Deja Vu - Cover

Deja Vu

Copyright© 2003 by David Wilcox

Chapter 17

I was hearing someone call me, "Mister, hey Mister are you alright? You just lay right there. The ambulance will be here in a few minutes. You had me scared."

Setting up, I find that I am at the 7-11 where I bought my winning Lottery ticket. I asked, "What is going on?"

The store clerk responded with a worried look, "Mister you were standing in front of the door, and some kid came running in and knocked you down, you passed out. That dumb kid took off. I called 911, they said that when you woke up you should stay lying down until emergency personnel showed up."

"OK, I have a question, how many lottery tickets did I buy?"

"Just one, like every time you come in."

Giving her another dollar, I replied, "Why don't you get me another one, with 14-18-28-37-42-48."

"If you are sure, OK. I will be right back."

She came back and gave me the new ticket, just as the EMTs showed up.

I told them, "I am OK."

"We'll sir, just let us take a look to make sure."

"All right."

After the EMTs made sure that I was fine. The 7-11 store clerk signed the bill, saying, "The store's insurance will take care of it. It was not your fault. You just go on home and take it easy, and have a better day."

Looking at my new lottery ticket I replied, "Some how I think this will be a great day thanks for everything."

That Saturday I made sure to watch the drawing. I was shocked when the numbers started to show up, 48-14-37-18-42-28. I was finally a winner. I would have to wait until Monday to claim my prize. As I was thinking about the ticket, I got another vision. I saw my ticket being stolen by my best friend after I told him about my good luck. I decided to call work Monday and say I was sick. Meanwhile I packed my suitcase and grabbed my winning ticket and headed to a hotel. I first stopped at an ATM machine and got as much cash as I could. When I checked into the hotel on the other side of town, I checked in as Dave Wilson and paid cash. No reason to let people know who I really am. I did not tell anyone where I was going I was just gone.

Monday morning while I was having breakfast, I read the paper to check the number and the payout. It seems there was only one winning number, and the payout was $169,234,874.00. I called work, and told them I was calling in sick and would come in, in a few days. I had long since stopped telling my supervisor why I was sick after my co-workers told me why I was out. Some people just did not know when to keep their mouths shut.

I have the strange feeling I have been here before, that what had just happened, had happened before, it sure feels like Déj‡ Vu.

I was wondering, was this a very long vision, and if it was will it come true, like the lottery number? I hope some of it comes true, although the battle with the bikers I would be just as happy if that did not come to pass. I could really get used to having Corey, Jeri and Elizabeth around. Now Jeri's Mom I have yet to meet her.

I hope Suzy is able to come back into my life I have missed her so much.

Well the next few weeks will tell.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.