Dance of a Lifetime - Cover

Dance of a Lifetime

Copyright© 2003 by Don Lockwood

Chapter 114: Kate's Story

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 114: Kate's Story - Two kids meet. She has a boyfriend. He's much better for her. Can he tell her? Will she figure it out? Winner of two Golden Clitorides (Best Serial, Best Long Story by a New Author) in 2001.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Ma/Ma   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Petting   Cream Pie   Slow   Violence  

Chad Kozak drove home the last week of August. He was exhausted. School had yet to start-wouldn't, in fact, for a week-but Chad was on the football team and late August was time for two-a-days.

Not only was he on the football team-he was the starting quarterback. He had been, in fact, since midway through his sophomore year. He was a talented young man who was already attracting attention from college recruiters. More importantly, to him, Oceanview High had finished the season strong last year and, having lost very few starters, were poised for a big year this year. A state championship was not out of the question.

Chad had it all going on. He was handsome, a star athlete, a good student. In other words, he was the quintessential BMOC. Unfortunately, he had realized he wasn't all that happy.

It had started to set in the past spring, at the Junior Prom. He questioned why he hadn't noticed it before then, but he guessed he was just reveling in the attention. He knew a lot of people wanted to hang around with him because he was the BMOC, but he could live with that. What he couldn't live with is that the dawning realization that people he thought were her friends, people he was close to, acted the same way.

And first on that list was his date for that Junior Prom, Brittany Coombs. She wasn't just his date, she was his girlfriend, and had been for over a year at that time. It was the stereotypical high school scenario-he was the star quarterback, she was the head cheerleader. He was tall and handsome, she was blonde and buxom. They looked great together.

The only problem was, it seemed that all Brittany cared about was how they looked. It got worse over the summer, as Brittany seemed to insist that every date be an opportunity for them to parade around together in public. They never talked. They were rarely intimate-they had taken each other's virginity the previous summer, but Brittany never treated sex as anything other than a chore. Chad was a typical teenaged boy-he liked sex-but making love to Brittany had become so soul-numbing that he quit trying. Everyone around them thought that they were the perfect couple, but what they had become was the perfect public couple-and Chad was no longer satisfied with that.

Two weeks before, he had ended it. Brittany acted crushed, but Chad knew by now that what she was really upset about was how it was going to look. His friends on the football team couldn't believe it-how could he dump the star cheerleader, the school babe? He couldn't explain it to most of them.

Chad had two close friends. Butch Ullman was on the football team-in fact, he was a receiver, and Chad's favorite target-and he had talked enough with Chad to have an idea about his dissatisfaction with his relationship with Brittany. Butch didn't understand it completely, but he understood somewhat. Chad's other best friend was Ben DiLillo. Ben wasn't a football player-in fact, he was a computer geek-but they had grown up together and had maintained their friendship. Chad had often defended Ben from teasing by the other football players. Everyone pretty much left Ben alone nowadays. Plus, Ben had written a dynamite program to chart the team's statistics.

Ben was the one guy who understood. "Chad, I never understood what you saw in her, anyway."

"You didn't? You never said anything."

"What, I was going to tell my best friend-who, incidentally, can beat me to a bloody pulp-that I thought his girlfriend was an empty-headed slave to appearance? I don't think so."

So, at least he had one pal that knew him as more than the BMOC. He didn't know if that was enough, though, as he started his senior year in high school-a year that was primed to define the term Glory Days-very unsettled.

Chad was still unsettled on the first day of school-especially as he approached his last class of the morning, before lunch. I should have changed this, he said to himself.

Oceanview offered an elective class in Ballroom Dancing. It worked as a credit for physical education. Brittany had convinced him to sign up with her when they were still together. Now he regretted it.

He walked in. He was surprised at the number of people. It was well known that Mrs. Meyer, the instructor, insisted on an equal number of girls and boys in her class. He thought that would keep the numbers down. But there were quite a few guys milling around. Evidently, word had gotten out that the class was a good place to meet girls.

Brittany was there, of course. She called to Chad immediately, and he waved, but tried to stay as far away from her as possible. Then, Mrs. Meyer came in and the group settled down.

"OK. First thing you need to do is pick a partner. This will be your partner for at least the first week. After that, you'll have a chance to change if you want. No big deal, just pair off."

Oh, crap, Chad thought. I don't know anyone in this class except Brittany and some of her cheerleading friends she roped in. Chad stood there, looking around nervously, when he saw Brittany making a beeline towards him. He turned around and saw a slender girl with red hair standing behind him.

"You," he said. "I pick you."

"Me?" the red-head said.

