanned through various performance reports for those stocks he had invested in Helena's name, and then he glanced at me. "She's worth quite a bit." Devon smiled before quoting a dollar figure.

A very high dollar figure. "Whoa!" I breathed out. "She's really set for life."

"That she is," he confirmed, sitting back in his chair. "But is it enough?" he added, leaving me more confused on why he had to work so hard everyday chasing the last dollar when they were already so well off.

I gazed on him. "What do you mean?"

Devon stared at me for a moment, and then he looked away. "Ever since I began to realize that my existence might come to an end much sooner than would be good for Helena, I've..." He paused for a moment. "I've wondered if I've done the right thing for Helena. When he built me, Mr. Priella ordered me to do everything to ensure Helena could be safe and happy. I've done my best to obey that command."

"But now, you're not sure if you've made the best choices for her," I whispered.

"Choices according to what Mr. and Mrs. Priella would -- as far as I understood them -- have seen as right and wrong," he augmented. "There were times when Helena wanted to go out and meet friends, be part of society as a whole. But how would people react to what she really is? There are so few like her in the world today. How would 'normal' people react to her? Could someone form a relationship with her? And not hurt her afterwards?" Here, he paused again before he shrugged. "From what I've learned from the research I've done over the Net, her chances weren't good." He then held up a hand. "But then again, I could be mistaken. The Net might be a vast resource, but it doesn't cover everything."

"Nowhere close," I agreed, shaking my head, and then I considered what Devon just told me. "You know, you've done a lot of good for her even if you've pretty much sheltered her from what's out there, Devon. You should be damned proud of yourself."

A smile crossed his face. "Thanks, Bryce. I..."

His face suddenly froze as his body became very still. It didn't take me more than a couple seconds to realize that something in his mind had locked up. With the decreasing level of usable space in his brain, his systems had to spend more time scavenging space to carry out their various functions as efficiently as possible. Committing the resources to do that took away from everything else.

Considering that, I couldn't imagine what it must've been like for 'bots of Devon's generation and earlier. How could they live? How could they advance themselves? How could they gain independent thought, develop their own self-will, if their personality matrixes and memory chips couldn't be periodically recycled? To believe that breakthrough only happened twenty years ago, when Mom was just a child... !

He jerked twice, blinking several times before he stared at me. "I blanked out again?"

I bit my lower lip. "Yeah. Aren't you scared, Devon?"

He considered that for a moment, and then he shook his head. "Not for myself. More for Helena."

"I'd be scared," I admitted, the very human part of my implanted personality reacting to that thought. That left me with the interesting question of what it is like to have only been a robot for all of your memories. For the first time, I realized that even my fellow robots can be very different from each other. And that brought another question to mind: "After all, what happens when a robot dies?"

Devon nodded. "Interesting question..."


The remainder of the week passed by in a blur.

To be extra sure about Helena's parents and what they might have arranged concerning her -- I strongly believe it's better to be safe than sorry. Especially when it comes to potential surprises your deceased parents might have kept hidden from you "for your own good" -- I contacted Drew Keir back in Welland and asked him to do a detailed background check on both Elam Priella, and his wife Sadira.

He promised an initial summary as soon as he started getting results.

I then spent some time talking to Mrs. Jerome. With Helena's permission, I passed on the news of Devon's problem to our neighbour from Louisiana. What I told her saddened her greatly. As I realized when I first met my grand-aunt's friend, Devon had made quite an impact on the entire cottage community. Without hesitation, Mrs. Jerome arranged for a village-wide meeting to pass on the news to all concerned.

That evening, I got my girls -- save for Bryce, Chelsea and Lynda, who were still staying with Devon and Helena -- together to brainstorm ways for Helena to hang onto what she could of Devon. The only logical way to do that, we soon realized, was to create a robot, and then program it with all of Devon's knowledge and memories. Converting the old pre-Tyson Protocol matrix coding to post-Protocol coding was easy enough to do, Lenn stated. It would just take a good chunk of processing time, and some equipment she'd need to go back and retrieve, or have sent up. All we really had to decide now was what sort of robot we would make as Devon's "child," and get his consent.

