Deja Vu - Cover

Deja Vu

Copyright© 2003 by David Wilcox

Chapter 16

Tom and Betty came home for Christmas. Suzy spent the holidays moving back and forth.

Jenny came back for Christmas and I flew her family in from California.

Since we had the room, I got Bill to bring down the family and Dad on Christmas, they could not take off until after Christmas Eve.

This is the first Family Reunion at Christmas our family had had for years.

Rick told everyone that he was planning on going in the Army. He is supposed to leave in April for Basic Training. He was going to Fort Lost in the Woods. (Ft Leonardwood)

On the 28th everyone started going home. Elizabeth, Jeri and I were heading for Havana for New Years. Corey had her daughter down for a few days. Joanne had a court date for the right on my royalties for my programs on the 2nd. Besides Suzy needed a few babysitters.

We were staying in the same Hotel with Tom and Betty, our rooms were set up especially for us. Since the biggest Party for New Years was at our Hotel, we were asked to join the President and his wife for dinner and dancing.

The party was excellent. While the dancing in most New Years Eve parties in the States, Is mostly the freestyle dancing that is popular for Rock and Roll. Here the Dancing is mostly Ball Room style. The locals knowing we were all Americans did not really expect us to do much Dancing.

Jeri had been busy teaching everyone the various ball room styles during the holidays. Even Tom wound up Waltzing, doing the Samba, Tango and various Salsa style. The evening was enjoyed by all.

The Cuban President and his Lady talked to us to coming over to the Presidential Palace the next afternoon. They had something to tell us.

When we showed up at the Presidential Palace we had a late brunch, which included Black-Eyed-Peas and Ham. The President told up, his wife grew up in Florida, and she always insisted that we have black-eyed-peas for New Years days.

He asked me about what happened to Castro.

"Mr. President, as you know I was on a plane when Castro was 'electrocuted'."

"I know all about it, what I would like to know is who did the targeting."

"Since you know about the platforms, I have been told I can tell you, that one of the Organization founded by the Bay of Pig Survivors, trained the spotters and they did the targeting."

"Well if you see them again let them know that all if forgiven, if they were to contact me, and use the code phrase, 'The pig soldiers are secure and free' they will receive the reward they are due. The pig Castro had been raping our country for almost 50 years. Your President was very helpful in getting the money he stole returned. It was almost 900 billions dollars. He made Marcos from the Philippines look like a sneak thief.

Now for you, would you please come for a drive with my wife and I, we have a little something for you to show the gratitude of the People of Cuba."

"Sure we would be happy to." I was just glad we had Jeri along. I was worried about Elizabeth.

We were driven to a large Estate on the banks of Havana Harbor. I recognized the house from movies.

The President told us, "The Cuban Government required that the property that was taken over by Castro's government be given back to the Cuban Citizens that owned the property before the revolution. There are a few partials that belonged to foreigner we are selling or giving them to people that have provided a great service to the People of Cuba.

Now this little place was once owned by one of you country men."

I interrupted, "Earnest 'Papa' Hemingway'. I saw this place on a copy of 'The Old Man and the Sea' DVD, there was a few tracks of interviews with Papa, here. They took place before the revolution."

The President continued, "Since this place has such great historical significant to so many people, we choose to set up a special lease for you. No rent or taxes on this property, the grounds and maintaince will be taken care of by the Cuban Government free of charge, for as long as you or you children wish it. It is a great place for winter or summer holidays."

"Thank you, however I don't have any children. All of my wives have tried, so I figured it was me."

The Cuban First Lady replied, "Are you sure that is so?" Looking as Jeri and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth looked at Jeri, who just nodded at each other, and said, "We were waiting to surprise him. Dave Jeri and I are pregnant, she is about 6 weeks and I am a little over two months."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.