Deja Vu - Cover

Deja Vu

Copyright© 2003 by David Wilcox

Chapter 4

I pulled in to Umatilla about 6 pm. I had actually gone to school there several years ago. It was a very small town. I got to Tom's place about 15 minutes later.

Suzy ran out of the house and hugged me. "Uncle Fluke, I have missed you so much, where is Aunt Evelyn, why wasn't she with you last night?"

Hugging her again I told her, "Let's go inside, and talk to your Mom and Dad."

When we got inside I told the story of how my sweet Evelyn was killed by a drunk driver. I said I sent letters and email; I never got any response, so I figured you were still not talking with me. So I limited my contact to sending Suzy presents.

Tom said, "Dave we never heard about Evelyn dying, we are so sorry."

Betty said, "Dinner will be ready in a little while."

Tom asked, "Do you still smoke cigars, I have a box of some good ones you might like?"

"Evelyn wanted me to stop, but if you have a good one I think I could suffer through one."

"I think you will like these I brought a box back from Cuba last month. My company has the contract to put in cell phones down there. Since Castro was killed last year, markets are opening up. This is going to be my project, Betty and I are going to have to live there for a couple of years."

I asked, "What is going to happen with Suzy, the schools there can not be any good for her?"

"We were going let her stay with Betty's sister Rita so she could stay in school. She has been going to Trinity Prep in Orlando. She has one more year to go. We were celebrating with that bitch Carole yesterday Suzy got an early acceptance at Florida Tech in Melbourne, in their Computer Science Program. We don't want her to lose that. Betty and I talked about this last night. I know this is asking a lot considering the recent past, but could Suzy stay with you."

I told him, "I would love to have her around, however I am living in a hotel right now. I am looking for a place between Orlando and Cocoa near the St Johns River. When are you going to need to leave?"

"I need to be there on September 1st, in three months. Betty will join me after Suzy is settled."

"By the way these are great cigars Let me talk to Suzy, to see if she wants to stay with me. She does know that I will set the rules for my house. You and Betty will have to give me full custody while you are gone."

"We talked with the company attorneys today about that. As far as Suzy is concerned last night she said she wanted you, because Aunt Rita is a bitch and a slut, and her cousins are worse than their mother, she was not happy about going to Rita's. We even considered Carole, but that would not work, Andrew is still there. You were right about him; he got arrested for the first time when he was 15. He is out on bail right now for rape."

"Let me know if I can help him, I know the DA, I went to school with her. She has hated all rapists since her roommate at Stetson got raped. Anything I can do to help Andy get a new boyfriend I am willing to do."

Tom just looked at my evil grin. "What happened to the drunk that killed you wife?"

"He drove off a freeway overpass."

"Did you have anything to do with it?"

"Why would you say that? You know that I am a big lovable teddy bear."

"Right a teddy bear that can shot the eyes out of a fly at 1250 meters, maybe a grizzly bear, but not a teddy for sure."

"1475 not 1250, I have a new scope."

Just then Suzy came out and said, "What is 1475 and not 1250?"

"That is how much I am going to charge your Mom and Dad to baby sit you while they are on vacation in Cuba."

"Oh $14.75 a day is not bad."

"No sweetie that is $14.75 and hour. No I don't think that will be enough, no deal Tom, unless Suzy wants to give me a hug, then I will do it for free."

Suzy squealed as she jumped and hugged me, "YES!

Mom said diner is ready."

During diner, Betty asked who they saw me with last night. I explained how I had to change banks after I collected the lottery check.

All three of them asked "what lottery check" at the same time.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.