I was immediately for an M-'bot, building him with a mixture of Devon's and Helena's to make him a symbolic "son" of them both. Even if there had been nothing in the way of intimate relations between them, they had lived pretty much as a family since her parents died. If Devon had been given sexual programming -- that he hadn't still shocked the hell out of me even now, though that lack might have contributed to him as long as he has managed otherwise -- their relationship would have developed pretty much as any other relationship between a 'bot and human. Building a "child" for them both would acknowledge that.

Rayven disagreed, proposing that we use a bi-'bot -- even better, a herm-'bot -- and construct her in such a way so that she would be Devon's "child" only, with no physical resemblance to Helena. Given her lack of any sexual experience, not to mention the long-festering fears she possesses when it comes to being intimate with anyone else, dealing with someone like her would be the best course to take. That Helena deserved the chance to break out of her emotional shell and experience the world beyond the cocoon Devon had constructed for her was a given, Rayven believed. Our responsibility now was to help her gain the best experience possible before possibly running into the bad stuff. To do this meant that Helena required a companion who could emotionally relate to her in every way possible. An M-'bot, even with all the best social programming available, simply wasn't up to the task in the long run. A bi-'bot or herm-'bot was.

Hearing that suggestion from Rayven, who technically didn't have any "real" human experience to draw on, really surprised me.

Reika and Irene agreed to that without hesitation. Given their bi-gendered nature and their experience being intimate with each other, I could understand that. Soon understanding the logic of Rayven's argument, Lenn also agreed...


First thing Thursday morning, another of our new neighbours, a conservative radio talk-show host from Philadelphia named Jamie Lawrence -- he was currently enjoying a two-month vacation from his job in the City of Brotherly Love -- came by to see me. Like Mrs. Jerome, Jamie -- as he insisted that I'd call him; he's only in his mid-forties -- had long come to like Devon. He'd also met Helena in passing and like the others who owned cottages up here, felt it was wrong for the poor girl to isolate herself from society like she had. Taking a dare, I told him about Helena's true sexual state. That information shocked him for a second, and then he sighed. "You'll help her better understand herself, won't you, Deanna?" he asked me.

"Yes," I replied without hesitation.

He nodded before breathing out, "Good. It's sad when people are forced to make choices like that, isn't it?"

"What would you have her do?" I asked, sensing he was talking about Helena possibly facing corrective surgery to make her a "real" girl.

"What I'd propose... ?" His voice trailed off for a second as he considered my question, and then he chuckled. "It doesn't matter what I'd propose or suggest. The choice is ultimately Helena's in the end. What I would want to make sure of -- for her sake -- is for her to make an informed choice before either going to have corrective surgery, or living as she is now. That's what I preach on my shows. I may agree or disagree with what you think on a certain topic, what your politics are, what your view on social issues are. But I will never, ever disrespect your right to hold those opinions. I fight for everyone to have the right to make informed decisions. Ignorance has killed a lot of things in the past. I want to make sure that doesn't happen again."

I had to admit, I was impressed with Jamie. I didn't detect any of the well-disguised misconceptions people seemingly like him tended to sprout over the airwaves in the mini-speech he just gave me. "Give me the Buffalo station that carries your show," I told him.

He winked at me. "You bet..."


"I thank you all for coming to our village meeting tonight," Mrs. Jerome announced in opening to the meeting at the seasonal corner store/coffee shop that sat at the corner of Concession Seventeen and Farlain Lake Road East. Nearly fifty people were present. The Priellas weren't here. Neither were Bryce, Chelsea or Lynda. I was a little wary about not cluing Helena in on the meeting, but Mrs. Jerome had waved me off. She believed it was best for everyone to hear the story at once so that a unified response can be made to Helena when the time came. "Before we begin on the main topic of tonight's meeting, I'd like to welcome Natasha Yakim's grand-niece, Deanna Hordye, to our small community. And as many of you are probably aware, she didn't come alone tonight. Four of her lovely robot companions have accompanied her."

