Deja Vu - Cover

Deja Vu

Copyright© 2003 by David Wilcox

Chapter 3

I pulled out of the parking lot, and headed to Déj‡ Vu-2, to see Jeri. After I pulled into the Valet Parking, the bouncer saw me, "Dave I heard the news, congratulations" I went in sat in the VIP area (I knew I could have more than a few drinks there, this time) The waitress asked for my order, and I asked to see Guise. The waitress gave me a smart-ass response, "Why do you think she would want to see you!" I said, "Just tell her Dave is here to see her." About an hour later, I got up to leave; I went into see Richard the Manager. "Dave, good to see you, that 'Booze Management Program' you wrote for us is just great." I told him I came in to see Jeri; he told me the dancers weren't allowed to see the customers. I reminded him of the little know fact, that I owned 2% of the club. I had taken that in place of my fee for creating a Bar-Management System for the club. He uses it for all of his clubs. I got free access to the VIP areas, but I still had to pay for my drinks, and tips for the dancers. I still made out on the deal. Well I told him, "I asked a waitress to let Guise know I was here, looking for her. It didn't seem that she got the message. I just saw her get off stage, would you ask her to come see me?" Richard asked who the waitress was; I said that her nametag said Hilda. Oh she is new. I said I know. In the last few days she has cost my credit union a very major account, mine, and an attorney a major client, me again. Richard "I get the message." I said "No Rich, I just wonder how much she has cost us tonight, what is the take from the VIP area?" He went to the computer, and said "About 25% of normal, and it is a heavy night, the stage area is up about 175%" "So in other words, the VIP area where the drinks are 250% of the stage area, is down. Sounds like we lost about $2,000.00 so far. Do you want me here when you talk to her?" "Yes that sound like a good idea." "Just don't get rid of her, I think she needs to have a change of attitude, and learn that people expect to be treated well, no matter who they are. Why don't you bring in two of your bad waitresses and two of your best"

Richard left and when he came back said, "OK, I got Jenny, Barb, Maria, and Vicki coming back along with Hilda. What is your idea?"

"I will show you."

About that time Jenny, Barb, Maria, and Vicki showed up. I wanted to talk to them first. I said "Girls, you all know me, I me I am a minor partner in the club. We have a problem, with the new girl Hilda. She is rude, does not deliver messages when asked by customers. I asked to see someone, and she ignored me. Now she knows me, but is not aware that I am a part owner of the club. I do not feel we will be doing our customers a service if she continues the way she has been doing. At the same time I do not feel we will be doing her a service if we just get rid of her. I would like each of you to tell her how you treat your customer, not just your VIPs but everyone and how much you made in tips tonight. I think she is hurting financially I know she has lost two good jobs in the last two day. I feel partially responsible for that."

Hilda knocked on the office door and was told to come in. When she sees me, she says, "On no not you again, how many times are you going to get me fired?"

"Why don't you listen to what we have to say first? Go on ladies, tell her what we were talking about before she came in."

Jenny started "Hilda, I know you are new, and have never done anything like this before. This is a service job; we are part of the entertainment, just like the girls on stage. We make our money by treating our customer very well. If they want to meet one of the dancers, we pass that girl a message. Some of the girls, waitresses and dancer, have very friendly relationships with some of the better customers. If you treat them right, you will get good tips, but that is just money. Last week my car died on the way to work. I recognized the guy that came with the tow truck as one of my regular customers. He treated me well and gave me a lift to work. He didn't have to do that. He did that because I treated him like a VIP even when he had never been to the VIP area. Honey if you are nice to people they will be nice to you. You should be glad that it was Dave you pissed off, other wise you would be gone by now. Dave wanted me to let you know how much I made tonight, well I have about $675 in tips, and I still have four hours to work. The last four hours are when you make the most in tips."

"Thanks Jenny, you can go back to work, I am sure you are being missed."

Vicki started next "Jen just about said it all, only you are very lucky Dave was the one you pissed off, everyone in this club, just loves him. He is so good the all of us. Two months ago after we were closed a drunk accosted me. Dave was like the knight in dingy armor that he is, convinced this drunk to get into a taxi and go away, he even paid for the cab. He really is a sweetie. Now I have only made $525 so far tonight."

"Thanks Vicki."

Barb started in "Maria and I only started last week, and we have been looking and following what the other girls have been doing. If you treat the customers well, you get good tips. If you treat the dancers like they are ladies, they will help you with the customers. Hell I just wish I had a body like some of these girls and a few years younger, I would be up on that stage. Last weeks I made $1500 in tips, and $375 tonight. How much did you make Maria?"

"Oh! About $1200 last week and $290 tonight so far."

"OK Ladies you can go back to work now."

I waited to continue until they had left. "Now Hilda, in the last two days I know that you have lost two jobs, one because you wanted me to wait when there was no one else in the bank. The again on the next days, you had me wait until your boss came looking. Now I do not know if you did this on your own or if you were just following instruction, with the attorney, I feel you were following instruction, you did not cost him my business, he did that. Now what do we do with you? So far to night you have cost of about $2000. I do not think it would be fair to just can you. Not fair to you or us. Why don't you tell of what your problems are?"

"After I lost the job at the credit union, I went back to the temp agency I used to work for, after the asshole attorney called them they told me not to bother coming back, they would send me my check. Now, I do not know how I am going to pay my mortgage this month."

"Ok, how much do you owe?"

"My mortgage is $750 and due next week, why?"

"No, what I meant how much do you owe all together."

"On the house $35,000 my car $12,000 and my visa I owe another $3700, again why?"

"Do you like being a bitch to people? If you do then you can leave now, and we will send you your pay. However if you don't then I will pay your bills, plus a small salary, for a personal service contract for a two-year period. After which you can leave dept free, and trained to do something with your life."

"What will I have to do?"

"Not much, just learn to be nice and follow instructions. By the way are you married, have any kids, other obligations?

"My husband was listed as missing in action in Afghanistan three years ago. The Army has not told me anything not even why he was there. He was just a cook, what was he doing on a combat mission? I have a little girl and my mother lives with us."

"OK think it over, and meet me at a place called the "Big Bite" at 1:30 for lunch, we will talk more. Now go back to work."

As Hilda was walking out, Jeri, a.k.a. Guise brushed by her, "OH! Dave, I have been looking for you for three weeks, I need to talk to you. I have one more set to dance then could you take me home?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.