Everlasting Love - Cover

Everlasting Love

Copyright© 2003 by Aphrodite_Goddess

Chapter 1: The Disagreement

She sat on the balcony wrapped in a blanket, her face buried in her hands. The wind had blown her long brunette hair into a mass of confusion. Flipping it back, she wiped her tears, sniffled and walked to her room. With lethargic movement she pulled her silk lilac gown over head and reached for the matching robe. The fabric clung to her every curve, accentuating her breasts, waist, and hips. Then ended leaving four or so inches of bare leg just above the knees.

Grabbing a book off her nightstand she headed for the den where a fire had already been started but was now dying down from lack of attention. She stoked the fire, adding a log, then just stood there for a few moments staring into the flame. Reflections of events just an hour ago ran through her head, watching him over and over again walk out the door in her mind.

Tears once again began to well up inside her as she reached for the bottle of wine that had been intended for two. She poured a glass and in one swift swallow it was gone, followed by two more of the same. Then before she knew what she was doing she found herself standing on the curb in front of her apartment complex hailing a cab.

Taking into consideration that she had not taken the time to change her clothes, it was no wonder that she didn't have to wait long before a cab stopped. She instructed the driver to take her to 72 Maple Street. Jeff was the only person she had left in the world and she couldn't let him go that easily. She tried to remember what the argument was about and couldn't, but knew it was her fault just the same and she wouldn't sleep till he was in her arms again.

She was so far away in thought that she hadn't noticed the cab had stopped.

"Is this the house lady?" The driver grunted for the third time, obviously annoyed.

"Oh! Yes," she said as she snapped to reality. "How much do I owe you?"

She reached for her purse.

"Two dollars and fifty three cents," Replied the driver as he held out his hand.

"Here you go, and thank you very much," she said.

"Should I wait?" he had a smirk on his face.

"No thank you, with any luck I'll be staying the night."

She exited the cab and started for the door of old colonial home where Jeff resided. She seemed to be moving on autopilot, not really having any control or thought over what she was doing. Just a single purpose, to see Jeff and work things out.

Due to the late hour, Jeff had been in bed, so it was several rings of the doorbell before Jeff emerged. Her heart sped at the sight of him.

"Jeff, ah, can we talk please?"

She was shivering, partly from the cold and partly because of the nervous knot that had presented itself when he opened the door.

Jeff, who had also been unable to sleep, gave her the once over. When he realized she was barely clothed he grabbed her by the arm gently.

"Are you crazy Liz? It is freezing out there. Get in here before you freeze to death, not to mention the neighbors seeing you like that."

He led her into a large family room with plush sofas, a mahogany coffee table, and a faux bear skin rug in front of a raging fire. Liz went straight for the rug and sat down while Jeff retrieved a blanket from the hall closet and wrapped her in it. "I will be right back with a couple hot chocolates, you stay here and get warm."

Moment's later Jeff returned with two mugs of hot chocolate and sat down on the rug next to her.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.