Seeing Brittany approaching from the corner of his eye, he said, "Yes. Please. Come here, quickly, I'm begging you." She grabbed his hand with a questioning look. Then he heard, "Chad?"

"Sorry, Brittany, already got a partner." She stomped off in fury. Then he looked at the redhead. "Thank you so much. You just saved my life."

"Really? How did I do that?"

"That was my ex-girlfriend. We signed up for this class when we were still together, and she is the last person I want for a partner."

"Oh, she dumped you?"

"Actually, I dumped her. She no doubt saw this as a way to try to rekindle things."

"Aah. Breaking off a relationship is no fun."

"You sound like you've been there, done that."

"Yeah, beginning of the summer."

"Only a month for me." He held out his hand. "By the way, I'm Chad Kozak."

"I know who you are, I go to the football games," she giggled. "Katherine Thompson. Kate to my friends."

"Ah. May I call you Kate, then?"

"Why not? If we're going to be dancing together, we might as well be friends, right?"

They learned some of the more simple steps at first, laughing at some of their stumbling efforts. Mrs. Meyer called a break, and had some drinks available.

"Whew, this is hard," Kate said.

"Yeah."

"So, you took this class because the ex roped you into it?"

"Something like that. What's your excuse?"

Kate laughed. "I just want to learn to do this. My stepsister and her fiancé are professional ice dancers, but they can also ballroom dance up a storm, and it always looked so fun."

"Ah. Yeah, I remember two skaters from Oceanview in the Olympics. My mom and sister are figure skating fanatics, so I had to sit through the Olympics."

"Yeah, that's them," Kate giggled. "Sophia Daniels and Warren Kelleher. Sophia's mom married my Dad a couple years ago. I love Sophia to death, and Warren's pretty damn cool, too."

"Wasn't, um, there some kind of scandal with them? She was pregnant or something?"

"She was definitely pregnant," Kate confirmed. "My niece's name is Betsy, she's a month old. And next summer I get to be a bridesmaid at the wedding."

"I didn't think they were that old."

"Sophie's 20, Warren's 19. But they've been together since they were 14. There was never any doubt in anyone's mind that they were going to get married someday. The baby just pushed it up a couple years."

"Together since they were 14? I can barely imagine that."

"You have to know these two. True love."

"That's cool."

Kate punched him in the arm. "Oh, so the football jock believes in true love, eh?"

"Hey, football jocks have feelings, too."

"One learns something new every day, doesn't one?" Kate grinned at him.

"I think we have to dance again."

"Uh-huh."

They danced in class all that week. They laughed their way through it most of the time, but were actually picking up some of the steps. The next Monday, Mrs. Meyer entered class and said, "OK, anyone who thinks they'd do better with another partner, please raise your hand."

Brittany looked over at Chad. He looked at Kate. They smiled at each other. Neither of their hands went up, much to Brittany's consternation.

"So, your first game is Friday night?" Kate asked at their break.

"Yeah. You going?"

"I always go. I like sports. Basketball's my favorite, but I like football, too."

"Cool. Practices have been brutal. Salem's got a good team this year."

"I heard. Just think, though, what all this dancing is going to do for your agility. You'll be dancing past all those onrushing linemen. They'll call you Twinkletoes," Kate teased.

"Not the way I dance. They're more liable to call me Step-on-her-Toes. I'm surprised I haven't put your foot in a cast yet."

Kate laughed. "I have strong feet."

"With me around, you'll need them."

The next couple of days went by. Chad was becoming increasingly comfortable with Kate, and looked forward to their class more and more. They were at break Thursday, chatting as usual.

"Damn, look at Brittany glaring at you," Kate said with a chuckle. "What an expression. I wish I had time to fish out my sketchpad."

"Sketchpad?"

"Yeah. I'm an artist. I'm more of a painter, but I often paint from sketches I do during the day."

"Waitaminnit," Chad started, "I'm an idiot. I can't believe I didn't make the connection before this. Katherine Thompson. That mural in the front foyer is yours!"

"Yeah," Kate said, pleased. "They commissioned me to do that this summer."

"It's great. Really brightened the place up."

"Thanks."

"Kate, I was wondering," Chad said hesitantly, "if you were doing anything Saturday night? If not, I'd love to take you out. Dinner and a movie, or something."

Kate's face clouded over. "Chad, I just don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not?"

"I just don't."

"You've got to have a better answer than that."

"What's the matter," Kate taunted, angry that he wouldn't accept her answer, "the big football star not used to being turned down?"

"I went out with the same girl for a year and a half, I'm not used to asking!"

Kate looked a bit sheepish, but then Mrs. Meyer called the class back to order.

When the class ended, with Kate and Chad arm-in-arm in a dance hold, Chad didn't release her right away.

