Deja Vu - Cover

Deja Vu

Copyright© 2003 by David Wilcox

Chapter 2

The bank I stopped at was one I had stopped using years ago, because of a bounced check. When they wanted to hold the funds of a check I deposited, written on the same branch of the same bank as my account for another 12 days. I had written a check the day of the deposit, thinking that I had the money in the account, it bounced.

I got waited on almost at once. I smiled when I saw Julie, a girl I went to high school, was working the new account desk. She remembered me. We had always gotten along well. Not as well as I would have like. After a short chat, I found out she married her high school sweetheart, the football team's quarterback. He messed up his back, on the first college practice, so no football career; he was working at the 7-11 down the street. I told Julie what I wanted; No I NEED a good Financial Advisor, and a bank to handle my money.

She said, "Dave you need to see Mr. Jameson, the VP in-charge of accounts. I sorry, I can't help you more" She had been instructed to hand over all large accounts to him.

After waiting twenty minutes for Mr. Jameson. I asked, "Julie, would you get me the Bank President. I am tired of waiting on Mr. Jameson."

The bank President saw me immediately. I told him of my needs and, "I have waited over 20 minutes, for the Accounts VP. Since this bank did not seem to need or want my business, I would find another one."

He got up walked around his desk and apologized before I had a chance to leave his office. I am sorry you had to wait, we try to take care of all of our customers." He them went to the VP office and found him and his secretary having a little early afternoon delight. When he returned, "Mr. Wilcox, I am so sorry about this. This bank no longer employs Mr. Jameson. Tell me how I can help you, until we can get an account manager to take care of you. I told, "I just won a very large Lottery jackpot. I need a bank to take care of my money. I want a good Financial Advisor. Something that I insist on, when I came into the bank to do business I wanted to be seen immediately. I wanted to see the same person every time. I would like Julie to manage my account, since I have known here for years, and she always treated me fine." I also told him, "I expected the bank to take care of her for taking care of me. I would like to have some credit cards by noon tomorrow. I also need my money transferred from my credit union, this afternoon and credited to my account at the same time."

He replied that, "We can do that, lets bring your new account manager in an start filling out the paperwork. Please call me Bill" He picked up the phone and asked, "Julie would you please come in here."

Julie came into the office and said, "Sir I buzzed Mr. Jameson, I really need this job."

He interrupted her, "Julie, it was not your fault. As a matter of fact you are being promoted, you will be Mr. Wilcox's account manager. He needs to have you fill out some paperwork, and flash process some credit cards for him. I must apologize to you, for letting Jameson hold you back. I am sure you will do fine. Just take good care of Mr. Wilcox, he is or will be one of our largest depositors. If either of you have any question, please come see me."

"Yes sir. Dave, if you will come with me we can get your paperwork filled out."

"Julie let me know when you are done with Mr. Wilcox, I will be taking you both to lunch.

When Julie and I were finished, Bill suggested after lunch, we go over to my credit union and close my account, and have the money transferred to my new accounts.

We went to a restaurant called 'The Big Bite', one I had never been to before. It was very nice; the menu mostly had light lunches on it. However what was really neat was the dining room, there was a very large salt water aquarium, loaded with tropical fish, eels Lion fish, small sharks. It was fascinating just to watch while waiting for our meals. The service was excellent. When I mentioned the service Bill, he said to get used to it. It seems that once you get money the service is what it should have always been. He went on to expound that most service people have a tendency to feel that they are owed tips, they tend to forget that tips are voluntary on the part of customers. Bill seemed to be a wealth of trivia knowledge, such as where the word tip got started (T.I.P, To Insure Promptness.)

After lunch Julie asked me to call her later and gave me her home phone number.

Bill and I went to my credit union, no one was waiting and the receptionist still tried to get us to take a number. We just walked past her, and went into the Manager's office and closed the door. After we started to discuss our business, the door opens and as police officer tries to pull me out of the office. The manager stops him, telling him it was all a mistake. That Mr. Wilcox was a valued customer, and Mr. Richardson was a colleague. I then explained that I was planning on closing all of my accounts and transferring the monies to Bill's Bank ASAP. She then pulled up my account information and was shocked, when she found I had almost $51 million on deposit. I explained I tried to come in earlier today, and got the blocking treatment from the receptionist so I went to Bill's Bank and I wanted everything transferred there now. She tried to talk me out of it, but I refused to relent. After the transfer was complete lest my few outstanding loans and credit card balance we walked out. Meanwhile the manager was telling the receptionist to pack her stuff that she no longer worked there after costing them their single largest depositor.

