Kindred - Cover

Kindred

Copyright© 2003 by Paradox116

Chapter 17: Preparations and Surprises

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 17: Preparations and Surprises - The story of a Vampire, his Ladies and the things he does for (un)life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Reluctant   Mind Control   Fiction   Vampires   Group Sex   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Pregnancy   Slow   Violence  

It was a week after my meeting with Earl Tomas and Baronet Francis. His Majesty had informed Count Terrence that we would be making an official visit at His Majesty's behest, and we were to be made welcome. Messages had been exchanged, and a date set for two weeks hence.

Preparations were being made, including placing spies in the Count's household, and readying the force that was to accompany me. The ninety soldiers were already chosen, and it was well known that all within my Garden would attend me. The only question was how many Warriors of the Green would accompany us. I wanted firm intelligence on the Count's forces before I made a decision.

A knock on the door interrupted us as Francesca and I were going over the quarterly tax lists. My advisors and I had agreed that after resolving matters with Terrence, we might as well make the quarterly audit of my Duchy before returning home. Francesca and I were deciding which communities were most in need of a personal visit by their Duke.

"Enter," I called, then set my boots up on my desk and leaned back in my chair. Francesca just watched me tolerantly.

Vincent entered and gave Francesca a small bow, which she acknowledged with a bright smile and nod. Then he turned to me. Over the years I'd made it clear to my advisors that I tolerated courtliness towards myself only when a neutral or unfriendly Noble or unfamiliar guest was present. But I demanded the utmost chivalry for any Lady in my company. "M'Lord," Vincent began. "We have received a pair of reports that will be of utmost interest to you. The first states that the Count's home force consists of five hundred men at arms, consisting of heavy, medium and light horse, and footmen being mostly pike and spear."

I nodded. "Inform Mystique," Mystique was the War Mistress of the Warriors, "that the entire force of The Green will accompany us to Gaiford, and are to be prepared to act as an archery force against heavy armor. What was the second report?"

"Baronet Francis of Siddoway has apparently met with tragedy. Reports we have intercepted state that his body was found not far from the roadway. The cause of death is said to be a large and vicious animal attack."

My boots and the chair legs met the floor at the same time. "What details do you have? How long ago did he die? Where was he found? Have they buried him?"

Vincent checked his notes. "The Baronet was found less than two days ago, and reportedly not long after he perished. Apparently the blood and gore were still rather fresh. He was found approximately five miles from Terrence's Castle, heading for his own estate at Siddoway. The attack apparently occurred sometime past midnight."

"Alright. Can we get someone in to inspect the body?"

"Possibly, m'Lord. But what are they looking for?"

I frowned. This attack was very strange. First, I doubted Francis was likely to be traveling unaccompanied late at night. And why would Terrence send a fellow Noble home at such a time. "I've heard from the Marquise Eleanor of other attacks in her marquisate. Mostly peasants or craftsmen, but all killed by a large animal. When are the funeral rites for the Baronet?"

"Three days hence, m'Lord. You aren't planning to attend, are you?" Vincent was clearly shocked at this possibility.

"Aye. I have a suspicion concerning this beast, but I have to see the victims to prove or disprove my concerns. Tell David to prepare the required personnel. Also inform Carlton that I'll require his attendance. I want to leave tomorrow at dawn."

Vincent nodded, quickly considering the necessities my decision entailed. I'd realized oh-so-many-years ago that there would be times I'd have to travel by daylight. My first choice at such times was a very large carriage drawn by a matched team of heavy horse. Heavy indigo curtains covered the carriage windows, with solid wood shades inside the curtains in case of high wind or attack.

For those times I was required to travel by horseback, I preferred full plate armor, and under the visor I wore a heavy black velvet hood. I did have a third option, but it required a great deal of preparation, and was only effective for a few hours at a time.

I'd also decided that whenever I traveled, my Garden accompanied me. Most thought this an affectation, or the mark of a libertine. In actuality, it served several purposes. It gave me access to my food source. It also surrounded me with absolutely loyal bodyguards, and many of my most trusted advisors.

"Have Pegery," he was the Commander of my Ducal forces, "organize a Guard of Honor, with an additional squad, to accompany us. We won't be able to conceal any of The Green in this force, so we'll make do. Also, send messengers to the Marquise and the Baronetcy that we will be attending the Baronet's interment."

"Yes m'Lord." Vincent left to follow my instructions.

I turned to Francesca. "Are we finished, as well?"

"Aye, m'Lord. There are a dozen communities we will need to inspect, and we've set a route that will allow you to visit each Blossom in the allotted time." And this was the true reason I made this journey each quarter. I used the opportunity to renew the Covenant with the former members of my Garden that chose to remain bound by it. At this time, there were one hundred twelve former Blossoms within the Duchy that kept the Covenant.

"Thank you, Francesca. Now, shall we retire to the Rose Garden for tonight's lottery?" She smiled and looped her arm with mine as we made our way to the Commons of my Garden.

After my talk with Kaylene, and another with Iris, it had been decided to re-instate the original, ancient lottery system. Each of the women had selected one of the original twenty gemstones, and I would draw one as the previous night's winner held the bag. The previous winners' stones were kept in a separate bag until the circuit had been completed. So the lottery held thirteen possible winners tonight. When Francesca and I entered, the eligible women hurried to surround me, then settled to their knees as Kyra brought forth the bag of stones. She shook the bag carefully to distribute the pieces, then opened it and held it above her head, so I was forced to draw blindly. I think they knew that if I really tried, I could have memorized the shapes and sizes of the stones, but I was scrupulously fair in this matter. I reached in and drew out a round sapphire, almost black in color. I held it up for all to see, and Nyria gave a gleeful cry and leapt to her feet. I chuckled at her delight and put my arm around her as I addressed the others.

"My Ladies, I have received disturbing news this eve that requires us to travel to Siddoway on the morrow. As usual, I desire your company. I'm sure Vincent has maidservants on their way here to assist you in preparing for the journey. We will be gone five days, with funeral rites to attend. We will not be accompanied by The Green, so prepare appropriately." They all nodded understanding that I expected them to have their arms available. "Rest well, m'Ladies, and the caravan will leave at dawn." Nyria and I made our departure.

At my chambers, I stopped inside the doorway to admire Nyria. She was an islander, like all of my Garden at this time. She wore a blue velvet hooded dress that covered her shoulder length black hair. Her eyes, when she turned to face me, were a bright gray. She smiled at me teasingly, and backed towards the bed, her hands slowly undoing each button of her dress. With one hand, she slid each sleeve halfway down, while the other hand held the dress closed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.