Everyone applauded as I stood up, giving the people around me a series of graceful kyoungnye bows. Lenn, Reika, Irene and Rayven did the same. As soon as things quieted down, Mrs. Jerome sighed. "Unfortunately, I've some sad news concerning someone we've all pretty much taken into our hearts over the last decade and more. I'm speaking about Devon Priella. We know who he is, what he is, and whom he lives with. Sadly, this morning, Deanna's companions learned of a very severe problem with Devon. To best explain this, I'll ask one of them, Marlenn Ioanis, to come up and give us the whole story. Marlenn, please?"

We watched as Lenn walked up to the podium. After quickly introducing herself, she began. The explanation took about ten minutes. Watching the crowd around us, I noted the shocked looks crossing many faces. For most of the female residents, there wasn't a dry eye in sight. The male residents all looked as if their best drinking buddy had just contracted a terminal illness. One particular fellow, a man in his fifties sitting close to Jamie Lawrence, blurted out, "You mean to say that the man who saved my grandson's life is dying?!"

Lenn nodded. "In effect, yes."

"Can't you stop it?" a woman off to my right wondered.

Lenn shook her head. "No. Even if we shut down all his systems and freeze him in place, we're just delaying the inevitable. I can't predict if technology will come along soon that could help us in this case. No one versed in 'bot technology could make a call like that, ma'am. If we decided to wait it out, how long would we have to wait? And what would happen to Helena while we waited?"

"What about augmenting his memory capacity?" another man behind me asked.

Lenn sighed. "Not in this case. The Tyron Protocol forced a fundamental change when it became widespread. Before the Protocol, it was impossible to insert extra memory into a 'bot's mind anymore than you can to a human mind. After the Protocol, it became possible, but it can't be retroactively applied to pre-Protocol 'bot hardware. I..." She paused before taking a deep breath. "In this case, the only option for Devon is having a memory copy performed. What would that mean for Devon? I can't answer that. I have my beliefs when it comes to 'bots and their souls, but that's me. As to what all of you choose to believe, that's up to you as well. What it'll mean for Devon in the end..."

"Only he can know that," Jamie finished. "Because it is his journey to take."

"Exactly."

"What do you think, Ms. Hordye?" the fellow who spoke about Devon's saving his grandson asked.

I looked at him. "I'm not sure what to say," I admitted. "I've only known Devon really for a day. One meeting with him when we first arrived here in Penetanguishene, then I learned more about him from Helena and my girls. I can tell that you all care for him very much. I'm glad for that. Really, I am. If it were up to me, I'd offer whatever I could so that his spirit can continue to touch us, all of us here, even if he himself leaves this life for the next." I paused before taking a deep breath. "But I have to remind you that the final decision about this matter lies with Helena and Devon. If they want our help, we will be there for them. I'll be there for them. But we should keep in mind that they may choose to let things progress as Nature allows. We must respect that, too."

"You mean Devon might decide to... ?" Jamie's voice stuttered.

I nodded, gazing his way. "He might."

"Oh, dear," Mrs. Jerome breathed.

The possibility of that happening quickly had almost everyone chattering away within seconds. As soon as things quieted down enough, I carried on, "Let me talk to Helena about this," I offered. "We still have some time left before we'd have to make some hard decisions."

Nods responded...


"I never realized how much everyone else cared for him. It's heartening to know that out in the country where people are just people, they easily accept 'bots as beings in their own right."

Helena handed me a cup of coffee. It was late in the evening, some hours after the village meeting ended. Devon had taken Bryce, Chelsea and Lynda on a late-night tour of the area around Farlain Lake, leaving us alone in the Priellas' cabin. "They do. When he goes, they'll miss him a lot. Almost as much as you'll miss him." I kept my voice respectful, so as to not set Helena off. Even if I could relate to her on many levels, I really didn't know my host. "You know, Helen, there is a way to..."

I felt my voice trail off. A flare of hope appeared in her eyes. "Save him?"