The receptionist replied, "But I was just doing what you told me..." The manager cut her off, "There is nothing to say, and you are out of here now."

On the way out of the Credit Union Bill asked me to stop by the bank about five, my credit cards and some cash would be ready to be picked up. He would have a letter of credit for me, and my Financial Advisor would be waiting to meet me.

I went back to the hotel I had been staying at and pulled out the yellow pages. The first thing I wanted to do was let my work know I was quitting my job. I knew just how I wanted to do that. I found an ad for an Entertainment Casting Agency. After a brief chat telling what I wanted and where, I told them I would meet them at 2:30 PM at my soon to be old work. At 2:30 I found the three piece band at Allied Systems Development and walked in I found my soon to be old boss in the break room, along with everyone else in the company, 2:30 was the last mandatory break of the work day. I started to talk to Smyth, and let him know that (Just as the band started play Johnny Paycheck's hit song), 'You can take this job and shove it I isn't working here no more... ' All of my now ex-co-workers laughed. He really should treat his employees better. There was not going to be anymore 0.05% raises for me. I was gone and out the door. The band and I walked out together. They were laughing hard when they told me to forget the fee that was the best job of quitting they had ever heard of. I tried to insist, but the band leader told me, if you pay us then we would not feel right about retelling this story, but if you don't pay us, we can make more in tips, from people who want to do what you just did, if that is OK with you."

Use it if you want to. I think there are to many employers like Smithy out there. They seem to think that just because someone works for you, they are your slaves. No one should ever feel like a slave to his or her paycheck supplier.

I made it to the bank at 4:50. Julie met me at the door and handed me a new leather briefcase, she said I knew what was inside, and then escorted me to Bill's office where I meet a man and young woman both in their mid-thirties. Dave this is Jessica Andrews, and Richard Allen, they are the best Financial Advisors in town and after explaining your situation they said they would be happy to meet you. We talked about their philosophy of investing "invest in what you know about", how to handle money wisely, and the option of changing my name since I would be big news by this time tomorrow. They recommended several attorneys who could act as my agent, when investing locally. They had taken the liberty of setting up appointments with four of them for tomorrow and the day after. Meet with them all and make you own decision on which you want to trust. When they found out I was staying at a hotel, they suggested I move every two days, until I found a secure place to stay, a home in one of the Gated Communities that had a good security service, a condo with security, the main theme was have security around me. They arranged for my apartment to be emptied and everything put in storage by the end of the week, under the name a David Wilson, there are IDs and credit cards in your briefcase to support that name.

As I left the bank, I asked Julie to meet me at my hotel bar, to talk, she could bring her husband if she wanted. She said she would be there at 9:30.

On the way out of the parking lot, I knew where my next stop was. When I was in Italy, years ago I had a Porsche 924, I just loved that car. I was heart broken when I could not bring it back so I decided to go car shopping. There was only one Porsche dealer in town, so my next stop was there. I found a brand new Porsche 911 and it purred like a well-feed tiger. The dealer was a little hesitant about taking my personal check with a number of 001, until he saw the letter of credit. I told him, "I will be back at 8:00 AM to pick it up, and would it be alright if I could park it on his lot at night for a few days."

"Sure no problem at all. If you want we can even fix up your pickup, while you are out driving your new toy."

I really had not thought about the pickup. I guess I needed to keep a low profile car to avoid showing my newfound wealth. We agreed to full tune-up, fix what needed to be fixed, and new coat of paint, but not to fancy. He said he would give me a price when I dropped my car off tomorrow.