"Kate," he said. "Eat lunch with me."

"I don't think that's a good idea, either."

"Please. Look, if you can explain this to me, I won't bug you again. I'll even request another partner, if you want. But we get along. We've gotten along since this class started. I'd like to get to know you better. I don't understand why you'd say no right out of hand."

Kate sighed. "OK, let's go to lunch and we'll talk."

They grabbed their lunch trays and found an out-of-the-way table outside on the patio.

"Look, it's like this," Kate began. "I like you, I'll admit it. But you're the Man, the football hero, and I'm a geeky artist. It could never work."

"I still don't get it."

"First of all, how would you feel walking into one of the football team's parties with me on your arm? What would the guys on the team say? How much teasing would you get? If we started going out, you'd get tired of the novelty in a hurry, and run back to Brittany or some other cheerleader-type in a hurry You're a football player."

Chad just glared at her. "OK. You're right. Going out would be a bad idea."

"I'm glad you-"

Chad kept talking. "Yeah, because I'm pretty sure I don't want to go out with someone who insults me like you just did!"

"Insulted you?!?"

"You're damn right you did." Chad was indignant. "You just told me that I can't pick a date without the help of my friends. You also told me that dating you would just be a 'novelty' for me, like I want to slum with the geeky artist or something before I go back to my usual diet of cheerleaders, seeing as I'm a football player and can't help myself."

"I did not... um, oh shit, I did, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did." Kate buried her face in her hands. "Kate." She looked up. "Eat your lunch. Let me tell you a story. I went out with the head cheerleader for a year and a half. We were The Couple. We won king and queen at the prom last year. Now, we started going out as sophomores, so maybe it was just youth at first. But, by the end, I hated it. I broke it off because I couldn't go out with someone that I had no emotional connection with anymore."

"Now, as for teasing from my teammates, they think I'm nuts for dumping Brittany in the first place. I could show up at a party with your Grandmother and they'd just think it was another step down the path I'm already on. If what my teammates thought about my dates mattered, I'd never have broken up with Brittany. I'm tired of living my life based on appearances. Just because I play football doesn't make me shallow."

Kate sighed. "I went out with Dave for a long time. I broke it off because I couldn't change myself to please him."

"I don't want to change you. And I wouldn't be embarrassed to walk down the street with you, as you seem to be implying."

Kate got a gleam in her eye. "OK. Prove it."

"Prove it?"

"I'll go out with you Saturday, on one condition. You go out with me tomorrow first."

"Kate, I have a game tomorrow..."

"I know that. After the game. You're going to take me to Dunkin Donuts for a cup of java. I'm going to be waiting for you, in the stadium, and you're going to leave your teammates, come get me, and take me for coffee."

Chad looked at her, and then smiled. "Ah, I see. A test. I'd say you drive a hard bargain, but I'd be glad to take you for coffee after the game."

"I'm holding you to that."

At the end of their dance class the next day, Chad looked at Kate and said, "So, how do you take your coffee?" as he walked away. And then he winked.

Kate sat in the football stadium with her friends. She told herself she wasn't nervous, but she was lying to herself.

The game was great. Oceanview won in a rout. Kate watched the players leave, and watched the crowd file out. She knew it would take Chad a while to change. So, she waited.

"Great game, Kozak," running back Tom Evers told him.

"You too, Evers."

"You want to go out and do something?" his pal Butch asked him.

"Sorry, got plans," Chad told them. "A certain lady is waiting for me out in the stands so I can take her for coffee. And we can plan our date tomorrow night."

"You got back with Brittany?" Jack Indrusky, a lineman, asked him.

"Not on your life."

"So, who are you taking out?" Tom Evers asked.

"Kate Thompson," Chad told them.

"KATE THOMPSON???" Jack exclaimed. "The artist? Why on earth her?"

"I like her," Chad said simply.

"He can have any girl in this school and he picks Kate Thompson," Tom said.

"Yeah, and I had to talk her into it."

"HUH?" Jack blurted.

"Yeah. I had to convince her I wasn't just another shallow football jock. See you guys later." He left the locker room and headed out. Butch went with him.

"Kate Thompson? You sure?" Butch asked.

"Yeah. You know her?"

"I don't know her. I know who she is. You got to admit, she doesn't travel in the same social circles as you."

"Butch, who, besides you, is my other best friend."

"Benny." Butch sighed. "Ah, I see your point. If you gave a damn about social circles, you would have dumped Benny years ago, instead of defending him, and bringing him into our group."

"Exactly. Tell me, Butch, what do you think of Benny?"

"I like Ben. He's a great guy."

"My point exactly."

Butch looked at his friend, and grinned. "So, where is this chick?"

Chad laughed. "In the stands. Come say hello."