I breathed out. "Not save him. But to preserve his memories and knowledge. You know about IP tech, don't you?"

She nodded. "It's how four of your robots were created. Bryce told me," she added quickly, and then she stared at me. "You mean make a copy of Devon's memories?"

I nodded, sensing that I was making progress. "Yes. It wouldn't really be him, though. We're talking about getting a modern 'bot body and brain, with all the latest programming improvements. This version of Devon would live a lot longer than the original..."

"It wouldn't really be him, in other words."

I stared at her, sighing. Many 'bots, Lenn told me once, believed memories in and of themselves constituted a 'bot's very "soul." To copy those memories in an attempt to preserve that "soul" within this life, in essence, meant that a 'bot really wouldn't "die" in the human sense of the term. I didn't accept that theory, though. Considering the sheer differences between Devon and his soon-to-come "child" and how that would affect that "child's" very life from the moment she was first activated... !

"No," I answered, shaking my head. "It wouldn't be him."

Helena gazed at her hands for a moment, and then she shook her head. "No."

"Are you sure?"

"I... ! Well..." Her voice started to break, and then she threw up her hands as she bolted up, moving to pace in the clear area beside the armchairs and the coffee table. "I don't know, Deanna! I just don't know! I don't want to lose him, but..."

"You'll lose him no matter what, Helen," I warned her.

"I know that!" she snapped, hugging herself as she shivered. "I know! I know..."

I got up, walking over to draw her into my arms. She grabbed me fiercely, burying her face into the crook of my neck. As she began to sob, I reached up to gently stroke her hair. I whispered reassurances into her ear as I shifted her back to a chair, allowing her to sit in my lap as she continued to weep. For what seemed an eternity, we stayed there, her crying for her dying friend and companion, I remaining as still as I could, being an emotional rock for her to cling onto as she vented out her innermost heart and soul at the unfairness of the Universe.

Before I knew it, Helena had shifted her head around to place a tender kiss on my cheek. Taken by surprise, I remained frozen in place as she started to trail kisses toward my lips. I reached up to cup her cheeks as our lips touched, and then shifted her around in my lap so we could gaze right into the other's eyes. My thumbs stroked dry her damp cheeks, and then I allowed her to lean in. We kissed again, pulling ourselves closer to each other as I allowed my mouth to open. Instinctively, Helena's tongue probed past my teeth to tap my own. I suckled on it for a moment, and then I pushed my tongue into her mouth to do the same. Helena moaned. We then pulled apart, allowing me to gaze once more into her eyes. Seeing the desperate delight in those sky blue orbs, I realized that she might actually not be ready for this. Okay, time to put on the brakes gently, let her down slowly and cautiously. At the same time, I had to make sure she didn't feel at fault.

"Helen... ?"

"Deanna," she breathed in, and then she blinked, her eyes falling down to my navel. "Oh, wow..."

"Do you want this?" I whispered.

She looked at me, her surprise at my question clearly evident. "I dunno," she admitted before breathing out, "No. I do know. I want this. But..." She sniffed as fresh tears started to flow down her cheeks. "It's not you, Deanna. I like you. But..."

My eyebrows arched. "You'd prefer your first time to be with Devon, right?"

"Yes!!" she moaned, squeezing her eyes shut. "But I can't! Not with him!! It's not fair! He doesn't even know how!!"

She slumped against me. I quickly drew my arms around her...


"Create a memory copy of me?"

"It's the best way to go, Devon," Marlenn sighed. The 'bots were all sitting together in the living room of Deanna's cabin. Our owners were still in Helena's cabin. Hopefully, Deanna would be able to convince Helena to go along with this idea after we hashed it out with Devon.

I stared at our hunky guest as he considered what Marlenn had just proposed. I couldn't tell if he was having problems trying to comprehend what was being offered or not. Finally, he breathed out, "It'd be like having a child."

"Everything that was you will be part of her. Or him, if you'd want us to use an M-'bot in lieu of a bi-'bot," Rayven emphasized. "All your programming. All your knowledge. All your feelings, opinions and beliefs. They'd all live on through her or him."

