Dance of a Lifetime - Cover

Dance of a Lifetime

Copyright© 2003 by Don Lockwood

Chapter 170: Finale

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 170: Finale - Two kids meet. She has a boyfriend. He's much better for her. Can he tell her? Will she figure it out? Winner of two Golden Clitorides (Best Serial, Best Long Story by a New Author) in 2001.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Ma/Ma   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Cream Pie   Slow   Violence  

Monday night, the Ice Dance finals, the free skate.

Amy and Ryan defeated Courtney and Evan by the slightest of margins to win the battle for fifth place.

Then, the top four couples took the ice for the warm-up. Sophia and Warren would be skating last. They ran through some footwork and warmed up, then stepped off the ice. They went backstage, but in range of a TV, so they could watch the other couples skate.

The Canadians skated excellently. They got top marks and a standing ovation from their home country crowd.

The Russians were just OK, and came nowhere near to the Canadians. Sophia, in fact, said to Warren, "Amy and Ryan should've beat that. Courtney and Evan, too. That was weak."

"Ah, well, you know how it goes," Warren laughed.

Then came the Brits. They were good, but not as good as the Canadians.

So, it was all up to Warren and Sophia. The medal winners were set. (Sophia and Warren would have to finish the free dance lower then seventh to not win a medal at all, which wasn't going to happen.) And the Canadians were higher than the Brits. The final color of the medals would be decided by the Kellehers.

"Ready?" Warren asked Sophia as they waited to take the ice.

"All ready already," Sophia laughed. "It's been a long road."

"It certainly has."

"We can do this. We can win this thing," Sophia declared.

"Yes, we can. We're the best ice dancers in the world. Let's go prove it."

"Damn straight."

They took the ice to thunderous applause. They moved to the center of the ice, to their starting position, and waited for the music.

Warren was dressed in all white. He was wearing a white sweater vest-with black and red trim at the v-neck--over a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and white pants. He was also wearing a white hat. Sophia was wearing a blue dress with 'wings' on the sleeves that fluttered when she skated. It was a precise reproduction of the costumes that Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds wore during the 'dance on the soundstage' scene of Singing In The Rain.

The music started, the opening passage to the song Singing In The Rain, complete with Gene Kelly's doo-n-doo-doo's. The Kellehers started simply, with some side-by-side steps with arms linked, into a spin.

25 seconds in, the music shifted--to You Were Meant For Me, the same music used by Kelly and Reynolds in that soundstage dance scene. It was contrary to ice dance convention to have the 'slow section' this early in the program--but Warren and Sophia never let themselves be ruled by ice dance convention. This section was a little over a minute long, and was a tribute to the sustained romanticism of the original movie scene. It was gorgeous and still complex.

The complexity was quickly escalated with the next section of music, the brutally fast Moses. They started out with their side by side footwork, which was fast, powerful, and difficult--and a treat for the audience. It was fun and frisky, and the crowd responded. They continued through the Moses section of music, working in a couple difficult lifts amongst the snappy footwork.

With almost two minutes left in the program, the music shifted again, back to Singing In The Rain. This time it was the end, the sustained instrumental to which Gene Kelly does most of his staggering dance solo in the movie. Warren and Sophia, of course, did it not as a solo, but as a duet. Even so, they tried their hardest to be as faithful to the mood of the Kelly piece as they could.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.