Chad saw her. She was wearing a long print skirt, a white blouse, and a big floppy hat. She was talking with someone. As Chad got closer, he realized it was Ben DiLillo.

"Hey, DiLillo, you making time with my date?" Kate looked at him, not realizing he was kidding.

"That wasn't a very nice thing to say. Ben's a friend of mine." Kate said indignantly.

"Ah, Kozak's just kidding. You're actually going out with this oaf?" Ben said to Kate.

Kate was thoroughly confused by now. "Oaf? Better an oaf like me than a computer weenie like you." Chad said.

"Be nice to me, star quarterback, or you won't get no stats from me. Or I'll doctor them so the coach can read out that you were 7 for 25 with three interceptions."

"DiLillo, when was the last time I threw three interceptions?"

"Everett game, last year."

"Damn. You had to remind me, didn't you?"

"You asked."

"It was a rhetorical question, you over-brained geek."

"I'm surprised you know what rhetorical means, helmet-head."

Kate was sitting on the bleachers, totally confused. She then noticed someone sitting with her-a tall African-American guy she knew was also on the football team.

"Ain't this entertaining?" he said with a chuckle. "You must be Kate. I'm Butch Ullman, Chad's other best friend. Don't worry, you'll get used to these two. They always do this. I just enjoy the front-row seat, myself."

"Other best friend?" Kate asked him.

"Don't let these two confuse you. They've been best pals since first grade."

"They have?"

"Yeah. Hey, guys, break it up, would you? I think the lady wants some coffee, Chad, ol' pal."

Chad looked down sheepishly. "Sorry, Kate. DiLillo grates on my last nerve."

"Last brain cell is more like it," Ben said. Then he smiled. "Just kidding. Have a good time. Kate, go easy on him, he's a dumb football player."

"Yeah, yeah," Chad laughed.

"Nice meeting you," Butch said to Kate. "Hey, DiLillo, how bout I kick your ass at chess?"

"You can try." They walked off together.

Kate just gaped at Chad. "You and Ben are friends?"

"Best friends. Since we were, like, seven."

"But, you're so different?"

"Not as much as you think," Chad said. Kate just looked at him, as he smiled and led her out of the stadium to his car.

They got to Dunkin' Donuts, ordered coffee and a few donuts, and grabbed a table.

"OK, so I'll go out with you tomorrow. I warn you, you don't know what you're getting into."

"Oh, really. How so?"

"I'm an artist," Kate grinned. "We're a little different."

"Kate. You didn't think I could figure that out just by the way you dress?"

"Oh, well..."

"I like it. It's distinctive. You've got a good eye," Chad told her.

"A good artist has to have a good eye," Kate said.

"That's funny," Chad said, looking right into her eyes, "so does a quarterback."

Just then, Brittany appeared at her table.

"Hi Chad!"

"Hi Brittany," he said, not very pleasantly.

"What are you doing?"

" Sharing a cup of coffee," Chad said pointedly.

Brittany chose to ignore it. "Chad, I was wondering, are you busy tomorrow night?"

"I have a date," he said, smiling at Kate.

"With her?" Brittany spat. "Why on earth would you go out with that?"

Kate smiled sweetly at her and said, "Maybe he decided he wanted a date with someone that doesn't wear her brains in her bra?" Chad laughed so hard he spat out a mouthful of coffee.

"How dare you?" Brittany erupted.

"Oh, go primp, would you? Your makeup's not globbed on enough, I can still see your face," Kate said, waving her hand dismissively. Brittany stomped off, fuming.

Chad just looked at Kate with a gleam in his eye. "You're a barracuda!"

"I told you that you didn't know what you were getting into."

"Kate, that was not disapproval."

They just grinned at each other.

Their first date went very well. They quickly arranged a second. And a third. Even the dance class was going well. The last two dates had ended with a deep kiss, but it hadn't gone further than that.

The next one was a little different than the first three, though. Kate got into one of her legendary painting grooves and completely lost track of time.

She flew down the stairs, finding Sophia and Betsy there. "WHAT TIME IS IT!"

"Six," Sophia told her. "I called you two hours ago, at four."

"Shit." Just then, the doorbell rang. "OH SHIT! Sophie, can you answer that, stall him or something?"

"Sorry, I'm busy. Betsy's got poo poo pants," Sophia said, reaching for a diaper.

"SHIT." Kate took a deep breath and opened the door. It was, as she had feared, Chad. "Oh, Chad, I'm so sorry. I completely lost track of time. Come in."

He did, and gaped at her. She was wearing paint-splattered overalls and a similarly splattered tee-shirt. She had blotches of paint on her face, hands, and even a bit in her hair.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.