"Helena wouldn't be alone," Irene added. "And all your neighbours would have something to remember you by, too."

"Someone to still call a friend. Someone who makes them feel safe," Reika continued. "Granted, you were built to serve and protect Helena, but you've made an impact with a lot of people up here, Devon. They'll be hurt almost as badly as Helena when you go."

"Do you want to do that to them, Dev?" Lynda asked.

He shook his head. "No, of course not. But would it be right for my 'child' to continue to shield Helena like I've done all this time? Will Helena continue to accept that?"

"She's gotta make that choice in the end, Devon," Chelsea noted. "Now that she knows Deanna, I think she'll be inspired to get out there and see the world for what it really is. The bad stuff and the good stuff, too. And if she has your kid at her side as well as Deanna..."

I reached over to give his hand a squeeze. "She'll probably feel a lot more safe. You'll still be there in spirit, man."

He returned my look, lightly smiling. "Well, why not?"

We all relaxed. "Okay, let's make some preliminary plans," Marlenn announced. "I'll put out proposals as to what our newest sibling will be like. We'll all vote on it, but Devon will have the right to make the final decision in the end. Okay?"

"Okay," the others and I replied, many of us nodding.

"Alright, then. First decision: what type of 'bot will it be?"

"M-'bot," Lynda proposed.

"Bi," Rayven countered.

No other suggestions. "All in favour for an M-'bot?" Marlenn asked. Chelsea, Lynda and I voted "yea." "All in favour for a bi-'bot?" Reika, Irene and Rayven voted "yea." "Devon?" Marlenn then looked at the lone M-'bot in the room.

"Can a herm-'bot be built instead?" he asked.

"That's a very specialized type of robot," Marlenn replied. "It can be done, but to get the right sort of chassis and component parts will add to the expense. A lot of companies offer bi-'bot chasses and parts for a much cheaper price. Same function, but with something extra."

He considered that. "Bi."

With a nod, Marlenn made a notation on her PDA. One of the many human quirks my creator possessed as part of her birthright, she always kept the PDA around to make work notes to reference later when or if they were needed. "Bi it is, then. Okay, let's go for what she'll look like."

Deciding that took almost an hour by my internal clock. Devon didn't want us to create someone that bore any sort of strong resemblance to him. He believed that even if his "child" would inherit all his knowledge and programming so she could serve Helena as well as he had, Helena certainly didn't deserve to look on someone who directly reminded her of him. So we elected on a brown-eyed girl with light brown/blonde hair that would be about the same length as Helena's. She would be taller, the same height as Deanna. Nothing exaggerated when it came to her boobs or anything. A solid, dependable girl who'd have some extras to use with those she'd sleep with.

"There's one more thing," Marlenn then announced.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Will she be circumcised or not? Helena is Jewish, remember?"

We all looked at each other before laughter filled the room...


Friday morning was grey and bleak; a cold front from Manitoba was sweeping across Lakes Superior and Huron to crash into a warm front coming north from the Gulf of Mexico. Result: Noah's deluge over most of southern Ontario. Almost everyone in the village stayed indoors for the day. Save Jamie Lawrence, as Reika was quick to notice. Seeing him through the living room window, I noted he was draped in a raincoat, his fishing gear in one hand. I walked over to call out through the front door, "Jamie, where the hell are you going?!"

"What does it look like?!" he replied with a laugh, holding up his fishing rod. "It's the best time to get them!"

I shook my head before moving to head back inside when I spotted someone running toward my cabin. It was Helena, an umbrella hovering over her head. "What are you doing coming here?" I demanded, stepping inside so she could come in without getting soaked too much.

She ducked in, folding the umbrella outside before allowing it to dribble over the floor. Reika quickly took it and placed it in a nearby bucket. "I wanted to stay with you and the others today. Would you mind?"

She gave me a hopeful look. "What about Devon?" I wondered.

"I shut him down for the day," she told me. "He looked like he really needed the rest."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.