I meet Julie at my hotel bar. She told me that Joey was working. She said she wanted to thank me for her new position. We talked about high school; the direction out lives had taken. She asked my why I wanted her to look after my accounts. I asked her if she remembered when I asked her out when we were juniors. She said yes, she always felt bad that she had turned me down. I told her that I never had a single date in high school. The way she turned me down, in the nicest way. She did not make fun of the fact I had to work for everything, or my parent never had any money, that she had treated me with respect, no one else ever did. Even though we never went out during high school, you always acted like a friend. She told me she always felt I was one; it was just that the timing was never right for us. We talked about her husband, how sad she was that there were no children, she was not real happy with Joey. He never lived up to his potential. He was always reliving his high school football career. He never accepted that for him football was over. Got a part time job working at a 7-11, and 20 years later was still working in the same one, as an assistant manager. His only ambition was to play professional football and that was no longer a viable option. We talked about my career, my time in the army, my time in Civil Service, my travels around the world, and my marriages that went bad after to few years. I told her about the love of my life, my last wife, and her death at the hands of a drunken sailor in Italy. The only thing that I found pleasure in was my programming. Even that working for a company that took all of my ideas and paid me nothing for them, had started to take the pleasure out of it also. I told her how I had quit that afternoon. Julie sort of hinted that she would like to go up to my room with me. That time for us had past, I valued her more as a friend than a lover, and I just didn't pick up on the hints. Julie went home, I went to my room.

I thought about everything that I experienced over the last 48 hours. I started thinking about my vision about the ticket. I was looking at my hotel key, and I saw another vision. In this vision I saw my hotel room, and the clock on my nightstand said 3:45 AM, and two men opening the door with guns in hand and shooting me in the bed. I packed as fast as I could, and left the hotel, I did not check out. I went across town and checked into the Florida House Hotel, under the name of David Wilson. While in the new hotel room, I started thinking about how to trigger my vision. It seemed that when I focused on an object or idea I would get a vision connected to the object and me. The more I concentrated the clearer the vision. The only problem was how to set a date, and time of the future event.

The next morning driving to the Porsche dealer, I was listening to the radio and how the police were looking for me, it seemed that my hotel room (the old hotel room) was broken into last night. Two men were arrested after they shot up the bed. One was the hotel Manager, and the other was an assistance manager of a 7-11. I picked up the toy and stopped by the police station one the way to my first appointment of the day. They asked me to come back in the afternoon to talk with the detectives and the DA.

I talked with all four attorneys. I found it hard to believe who the receptionist was at the last attorney, she was the ex-receptionist for my old credit union. She told me I would have to wait; she did not have me down for an appointment. I wait 45 minutes, when the attorney came out of his office, and asked if I was Mr. Wilson. I said yes, and we went into his office. He asked me why I was late. I told him that I had been cooling my heels in his outer office for almost an hour. Then I told him about his receptionist. Before I could get up he tried to tell me that she was a temp, and today was her first and last day, his normal girl would be back tomorrow. I then told him she cost my Credit Union a $170 million account, yesterday. Today she cost you a lot of money too. On my way out I stopped and asked the girl if she remembered me, when she looked at me her face paled. She said I guess I should start packing up. How many more jobs are you going to cost me? None if you learn that a customer, any customer needs to be treated well, and not just told to wait.

I stopped at the Big Bite for some lunch. While I was waiting for my food, I was looking at the fish, and thinking of the interviews I had today. The last attorney was out; it took him 45 minutes to find out if his 10 a.m. appointment was even there. I guess his time was more important than mine was. The second attorney I felt very good with. The first attorney I felt nothing about. The third attorney I had a vision about, I saw papers in his desk, about a property transfer from a real estate broker, to him, and him to me, with me paying a 400% price increase on the transfer to me. That was enough for that joker.

I have finally learned that my vision were telling me what can or might happen, if I just trust them.

After lunch I decided to get the cops over with.

I drove to the police station. City driving had never felt so good, so much fun before.

While I was waiting for the front desk for the detectives I saw Julie walk out. I talked to her for a few minutes. She told me how sorry she was it seems that her husband heard how I won the Lottery on the radio, and followed her to the hotel. He played football with the hotel manager, and they had decided they were going to...

That was when a detective interrupted us, "You two should not be talking with each other."

I took an instant dislike to this man. I told him, "It is going to be real hard not to talk to her; she is my account manager."

About this time the assistance district attorney joined us. Now people have been saying it is a small world, but having traveled most of it in various military aircraft I never believed it until now. The district attorney was a sexy redhead, having a weakness for redhead, I remembered her in a second. She and I had one very uneventful date when I was a freshman in college. The last time I saw her she was working for Pier One in Orlando years ago. She said she was going waiting for the new term of Stetson Law to open up. That was well more years ago than I would like to remember.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.