Never Too Old to Be in Love - I
Chapter 35

Copyright© 2003 by Alison Whitehead

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 35 - Despite the difference in their ages a widower finds love with his young neighbour, Elizabeth. After his death, she in turn finds happiness with a young man, Robert, who she meets when she knocks him off his motor-bike. When she knows she is dying she grooms a replacement. But Sarah is young and there are many problems in the restrictive English university of the 1970's where he is her tutor. Will Robert and Sarah find happiness? The matter is in doubt right up to the end.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First  

The next morning -Tuesday, 15 June - [Judith]

"Sarah!" I caught sight of the chestnut locks and slender figure among the crowd leaving the Local History lecture that Dr. Whitehead had just given.

Her face lit up as she saw me. It gave me quite a boost - someone was glad to see me anyway! We filtered out of the crowd and she stood in front of me, grinning. We put our arms round each other - well I was really pleased to see her - and she danced round me.

"What are you so pleased about - not just seeing me is it? And are you better? Angie said you'd gone home poorly. Hey, your Dr. W. was on form today - better than he's been for weeks - though he does look as though he's been..."

She was still grinning.

I had been going to say that Dr. W. looked shagged out, but I looked at Sarah closely and saw that she probably fitted that bill too. The skin beside her eyes looked bruised, the eyes themselves well short of their usual clear whiteness.

"... up all night." I trailed off, realising the possible double entendre.

"Sarah?"

She shook her head, not willing to be drawn.

She said, "Come on! I'll buy you coffee. I need food. I'm starving."

I followed the Belsen victim, shunning the refectory and the offer of coffee in my room. She led me into the expensive restaurant that lurked seductively but unaffordably on the route into town. We got coffee and a pile of sticky buns and found a table out of the way.

"I haven't seen you since the College Ball. You were going great guns there - God! That dress..."

Sarah's face clouded - pain in her eyes.

Shut up and listen.

"Oh Judith! That was the worst... I don't think... I still can't talk about it. I still don't understand, but... Please. I'll explain later."

I held her hands, covering us both with sticky pastry. She tidied up and drew a deep breath.

"But things got better!"

"Sarah! Have you... ?"

Her grin spread from ear to ear.

"Hey! OK?"

She nodded vigorously, lifting her hand to lick pastry crumbs. I suddenly saw the diamond shining between two darker stones on her left hand.

"Is that... ?"

"Yep! Official."

"Oh Sarah! Oh! All the happiness in the world. Gosh! Is everything OK?"

"Yes, pretty well. Sore though. Some parts are off limits" We had a giggling fit.

"Do you want the blow by blow account?"

"Definitely. Here, have another bun. My waistline won't stand it. You've lost weight haven't you?"

"Yes, a bit. Last week - well, something happened as we were leaving the Ball." She shuddered. "I don't know, Robert won't - doesn't want to talk about it. But - he left me."

She paused, face shadowed. "Just ordered a taxi for me and went. I was worried for him at first - I realised something had happened. I didn't sleep that night - it was pretty bad. Then he rang me - just said he needed time. I'd no idea where he was - he'd gone to Northumberland - walked the hills for three days. That's really all I know. He rang again on Monday, telling me he'd cancelled our tutorial. He must have rung Vera too, because she had to cancel lectures, tutorials, meetings, everything. I'd been holding out for that afternoon. When he rang, I just went to pieces. It must have been sort of shock. I thought it was all over - he was never coming back. I pinned the note on my door saying I'd gone home and sort of curled up and - I don't know- waited for something - death - rescue - I don't know what I was hoping for. I think he must have come looking for me sometime on the Wednesday. I know there had been odd knockings on my door, but I was in such a state I wouldn't see anybody."

"Then, Thursday morning, Elizabeth's daughter, Polly came looking for me. For some reason, I opened the door to her and things began to get better. I still don't understand - it was - well, worse than a nightmare. Anyway, Polly took me home and Robert phoned - he was with my mum and dad, scaring the wits out of them. He'd decided I'd killed myself by that time."

"And things have been looking up since. He must have had an awkward time with mum, but he and dad got on - they're very alike - must say something about me. He came to Polly's that Thursday night and he was all right - he'd come to terms with us and Elizabeth. He stayed with me that night - no - we were both so exhausted that we just slept. Well - I wanted him in the morning, but I wasn't safe."

"We went slowly - it was all right, knowing that I only had to wait till Monday. We went back down to mum and dad's on Friday. We had a lovely day - closer to mum than I've been for years. And dad and Robert played snooker. I really needed that peace and all that gentleness. Robert went to see the Dean that night to persuade him to accept the scandal - and let me stay on with him as my tutor - with an external assessor for my work. There was a lot of political wheeling and dealing. I feel quite like some medieval princess - just a pawn in a complex marriage negotiation. I felt quite bad about it because Robert had a hard time with the Dean. And no marriage and no kids - on pain of - serious displeasure - while I'm an undergraduate anyway."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.